Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16027 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
13. Re: Evening Patches Oct 30, 2014, 13:18 Verno

Darks wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 12:07:
No excuse Verno, And yes I did read it. like I said, all they had to do before spouting off is read what the patch first before bashing the game. This is after all a thread about the patch and not the game itself.

I doubt you read it, if you did you would understand those people weren't bashing the game. Having a complaint about a single aspect (one that your post doesnt even fully address) is not "bashing". You live in this weird universe where if anyone says anything remotely perceived as negative about a game you play or like that they're "bashing" or "hating" it. Those people like the game, the other guy was the one bashing it. You can like a game and still not be happy with some aspects of it.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
14. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 12:33 Verno

DA2 always seemed to crash on me during auto-saves, I remember that being a problem back when it was released. The Nvidia texture bug is still there years later too.

I think the worst part of DA:I is that there will be no SDK or modding tools. I have a pretty hefty mod pack for DA:O and a modest one for DA2.

I replayed DA2 like 7 months ago and that mass kill command was a godsend. So many useless waves of crap every fight, it was so boring.

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
10. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 11:49 Verno

Creston wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 11:20:
Considering Skyrim winds up in the top 3 of pretty much every "top 100 PC games of all time" list I see, and is likely the best selling PC RPG of all time, I don't thinking that emulating it a bit more is that bad of an idea.

I'm tempted to pre-order DA:I, solely for the fact that it'll let me preload. Without a preload I'm looking at a solid five days of downloading. On the flipside, I hate rewarding EA. It's a dilemma. I'll probably keep debating it right up until November 14th.

As far as the game is concerned, I have no worry about liking it. I loved DA:O, and I've even enjoyed DA2 enough to play through it twice, so I seriously doubt I wouldn't enjoy this one.

As far as the Dragon Age keep, it's in "open beta", but it's been tested for like the past year, so it's more of a "We call it a beta just in case something doesn't work", but it really is an actual release.

I'm still on the fence about the game in general, I'm definitely not preordering though. Waiting for the reviews the only thing I miss out is some meaningless preorder sword. The leaked achievement list was a bit disconcerting with things like 75 fade rift closings yeeeeesh, that sounds like it'll get even more repetitive and mind numbing than killing dragons in Skyrim. I'm more interested in the general quest quality, DA2 had seriously terrible quests. Just even looking at the Tapestry stuff on Keep for DA:O vs DA2 is pretty telling, the latter has a lot less choice and consequence. If the quests are more like DA:O then great, if not then I'm not sure I will bother with this.

DA2 doesn't sit fondly in my memory and even just looking at stuff on Keep last night I had to struggle to remember people and places because it was just so forgettable. The few things that do: that Aveline companion quest where you're on patrol. It's supposed to be this charming, amusing take on her awkwardness around this guy but they have you slaughtering dogs by the dozen while they make these terrified noises. There isn't a WTF smiley big enough for that. The end game railroading was not only one sided but insulting and that's without going into the Anders crap. I think the only thing I truly enjoyed in DA2 was the Qunari story.

DA:O had many flaws but it felt like a good, meaty RPG for a change. Lots of content you could otherwise gloss over, some deep side quests and many nuanced choices. I hope DA:I is a return to that kind of game.

News Comments > EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed
8. Re: EA Financials; BF Hardline Delayed Oct 30, 2014, 09:21 Verno

Hardline just wasn't much fun. It's hard to reserve judgment of a beta when the core gameplay just doesn't grab you. I understand EA needs the revenue but they can do a lot better.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
8. Re: Evening Patches Oct 30, 2014, 09:00 Verno

Do you guys even read

Ironic because you didn't even read such a short thread so theres no need to be so unpleasant. They're the two people in this thread who are praising the game. Seemed like they were just listing a few minor complaints which is pretty reasonable. Maybe they just didn't have a chance to read the patch notes yet *gasp*.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M
6. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera at $4.75M Oct 29, 2014, 13:43 Verno

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 13:06:
Pillars of Eternity, Torment:Tides of Numenera. The money has been thrown at you, please turn out to be well done, (relatively) bug free games!

Also, Grim Dawn, please be finished in my lifetime, thanks.

Thus concludes the Kickstarter prayer.

Yeah I'm starting to get antsy about Grim Dawn, I know they're making progress but its taking so long.

News Comments > Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin
10. Re: Crusader: No Remorse Free on Origin Oct 29, 2014, 12:08 Verno

Darks wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:29:
jomisab wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 11:24:
I don't understand either. What are the downsides to just having an Origin account? Looking forward to DA: Inquisition, btw.

There is none, they are just being asses about it.

I've had Origin for over a year now and I have had no issues at all with it. I prefer Steam, but there's nothing wrong with Origin.

I don't dislike Origin per se but its kind of a half assed experience overall. It does the job at just launching the game I want and buggering off though which from EA is about all you should hope for.

My biggest beef is that I use Steam Big Picture mode a lot now and Origin has no equivalent. I usually just add stuff into it as non-Steam games but some games require Origin to launch and it gets clumsy. I wish EA would just sell on Steam, sigh.

Anyways no complaints about this though, free is free and appreciated!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 29, 2014, 10:17 Verno

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 18:26:
Verno wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 15:36:
Yeah Jivaro, I'm pretty sure they had a breach and just aren't telling people. I had my password compromised which is pretty much impossible considering I use 2 factor + 13 character generated passwords with KeePass on a thumb drive.

Just checked my account and everything is copacetic.

I would change your password to be on the safe side, they were definitely breached and are just not copping to it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
32. Re: etc., etc. Oct 29, 2014, 09:19 Verno

For you to be right, and me to be wrong, the "gaming press" would have to be engaged in an active conspiracy against GG. Why would they carry out this conspiracy? The "theory" I hear bandied about by GG supporters, is that the press is trying to destroy GG because GG is out to expose corruption in the press. ( If you have a better theory, then let me know. )

Using the word conspiracy is intended to make people look unreasonable or paranoid. There is no "conspiracy" but the gaming press is certainly one sided and there is literal precedent for at least some collusion, they had their little mailing list and then dumped a dozen like minded articles in a 2 day period, all coincidentally saying basically the same thing. That's pretty convincing to me.

The frustration that pushes people towards supporting some of the concepts behind GamerGate (and pushing back against these kinds of editorials) is very understandable, the press doesn't give any of these issues a fair shake and has been pushing an agenda from the beginning. Where was the press reporting on Zoe Quinns fake DMCAs and actively trying to censor reddit? Where are the counter points to Sarkeesian? Many readers like me have sent in editorials, rebuttals and so on, all of it ignored. The only thing that gets press play is essentially men bad, women good.

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
77. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 18:26 Verno

Krovven wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 16:41:
I want to know how the current releases function and how they look and at what resolutions are available...among other issues, features, etc.

People are probably busy, presumably like you since you weren't volunteering that information for them either.

Guess I'll just go get my answers from another forum where people don't have giant sticks shoved up their ass.

That doesn't sound like a forum you would belong in though. Zing

Just got off work and looking forward to loading this up, woohoo!

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
66. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 28, 2014, 16:30 Verno

That's the problem with this whole debate in general. People make assumptions based on a single line and then bam theres no room for moderation. You don't agree with Anita Sarkeesian? You're a woman hater who agrees with rapists or something. You don't believe there is a widespread problem in the first place? You're just a man trying to keep women down. I've tried bringing up several points about how women are well represented in various forms of media and how progressive gaming has become despite the female audience comprising such a small portion of the sales pie for AAA games but it gets glossed over in the rhetoric tossing.

At this point I just hope the whole thing dies down because its totally unproductive and its only accomplishing to make people dig into their respective positions instead of discuss them. Change comes at its own pace and the gaming industry is moving much faster than film or television ever did, I think women get more than a fair shake in games. The development side of things is a slightly different discussion and the issues are more complex.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2014, 15:36 Verno

Yeah Jivaro, I'm pretty sure they had a breach and just aren't telling people. I had my password compromised which is pretty much impossible considering I use 2 factor + 13 character generated passwords with KeePass on a thumb drive.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
11. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 15:12 Verno

The game is not wanting for content, if anything it gives pretty good value for the money. They are releasing content as part of the season pass nonsense which is totally optional. Most DLC is pretty mediocre anyway and you can already pick up cheap Steam keys of this.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2014, 14:03 Verno

It was okay but its easy to see why it failed with the market overall, I do respect Disney for the effort.  

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
7. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 28, 2014, 12:35 Verno

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:22:
It can't be a worse port than FFX13

I seem to recall a few people defended that port, that's the sad thing.

News Comments > Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players
5. Re: Next-Gen Grand Theft Auto V Bonuses for Returning Players Oct 28, 2014, 12:32 Verno

I haven't been following the re-release stuff very closely, is there any word on Heists yet?  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes Oct 28, 2014, 11:36 Verno

If they announced anything at all with a 3 I would be happy  

News Comments > X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com
8. Re: X-Wing & TIE Fighter on GOG.com Oct 28, 2014, 10:52 Verno

Awesome, I can't wait to revisit these. My brother and I spent countless hours playing them, great campaigns.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 10:40 Verno

He's not a marketing drone, hes the games producer. He was also misquoted:

"Update: Yamagiwa has stated via Twitter that the "30 FPS is the best framerate to play action games in," quote from the PlayStation Lifestyle interview is a misquote/translation. "We are to assign 1080p/30fps for Bloodborne considering its game designs, but didn't say it's the best choice for all action games" he said

Emphasis mine.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Scream Fortress Changes Oct 28, 2014, 10:33 Verno

Please announce something new Valve  

16027 Comments. 802 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo