Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Verno

Real Name Verno   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Verno
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2008, 00:40
Total Comments 16301 (Ninja)
User ID 51617

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
6. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 11:47 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 11:01:
Please stop giving both these crooks press.

It's actually better that the information gets out there to prevent people from stumbling onto it and somehow thinking its legit.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
32. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 19, 2014, 11:29 Verno

mag wrote on Dec 19, 2014, 05:19:
The difference between the comments here and at Kotaku is hilarious.

Here: "That's a bunch of money! Hope he's keeping track, but that's awesome. Good job, Notch!"

Kotaku: "WHAT A MONSTER WHO COULD POSSIBLY NEED SUCH A HOUSE THAT BIG HE SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THE MONEY TO ORPHANS."

Hahah, I always love that kind of mentality. Yep we should just all give away our earnings and good fortune to other people. How about this Kotaku commenters? You first. Donate your videogames, your pay checks, your time and etc. Lead by example.

How about Notch donates a million and still does more than all of those Kotaku commenters combined. Or better yet maybe he'll just start up his own charity where you don't worry about the majority of the money going to "operating costs".

News Comments > Larian's "Leaked" RPG Plans
5. Re: Larian's Dec 19, 2014, 10:26 Verno

I hope they get some new writers, they have the engine and tools to do something fantastic but the writing in D:OS was mediocre at best.  

News Comments > World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion
3. Re: World Wide Funder Refutes STALKER Apocalypse Collusion Dec 19, 2014, 10:17 Verno

We hope their project is successful, despite the controversy that they've stirred, and we think that people should lighten up on them a little. They look like a passionate team of people who want to make a spectacular game.

Hahahah yep ok sounds legit.

News Comments > Sportsfriends on Steam Tomorrow; Move Issues for PC Joust
2. Re: Sportsfriends on Steam Tomorrow; Move Issues for PC Joust Dec 18, 2014, 12:12 Verno

I'm not surprised, bluetooth on Windows is a complete disaster.  

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
185. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Dec 18, 2014, 08:38 Verno

I'm sorta interested in this but I'm struggling to get an idea of how the game plays over a longer period of time. I can see myself getting bored of just mining and trading pretty quickly, what else is there to do? I was surprised to see that player co-op options are extremely limited as that would have been one of the main draws for me. Can I eventually buy a capital ship and run around acting like a terror? What sorts of activities are there outside of mining and mapping?  

News Comments > Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed
3. Re: Lords of the Fallen 2 Plans Revealed Dec 17, 2014, 12:52 Verno

Darks wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 10:29:
I think they wont be as successful then next time around. they really burned a lot of people with that Draconian DRM they are using.

I really doubt many are going to jump all over this one.

Denuvo isn't really draconian DRM, it is just executable encryption and doesn't affect anyone but pirates. Due to the way it functions, it doesn't cause crashes or prevent legit owners from playing.

It's been cracked for DA:I now but I think demand for LOTF is pretty low so I'm not sure anyone will bother. The game itself had all sorts of problems and was a B effort at best.

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
60. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 12:47 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 12:47:
LOL !You guys are freaking killing me with these comments

Clearly the work of the game Flamethrower

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2014, 12:40 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:55:
Anyone ever have any legal dealings with a city over potholes? Hit a major one last night that blew out my new tire. So I have to take it into the shop today to get it replaced and have the alignment checked and such. Did a pile of research on it last night and am confident I can get them to pony up the dough, but I was just curious if anyone had any first hand experience with this.

I hit a pothole that blew out one of my tires last time I was in Canada (city called Burlington, fix your roads Canadians!). I got them to pay for the tire but it took some back and forth, probably complicated by my American citizenship. I installed the new one so there was no labor portion to worry about which might have been another hang up.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC
1. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC Dec 17, 2014, 09:13 Verno

The weapons/armor are outclassed soon after obtaining them, don't bother. Mounts are also a pointless addition to the game in their current implementation.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 16, 2014, 14:52 Verno

Go read Misspent Youth sometime and get back to me  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 16, 2014, 13:31 Verno

Cutter wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 12:45:
garrywong wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 10:01:
And all the people I speak to up here keep telling me "Oh this can never happen in Canada" and "Oh but that's in the US, we are so different up here", etc etc. /shakes head. I think there's a problem here with the way the public sees their government in all of this.

Conservatives are the same everywhere. They live in a culture of constant paranoia where everyone not them is a boogeyman. Anyone with half a brain - non-conservatives - fully expects this sort of behavior from them to begin with. What really disturbs me is how the companies claim there's no need for such legislation to begin with because they're already designing their networks to spy on people. Is this thew model for privacy going forward? That is to say, none at all. Good timing then I suppose as I spend more and more time offline as I get older. I really need to immigrate to a country where these things aren't take for granted. Any suggestions?

Somewhere without internet.

News Comments > Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3
6. Re: Ciri Confirmed for The Witcher 3 Dec 16, 2014, 11:36 Verno

Co-op adds all sorts of development complexity, I would rather they not do that and just focus on the core singleplayer experience that they're known for.  

News Comments > Hatred Gets Steam Redlight
59. Re: Hatred Gets Steam Redlight Dec 16, 2014, 09:27 Verno

It seems like a silly double standard to apply given the number of other reprehensible games on Steam.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
19. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 16, 2014, 09:25 Verno

You're wasting your time with LittleMe and Cutter, they have a number of crackpot theories about vaccination and government conspiracies. It's paranoid delusion and you won't reach them.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 16, 2014, 08:55 Verno

DA:I feels like the DA2 team trying to move back to DA:O without anyone from the DA:O team to hold their hand and show them the way. I don't mind a short game if the content is meaningful but this goes the other direction. A bunch of banal content designed to inflate game time with a very short story. The amount of superficial elements in the game is bordering on comical. Nearly every quest is resolved by fighting and the amount of quests without even text dialogue is kind of alarming. The story itself probably would've been better served by a 40 page choose your own adventure book. The ending is a big let down and really gut punches the build up they had going.

I liked the game because there aren't many RPGs on the market and your first time checking out the various zones was fun but I'm bouncing pretty hard off it trying to do a second run. It just feels superficial and without substance, just makes me want to replay DA:O instead.

I don't regret the money spent on it but after finishing the game and thinking about it I can't say I loved or even particularly liked it either. A few memorable moments in the story, a lot of annoyances from the AI/UI and not much else to take away. Also this game has the clunkiest CQC I've ever seen, so glad I played ranged.

That aside, I'm happy that they're moving in somewhat of the right direction instead of doubling down on DA2 bullshit.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2014, 09:02.

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
29. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 14:50 Verno

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 13:03:
Good luck with that one. C'mon Gabe hurry up with SteamOS. Pretty please? Or at least give us HL3 or something
Hopefully MS support will not run out on 7 for a while.
I really hate 8

I am really hoping SteamOS isn't another in a long line of dropped Valve projects because I barely use anything Windows specific anymore outside of games.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 15, 2014, 14:42 Verno

There is more than enough ammo to use against government idiocy without going into the realm of fantasy about UFOs and 9/11 being a plot by the Bushes and whatever.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 15, 2014, 09:50 Verno

Too inconsistent with the offerings. Some months they did weird repeats and even skipped some platforms. Sony didn't do great this year either but Microsoft as usual half assed it.  

News Comments > Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App
4. Re: Leaked Win10 Reveals Xbox App Dec 15, 2014, 09:48 Verno

Axis wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:42:
More useless bloat in their OS... as expected.

On this we are in full agreement.

Microsoft's treatment of PC gaming over the years is one of the biggest missed opportunities I've seen and its all the more glaring because its on their own turf.

16301 Comments. 816 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo