Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for nin

Real Name nin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname nin
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 25, 1999, 01:50
Total Comments 37733 (Jedi)
User ID 516

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 10:14 nin

InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 10:06:
I never knew he was a pilot!! Shit, I would dabble with vintage aircraft and helicopters if I could afford it, any day of the week! No wonder he said yes to the new Star Wars and Blade Runner. Aircraft cost shitloads of money to own and maintain

He's been flying a long time. I think he even rescued someone while flying a chopper, years ago.

Here we go:http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=116341

His son is a well known Chef who had a place here in town, that didn't last long (why he chose Tulsa is beyond me, but that might have led to it's lack of success - we're generally a cheap bunch).

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 2015, 10:19.

At least I didn't buy Evolve.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams
6. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Streams Mar 6, 2015, 10:07 nin

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 08:25:
Xero wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 08:01:
Never even played the first but I heard good things about it. A lot people even claimed it as their game of the year. I would definitely like a run thru that one before seeing what this sequel is all about.
Yeah I've been hearing good things about that too, but I will not pay $60 for that game. Maybe I'll pick it up on sale.

I paid $60 and didn't regret it a bit, based on how fun it was (though I don't blame you at all for wanting it for less).

Can't wait for Old Blood, and glad to see Machine Games is still at it. I think Wolf did decent numbers, but nothing mindblowing, and I feared Bethesda wouldn't want them back for any followups.

Looks like it's $36 on amazon, but I'm sure you could find it cheaper (or a coupon)...

News Comments > etc., etc.
20. Re: etc., etc. Mar 6, 2015, 10:02 nin

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 01:02:
Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 16:23:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 13:28:
Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 09:38:
You'll be able to pay Microsoft $60 for a wireless adapter that should have come in the friggin box in the first place. Seriously who makes a wired controller in 2015?!

I only buy wired controllers.

I never know if you're kidding or not mr joker

IMO every controller should be wireless by default with the option to wire it to a USB port.

Not kidding in this case. Never had luck with wireless keyboards. I've had two, and input is too laggy for games and they're always losing connection. Even my wifi to my devices cuts out every couple days and I have to reconnect it manually. Wires are a bit messy, but the connection is solid and reliable, and I never need to worry about charging or batteries. I've had one of my xbox controllers for 4 years and it still works as well as the day I bought it.

Sounds like you have interference issues. I have a wireless keyboard, trackball, wireless networking, and a ps4 controller (and the ps4 wireless) all within one room, with no issues...

No way in hell I'd go back to wired.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Postmortem
5. Re: Diablo III Launch Postmortem Mar 6, 2015, 09:59 nin

ItBurn wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:42:
InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 09:37:
...and then we decided to make Diablo3 into WoW lite. Only more amezballs and less griefing. The End.

I don't get the WOW comparison. Other than the skill trees. Which I hate. Still love the game(now that it's fixed).

I got tired of the "let's redesign everything every 18 months" that wow does, and it feels like that's moved into D3 as well. Granted, compared to launch, D3 NEEDED to change, but looking at the various changes in patches, it still feels like they're flying by the seat of their pants and don't have a clear goal in mind (but maybe that's just me).

I'd still love another D3 expansion as well. I tend to come back every 3-6 months, play the shit out of it for a week or two, get burnt out, and then quit for awhile (the 3-6 months).

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 09:55 nin

Harrison needs to slow the fuck down. Between this and the SW injury/scare, I'm not ready to lose him!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 6, 2015, 09:54 nin

Is Sucker Punch working on inFAMOUS 3?

God I hope so! They'd be crazy not to.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Professional Lumberjack 2015
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Professional Lumberjack 2015 Mar 6, 2015, 09:53 nin

Oh, this just screams a robbaz video.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 21:41 nin

I'm not surprised they (largely) dropped pro mode, but I am a little surprised keys was dropped. It's not a deal killer, but it is disappointing...I wish they'd reconsider.

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 11:24 nin

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 11:09:
In Rock Band all the music you have already, have they mentioned on the new version for next gen, if you get to carry it over or have to start from scratch?

It carries over from one generation to the next, but I doubt it'll switch vendors (ie ms to ps).

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 11:02 nin

Oh shit...

Rock Band 4 will focus on the core experience and the roots of the franchise – guitar, bass, drums, and vocals. There will be no Pro Guitar or key support in Rock Band 4. We will continue to support “Pro” mode for Drums.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 10:31 nin

I take it you'll be sticking with xbox Blue, since that's where (I'm assuming) your DLC is?

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 10:25 nin

I was lucky that mine worked out of the box, but I'd forgotten about folks having to send theirs in until you reminded me...

Also just remembered the claw hand I'd end up with after a half hour of play time...weeeeeeeeeeee...

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 10:14 nin

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:09:
This site has a forum?

Out of fear of being overwhelmed, I just need one question to be answered: Is it totally open world filled with players, multiple instanced servers with player caps, or single player with the option to coop?

(not sure if srs, but) The News Forum (where you go when you click on a given article to comment) is the most popular, but if you use the All Forums link at the top, there are several others.

edit: oh, now you updated...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 09:59 nin

Now you're just asking for trouble, Blue.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 09:54 nin

Excited about rock band. But I do hope the guitar switch is closer to what guitar heros was...I hated the mushiness of the RB1 guitar.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2015, 21:53 nin

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 21:25:
Maybe they'll put together good humble bundles now!

I went there.

I like their book bundles. They're pretty nerd friendly. Storybundle isn't bad, either.

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
3. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 4, 2015, 15:35 nin

Fion wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 15:32:
Seems unlikely to me that they would put an end to so successful a franchise as The Sims. Perhaps EA is handing the reins over to someone else.

EA sez:
Today we are consolidating Maxis IP development to our studios in Redwood Shores, Salt Lake City, Helsinki and Melbourne locations as we close our Emeryville location. Maxis continues to support and develop new experiences for current Sims and SimCity players, while expanding our franchises to new platforms and developing new cross-platform IP.

These changes do not impact our plans for The Sims. Players will continue to see rich new experiences in The Sims 4, with our first expansion pack coming soon along with a full slate of additional updates and content in the pipeline.

All employees impacted by the changes today will be given opportunities to explore other positions within the Maxis studios and throughout EA. For those that are leaving the company, we are working to ensure the best possible transition with separation packages and career assistance.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced
1. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Announced Mar 4, 2015, 14:20 nin

<Checks for Machine Games logo at the end>

YES!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 4, 2015, 13:49 nin

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 13:39:
  • nin wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:12:
    Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 12:04:
    Once he lands, grab him and toss him in the deepest darkest pit and throw away the key.

Exactly how many deaths has the information he revealed led to?
    I haven't heard any numbers, or even anecdotes, have you?

I thought I heard of one family, where the woman was compromised, and they went into hiding. But that was it...

If they want to charge him with that, fine. But he by no means unraveled the security of our nation of anything like that...

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN in September
    1. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN in September Mar 4, 2015, 12:54 nin

Think this will be the first one I check out at launch...Ground Zeros, while short, was fun, and if the rest of the game is that good, I'm there.

37733 Comments. 1887 pages. Viewing page 8.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo