Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anonymous User

Real Name Anonymous User   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrEvil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 31, 2000, 05:27
Total Comments 487 (Amateur)
User ID 5120

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
3. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2005, 23:27 DrEvil

Did anybody notice the *biggest* change though? Not really gameplay affecting, but surprising:

"Horde and Alliance members cannot duel with each other regardless of realm type."

Wow. That's kinda bizarre. Basically, no more duels among same faction members. That's really going to piss a lot of people off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tales of Alvin Maker Q&A
8. Re: Fantasy Books Jan 17, 2005, 15:59 DrEvil

Wheel of Time Series (come to an end already!)

Actually, it hasn't ended yet. There are a few more books to go in case you didn't know

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
12. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2004, 11:55 DrEvil

Not sure why're you're whining they're improving several things and I think even adding a few new abilities for the Warrior. Looks good to me.

News Comments > WoW Launches
4. Re: The truth about WoW Nov 25, 2004, 12:10 DrEvil

The real truth is that if people had did what Blizzard asked, none of them would be waiting.

I've played since a few days ago and I haven't waited in a queue once.

But, no, everyone has to 'play with their friends'. Instead of picking servers with lower populations, and insisting on the high population servers.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 SDK Soon
21. Re: GOTY Nov 17, 2004, 23:13 DrEvil

Thanks Gandhi for the sound tip. Lowering texture detail to medium really helped my system.

Guess a 128mb video card just isn't enough these days...

News Comments > BioWare Store Opens
16. Re: Whatever Nov 10, 2004, 17:45 DrEvil

"I'd prefer they just hired the talented people in the mod community to go work on NWN2 so they could get it to us sooner."

Funny you should mention that, but that's part of what they're doing Next complaint please?

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 17:46.

News Comments > BioWare Store Opens
1. Woot! Nov 10, 2004, 13:30 DrEvil

Woot! Woot!

These new modules are awesome!

News Comments > BioWare Online Store - New NWN Content
1. Woohoo Oct 26, 2004, 14:51 DrEvil

Can't wait to get these!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Success... Oct 24, 2004, 17:28 DrEvil

<i>Success everywhere but their core business.</i>

Depends on what you think their core business is, if you think their core business is iPods and their music store, then they're wildly successful

But, yes, as far as their computers they're only mildly successful (definitely successful though since they turn a profit).

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 17:29.

News Comments > Myst IV Revelation Demo
12. Re: is that 2d? Aug 9, 2004, 18:43 DrEvil

@Breadman86

Not quote true. See RealMyst for an example of a True 3D Myst game

News Comments > Myst IV Revelation Demo
2. Re: Yay MYST Aug 9, 2004, 16:48 DrEvil

Myst III: Exile was pretty good, sadly Presto Studios is no more (the people that made it) *sniff*.

News Comments > New Audigy 2 Drivers
15. Re: BAH! Mar 29, 2004, 21:14 DrEvil

I have never had any problems with a Creative product related to drivers or hardware for that matter. I've owned everything since the SoundBlaster Pro up to a SoundBlaster Audigy. Additionally, every friend I know owns and uses a Creative card and has never had issues with Creative's drivers or cards. In addition to that, the office I work at has a Creative sound card in every single machine and we have never had problems with them either. If Creative is really as bad as people make them out to be, I wonder why they're the standard when it comes to support for Audio in games (EAX, etc.)?

On the other hand...the worst and most troublesome sound card I ever owned was a Diamond Monster Sound MX200. It took them almost 2 years to deliver a driver that didn't crash most of my games. So much for Aureal.

I would highly suspect that something about your system was causing problems.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 21:17.

News Comments > Dear Diaries
6. Re: Partly Epic's fault for using a cd c Mar 20, 2004, 16:58 DrEvil

I love the heavily modified in photoshop screenshots... I guess blatent lies are now common place in videogames. I'm going to start worrying when they stop doing demos, then we're all fucked.

I don't see *ANY* photoshopped screenshots. I do however see some *ARTWORK*. Perhaps you should review your false accusations. I don't see any claims that the pictures presented are screenshots.

News Comments > Epic & Cheaters
23. Re: Partly Epic's fault for using a cd c Mar 20, 2004, 10:19 DrEvil

Guess I Wont be buying 2004 then.. any game that requires cd in drive to play wont be BOUGHT here...

Guess you won't be buying any games then. I don't know of any recent games that don't require the CD to be in the drive.

Of course, the catch with UT2004 is that you only need the CD in the drive to start the game (as far as I can tell). So you don't have to keep it in the whole time.

Aditionally, the drive doesn't spin the whole time the CD is in the drive. It checks it once at startup and then eventually it spins down completely and you never hear it again while running the game.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 10:21.

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed
5. Performance Jan 21, 2004, 16:10 DrEvil

I'd just be happy if they doubled the performance of SimCity 4. It's atrociously slow sometimes.

News Comments > UT2003 & UT2004 Incompatible
38. Re: No subject Jan 20, 2004, 16:13 DrEvil

I really despise the fact that two people can have the same nick but be two different people :p

The other guy really makes my name look evil. Oh, wait...

News Comments > NWN Patches Return
3. No subject Dec 17, 2003, 00:41 DrEvil

As announced on the forums, they will NOT be adding multiplayer support for the OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN of Hordes of the Underdark. You can however create modules based on HoTU material that are multiplayer.

Look in the HoTU General discussion forum for a long official explanation about this.

They have never said that HoTU would be multiplayer, people just assumed (wrongly), even when the HoTU website has always said it was a single-player adventure.

In fact, the survey they sent out plus the number of downloads of single player modules on their site indicated that the majority of online NWN users preferred great single player modules.

News Comments > Riftrunner = Beyond Divinity?
3. Re: Shouldn't that be... Dec 13, 2003, 02:23 DrEvil

Actually, the original game was called 'Divinity: The Sword of Lies', then CDV (their oh so wondrous publisher) got ahold of it and called it 'Divine Divinity' and forced Larian to rename it per their contract.

However, I was extremely disappointed with Larian, because as great as Divine Divinity was, it had several bugs that took them almost a *YEAR* to fix without so much as a peep from them for almost a 6 month period. Really hacked me off.

News Comments > Steam Update
5. No subject Dec 11, 2003, 00:21 DrEvil

I WANT TO CHANGE MY ANSWER!

News Comments > NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers
27. Re: Are these the drivers Dec 9, 2003, 17:32 DrEvil

"I don't know about that, but at least these aren't the drivers that overheat our GPUs and f-up our monitor."

Um. No such thing ever happened. It was a bunch of ATi haters that started this rumour. It was disproven by ATi's head of driver support, several review sites, and hundreds of independent conformations. A lot of hot air was all that was behind it. The drivers have never overheated GPU's or destroyed monitors. Only idiot users have caused that so far.

487 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo