Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anonymous User

Real Name Anonymous User   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrEvil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 31, 2000, 05:27
Total Comments 475 (Amateur)
User ID 5120

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires III Demo
34. Won't eve run.... Sep 7, 2005, 22:08 DrEvil

Won't even run for me. Game starts up, and then a few seconds later it just exits without an error. Real nice MS, great job on testing!

Bah.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege II
3. Played the demo... Aug 16, 2005, 12:59 DrEvil

I played the demo. It's going to take everything within me to resist buying the game

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - NWN: Pirates of the Sword Coast
5. Re: Nice! Jun 22, 2005, 23:57 DrEvil

Yes, Pirates of the Sword Coast is quite a nifty module, and it really looks nice. The polish is very apparent.

News Comments > BF2 Demo Exclusive?
12. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2005, 00:53 DrEvil

Haha suckers, I'm glad I have a gamespot account

News Comments > Gold - Pariah
18. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2005, 01:28 DrEvil

For a port I thought the game looked pretty damned good.

Okay, I didn't like the game, but I'm sick of seeing this lie being spread.

Pariah, is NOT A CONSOLE to PC PORT. Pariah is written using the *Unreal* engine, and from what I know was actually up an running on the PC before it was ever running on a console. So if anything, it was a port to a console, which even then it's really not, since it's the same engine that just happens to be able to run on multiple platforms.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 01:28.

News Comments > Gold - Pariah
11. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2005, 21:54 DrEvil

Never has a game been uninstalled so fast either from my system. It just feels wrong.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
3. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2005, 15:02 DrEvil

I don't know why Blizzard would like to penalize you so much other than little brats whining about it.

Sorry, but that's just too much of an elitist attitude. I am neither little, nor a brat and I think it's pointless to haven an honor system without dishonor. I mean, how can you have honor if nothing is dishonorable?

The point is, when you reward but never punish people do whatever they want and they do even more of it than when they received no reward. This is a game and people like the *chance* to be able to have fun and play. They can't do that if they're constantly being killed literally every few minutes non-stop.

What you suggest would be ok if it wasn't nearly impossible for a character 10 levels or even 5 levels lower than another to fight back, especially when it comes to casting classes.

Now before you say, "you must be some low level n00b". I have 12 different characters across various realm types and my highest is a level 52 Druid, so don't even go there.

The point is, rewards have no meaning if there is no punishment.

News Comments > Pariah Multiplayer Demo
52. Re: No subject Apr 15, 2005, 20:10 DrEvil

There is no such thing as a console port when it comes to Unreal. Get your facts straight. The game was running on the PC long before it was running on XBOX from what I've heard anyway.

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
3. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2005, 23:27 DrEvil

Did anybody notice the *biggest* change though? Not really gameplay affecting, but surprising:

"Horde and Alliance members cannot duel with each other regardless of realm type."

Wow. That's kinda bizarre. Basically, no more duels among same faction members. That's really going to piss a lot of people off.

News Comments > Tales of Alvin Maker Q&A
8. Re: Fantasy Books Jan 17, 2005, 15:59 DrEvil

Wheel of Time Series (come to an end already!)

Actually, it hasn't ended yet. There are a few more books to go in case you didn't know

News Comments > WoW Patch Plans
12. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2004, 11:55 DrEvil

Not sure why're you're whining they're improving several things and I think even adding a few new abilities for the Warrior. Looks good to me.

News Comments > WoW Launches
4. Re: The truth about WoW Nov 25, 2004, 12:10 DrEvil

The real truth is that if people had did what Blizzard asked, none of them would be waiting.

I've played since a few days ago and I haven't waited in a queue once.

But, no, everyone has to 'play with their friends'. Instead of picking servers with lower populations, and insisting on the high population servers.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 SDK Soon
21. Re: GOTY Nov 17, 2004, 23:13 DrEvil

Thanks Gandhi for the sound tip. Lowering texture detail to medium really helped my system.

Guess a 128mb video card just isn't enough these days...

News Comments > BioWare Store Opens
16. Re: Whatever Nov 10, 2004, 17:45 DrEvil

"I'd prefer they just hired the talented people in the mod community to go work on NWN2 so they could get it to us sooner."

Funny you should mention that, but that's part of what they're doing Next complaint please?

This comment was edited on Nov 10, 17:46.

News Comments > BioWare Store Opens
1. Woot! Nov 10, 2004, 13:30 DrEvil

Woot! Woot!

These new modules are awesome!

News Comments > BioWare Online Store - New NWN Content
1. Woohoo Oct 26, 2004, 14:51 DrEvil

Can't wait to get these!

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Success... Oct 24, 2004, 17:28 DrEvil

<i>Success everywhere but their core business.</i>

Depends on what you think their core business is, if you think their core business is iPods and their music store, then they're wildly successful

But, yes, as far as their computers they're only mildly successful (definitely successful though since they turn a profit).

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 17:29.

News Comments > Myst IV Revelation Demo
12. Re: is that 2d? Aug 9, 2004, 18:43 DrEvil

@Breadman86

Not quote true. See RealMyst for an example of a True 3D Myst game

News Comments > Myst IV Revelation Demo
2. Re: Yay MYST Aug 9, 2004, 16:48 DrEvil

Myst III: Exile was pretty good, sadly Presto Studios is no more (the people that made it) *sniff*.

News Comments > New Audigy 2 Drivers
15. Re: BAH! Mar 29, 2004, 21:14 DrEvil

I have never had any problems with a Creative product related to drivers or hardware for that matter. I've owned everything since the SoundBlaster Pro up to a SoundBlaster Audigy. Additionally, every friend I know owns and uses a Creative card and has never had issues with Creative's drivers or cards. In addition to that, the office I work at has a Creative sound card in every single machine and we have never had problems with them either. If Creative is really as bad as people make them out to be, I wonder why they're the standard when it comes to support for Audio in games (EAX, etc.)?

On the other hand...the worst and most troublesome sound card I ever owned was a Diamond Monster Sound MX200. It took them almost 2 years to deliver a driver that didn't crash most of my games. So much for Aureal.

I would highly suspect that something about your system was causing problems.

This comment was edited on Mar 29, 21:17.

475 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo