Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anonymous User

Real Name Anonymous User   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrEvil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 31, 2000, 05:27
Total Comments 475 (Amateur)
User ID 5120

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Closed Testing
15. Re: No subject May 2, 2007, 18:37 DrEvil

This comment was edited on May 2, 20:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: No beta here :( May 2, 2007, 18:36 DrEvil

This comment was edited on May 2, 20:26.

4. Re: No beta here :( May 2, 2007, 14:43 DrEvil

This comment was edited on May 2, 20:25.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II: Gold Edition Demo
4. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2007, 22:21 DrEvil

I love this game and this is a good expansion. If you plan on buying it directly from Stardock online just be careful...They make you use this horrible POS called Stardock Central, I won't do it again.

If you do decide to screw around with it though, for God's sake, do not use a different email address than what you may have used to purchase or update another game, such as GalCiv 2 regular.

I really don't get that. I have used StarDock Central many times. It works great, has never crashed, and its awesome being able to download and install a game on any machine I use without needing a CD.

If you are really having a problem with it, tell Stardock! It should be obvious by now that they legitimately care about their customers.

News Comments > BioWare Episodes
42. Re: Still making full games Jan 19, 2007, 15:49 DrEvil

So there are 5000 free modules available, then there are your 5 with price tags. Why?

Because it *costs* *money* to make them? Duh?

Professional voice actors, artists, etc. all had to be paid to produce them.

Not only that, the revenue from them was used to provide a revenue stream to enable Bioware to continue to support a game *well beyond* almost what any other company would do.

While I'm at it, I could ask why you don't hand out free money to everyone that asks for it...
This comment was edited on Jan 19, 15:50.

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2 Hotfix
11. Re: No subject Nov 10, 2006, 13:51 DrEvil

You think playing evil in this game is hard? Have you ever tried to play a True Neutral Druid? *dies*

News Comments > Gold - Neverwinter Nights 2
34. Re: NWN 2 cents Oct 17, 2006, 19:00 DrEvil

[i]
Eveyrone pretty much agrees (anyone that has even the slightest RPG pedigree, anyway) that NWN1's official campaign in single player mode was absolute garbage. Even Bioware admitted that. This is why the expansions were so much better, single-player wise. [/i]

Where did Bioware *ever* say that? Link please?

Just for the record, I thoroughly enjoyed the Single Player campaign.

News Comments > Dark Messiah of Might and Magic Preorders, Movie
18. Re: Cost. Oct 6, 2006, 13:30 DrEvil

Yeah, not only is the price a bit high (come on, we know it should be chaper don't give us excuses); they don't offer the Collector's Edition for pre-order through Steam. So, guess I'll stick with Amazon.

News Comments > New D&D Online Module
14. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2006, 19:43 DrEvil

No kidding. I lost interest once I found out they were esentially never going to add the Druid class. Bastards.

News Comments > ArchLord Beta
2. Re: installed it the other night.... Sep 13, 2006, 22:28 DrEvil

Completely agree. Worst MMO I have ever played, I think. I mean seriously, this is 2006, and my character doesn't walk! It just glides around like it's on rollerskates! And you can't pick a gender for some of the races, you have to play female

News Comments > NWN2 Limited Edition Details
14. Re: I want a t-shirt, not a stinkin ring Sep 13, 2006, 18:31 DrEvil

<i>.... But I'm still waiting for a company to top Blizzard's effort with the WoW Collector's Edition. THAT was a work of art! </i>

I dunno, the NWN Collector's Edition was pretty damn nice. I own both the Blizz one you mention and the NWN one.

News Comments > NWN2 Preorder Details
4. Not until Sep. 18th... Sep 11, 2006, 21:23 DrEvil

Beware, if you get the pre-order package now, you can't get access to the Toolset until September 18th. They apparently forgot to mention that in their press release.

News Comments > Dark Messiah Beta Live
4. Re: Doesn't Work Aug 30, 2006, 23:22 DrEvil

Works for me. I loaded the page, and click the button. Shazaam! Instant code. In FireFox even!

News Comments > Site Seeing - D&D Online Euro Beta Sign-ups
2. Re: D&D? May 11, 2006, 21:08 DrEvil

Well, there is a LoTR campaign setting for D&D I believe...

News Comments > D&D Online Module Released
8. Re: Is this the... Apr 7, 2006, 01:23 DrEvil

If you actually had / or are playing DDO, you would understand my complaint. DDO isn't a terrible game, like EQ2. But it isn't a good game, like WoW, or many others. It seems like every player just runs through dungeons at screaming fast speeds, so people that prefer a slow, methodical, take your time and enjoy the freaking expensive game pace are shunned. I played it for a few weeks in beta, and then almost a full month once it was live for retail.

I mean come on, a game that calls itself a *ROLE-PLAYING* game that doesn't have *RP* servers, and won't even let player characters sit in chairs? Instead, when my character sits and I turn my camera he spins on his ass like he sat down on a pole? What the heck?

It's just sad to me that a game like WoW has better role playing opportunities than a game that licensed a D&D property. Sigh.

News Comments > D&D Online Module Released
1. Is this the... Apr 7, 2006, 00:13 DrEvil

Is this the module that makes the game fun? Oh wait, no, it would take a whole heck of a lot more than a module.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Guide Quashed, Lawsuit
6. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 02:02 DrEvil

*Didn't realize that using trademarks illegally for the purpose of making a profit fell under the realm of free speech.*

If you read the article, you would realize that this Kopp's lawyer is purporting that this is a *fair use* of trademarks. How is this man's use of trademarks any different than that of a How To book for MS Word? It isn't. You can't give games preferential treatment just because your favored company makes them.

News Comments > SpellForce 2 Demo
69. Re: re Mar 9, 2006, 18:48 DrEvil

<i> Like I have said many times, the new Starforce doesn't hurt you. You can always remove it after you have finished the demo if you are that paranoid.
</i>

And like I have said many times, a game has NO DAMN BUSINESS installing drivers on my system. I don't even need the remotest chance of something adding instability to my system.

News Comments > X3: Reunion Playable Demo
17. Re: ... Mar 8, 2006, 22:56 DrEvil

Quite frankly I don't care if you can name a single postive or negative effect starforce has. Games have no < insert deity here > damn right to install a freakin' driver onto my system! Games don't need their own device drivers. That's just asking for a system to be more unstable. It's inexcusable, dirty, underhanded, and unnecessary. Maybe if they started treating people like customers instead of criminals they wouldn't need copy protection at all!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons Online
25. Re: Smooth lanch? Feb 28, 2006, 22:41 DrEvil

[i]There is no outside of the city, afaik.[/i]

[b]There is[/b], and has been for a while. The first gate in the stormreach harbor area is a big double one that leads to the market place. However, if you go down by the docks near the sailing ship where an NPC is standing waiting and go to your far right a second set of large gates leads outside to the jungle. Currently, the area is too dangerous for most players. I imagine that Turbine is keeping what happens outside the city under wraps for an upcoming update. Most people believe the Dragon encounter will be outside the city through those gates.

I myself have been outside the city, though not for long before I ran back inside (wolves, spiders, etc.).

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 22:42.

475 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo