Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Anonymous User

Real Name Anonymous User   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DrEvil
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On May 31, 2000, 05:27
Total Comments 487 (Amateur)
User ID 5120

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 User Review Backlash
48. Re: Portal 2 User Review Backlash Apr 20, 2011, 13:22 DrEvil

shul wrote on Apr 20, 2011, 12:26:
With an SSD, the loading times are much more bearable.

Although I do think that some caching is in order here valve.

Yeah, no kidding. This is the first title my 10K RPM SATA drive actually takes more than just a few seconds to load for each level :-)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
28. Re: RAGE Trailer Apr 19, 2011, 15:51 DrEvil

FiLTHY_SNiPER wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 13:04:
I could clearly see pan juttering, so it's no doubt capped at 30fps like most console games.

Nope. Carmack explicitly stated in a recent interview that he repeatedly and forcibly insisted that the game run at 60. He mentioned that as a result of that, they had to make some visual tradeoffs he wasn't completely happy about, but felt that 60+ was really important.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Portal 2
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Portal 2 Apr 19, 2011, 14:31 DrEvil

Ray Marden wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 12:45:
Nin, I am left handed and use a right-sided mouse.

However, that is no excuse for using reverse mouselook.

Go take your pop tarts and 3DFX cards and sit in the corner...
For shame!
Noting this is not a left hand-friendly world,
Ray

Ditto; left-handed people are the only ones in their right-minds of course ;-)

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Delay
3. Re: Dungeon Siege III Delay Apr 7, 2011, 23:38 DrEvil

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 22:53:
Yeah, Kotor 2, NWN 2, Alpha Protocol, Fallout New Vegas. Yeah they NEVER get enough time to polish games. I won't even mention the extra year Alpha Protocol got.

Just imagine how bad they would have been without the polish time.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Specs
28. Re: The Witcher 2 Specs Apr 6, 2011, 00:15 DrEvil

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 13:04:
true, but one can still worry about it, no?

I simply maintain that a GUI designed properly and natively for mouse and keyboard can NEVER work on a x360 controller unless concessions are made in GUI and Gameplay. And this is why worry about it.

You're making an awfully big assumption there. Nevermind that there could be a GUI designed specifically for controller use and one for everyone else.

News Comments > RIFT Account Security Measures
17. Re: RIFT Account Security Measures Mar 19, 2011, 23:11 DrEvil

fatguy wrote on Mar 19, 2011, 22:33:
I can't see your lips.

Be that as it may, I have to agree with him. There's no way I'm going to run out and buy a copy of this game just so I can pay a subscription for a month, get bored, and quit.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Announced
4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Announced Mar 1, 2011, 13:08 DrEvil

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 12:41:
That ship looks like one from Homeworld. Pretty cool. Too bad I never got into this series because I found it a little too complicated for my liking, but i should make the effort and spend some time with the demo to find out how this game plays. Always tried the tutorial mission and then I just lost interest half way through that.

I hated the "three-d" (yes, I'm mocking it) aspect of it.

I'd much prefer a presentation / interface similar to Galactic Civilizations or Master of Orion.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks
38. Re: Duke Nukem Forever and Steamworks Feb 15, 2011, 18:54 DrEvil

Draugr wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 18:26:
Narf2029 wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 17:29:
Considering that BioWare didn't make a cent off of your used purchase, I don't think they give a shit about your thanks. Especially since they're part of EA now.

This. by buying second hand you've given them as much money as someone who stole the game.

By the logic, I assume you are implying libraries are a hive of villainy and scum.

News Comments > You Don't Know Jack About Customer Relations
14. Re: You Don't Know Jack About Customer Relations Feb 11, 2011, 20:02 DrEvil

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 10:48:
Health Food Store Boy Doll!!!!

48 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQBAKpiNbws

Quick tip, did you know that you can set the time where youtube starts playing a video just by adding a few characters to that URL?

For example, just add '&t=48s' to the above URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQBAKpiNbws&t=48s

Bam; there you go...

News Comments > More Witcher 2 Preorder Bonuses
6. Re: More Witcher 2 Preorder Bonuses Feb 9, 2011, 16:49 DrEvil

necrosis wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 13:24:
Creston wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 11:28:
See publishers? This is how you get people to gladly pay for your games.

As opposed to your normal, retarded, "You're a fucking pirate because you bought our game!" bullshit.

Yay Gog.

Creston
No they are still pulling the same bullshit I fucking hate and has become a staple with game lately. Vendor specific items.

Fuck GoG. Still keeping my preorder on Amazon.

Why are you upset that they're trying to compete with other retailers?

That makes no sense.

Nevermind that all of the items they're doing special bundling of aren't in the game itself!

News Comments > Magicka Patched
6. Re: Magicka Patched Feb 7, 2011, 22:52 DrEvil

Parias wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 21:33:
Not sure if I get this - practically the game's core driving gimmick is behind the ability to combine and mix and match spells, especially when it comes to co-op play. If you find this system "annoying" then you may as well just write off the whole game. Are you expecting the developers to just patch this functionality out or something?

I could live with the combo system if I could create my own presets (think macros) once I've figured out a particular combo.

Making a player hit the same keys again and again is dumb. It makes this game feel too much like Street Fighter rather than a PC game.

News Comments > King's Quest III Redux Announced
14. Re: King's Quest III Redux Announced Jan 25, 2011, 21:08 DrEvil

Dev wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 19:47:
jimnms wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 19:12:
There is already anothher King's Quest III remake here.

Exactly what I was going to say. Why not work on something that has NOT been done?

How about, this remake has been *eight* years in the making? So it actually started *before* the remake that is pointed out above?

Nevermind that the artists behind this one are arguably far more talented.

News Comments > Salem, A F2P Permadeath MMORPG Announced
9. Re: Salem, A F2P Permadeath MMORPG Announced Jan 20, 2011, 16:01 DrEvil

Flatline wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 15:56:
And the first time someone's connection to the server is interrupted and they die because they're standing there, looking stupid, and loose 6 months of effort, they're going to loose that player.

I'll be sure to look out for players and wild months on the loose Oh wait, you meant lose players. Nevermind.

News Comments > Torchlight II Interview
8. Re: Torchlight II Interview Jan 7, 2011, 16:43 DrEvil

Creston wrote on Jan 7, 2011, 13:08:
I wonder if they're ever going to honor their "You buy the sp game now, and we'll give you the MMO one for free" promise.

Because I get the strange feeling that they've conveniently forgotten about that.

Creston

The only thing I ever recall them saying about the MMO and free was that the MMO was planned to be free-to-play with microtransactions.

If you can find a source for your specific information, it would be interesting.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2010, 19:35 DrEvil

nin wrote on Dec 22, 2010, 10:20:
OMG Cat.

Holy shit, the audio there is amazing(ly bad). Was someone trying to reenact 2001 in their basement?

If you read the description of the video, the music was intentionally horrific.

News Comments > Project Offset and fractiv Update
7. Re: Project Offset and fractiv Update Dec 17, 2010, 18:51 DrEvil

Overon wrote on Dec 17, 2010, 18:34:
I remember all the the comments about how project offset was going to be the greatest thing ever because the graphics were movie like. And some of the more sober of us kept saying "this is just a tech demo" but people wouldn't listen.

And they wouldn't listen because they were right. Project Offset was both a game and engine. There's even gameplay video posted on YouTube.

News Comments > Civilization V Patch Plans
5. Re: Civilization V Patch Plans Dec 11, 2010, 17:15 DrEvil

Sepharo wrote on Dec 11, 2010, 13:20:
Tons of good fixes but I don't see any mention of late game performance or really any performance improvements at all.

You didn't read closely then:

Additional pathfinder optimization.

If you read the original dev posts, they believed a good part of the performance problems towards the end game were a result of the pathfinding algorithms used for workers and AI units.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup
9. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Extension, Shakeup Dec 10, 2010, 17:17 DrEvil

JohnBirshire wrote on Dec 10, 2010, 17:13:
I bought this game at release, played it for a couple days and quit.

The biggest problem for me is that there were no US servers. So even with a great internet connection you were lucky to have a 250 ping...a far cry from the 20-30 ping I have for any other game.

If you want to do business in a country, have servers in that country. That goes for US countries wanting to do business in Japan, and vice versa.

Funny, there are US WoW servers, and most people consider a 250ms ping to be pretty good to them

I have an excellent internet connection at home and latency to the various WoW servers has always been a bit high. (And before you blame my connection, it's 22mb down/5mb up, and various speed test sites show an average latency of around 20ms.)

News Comments > 1 2 3 KICK IT! Announced
7. Re: 1 2 3 KICK IT! Announced Dec 10, 2010, 17:03 DrEvil

space captain wrote on Dec 10, 2010, 16:17:
it's got a funky beat and I can bug out to it

Farm out man, I can disc it!

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfix
11. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfix Dec 8, 2010, 16:27 DrEvil

Tumbler wrote on Dec 8, 2010, 16:14:
What does someone get at this point with just the World of Warcraft account? Like you buy that $5 thing for a month of play, but none of the expansions, including cataclysm. Are you still looking at basically a different game than before? I'd be interested in trying it again if so.

Would someone mind going into detail about some of the differences?

Blizzard explains the differences and what you get on worldofwarcraft.com in a pretty obvious place. But the short of it is that the game is different, even for those that just have the original WoW game and none of the expansions.

But honestly, most of the good content is in the WoTLK and Cataclysm expansion. (Except for the Goblins; they suck.)

487 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo