Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for A

Real Name A   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Zzet
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 6, 2008, 17:10
Total Comments 310 (Amateur)
User ID 51005

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2012, 09:44 Zzet

As much as I want the always-connected DRM to vanish, gamers seem to be mostly hypocritical when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is. I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who was aware of the lack of local or singleplayer support and purchased the game anyway, only to find myriad problems plaguing them from the start. You're voting with your money and that's all that matters in the end.

If you're happy with the DRM, I'm happy for you. Enjoy the game! But just be aware that you don't determine when you can play it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Hardware Plans?
2. Re: Steam Hardware Plans? Mar 3, 2012, 11:26 Zzet

Curious; Steam on a console is actually a viable idea given the nature of the service. If Microsoft can make Windows 8 work well with existing games, it might be an interesting alternative to an XBox 720.

The most attractive thing I can think of however is that if the competing services statement is correct, indie developers might be able to make their games available without having to program for an entirely different platform. All that would be necessary is a competing service that doesn't try to have everything Steam has, but instead offers all the other small games that would otherwise only be known to dedicated PC gamers.

Assuming, of course, this isn't just a rumour.

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
2. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 10:04 Zzet

Ah excellent, so that just leaves the same problem to re-occur when we change either the CPU, the RAM, the motherboard, any disk drive, any optical drive, any non-GPU PCI-E card or possibly the BIOS if it affects any part of their hashing algorithm.

Jesus, just give it up already.

News Comments > Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
2. Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 6, 2011, 13:01 Zzet

Well, let's be accurate here, Zenimax Media are the ones initiating legal proceedings, not Bethesda. No need to tarnish an excellent development house due to the actions of a bullish owning company.

http://imgur.com/1gTih

News Comments > Minecraft Full Launch in November
11. Re: Minecraft Full Launch in November Apr 8, 2011, 05:39 Zzet

What a lot of people fail to get is that Minecraft is the purest form of sandbox gameplay and doesn't pretend to be anything else. There's no mission structure, there's no objective and there's no end goal. It's just you and your imagination...and a pseudo-randomly generated world.

To say that Minecraft is a shallow retro game is perhaps being quite ignorant, given that the only thing the game shares with retro games is the graphics. And that, much like World of Warcraft, is by design.

I will add that playing with friends is a lot better than playing the game alone. Your solo efforts are pretty much irrelevant unless you happen to be part of some pass-the-world style arrangement with other players. It's only when you have three, four or more players on the same server does it get truly fun. The addition of a harsher survival mode (that does add some sort of objective) would be the icing on an already delicious cake.

News Comments > Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op
35. Re: Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op Feb 21, 2011, 08:07 Zzet

So let me get this straight; this game is meant to be all about combos and destroying things in as many ways as possible, or something. It has a 4-5 hour campaign, one deathmatch mode, no team deathmatch, no co-op, an utterly disastrously bad website and more marketing bullshit (see said website) than I've ever seen for a game.

All this for $60 U.S.

Is it me or will Brink make people forget this game very quickly?

News Comments > Star Trek Deep Space Nine MMOG Announced
2. Re: Star Trek Deep Space Nine MMOG Announced Sep 28, 2010, 10:18 Zzet

Free-to-play is good, in a browser is...well, debatable, and the IP is very well known. A recipe for success? Based on STO I predict mediocrity or abject failure.  

News Comments > The Bible Online Beta
37. Re: The Bible Online Beta Sep 7, 2010, 05:57 Zzet

I for one can't wait for The Islamic Crusade expansion.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
16. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 1, 2010, 04:42 Zzet

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 04:20:
Uhhhh...as I said, it is not theft as no one is being deprived of their property. All you did was backup my assertion.

They are providing a software that you are not paying for and using.
But they're not depriving anyone in this instance, thus the legal definition of theft doesn't apply.

On top of that - someone, at some point, DID steal it. They transfered it from either a server master copy of the software, or disc, or some other format.
SO you could also be "in possesion of stolen property".
Conjecture - you don't know this for sure and can probably never know. The software may have been copied (not theft), legally purchased and copied (not theft) or lent to a friend who copied it (not theft). It may even have been distributed by the developers themselves which I believe is not unheard of.

Or you can just be under the catch all of "theft of services".
Or under any number of federal laws for tranfering over state lines, computer, mail, etc.
I can't speak regarding state lines but theft of services doesn't apply to purchased goods, as there is no service rendered. If you paid the developers to install your game as well as give you a copy, and you never paid, that would be theft of services.

I am not a lawyer, all opinions are expressed as such, by reading this you absolve me of any and all responsibility for anything and everything ever. Your statutory rights are as they were before reading this. No purchase necessary. Do not taunt happy fun Zzet.

News Comments > Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie
28. Re: Valve Would Like to Make the Half-Life Movie Aug 27, 2010, 07:30 Zzet

Nameless Again wrote on Aug 26, 2010, 23:26:
Meh...why spend two hours watching a movie about Half-Life, when I could be playing it?

That said, they hit the ball out of the park with the first game. HL2 still doesn't hold a candle to HL1.
Ooo, I might have to disagree with you there. I love both games but Half-Life 2 had better characters, a substantially richer world and a more intriguing plot. Half-Life 1 certainly had a better introduction and it would translate almost perfectly to a movie beginning, but I think Half-Life 2 would povide better movie fodder.

Tell you what, they should make both. BUT AFTER EPISODE 3!

News Comments > John Carmack: No New id IP for Years
21. Re: John Carmack: No New id IP for Years Aug 12, 2010, 16:11 Zzet

scratz wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 11:28:
I would love to see a current generation game revisit the original world of Quake 1.
They wouldn't need new music, the Quake Soundtrack is fabulously atmospheric.

News Comments > OnLive Founding Member Offer Extended
16. Re: OnLive Founding Member Offer Extended Jul 19, 2010, 07:09 Zzet

Surf wrote on Jul 19, 2010, 00:06:
Shit, the system above will last 5 or more years easily!
I doubt that. The video card will become obsolete in a year or two, and the CPU might just become the minimum recommended in around the same time scale. Recommended specs for a fairly simple game like Alien Swarm are a 2.4Ghz Core2Duo, which means for an enjoyable experience with a decent display you're already looking at the system you specified. I'm not saying OnLive is an alternative to this by any means of course.

News Comments > New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation
4. Re: New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation Jun 19, 2010, 07:32 Zzet

The Last Man on Earth mutation is my favourite, it's just a superb way to experience the game single-player.  

News Comments > SpongeBob SquarePants MMOG
3. Re: SpongeBob SquarePants MMOG Jun 9, 2010, 12:25 Zzet

To be honest there's not much that is less suited for development into an MMO.  

News Comments > New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation
2. Re: New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation May 28, 2010, 19:30 Zzet

Very cool idea!  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 26, 2010, 15:15 Zzet

Regarding News Corp.'s paid sites, they're pretty much killing off a large portion of their audience by removing themselves from search engines. I haven't paid for news by any means for a long time, and I still use the BBC, AJE, The Metro free paper and whatever else arrives via other news sites (yay for Reddit!) for my updates. If the Times et al want to go paid, cool, good luck to them. But I can't see it as anything but a short-sighted move.  

News Comments > Top Gun Announced
16. Re: Top Gun Announced May 21, 2010, 05:36 Zzet

Wildone wrote on May 20, 2010, 22:05:
TOP GUN 2: BUKKAKE VOLLEYBALL
This game still holds a place of pride on my (top) shelf.

News Comments > Kotick: "No Choice But to Fire" IW Heads
26. Re: Kotick: "No Choice But to Fire" IW Heads May 7, 2010, 09:44 Zzet

Yes Bobby, nearly 40 developers quit because they disagreed with the way you handled insubordination.

I wonder if he believes what he says.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
14. Re: Alpha Protocol DRM Details May 2, 2010, 19:04 Zzet

While I respect SEGA for being up front and candid, I still don't see the point. It'll be cracked and released and pirates will not bat an eyelid. Unless you're going the route of Ubisoft (who's DRM does work exceptionally well until the game is 100% completed) I don't really see the point any more.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Patched
11. Re: Star Trek Online Patched Apr 30, 2010, 05:16 Zzet

"Just *maybe*" is not good enough for a monthly fee, however.  

310 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo