Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for RedFlagKid

Real Name RedFlagKid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname RedFlagKid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 8, 2008, 04:12
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 50259

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One
15. Re: King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One Jul 12, 2010, 04:12 RedFlagKid

I can't say for sure, but I think the only thing these people will be "advertising" for is future free releases, which, if you're playing the FIRST CHAPTER in a 5 part series, you might be interested in.

You're literally registering for their forums by doing this, which allows you to gripe about the "free" aspect to them directly, if you are really so bent on it.

Anyway, this chapter is hardly a chapter, and more like a prologue. There's 2 or 3 puzzles in the whole thing, and the rest is long winded dialogue and dream sequences that I sort of glazed over during. I'll probably play chapter 2, but so far... not super happy with it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Crafting Announced
42. Re: Team Fortress 2 Crafting Announced Dec 14, 2009, 03:52 RedFlagKid

Two things I'm worried about:

1. how long will it take to get the items you need to craft useful stuff, when items are given out randomly for time played?

2. what's left to update when the soldier and demo get their updates... more hats? great...

News Comments > CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser
32. Re: CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser Aug 23, 2009, 14:41 RedFlagKid

Big deal, I shave my head every two weeks

i haven't seen a picture of this guy, but i'm guessing he has John Romero's silky pretty pony hair, and that this is actually a big deal...

News Comments > CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser
13. Re: CEO Bets Hair Victoria 2 is a Loser Aug 22, 2009, 22:12 RedFlagKid

I don't really understand how this sort of negativity is supposed to drum up sales. If he said "I told you so" after the fact, that'd be one thing. But telling your customers that you don't have faith in a game is just bad marketing.  

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Update Plans
42. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2008, 16:03 RedFlagKid

But the benefit for us gamers is that we have active and involved developer who is making changes and adding new content at not additional cost.

What you call "free content" should have been included at the start. What did you get in the Orange Box? Team Fortress classic with the same classes, and same maps, albeit tweaked a bit, and some fancy graphics... maybe if there had been achievements from the get go, there'd still be 9k people playing it. And isn't balancing something you can do at least on a basic level during in house beta?

Having said this, I still love the game and play it daily. But it's definitely got some flaws.

News Comments > TF2 Pyro Update Plans
13. No subject Jun 8, 2008, 00:17 RedFlagKid

I guess I understand wanting to release TF2 ASAP since it was so far removed from the original and classic, but this almost feels like an unfinished game... I really would have preferred buying all the achievements and special weapons at once when it was ready. Hearing that they are still designing and tweaking one classes stuff is especially disheartening... Oh, and a pack of new levels would have been great too.

And stat whoring was over after the first week. I've since been on losing teams with no medic, only to change classes myself.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 00:18.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo