Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane Nyberg

Real Name Shane Nyberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Matshock
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2008, 03:51
Total Comments 330 (Amateur)
User ID 50185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
76. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 15:16 Matshock

Overon wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 15:02:
IT also takes no courage to express disdain for the ourage againt bigotry. At least not anonymously on the internet. We can go on like that that infinitely.

I'm not outraged. It's typical and in many settings socially accpetable to use gay slurs. This incident is just a piece of the larger problem. The point is that Blizzard gave a guy a big stage to voice his gay slurs. Slurs that I hardly think they woudld embrace publicly.

So now you're just an anonymous complainer?

How about at least taking an anonymous stand?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

66. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 14:52 Matshock

Overon wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 14:43:
Blizzard is a huge studio with tons of fans. It does not behoove them to be associated with biggotry of any type.

You can say whatever you like, just don't expect people to keep silent when biggots say what they like. Also on a website, the website operator can remove anything he/she likes, for whatever reason period. I'm shocked that Blue does not want to be associated with biggotry. *scarcasm*

Gay biggotry is disgusting to me. All biggotry is disgusting to me. It takes no courage to be biggoted against a group with a particular characteristic.

It also takes no courage to express outrage against bigotry. At least not anonymously on the internet.

59. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 14:30 Matshock

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 14:23:
Funny! The broadcasters association just tried to ban that in Canada recently, most stations said piss off. A few did a 24hr marathon playing that song non-stop.

It amazes me how many people don't get context anymore.

There's a big difference between "ha, ha you're funny" and "FU, FOAD".

55. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 14:15 Matshock

One could set up their own board and fill it with whatever speech they want.

A private person could sue a .gov board in the USA to prevent it from censoring posts and likely win.

Private boards can censor anything with impunity.

The Bill of Rights places limits on government, not private persons.

I edited out the word "citizens"- that's not entirely accurate.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2011, 14:21.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2011, 14:26 Matshock

And a weird update:

Either Origin's data rate counter is busted or Origin is ignoring my ISP's throttling- it's way past what my limit is.

Steam always goes right to the limit then stays there.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Oct 26, 2011, 14:20 Matshock

I understand the frustrations. I just popped open my disc copy, with 2 nice, fast installing DVDs in it.

They don't work- won't even open the executable don't work.

So, I had to punch in my product key into Origin. Then I had to exit Origin, re-run it as an administrator then start up the download again. I didn't need to do that for the Beta.

If I gave DICE a 100 and EA an equally weighted 20 that's 60.

Valve did this with Steam/Half Life 2. "Wanna play HL2? You'll have to beta test our shitty DRM for us." OK, HL2 was worth it and there was no other way to play it.

EA's problem is that Steam doesn't suck anymore and Origin does. There's also MW3 and while I'm not a fan there are others who are.

This could go badly for EA. They may deserve it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 13:10 Matshock

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 13:02:
Buy this and you're a major asshole.

"How many assholes do we have on this ship anyway?"

"YO!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 Oct 25, 2011, 11:46 Matshock

I remember most of the BF2 64 player games being meat grinders as well.

I thought 48 was the sweet spot on 64-player sized maps.

I may start out with some 32-player Rush and wait a bit on the big conquest game.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
34. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 23:05 Matshock

I'm running a 560 (not Ti)- I understand the 460 and 560 (non-Ti) share some common components so that may be part of it.

24. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:49 Matshock

Bludd wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:44:
Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:40:
Bludd wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:35:
Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:32:
All downloads direct from Nvidia. If it's a virus then it that is the only thing it is doing.

280.xx didn't do this. The 285 betas did so I went back to 280 and it stopped doing it again.

Now the 285 WHQL does it...that's about the only pattern I'm seeing.
What's the rest of your system then?

I have never seen DEP do anything against any geforce driver and I almost always go for the latest beta.

Windows Vista etc. etc.

And it's not the driver in and of it self it's the NV control panel software that is getting shut down. But only when with the 285 driver.

It was the etc. etc. I wanted to know. Are you using an AMD CPU? Is your BIOS version old? If yes to both, update your BIOS and see if that helps.

Na, now we're just throwing out generalities. 280= no problem 285=problem, it's just that simple.

285 WHQLs released 24 hours prior to the AAA title they are designed to support?

Rushed release I say.

I'll wait to see if anyone else reports the same problem before I go worrying about a CPU that a multitude of other people have.

22. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:41 Matshock

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:39:
DEP can activate when AV or other stuff accesses memory you know... Heck something could be "hijacking" the driver authorization thingy of 64bit windows and that triggers the DEP crash when the CP accesses it.

Or then again, it just might be corruption somewhere... DEP is impossible to diagnose.. if it crashes with a DEP exception chances are without DEP it'd literally blue-screen because of illegal memory access

Nope, running without DEP now. Nvidia CP launched and worked flawlessly.

21. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:40 Matshock

Bludd wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:35:
Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:32:
All downloads direct from Nvidia. If it's a virus then it that is the only thing it is doing.

280.xx didn't do this. The 285 betas did so I went back to 280 and it stopped doing it again.

What's the rest of your system then?

I have never seen DEP do anything against any geforce driver and I almost always go for the latest beta.

Windows Vista etc. etc.

And it's not the driver in and of it self it's the NV control panel software that is getting shut down. But only when with the 285 driver.

18. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:32 Matshock

Bludd wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:28:
Matshock wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 17:21:
OK, disabling DEP got the CP back up and running. Microsoft security software shutting down a MS-certified driver CP; I am outraged OUTRAGED!

...or I should be but dumbass has been the new smart for so long now.
What are your DEP settings? It should only be on for essential Windows programs and services.

If it is on that when DEP complained you could have a corrupt install/donwload or you could even have some malware or a virus.

16. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 17:21 Matshock

OK, disabling DEP got the CP back up and running. Microsoft security software shutting down a MS-certified driver CP; I am outraged OUTRAGED!

...or I should be but dumbass has been the new smart for so long now.

12. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Oct 24, 2011, 15:50 Matshock

Windows DEP (should be called DERP) keeps shutting down NV Control Panel with these drivers- same thing with the 285 betas.

So I can't play BF3 without them, I can't overclock with them. I just switched from AMD to avoid this kind of BS.

Maybe I should go out on a limb and turn off DERP?

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs
12. Re: Modern Warfare 3 PC Details, Minimum Specs Oct 21, 2011, 12:50 Matshock

They can console themselves by swimming in the money bin from MW2 & BO.

I played COD4- MW, enjoyed it. When they jacked up the price and cut dedicated servers for MW2 I bailed. No boycott, nothing personal, I just didn't buy in (still haven't).

I can see why console owners loved MW2 & BO though- they're just the right speed for a game pad.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
46. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 17:05 Matshock

Being a dad has helped my gaming-

I'm more patient.

I don't get too angry.

I'm a better team player.

My rank in BC2 is only 15, I regularly place 2nd or 3rd in matches and swat down rank 50s constantly. It's not about unlocks or skins- it's about driving a Russian RV of Death through a house spewing grenades and gunning down helicopters. It's about opening the throat of that little bitch sniper that's been dogging me. It's about victory and glory, not hours-in and ranks.

I did my time in Tribes, UT Infiltration, CS betas, etc. etc. Now I just get to enjoy playing.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 MP Trailer
36. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Trailer Oct 19, 2011, 14:24 Matshock

I've got a pre-order on this and I'll say it's not ground-breaking.

Aside from 3D sound (which most people don't have the hardware for) and ray-tracing (which almost no one has the hardware for) and sim-like control fidelity (which almost no one wants or has the hardware for)there's just not much more anyone can do right now.

I suppose the next big thing will likely be much better physics/physics based animation. I guess we'll see.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged [Updated]
21. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged Oct 18, 2011, 21:30 Matshock

born2expire wrote on Oct 18, 2011, 20:35:
Who cares? 99% of the reviews will be the console code, and the reviews will be on the single player also. 2 things I couldn't care less about.

I read "...don't expect gun play, only melee combat..." in about half of the Dead Island reviews I surveyed. After playing Dead Island I can tell you they didn't even finish half the game before writing their review.

Then the last 90% Rage review I saw had paid Rage banners on all four sides of the article.

I check various forums- it's at least easier/faster to sort the good info from the troll posts.

Long story short- I bought Dead Island because of the good word of mouth after the last patch and skipped Rage because it's a corridor shooter, YMMV.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged [Updated]
14. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged Oct 18, 2011, 20:00 Matshock

EA is still EA- can't deny that. Who was the two-bit marketing hack that came up with that one?

It will be interesting to see if they actually manage to steal market share from COD's fan base though. They're certainly pulling out all the stops to do so.

330 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo