Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Shane Nyberg

Real Name Shane Nyberg   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Matshock
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 4, 2008, 03:51
Total Comments 330 (Amateur)
User ID 50185

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Jun 7, 2012, 00:29 Matshock

ASeven wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 22:21:
EA doesn't understand shit about price and demand elasticity. Holy fuck, having read that torrent of shit coming from EA I can safely say that interview harmed my intellectual properties.

Yep, like I mentioned in other threads companies like EA think that behaving like a government is the business model of the future. They're stuck in 2008.

Of the three econ classes I took only microeconomics hasn't been discredited since I graduated- good on Valve.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Future Soldier This Month
6. Re: PC Future Soldier This Month Jun 6, 2012, 13:20 Matshock

Did anyone see the 24 minute promo movie? It was actually pretty decent. I was into it until they whipped out the invisibility cloaks- those are a bit far-fetched.

I'll wait for some user reviews...

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer
8. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Trailer Jun 5, 2012, 12:30 Matshock

Cutter wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 08:11:
Yeah, this is going to be good. Bank on it.

Yeah, shut up and take my money Firaxis!

XCOM still needs to wear helmets though- that one dude that got thrown would have survived if he wore a helmet. Dumbass UN.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans
17. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 22:19 Matshock

Joss wrote on Jun 4, 2012, 19:41:
Strange, that's when I clocked out too.

Not strange at all- it's about the time the radar hack was released. I noticed my superior use of cover/concealment suddenly didn't work anymore.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Launches; DLC Plans Jun 4, 2012, 16:51 Matshock

Does it come with a complete suite of download-a-hax? Because that's pretty much the only way to compete on public servers now.

If they actually manage to get back to even remotely clean public gameplay and ban-hammer the sea of cheaters out there I might consider putting more $ into the franchise (this is coming from someone who pre-ordered BF3 and actually enjoyed it for the first two months).

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend
5. Re: Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend May 25, 2012, 15:02 Matshock

Coolone wrote on May 25, 2012, 14:43:
I always feel like I've won the lottery when I blue plate someone.

I smile when I do- but I got Deadeye Badge last time I played so it's not that unusual.

Often times you can get BPS just by firing on hopping targets from an elevated position. On sunstar, I like climb the towers with a brute and lay out a barrage of spinfusors.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Patched
2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 24, 2012, 20:20 Matshock

I'm usually in the top 5 and I don't get killed by plasma more often than other ways since the hotfix after the Raider patch. Confidence placebo?

The hit scan weapons get me more than anything else.

OTOH, I already spent $30.00, my booster is over and I don't play often enough to get the kind of XP needed for new weapons unlocks so how does this help me HiRez? How about a little early adopter love like a booster sale?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer
25. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer May 22, 2012, 11:45 Matshock

Mad Max RW wrote on May 22, 2012, 08:57:
Matshock wrote on May 22, 2012, 01:10:
The first AVP was pretty enjoyable, but ah most of the Monolith engine games were (NOLF 1 & 2 have yet to be even emulated).

The first AvP PC game was by Rebellion using their own technology.

You're right of course- I missed AVP1 I guess. I had mono in 1999 .

AVP2/Monolith was the last game of the franchise I enjoyed in any event.

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer May 22, 2012, 01:19 Matshock

Now that I watched the movie I have to admit they look more like Cameron's Aliens which I consider a good thing.

More like mob brawlers with some good climbing skills than ninja assassins.

In Aliens the marines killed the bugs at a rate of about 10-1, but were outnumbered 200-1 instead of a few bugs being able to kill scores of marines which seemed stupid to me.

10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer May 22, 2012, 01:10 Matshock

Most underwhelming franchise of games ever.

I haven't seen even one of them get the pulse rifle right yet- it's three pulses of three rounds with one hearty recoil- basically doom hammers whatever it's aimed at but it's not a continuous bullet hose.

The first AVP was pretty enjoyable, but ah most of the Monolith engine games were (NOLF 1 & 2 have yet to be even emulated).

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
55. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 14:52 Matshock

Why assume malice when incompetence will do?

IMO Blizzard is doing a quick and dirty expansion on their server farm and not integrating the DB properly as they go- i.e. your Battle.net account access carries over but your D3 data doesn't.

I wouldn't be surprised if missing stuff shows back up in a few days to a week.

Still sucks though- I bet Activision wouldn't let them invest in the expansion until they had cash on hand from D3 sales. Remember sales <> cash- cash doesn't start rolling in until after fulfillment.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed May 19, 2012, 12:24 Matshock

HorrorScope wrote on May 19, 2012, 11:42:
I really don't know if there is more of a shill media then the gaming one. It really can't be more obvious unless in each article they just state. "This is _______ and they comp'd us ________ to bring you a very positive outlook on this game." That's only with the big boys, the smaller houses may get a standard fair shake, but I see it overly critical for them. So it just continues to prove this is a benefits system that is fostered by the big boys to protect them and smear the rest whenever possible.

"Pay-to-win" describes most "journalists" pretty well these days- yes I include FOX, et. all.

BTW the reason the big boys are the big boys is because small, private business people are labeled as "rich" now- they don't have access to the shell game that is the stock market and (in the USA) the 75,000 pages of tax code.

Someone may have a $1mil/year income and spend 90% of it on payroll/PPE but most people can't think beyond "I make 1 MILLION DOLLARS, BWAHAHAHA".

I'd trust a millionaire-proprietor over a VP that pockets a quarter-mill a year for pretending that although 80% of their employees reside in the USA, all of their income comes from a warehouse in southern Ireland.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads
76. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 23:10 Matshock

The extra loadouts do have some tactical value- when someone on the other team launches a shrike I switch over from spinfusors to hit scan weapons then go duck hunting.  

66. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 20:31 Matshock

Preach the controversy!

Been playing a little most days for 28 days now-

Upgrades/Unlocks help- they don't turn crap players into good ones or good ones into gods by any stretch. I'd say they provide a 10-20% edge vs. someone who doesn't have ANYTHING. Then there are couple of ways one could advance enough that they have SOMETHING.

Rank means nothing- folks that watch their flags get grabbed all day every day aren't necessarily good players.

Matchmaking- it would have to be either some really convoluted ratings system or just a rolling averge of say, they last 5 matches played. It's a good idea though.

In the meantime, if you want to win pick Blood Eagle.

34. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 14:30 Matshock

Jerykk wrote on May 16, 2012, 14:28:
Hump wrote on May 16, 2012, 14:23:
1 million downloads. Too bad there isn't more than 100 people playing at peak times.

Hi-Rez has done a remarkable job bringing the game back but I'm starting to suspect that the newer generation of gamers just aren't interested in this kind of game any longer.

Where'd you get that number from? I never have issues finding packed servers, regardless of time of day, so I imagine there are probably more than 100 people playing at any given time.

He trollin'

28. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 13:58 Matshock

Frijoles wrote on May 16, 2012, 13:46:
Matshock wrote on May 16, 2012, 11:25:
Long story short- this game is going to need siege mode if it is to have a longer-term appeal.

Having never played T1 and vague memories of T2, what's siege mode?

If I remember correctly- 2 generators buried deep in a base- first team to shut down both enemy generators at the same time wins.

They could even implement several bases and do a BF Rush-style game...

12. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 12:31 Matshock

That's the problem though- it takes at least 5 people who are good at flag defense AND choose to do it vs. 1 that barely knows how to cap. If both teams actually get enough defense people then things get interesting.

Siege mode is where it's at- it demands coordinated attack/defense in order to win. I remember T2 games that were an hour long until someone managed to coordinate an offense.

3. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 11:26 Matshock

Morgan19 wrote on May 16, 2012, 11:18:
Downloaded, maybe. I'd be curious to know how many of that million are actually playing.

I can still get a full match anytime in the evening out in Western USA.

2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 11:25 Matshock

Last night I tried out being a path/flag capper- it IS as easy as it looks. I don't even have the accelerator pack. It takes a whole crack team of flag defenders and only 1 or 2 competent cappers to win a match. It's getting kind of boring actually.

Long story short- this game is going to need siege mode if it is to have a longer-term appeal.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
104. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:24 Matshock

Undocumented Alien wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:20:
Apparently the server downtime is partly to fix this major bug. Apparently if you traded a shield with the templar companion it would perma-log you from battle.net. Anyways lots of little unforeseen things crop up in a game this big.

Happy NON-customer and proud to NOT support online DRM (from Ubi or Blizz).

An MMO type launch for a simple Dungeon Crawler...

When PvP goes online, folks will be glad characters/gear are stored/validated by Blizzard instead of hacked in by players.

330 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo