Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Deathbishop
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 3, 2008, 17:49
Total Comments 81 (Suspect)
User ID 50169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Collections
1. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Collections Nov 9, 2011, 20:17 Deathbishop

Wow, that's cheaper than GoG.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 17, 2011, 12:39 Deathbishop

This actually happened last year with Bengie Molina (getting a ring with the Giants even though he played for the Rangers in the series) since he was traded midseason.  

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: Yes, you are retarded. Sep 23, 2011, 12:45 Deathbishop

I picked up CoH but is it worth the get the expansions? Thanks in advance.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
61. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:54 Deathbishop

Verno wrote on Aug 10, 2011, 12:50:
I guess blizzard should of put 3 little letters under diablo 3 (MMO) for everyone here to be cool with it.

Or maybe they should have made it an actual MMO instead of just arbitrarily saying the SP game needs internet.

Eh, there are a good number of people who consider diablo 2 a MMO game (I don't think so btw).

News Comments > Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming
58. Re: Quoteworthy - id's Tim Willits on Always-on Gaming Aug 10, 2011, 12:47 Deathbishop

Steam does the exact same thing (always on connection) and millions of people don't have an issue with it. I bet 90% don't even know such a thing like 'use game offline' exists within steam.

This is the way technology is going. Streaming movies/netflix proves this. I guess blizzard should of put 3 little letters under diablo 3 (MMO) for everyone here to be cool with it.

I get that this site is a haven for people to bitch about anything but I'm not seeing the argument with this one, sorry.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition Details
37. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition Details Aug 6, 2011, 09:51 Deathbishop

It's a ripoff because it's not something you're into or collect, but I'm sure there is something that you are into that others would consider a 'ripoff'. For example, I think people who spend hundreds of dollars on Magic the Gathering cards is a ripoff, because I'm not into that and to me they are just 'cards' but others do not see it as that.

If people want to spend money on a plastic figurine or whatever else seems 'ridiculous' to you, who are you to tell them they can't? They know what they are buying, it's not like they are expecting the thing to be made out of gold or something.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition Details
35. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector’s Edition Details Aug 6, 2011, 09:13 Deathbishop

I've never seen a community with more sand up their ass then this one but like you said, it is what it is.

You may not be into statues, but a lot of people are. Most other IP Factory statues go for about $250 but I wouldn't expect people here to know or care about such details. Case in point:

https://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=83

Add in the dvd and book and it's worth the amount it's being charged. If you don't like guess what, you don't have to buy it.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
47. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:44 Deathbishop

So I take it everyone bitching never plays single player Steam games or plays them in offline mode online?

How is this any different?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
20. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 16:12 Deathbishop

Bhruic wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 08:51:
You don't have to start paying $16 with Netflix. They are separating the DVD side and the internet side. Each of them being $8. As long as you only really use one or the other, pick that one, and your cost actually decreases.

That would be great if the two plans were equal in terms of content but they are not. The streaming option doesn't have half the choices that the DVD option does, namely newer releases.

News Comments > Blizzard "Struggling" With Battle.net Marketplace
6. Re: Blizzard Feb 22, 2011, 12:43 Deathbishop

AnointedSword wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 22:55:
Getting out of your comfort zone is a good thing. Looking forward to seeing what they can do with this model.

You can make the argument that they've once before left their comfort zone. It's called World of Warcraft.

News Comments > DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com
30. Re: DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com Nov 18, 2010, 19:48 Deathbishop

They are saying it's a mistake because the game will sell better on Steam (more users) and they won't be able to compete with Steam sales. That's why they can't get into the business of new games.

Not enough people care about non-DRM. Steam proves this every day.

News Comments > WoW Welcomes You Back
35. Re: WoW Welcomes You Back Nov 15, 2010, 19:32 Deathbishop

Verno wrote on Nov 15, 2010, 18:33:
Bad games don't get 12 million players, guys.

Counter-point: Farmville.

Lots of people playing something isn't necessarily connected to how "good" something is, whatever that means anyways.

The word 'good' is a subjective term. Everyone has their own opinion of what 'good' means.

In this instance, 12 million people have a different definition of what 'good' is than you. I guess that puts you in the minority.

News Comments > GOG.com Tease
8. Re: GOG.com Tease Sep 21, 2010, 13:01 Deathbishop

Golwar wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 12:57:
I smelled the stunt right away and thus wasn't pissed. But hey, let them share Planescape Torment for free and everyone else will be more than happy again.

The fact of the matter is if Steam had pulled the exact same stunt and shut down for 3-4 days, the amount of bitching and bad press would be epic.

To me it's in poor taste, but everyone roots for the little guy so they can't do no wrong.

News Comments > HEAT Online Beta Next Week
4. Re: HEAT Online Beta Next Week Aug 10, 2010, 13:49 Deathbishop

|RaptoR| wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 12:25:
My first thought was they were bringing back the HEAT.NET gaming service. Aside from the lack of serious competition in Quake/Quake 2, it was a blast. Plus, I got copies of Battlezone, Battlezone 2, and Dark Reign from redeeming points earned kicking ass on Q2DM1

Reminds me of an old magazine ad for HEAT.net.

Picture a close up photo of a middle aged couple

Yesterday, Sam met Doris playing HEAT

This isn't Doris

Are you in HEAT?

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2010, 14:38 Deathbishop

Yea, it's not a great rule but from a regulatory point of view it's the only fair way that a utility can recoup the money. There have been tons of complaints from consumers who try to fight it (most have the argument that they were unaware their usage was very low, which is really a bad argument) but I've never seen an instance where the consumer won. Each state has their own interpretation of the rule but the basic premise is a utility has the right to collect 'undercharges'. Depending on the circumstances, it could be for the entire period of the undercharge or a set amount of days.

It works the other way too. The consumer has the right to collect from being 'overcharged' if it's proven (for example a faulty meter).

If Blue can prove that they notified the utility early on and still nothing was done, they may be able to only be liable up to that point.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2010, 12:42 Deathbishop

As far as your gas bill, you will be required to back pay for the months you're usage registered 0. What most state utility rules allow is for the utility to average out the previous 12 months before the error and bill you that amount times how ever many months you were at 0.

Take it from someone who works for a state utility regulatory agency.

News Comments > GoG vs Goliath
22. Re: GoG vs Goliath Jul 1, 2010, 18:20 Deathbishop

So what I'm getting is the only people who buy GoG are those who are anti-Steam?

Welcome to the minority I guess.

News Comments > GoG vs Goliath
11. Re: GoG vs Goliath Jul 1, 2010, 12:59 Deathbishop

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 11:40:
Zadig wrote on Jul 1, 2010, 11:21:
They need a bigger catalog of games, or better prices, to compete coexist with Steam. Charging more for abandonware than Steam charges for modern games isn't going to work in the long run.

How much cheaper do you want them to get?

I think you dismissing their catalog as "abandon-ware" shows you are not really their target audience. They have a ton of classics on there already and will surely get more.

The point though is there are also more than a few titles that are not worth 2 bucks, let alone 10 bucks that they charge for some stuff. Also, if you don't care that much about Steam's DRM (most don't) and you see the XCOM pack for 2 bucks, how does GoG compete with that?

They don't really compete with Steam because Steam doesn't carry all the titles that GoG carries. The ones that Steam does carry I'm sure it's not even close how much gets bought on steam vs gog. It's a niche service that's good at what it provides.

News Comments > StarCraft II Regions Divided
18. Re: StarCraft II Regions Divided May 27, 2010, 13:29 Deathbishop

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 27, 2010, 13:09:
nin wrote on May 27, 2010, 13:00:
Wow you paid $60 for Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 1?

That was the MSRP. Same as SC2.

http://i46.tinypic.com/raxog7.jpg

edit:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010204015800/www.blizzard.com/press/000717.shtml

http://www.bluesnews.com/a/383/warcraft-iii-reign-of-chaos-now-available

How disgusting. You should boycott this game at full price now because of Blizzard's apparent long history of greed, and wait for a sale price.

Here's hoping the Amazon/Gogamer sales start around the same time those battle.net alternatives become available for SC2.

EDIT: And expansions for SC1/War3 were of course in the range of 29.99 or so, definitely not 59.99... yes yes the SC2 campaigns will be much longer, hooray. Is it just me or is the campaign portion of any RTS, aside from Homeworld, the always the worst part of the game?

ps. Nostalgia for old school Command and Conquer cheesy live action video sequences in the campaigns doesn't count!

I love it when someone's argument (yours) gets absolutely destroyed and there is no comeback.

News Comments > WoW, That's an Expensive Horse
127. Re: WoW, That's an Expensive Horse Apr 17, 2010, 09:00 Deathbishop

How about a more similar comparison. Lets say, a mount in Runes of Magic. The most expensive one cost the equivalent of $13. But, that mount is not available for all characters (bind on account) and that mount doesn't scale with your characters riding skill. Plus it doesn't even look as good as the Blizzard mount.

After that comparison, you get closer to $25 than you think. Value is how you perceive it. You don't play WoW, so you can't possibly perceive the value of something in a game you have no experience in.

How much do you think a heirloom item would be? Or a T10 item? Are these terms foreign to you? Of course they are.

81 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo