Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Deathbishop
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 3, 2008, 17:49
Total Comments 81 (Suspect)
User ID 50169

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2013, 08:28 Deathbishop

Breaking Bad is alright, but I don't see how it's even in the same ballpark as Sopranos as one of the great alltime drama series. A lot of this has to do with the fact that (in my opinion) you just get a better quality of show on a channel like HBO than anything that 'regular' cable can dish out. As violent as Walking dead is, that show would be a hundred times better on HBO without the 'restrictions'.

Boardwalk Empire is another really good one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2013, 13:53 Deathbishop

After jumping in the Kindle bandwagon and getting a paperwhite, i'm floored how people still read actual books anymore. No worn pages, no torn covers, delivered instantly, etc.  

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
71. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 19:46 Deathbishop

The zombie analogy was spot on. LucasArts has been dead in every which way for a long time, this just closed the coffin lid. Hopefully they can license out the games and something decent will come along. End of an era, but sadly one that was probably forseen for quite some time.  

News Comments > On SimCity Offline Regional Play
14. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 16, 2013, 21:43 Deathbishop

PHJF wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 20:14:
I'm a little surprised the backlash has been what it is.

Because it didn't work. If the game had launched without a hitch there would be no more than the usual vocal minority condemning EA for their (now standard) contemptible business practices.

100% agree. The outcry has nothing to do with DRM on it's own, it's the fact that the game is broken in multiple ways. Naturally the scapegoat is going to be DRM but the reality is in the code, not DRM. I'm pretty sure if the game is working as intended a majority of gamers would give a damn that it was online only.

Anti-EA (DRM) people don't want to hear that because it weakens their argument that the game doesn't work because of DRM. But I think the reality says otherwise. The offline story is noise in my opinion, because at the end of the day if the game still has the same core issues (ai, pathing, etc), then it doesn't matter whether it's online or off, most wont play it anyway.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2013, 14:24 Deathbishop

Once again, another week where it's proven that it's Bethesda's (Skyrim) world, we're just living in it.

Are we now in the 'one of the greatest of all Time RPG' discussion now (if it wasn't already)? On the same level (historically) as BGII and PlanetScape Torment?

News Comments > Smell-O-Vision
24. Re: Smell-O-Vision Jan 9, 2013, 13:00 Deathbishop

If anyone has read 'Ready: Player One', there is something like this in that story. Basically an immersion device that simulates smells depending on the enviroment that you are in (like a sewer in a FPS would give off the smell of urine).

Not sure how many would pay for something like this though.

News Comments > GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues
32. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 16:28 Deathbishop

Quinn wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 16:10:
I am really really HOPING for a Sleeping Dogs sale before its over. I was oblivious enough to as late as today check the demo. I enjoyed it allot and it's one of those games that shows off its glory on a new rig.

If anyone knows a place where the digital version drops below 25,- / $30,- please let me know here or PM me! Thanks in advance!

You missed it last week. Steam had it for 16.99. (i picked it up).

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
4. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 20, 2012, 13:37 Deathbishop

Is there a gift group as there was last year?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2012, 15:38 Deathbishop

Crystal Skull has been on cable (TBS, Spike, maybe AMC) for awhile now, at least the past year if not longer.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
17. Re: etc., etc. Oct 12, 2012, 10:10 Deathbishop

This is one of those stories where everyone knows it's probably going on, there's just not hard proof of it. PCGamer started being shady with their reviews a long time ago, going back to the 90's. Even their article decisions have been biased for some time (Stevie Case as a 'Game God' lol). It's because of these things that PC Gamer stopped being relevant a long time ago.  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
66. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 17:32 Deathbishop

The story has already been updated to reflect sales of 4.5 million if you account for digital sales. I wouldn't use the word 'disappointing'. Ask any other MMO developer (or any game for that matter) for 4.5 million sales, I think they'll take it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 17, 2012, 12:42 Deathbishop

Not sure why he should get a call, not only did he not break any rule, but it's not like something like that hasn't been done in the past when a team is in the victory formation. On top of that, it was pretty obviously that's what Tampa was doing when they lined up for the snap. It be more bush league if they pretended that they were just going to kneel and then rush the line.  

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
9. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 18:26 Deathbishop

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 16:27:
The game is way over-priced on PC for how bad of a port it is. I also question the rationale of a company that would release a game that could only be profitable with 2 million units sold.

Is it a worse port than the original because there were some complaints about that and I didn't see it. The fact that the game is better with a controller should not = bad port, some games are just better with a controller than a keyboard.

Darksiders 1 was very good but even though I'm a PC gamer, I grew up on NES and SNES and I like the Zelda-esk type of gameplay.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 15, 2012, 15:59 Deathbishop

The damage so far:

Grimrock
Lara Croft: GoL
Renegade Ops
Batman: AC

I'll be picking up Saints Row before it expires tomorrow. Flash sales will be the death of me yet.

News Comments > Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Trailer
1. Re: Game of Thrones: Seven Kingdoms Trailer Jul 12, 2012, 20:50 Deathbishop

That looks like a poor man's Oblivion.  

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
17. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 3, 2012, 13:04 Deathbishop

I don't really think FP is needed or relevant anymore. FP was launched at a time when there really wasn't a whole lot of places on the internet where you could find demos or mods but there are now numerous sites dedicated to their respective games which offer these things, plus centralized sites for mods like moddb. Steam is also one that probably put the nail in the coffin, as you can get demos off their as well.  

News Comments > Botanicula Debuts in Humble Bundle; GOG.com Preorder Makeup
6. Re: Botanicula Debuts in Humble Bundle; GOG.com Preorder Makeup Apr 20, 2012, 18:54 Deathbishop

These are the kind of issues that GoG is going to run into now that they've moved to new releases, especially indie games. Even this event aside, they are always going to be outsold by Steam or Humble Bundle who can sell it less than they can.

If this game is available on humble bundle or Gog for 9.99, I see no point whatsoever to get it on GOG outside of just wanting to support GOG.

News Comments > Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic
22. Re: Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic Mar 20, 2012, 12:45 Deathbishop

They may have lost subs, but they are still retaining a huge chunk of them also.

I don't think anyone is having trouble putting food on the table.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2012, 19:20 Deathbishop

The article was funny but there is truth in it. I didn't buy anything with the purpose of trying to get an achievement (in fact, two I bought that had achievements, SPAZ and Dungeon Defenders, i haven't even played yet), but I did subject myself to games I wouldn't have bothered with otherwise (rusty hearts, crimecraft) to get the achievements. After awhile I figured out I was more than likely not going to get anything of value.

Where the guy in the article went wrong was he should of saved his coal instead of crafted and then traded them for something. Coal, especially in the first week of the sale, had a decent trade value and people were getting stuff like Risen for 12-14 coal, which the OP could have got with patience and time on the Steam Forums (or even Reddit). That's what I did and wound up with Amnesia and Sequence via trades.

It does suck that so many tried to game the system though. I guess some of that was out of Valve's control, since they couldn't have anticipated that humble bundle would be gamed to get steam keys and thus, extra accounts. Perhaps next time keep the contests limited to only those with a steam purchase in their libarary.

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2011, 17:34 Deathbishop

Well, 24 achievements later, wound up with Amnesia and Sequence (via trades), 1 coal and a load of coupons (including no less than 4 valve coupons). Hoped for better, but I'll take what I can get. Actually didn't spend as much as I though I would through the sale.

Wondering if Renegade Ops will go on sale tomorrow as that's the one that probably got away that I should have gotten

81 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo