Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2009 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > More on WoW Changes
5. Re: More on WoW Changes Nov 13, 2011, 08:40 Wallshadows

They really need to hire someone who knows a little math and knows wtf they're doing so they don't feel the need to keep changing the entire system every fucking xpac.

Bingo.

I guarantee the new talent system will make balance much worse, especially between PvE and PvP.

They don't even have an answer for Rogues and why a group should bring them to a raid when a Feral Druid can do just as much DPS but will have their support role buffed which will likely be the same for the Monk. Tricks is nearly useless now with the threat buff and their spec raid buff is transferable to other classes/pets so why bring a Rogue if a Feral Druid can DPS, spot heal, and battle res?

I don't know and neither does Blizzard at this point...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Nov 12, 2011, 16:02 Wallshadows

It'd be nice if they patched the game... Its only been three weeks.

They'll get around to it in 2014.

News Comments > More on WoW Changes
2. Re: More on WoW Changes Nov 12, 2011, 15:43 Wallshadows

I often wonder how long it would have taken them to actually balance each class and spec without having to revamp the system with each new expansion and the logic they have between a shared PvE and PvP talent tree continues to puzzle me...

They're still double-dipping each talent tree with PvE and PvP so they'll end up in the same boat once nerfs and buffs are made or entirely ignored for one end of the spectrum or the other. They keep talking about balance yet the biggest issue which affects balance is staring them right in the face for all these years.

Have you seen the Druid talents? Yeah, any chance some of those talents actually make it to live without being changed will be hotfixed out of the game quicker than the 3.0.1 Ret Paladin buffs and the cycle will simply repeat.

On the healing front, I simply believe they have no clue what they are doing. First, they were totally okay with making new healers have a difficult time being efficient with the new healing model at the start of Cata but now they feel it's too hard and that we're in the same position we were in in WotLK in terms of raid-level healing (spamming spells with lots of mana).

Their solution? Lets do it again and see how that goes...

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2011, 15:58.

News Comments > 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online
3. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 16:54 Wallshadows

I'll be more impressed with how many of those users they actually retain after a while or if it completely bombs after the first month.  

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
15. Re: GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM" Nov 11, 2011, 16:52 Wallshadows

So, someone speaks out against DRM which is usually the bane of existence and instead of agreeing with the guy, most are more concerned about the financial impact it will have on that service?

Can't catch a break on here for anything I guess...

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
8. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 6, 2011, 18:00 Wallshadows

The Green Bastard's game of choice.  

News Comments > Gatherings And Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings And Competitions Nov 6, 2011, 11:12 Wallshadows

Hey guyz, we won't include MW3 because we want to look sophisticated and be taken srsly.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2011, 11:41.

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes
3. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes Nov 5, 2011, 20:56 Wallshadows

Yeah, Illidan is definitely the exception to this rule especially with how much influence he has outside of WoW. It was nice to see Maive involved, and the huge quest line to get attuned to BT (before the nerfs) provided a nice amount of material. I do wish they had him more involved though, rather the stuffed away to one zone but not to the same degree as the Lich King. The fight itself was great too and I always get this rush of energy when he says "You are not prepared!" even now.

It's especially pleasing to know that Blizzard would like to create a redemption story for him since his character definitely deserves it. If so, I would guess that they have this planned out for the expansion after MoP which (I hope) returns to the Burning Legion since there is still a lot to be dealt with and will likely provide a new Demon Hunter class which everyone has been screaming for since TBC.

Speculation, of course, but I can totally see that happening especially with how they have discussed a revamp of Outland.

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes
1. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes Nov 5, 2011, 16:56 Wallshadows

Madness of Deathwing is a horrible boss fight on its own and the fact that it's the character who inspired this expansion only makes it more disappointing.

Unless something crazy happens like H Ragnaros, where he lifts out of his pool and walks around and whatnot, it's looking to be the most disappointing fight in a long, long time. Seriously, a tentacle and claw fight followed by a DPS race on the head then it goes poof. If that's all there is to it in the live release, mechanic wise, I will be amazed at the lack of effort.

Blizzard has a really hard time to properly kill major characters it seems. Either they let them fade in to obscurity with no reason given and we assume they are dead -or- it feels like they rush it and forget the lore tied in with their character and just treat it like a regular boss with a short cinematic.

News Comments > PC Call of Duty Elite Free, Delayed
3. Re: PC Call of Duty Elite Free, Delayed Nov 4, 2011, 12:00 Wallshadows

Reagle, you forgot your /s tag.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 3, 2011, 21:08 Wallshadows

The Spike awards for movies and video games are some of the biggest shams in either industry. While I am all for giving video game a more mainstream appeal and to showcase a horror-themed awards show, both ceremonies are such a farce.

I was somewhat inclined to watch the Scream Awards until I noticed they included films such as Harry fuckin Potter. Yeah, real disturbing shit right there which should totally be brought up in the same breath as The Walking Dead.

Spike in general is a fairly lack luster channel plagued with often terrible marathon episodes of CSI, Pros vs Joes, or 1000 Ways to Die with a little original programing thrown in between. Now that they lost UFC, it's likely hurting that much more...

This comment was edited on Nov 3, 2011, 21:17.

News Comments > Gamer Food
13. Re: Gamer Food Nov 2, 2011, 16:15 Wallshadows

Anyone remember a drink called Orbitz which had little floating spheres in it?

Why can't that come back instead...

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes
3. Re: More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes Nov 2, 2011, 16:08 Wallshadows

The only boss which really made me want to pull out all my hair was the Typhoon chick. That fight is hell to pay without the Typhoon aug and resulted in a whole lot of attemps using a lot of weapon combinations before she glitched and got stuck in a wall.

However, playing it again with the Typhoon aug made it exceptionally easy.

It's not so much the fact that there are unescapable boss fights with only one course of action, but that certain fights can be offset almost entirely with the correct augmentations. Not knowing this, I didn't pick up the Typhoon because it did not suite my style of play on my first time through, but knowing it the second time, I made it a point to pick up.

It's almost like saving the grenade launcher for the boss in the muscle tissue manikins room, just seems so unfair and pointless to even have a boss when you can do them without breaking a sweat. Then again, no bosses would have just been the best choice.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Name Reservations
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Name Reservations Oct 31, 2011, 17:35 Wallshadows

Ruh roh  

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Oct 29, 2011, 10:29 Wallshadows

Even with all the fancy lighting tech and pin-sharp sound capabilities of modern consoles, no-one has managed to capture the brutal, foreboding essence of Aliens

The problem is pretty obvious to me...

News Comments > Diablo II Patched
1. Re: Diablo II Patched Oct 28, 2011, 23:24 Wallshadows

My account must have been unused for a long time because it's no longer active and makes me sad face.  

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
52. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 14:10 Wallshadows

Probably not. So why is this different? Because you're not personally affected?

Maybe if Mike Morhaime came out and said it it would raise an issue with his position within Blizzard and whatnot...

...but coming from George Fisher, I'm not shocked at all by what he said or will ever say which may be attributed through desensitization brought on by his career in music and personality.

It's funny because on his wiki page, the only controversy listed is this incident at Blizzcon.

46. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 13:44 Wallshadows

He said Alliance were fags and that they should die. One could interpret that as incitement of violence against gays. Calling them fags is one thing, but calling them fags AND saying they should die is another.

No, you're looking too far in to it. The entire reason it was done was to incite Horde faction pride which usually involves Horde ripping in to the Alliance since Alliance has poor representation within L90ETC. With George Fishier in the mix, no one should really be shocked with what comes out of his mouth.

Realize that the Horde has some serious fans which can border on crazy. Some get tattoos, make ugly car decals, create songs or machinima, wear T shirts, and scream Lok'tar Ogar in real life whereas the Alliance are usually singled out whenever possible.

This should simply be taken as one of those example of Horde pride which deviates from what we typically see. The only difference is is that this was done by Blizzard at Blizzcon as opposed to some kid with a garage band posting the video to youtube.

36. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 13:17 Wallshadows

They should just rename the band the Hannah Montana Experience now because that's where this is heading for next year.  

News Comments > XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter
7. Re: XIII Follow-up Not a Shooter Oct 26, 2011, 14:02 Wallshadows

Lol what the fuck.  

2009 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo