Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2106 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Quoteworthy: AC3 Dev on "Cancerous" AAA Games Growth
7. Re: Quoteworthy: AC3 Dev on Mar 9, 2012, 18:43 Wallshadows

Making anything new or innovative usually gets ignored by the masses and quickly sinks in to the bargain bin like Psychonauts. The adventure genre was usually on the ropes for a while even with titles like Escape from Monkey Island and The Longest Journey but now it just seems to instantly guarantee a title will flop regardless of how good it is.

If it doesn't have explosions or sword fights every two seconds, most will simply shrug it off but you give them a shitty CoD knockoff like Homefront and it still sells a million copies so there really is no reason to wander off the beaten path and take chances when you can just make the customers dance like seals while they hold a fish in the air.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Cataclysm Postmortem
16. Re: World of Warcraft Cataclysm Postmortem Mar 8, 2012, 16:56 Wallshadows

They always like to compare current raids to places like Molten Core. Well, it's been like 7 years since that shit was fresh and if you're slower at cranking out content than ever before, a light bulb should go off to find a solution to address this rather than write down how much they would like to do it. They've been doing that for years now, always quick to pull the resource card as a cock block method to deflect issues. It's not even quality content either in some cases (especially in Cata)! Rehashed ZA and ZG got stale quickly while you're still stuck with shitty old world models.

But hey! Blizzard would rather spend a fuckton of cash developing this pet battle system in the next expansion than update the models which they've been saying the same shit about for years of 'we'd love to....but we don't have the resources...!'.

I'm pretty sure it's the blind leading the blind at this point and they're all salivating over Greg Street's ass. He's going totally George Lucas.

This comment was edited on Mar 8, 2012, 17:02.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 7, 2012, 16:42 Wallshadows

Yeah, crazy weather out in the Maritimes too and we'll likely hit 15 tomorrow.

I kind of hate how winter is turning in to a prolonged fall/spring in this area. I love the snow but mother nature has been quite stingy with storms. When it does snow, it just rains like two hours later and turns the ground in to a gross shade of squishy brown and green.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailers
9. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailers Mar 7, 2012, 16:36 Wallshadows

A crazy huge map is fine and all but I hope the actual draw distance to spot enemies is increased in the final product.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2012, 22:55 Wallshadows

The Mayans never accounted for leap years and if we were to remove all the leap years since Caesar created them, our date today would be somewhere in 2013 and the world should have ended several months ago.

Oops.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2012, 17:21 Wallshadows

To put things in to perspective the Barringer Crater in Arizona was created by an object 50 meters in size and is one kilometer wide and 750 feet deep.

The explosion was equal to about 2 1/2 million tons of TNT or ~150 Hiroshima nukes.

News Comments > New Haptic Controller Prototype
2. Re: New Haptic Controller Prototype Mar 5, 2012, 15:53 Wallshadows

This will be bundled with the Phantom.  

News Comments > "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears
8. Re: "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears Feb 29, 2012, 23:16 Wallshadows

Hell if I know how it would work.  

News Comments > "Major" Assassin's Creed Announcement Nears
5. Re: Feb 29, 2012, 21:54 Wallshadows

Apparently the rumor is that the main character will be a Native American during the American Revolution.

Whether this corresponds with that, who knows.

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
9. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 14:56 Wallshadows

Reminds me of this video which was fueled by the layoff rumors in November of 2011.

Although with the looming release of Diablo 3, I'm also inclined to believe it's just following the natural cycle of game development to dump either redundant staffing or staff which no longer apply to the project.

Optional nickname wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 14:30:
I am still not confident, that "the exciting news in the coming weeks re: D3's release date" will be about 'released' this year. I won't be surprised if its next Spring 2013.

I would be willing to wait another month or two for them to integrate the online chat/social design from Diablo 2 in to Diablo 3 because the one they have now is atrocious.

This comment was edited on Feb 29, 2012, 15:05.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2012, 12:43 Wallshadows

It's pretty funny that there is a Google hit when you type in 'my computer connects to the embassy of the russian federation in japan'.

Well, time to line my house with tinfoil and bury those ICBM warheads I found in the back yard.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 29, 2012, 12:20 Wallshadows

So I decided to install PeerBlock and, of all things, it blocked a brief communication effort between my computer and the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Japan.

Weird.

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator Updated
9. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Updated Feb 27, 2012, 13:49 Wallshadows

Diablo 3 is a lot more forgiving than previous Diablo titles when it comes to character build. Before, you were essentially locked in to the choices you made which would typically snowball in to something much worse as you gained levels for both PvP and PvE whereas with D3, you can pretty much swap your skills and runes on the fly based on the type of fight and you no longer have to deal with assigning stat points.

I think this will provide a different type of atmosphere when it comes to the later stages of Hell and Inferno because you can still have the min/maxer but you can also have others provide either a support roll or adjust skills to compliment the group. You can be a team player by being the Monk who heals, a Witch Doctor who throws down an AOE slow ability, or simply chain-stun an elite mob with a Demon Hunter.

I was actually taken back when I noticed you no longer assigned stats and didn't know what to make of it at first. After a while though, you really don't even think about it.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 26, 2012, 18:04 Wallshadows

Here's a $10 gift card for your next Samsung product.

Thanks.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Crafting Preview
3. Re: Guild Wars 2 Crafting Preview Feb 26, 2012, 18:02 Wallshadows

Deep and MMO are like oil and water nowadays. There likely won't ever be a system found in EQ2 now that WoW has pretty much created a new standard for holding the players' hand.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll call you an elitist prick is pretty much how it breaks down when you guide them to a resource site.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
6. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 26, 2012, 16:45 Wallshadows

You'll enjoy this one then; Possibly NSFW, but it's the weekend, what are you doing at work still?

This is a great example of 'I bet your tits look awesome but once I seen them they would look even more awesome if I never saw them in the first place.'

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 2012, 16:51.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans
7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patch Plans Feb 26, 2012, 11:40 Wallshadows

I haven't logged in in a few days now and suffered from a certain degree of burn out. All my friends who started with me on day one slowly dropped out in the weeks ahead which forced me to join another guild to simply not be bored to tears with no one else to talk with. I squeaked out two 50s and a 45 which brought me to Legacy Level 22 but, for now, my attention is elsewhere.

Even so, it still provided good bang for my buck since I likely poured a couple hundred hours in to it and the potential is there to spend many more once they iron out the end game content and such.

It'll be a tough sell though after Guild Wars 2 comes out as well as Diablo 3 but they've been hard at work with another four or five content updates in the pipe so I won't count them out.

News Comments > Diablo III Skills Unveiled
4. Re: Diablo III Skills Unveiled Feb 25, 2012, 21:38 Wallshadows

I'm not sure how I feel about the skill structure as well as the fact that your stats are auto-assigned. There are no restrictions on the armor and weapons either with the exception of class-based items but even so, the armor will automatically switch to reflect the type of armors they can wear; female Witch Doctor is tribal > female Demon Hunter is a whore.

I hope they are able to make the end game item hunt just as fun as it was in Diablo 2 by min/maxing other stats to compensate for no + skill items.

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May
13. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 25, 2012, 20:02 Wallshadows

What's wrong with the co-op play?

I really didn't like the way it was built around the single player campaign. I greatly preferred the system designed around RE2 where each character followed their own story rather than what we got out of RE4, 5 and even Zero. I don't feel vulnerable as a player when I am packing heat with tree trunk forearms and a locked'n'loaded side kick either.

On top of that, the quick time events really suck but that's more of a general issue in gaming.

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May
3. Re: PC Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City in May Feb 24, 2012, 21:44 Wallshadows

I meant more in the grand scheme of things where it seems they are taking off with this new Plagas series which throws Zombies and survival-horror out the window. I agree that they were fun games (except the single player co-op designs), but it never felt like Resident Evil; they could have swapped out the name of the characters and called it Parasite or something and it would have been just as good.

To me, it's unfortunate to think it's refreshing to have a RE game which includes zombies whereas if this was ten or 12 years ago it would be madness to think of a RE game without them.

This will definitely be a day one purchase even if it totally bombs.

2106 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo