Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2021 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 10, 2011, 01:47 Wallshadows

I'll just wait for the HD release on the D3 website or on Youtube...  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AVault for Sale
25. Re: AVault for Sale Dec 6, 2011, 14:25 Wallshadows

Hard to believe that it's almost been 6 years since Billy Wicked Wilson died.

Wow, it has really been that long? VE was usually where I went for my news. Quote of the day, interesting humor, great crowd and then all the sudden they sold out to IGN and I've never been back.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050316045914/http://ve3d.ign.com/ has the original article posted by Apache in regards to the death of Billy Wilson towards the bottom. Feels like I just read it yesterday.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
26. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 18:35 Wallshadows

And Steam is certainly not cheaper (Steam prices are a rip-off compared to retail in most cases and compared to "free", well, there is no comparison... free is free which is as cheap as it gets), nor is it easier than piracy. I don't know what piracy you guys are talking about but I'm talking about the download cracked image and mount via DT kind of piracy which takes less than a handful of mouse clicks and is so easily done you could train a monkey to do it. On the other hand: Try training a monkey to enter account credentials or credit card details. Good luck with that.

You're drinking out of the wrong Kool-aid cup again.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
5. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 13:31 Wallshadows

This guy is a dick and I won't hand over any kind of money where even a fraction of a portion will end up in his pocket.

Good job.

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
4. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 13:26 Wallshadows

If someone would have told me this, like, ten years ago that there would be no PC version of R6, I would have laughed at them and punch them in the face with a rabid badger.

This won't go over well, but they'll do it anyway.

Then again, after seeing what they have been doing to it over the past several years, I guess the next step to water it down further is to make it console-only.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 24, 2011, 13:16 Wallshadows

Holy nostalgia list.

I remember when me and my friend would rent an N64 system each weekend to play Star Fox, Mario, and Goldeneye when we were still in elementary school. I used to bring my PSone over but it would usually result in us going back to one of those three titles for hours on end especially once he got one for Christmas and when Perfect Dark/Conquer came out later on.

The PSone was mostly there for my RE/FF fix.

Now we're both old, he's getting married, and I have three college degrees under my belt.

Fuckin' time. It should have just slowed down.

News Comments > WoW: Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator
7. Re: WoW: Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator Nov 23, 2011, 15:28 Wallshadows

I keep saying this but I have no idea how they think this will provide more customization to the players when we have six choices. Now, while the individual talents will likely change, you'll still see the the same cookie cutter specs which either favor dps in pve and survivability in pvp.

Keeping both in the same tree as they have been since the dawn of time will always create a fundamental balance issues where you pick one over the other which applies to your play style. As the talents stand, some can be used both ways, such as the Druid talent which can buff your healing as feral but for the most part, it seems like there is very little gray zone beyond what I play.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears
5. Re: World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears Nov 19, 2011, 10:04 Wallshadows

They've always provided players who log in with a feat of strength though, or at least they have for the past few years. They even gave out a pet once, the Baby Blizzard Bear.

7% experience boost is pretty 'meh' though even for players without heirloom gear...

News Comments > Rebellion Plans to Make Better Games
5. Re: Rebellion Plans to Make Better Games Nov 18, 2011, 12:58 Wallshadows

They screwed the pooch with what they did to their remake/reboot/whatever of AvP. While not the worst game I've ever played, I simply no longer have any faith left in their company and will steer clear of any future products.

The fact that they realize the issue now after multiple titles bombed does not give them a free pass to say they'll do better and expect me to hand over my cash. That's ridiculous.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2011, 13:12.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
14. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Nov 17, 2011, 19:37 Wallshadows

"You may not watch this video at this time."

Fuck you for being off, numlock.

News Comments > Final Fantasy Action/RPG?
6. Re: Final Fantasy Action/RPG? Nov 16, 2011, 18:13 Wallshadows

I would much rather see another Tactics title but what the hell do I know...  

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
7. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 22:04 Wallshadows

Flashlights are the new walkie talkies.  

News Comments > More on WoW Changes
5. Re: More on WoW Changes Nov 13, 2011, 08:40 Wallshadows

They really need to hire someone who knows a little math and knows wtf they're doing so they don't feel the need to keep changing the entire system every fucking xpac.

Bingo.

I guarantee the new talent system will make balance much worse, especially between PvE and PvP.

They don't even have an answer for Rogues and why a group should bring them to a raid when a Feral Druid can do just as much DPS but will have their support role buffed which will likely be the same for the Monk. Tricks is nearly useless now with the threat buff and their spec raid buff is transferable to other classes/pets so why bring a Rogue if a Feral Druid can DPS, spot heal, and battle res?

I don't know and neither does Blizzard at this point...

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Nov 12, 2011, 16:02 Wallshadows

It'd be nice if they patched the game... Its only been three weeks.

They'll get around to it in 2014.

News Comments > More on WoW Changes
2. Re: More on WoW Changes Nov 12, 2011, 15:43 Wallshadows

I often wonder how long it would have taken them to actually balance each class and spec without having to revamp the system with each new expansion and the logic they have between a shared PvE and PvP talent tree continues to puzzle me...

They're still double-dipping each talent tree with PvE and PvP so they'll end up in the same boat once nerfs and buffs are made or entirely ignored for one end of the spectrum or the other. They keep talking about balance yet the biggest issue which affects balance is staring them right in the face for all these years.

Have you seen the Druid talents? Yeah, any chance some of those talents actually make it to live without being changed will be hotfixed out of the game quicker than the 3.0.1 Ret Paladin buffs and the cycle will simply repeat.

On the healing front, I simply believe they have no clue what they are doing. First, they were totally okay with making new healers have a difficult time being efficient with the new healing model at the start of Cata but now they feel it's too hard and that we're in the same position we were in in WotLK in terms of raid-level healing (spamming spells with lots of mana).

Their solution? Lets do it again and see how that goes...

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2011, 15:58.

News Comments > 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online
3. Re: 1M Try F2P DC Universe Online Nov 11, 2011, 16:54 Wallshadows

I'll be more impressed with how many of those users they actually retain after a while or if it completely bombs after the first month.  

News Comments > GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM"
15. Re: GOG.com: "Your customers hate DRM" Nov 11, 2011, 16:52 Wallshadows

So, someone speaks out against DRM which is usually the bane of existence and instead of agreeing with the guy, most are more concerned about the financial impact it will have on that service?

Can't catch a break on here for anything I guess...

News Comments > Free Game: Stealth Bastard
8. Re: Free Game: Stealth Bastard Nov 6, 2011, 18:00 Wallshadows

The Green Bastard's game of choice.  

News Comments > Gatherings And Competitions
7. Re: Gatherings And Competitions Nov 6, 2011, 11:12 Wallshadows

Hey guyz, we won't include MW3 because we want to look sophisticated and be taken srsly.

This comment was edited on Nov 6, 2011, 11:41.

News Comments > World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes
3. Re: World of Warcraft PTR Patch Notes Nov 5, 2011, 20:56 Wallshadows

Yeah, Illidan is definitely the exception to this rule especially with how much influence he has outside of WoW. It was nice to see Maive involved, and the huge quest line to get attuned to BT (before the nerfs) provided a nice amount of material. I do wish they had him more involved though, rather the stuffed away to one zone but not to the same degree as the Lich King. The fight itself was great too and I always get this rush of energy when he says "You are not prepared!" even now.

It's especially pleasing to know that Blizzard would like to create a redemption story for him since his character definitely deserves it. If so, I would guess that they have this planned out for the expansion after MoP which (I hope) returns to the Burning Legion since there is still a lot to be dealt with and will likely provide a new Demon Hunter class which everyone has been screaming for since TBC.

Speculation, of course, but I can totally see that happening especially with how they have discussed a revamp of Outland.

2021 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo