Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2150 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
6. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 24, 2012, 22:21 Wallshadows

I'm a little disappointed that the Barbarian is pretty much treated as -the- tanking class of Inferno. Sure, you can go DPS but that DPS is pretty much using a goof ball combination of reverse Ancient Spear and Weapons Throw while trying to kite elites in Act 2 and beyond. Half the skillsets and weapons are useless for the most part because of this.

Hell, even sitting at 50k hp, 10k armor, 12k dps, and ~500+ resistances across the board, an elite Dune Dervish can pretty much eat me alive in my tank spec and if I try to skirt around it and time my CDs to gradually burn them down, guess what, they're now enraged and you die from an aoe aura. Sometimes, if you're lucky, their health won't regen to full so you can keep throwing yourself at them till they die but that's rarely the case.

The only reason Inferno is as hard as it is on Barbarians is because of drastically inflated scaling and the class itself. Act 1 is a piece of cake but as soon as you enter Act 2, well, Sand Wasps will make it very clear how the rest of the Act will pan out...

As for the RMAH, well, I would much rather they change the way the gold AH is now because some jackass thought only posting 10 items max on a game which revolves around loot would be a great idea. Not to mention the fact that after the first five minutes are up, you cannot cancel your auction for the rest of the fucking time....

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 22:29.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer
22. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer May 22, 2012, 09:51 Wallshadows

Nice easter egg with the lower half of Bishop still on deck...

...wait...didn't Ripley open up the god damn air lock to blow the Queen out in to space? How did it manage to stay there and not follow suite...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 13:51 Wallshadows

I had install issues with Windows 7 64-bit but found out that I turned off the Secondary Logon service which, apparently, is required.

This is coming from a DVD install though so I'm not sure if it covers the same kind of issue with the digital edition.

I haven't used my DVD drive in so long that when I popped it open, it had the first FEAR in it.

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
2. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 21:30 Wallshadows

It's already live in Asia/maybe Europe and norm mode has already been done about an hour or two ago.  

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:40 Wallshadows

I actually didn't think of doing that but the bank closes in about 20 minutes and, depending on traffic, might take me that long just to get there since I live in the outskirts of town.

I was also going to try and use Paypal but Blizzard only accepts it from US customers.

I'll just bite the bullet on this one and go in tomorrow at 8 and see what's open and hope they're not all sold out. Wal Mart usually has an excess but it's not a place I am particularly fond of.

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:33 Wallshadows

nin wrote on May 14, 2012, 15:30:
I was hopeful that our local Gamestop/EB Games

See, I knew exactly how your story was going to end the moment I read that...

Hah Yeah I know I should have known better but this is the first time I've really been shafted by them for a game release.

Owell, live and learn.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:23 Wallshadows

I wasn't able to purchase D3 through the digital service since I paid off my credit card some time ago and got rid of it.

So, I was hopeful that our local Gamestop/EB Games would be doing a midnight launch as they have done so several times before for various titles. Turns out that all of Nova Scotia is exempt from the midnight event and my only option to take part would be to drive three hours to Halifax and go to Futureshop. Yeah right.

Meanwhile, some GS/EBG store way the fuck out in Whitehorse, Yukon is having a midnight event.

They just won't get my money I guess.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions May 13, 2012, 12:26 Wallshadows

Less booth babes and no more exclusive invite-only press events would be a start.

News Comments > Steam top 10
1. Re: Steam top 10 May 13, 2012, 12:04 Wallshadows

DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABLO

Hurry up, Tuesday!

News Comments > Assassin' Creed III Trailer
1. Re: Assassin' Creed III Trailer May 10, 2012, 21:27 Wallshadows

Huh, the video just bombs out at 27 seconds.  

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter
1. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Kickstarter May 8, 2012, 22:47 Wallshadows

including true rag-doll pedestrians

Awesome. I hope they don't give a fuck about the negative wrap this will inevitably get and cave.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2012, 10:42 Wallshadows

My roomy used to leave just enough coffee grinds to make half a cup of coffee and that marked the start to a terrible day.

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
6. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 10:39 Wallshadows

From what I recall, the reason there is no offline mode is due to the fact that most of the items, if not all, are stored server side to prevent the wide-spread duping found in D2 and D1 where the information was stored locally. Could you imagine the RMAH with Diablo 2 duping?

Another ruststorm could come and wipe out all the duped items or items disappear after you leave the game and those who bought in to them will be calling for heads to roll while the seller cashes out.

It makes sense to me and if it actually makes a dupe-free market then I think this design will impress more people than turn away.

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
4. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 10:31 Wallshadows

There will be third party ladder systems but the downside is that the player is responsible for updating it rather than an automated scan since there is no armory-equivalent.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/

Actually, they might be able to auto refresh the characters once they have your battle tag.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 6, 2012, 14:33 Wallshadows

For a good time, insert coin.

OH HELL NO!

News Comments > FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole?
20. Re: FilePlanet Heading Towards a Black Hole? May 3, 2012, 13:18 Wallshadows

One of the most over-rated websites that I can think of. While they felt the need to throttle bandwidth and introduce a queue system to those unwilling to pay for premium access, I felt the need to find patches, mods or demos elsewhere without all that bullshit.

Good riddance.

As for IGN, well, I haven't given a damn about them since they bought and butchered voodooextreme.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Next Year May 3, 2012, 12:47 Wallshadows

Ravener wrote on May 3, 2012, 12:46:
I'd like to take this opportunity to request that all of you refrain from any questing, leveling or heroic deeds in ESO, as that will be the sole domain of my Dovahkin/Courier/Lone Wanderer character, and necessary to my personal immersion.

Thank you.

"Hamburglar would like to party with you"

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Announcement
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Announcement May 2, 2012, 21:16 Wallshadows

The only risk they are taking is deciding on which shades of grey and brown should be changed.  

News Comments > Pre-Purchase Endless Space, Get Alpha Access
1. Re: Pre-Purchase Endless Space, Get Alpha Access May 2, 2012, 21:12 Wallshadows

Will people who get access actually, you know, test the shit or will they froth at the mouth when they get upset wondering why it's full of bugs, runs like garbage, and then cancel their order?  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 1, 2012, 16:48 Wallshadows

Beamer wrote on May 1, 2012, 07:59:
Why is a USB power dongle $1000?

Sounds... wrong. Sounds like one of those things you do when you know your primary customer is the government...

The USB dongle provides both power and allows the board to function as an interactive product. You have a projected image of the desktop on one of these boards and you basically operate your computer from the board along with many other things. By cutting the cable, there is no power and no way to use the board, it just becomes an expensive whiteboard. You could likely just patch the cable but it wasn't our responsibility from that point on and the warranty no longer applied to their products for future free support.

As for the projectors, they're mounted, in most cases, from a boon attached to the top of the board but there are also cases where teachers would just put them on carts.

The design flaw with the projector, eh, it could go either way as the air vents were fairly wide but I can think of at least 15 other third party models which we didn't handle that had the same intake dimensions. On the other hand, it wasn't our responsibility to watch their kids.

Again, giving kids all this tech equipment is a fruitless venture if the staff are not willing to be responsible with it. Some schools dump a huge amount of their grants in to things like this only to have it pissed away...

This comment was edited on May 1, 2012, 16:53.

2150 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo