Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 1904 (Pro)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues
23. Re: More Deus Ex: Human Revolution Code Clues Aug 30, 2011, 14:25 Wallshadows

This is an invitation to party with D.B. Cooper and The Zodiac Killer.

Fun will be had and there will be punch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 23, 2011, 13:25 Wallshadows

Pfft, eztv.it day one regardless of a 8 day delay or not.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer
7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Aug 23, 2011, 13:21 Wallshadows

I hope the combat is not a clunky mess and it's hard to tell if that's the case by this trailer. As long as it's not in the same league as the last AvP title which was plagued with predictable events, bean bag bullets, and retarded Aliens then it should be okay.

Bonus points for the lack of cross hairs though.

I remain hopeful but I'm a sucker for the Alien universe and will likely buy it anyway.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2011, 12:30 Wallshadows

Anyone else following the information in regards to Ridley Scott rebooting/creating a sequel to Blade Runner? It's interesting that he can finally do that since I know he wanted to make another film set within the universe since the mid 80s but because Blade Runner was a box office flop, no one wanted to throw money at him.

I hope he can tap in to what made the first one so fantastic and it's great to see him take on the Sci Fi genre along with Prometheus.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Aug 21, 2011, 02:43 Wallshadows

Retarded comment from Epic? Well I never....  

News Comments > Notch's Q3A Scrolls Challenge
10. Re: Notch's Q3A Scrolls Challenge Aug 18, 2011, 02:37 Wallshadows

This is more like the episode New Friends of Undergrads where Gimpy challenges Spud to a Quake Deathmatch.

Great series, by the way. Shame it only lasted one season...

News Comments > World of Warcraft Transmogrification Coming
8. Re: World of Warcraft Transmogrification Coming Aug 18, 2011, 02:04 Wallshadows

Considering the fact that their art team has been sniffing glue since The Burning Crusade, it's a sigh of relief that I can not throw on my T2 Paladin or Warlock set and look like a total boss.

On the other hand, I suspect that the new item models from this moment on will be much more horrific.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Trailer
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 11:07 Wallshadows

So this is what's considered to be a trailer nowadays?

The only thing I care coming out from the Gearbox camp is Colonial Marine and if they fuck that up, well, I will become as bitter as most are towards Gearbox.

News Comments > DOTA 2 Cinematic Trailer
6. Re: DOTA 2 Cinematic Trailer Aug 15, 2011, 22:06 Wallshadows

Thatís the only thing you do all day long, you sit on that Ventrilo and play DotA.  

News Comments > Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a "Cautionary Tale"
3. Re: Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a Aug 12, 2011, 12:56 Wallshadows

This game will likely be a fantastic title but I feel as though it will fall in to the same area as the previous DE titles when it comes to sales.

Either way, it's been a long time since a title has really caught my attention and I can't wait to drop money on this title.

Some people just 'get it' when it comes to creating a video game, especially one of this magnitude, and I want to reward them for their actions.

News Comments > 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans
8. Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Aug 11, 2011, 12:14 Wallshadows

Jason Momoa going from Khal Drogo to Conan, going to be kind of weird.

Jason Momoa going from Star Gate Atlantis to Game of Thrones was far more weird for me to watch.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer
4. Re: Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 12:08 Wallshadows

with strong support directly from Rebellion.

Yeah, until they realize the title bombs and cuts support like they did with Alien vs Predator.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light E3 Trailers
3. Re: Metro: Last Light E3 Trailers Aug 10, 2011, 23:48 Wallshadows

When I think of a trailer, I think of a edited video which highlights the eye catching moments to draw you in to them, filled with epic music and screen caps.

These are simply short gameplay videos.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 7, 2011, 20:41 Wallshadows

I don't need malware to turn off UAC.

Shit's annoying.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 6, 2011, 08:43 Wallshadows

Don't forget all the complimentary foot-in-mouth statements by Mark Rein and Cliffy B.  

News Comments > The Stanley Parable
9. Re: The Stanley Parable Aug 5, 2011, 20:30 Wallshadows

Maybe it's just me but it has this whole Hitchhikers Guide kind of vibe to it.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
4. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Aug 5, 2011, 18:51 Wallshadows

I would rather see a company do hot fixes every day for a year, then a company that only does them every 6 months IF that (Cryptic Studio's City of Heroes).

To me, I consider a hot fix to involve some situational bugs which may have slipped through the PTRs and not brought up in the forums due to unorthodox methods or strategies. Maybe you drag a mob too far and it evades, or that one elevated piece of ground in the area bugs the boss back to full health (this happened with Gruul back in tbc).

As I said, this recent hot fix is pretty tame compared to what Blizzard is capable of doing when they ignore their PTR forums and then to blame it on lack of test data while the information is sitting right in front of them.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Aug 5, 2011, 15:59 Wallshadows

Believe it or not but these hot fixes are pretty tame compared to the 4.1 fiasco and subsequent nerfs, buffs, and ironing out bugs. Nearly each day brought new changes which really angered a lot of the community, causing some to drop their subscriptions because they didn't feel like relearning or to constantly bending over backwards to play guinea pig.

Also, I use Unheeded Warning on my on my Feral Combat Druid and am puzzled as to why they would chose to alter the buff. They claim that they want players to move forward on item progression and that UHW was a crutch for Rogues and Ferals. Apparently, they have a very short memory since Greatness from WotLK was kept in the same state for the entirety of WotLK and was only trumped by 251+ ICC trinkets.

I suspect this was result of all the complaining done by the baddie PvP community which was up in arms and typical band wagon anecdotes.

The Val'kyr will again despawn after the Lich King reaches 10% health. If they are in the process of carrying a player, they will first drop them to the ground before leaving.

This is likely implemented after Mionelol was able to solo the LK and got carried off the edge after the 10% mark which was pretty hilarious to watch.

News Comments > Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M
4. Re: Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M Aug 4, 2011, 23:13 Wallshadows

Only 200,000 of them nin. Question is, who is going to clean up after them?

With the new companion pet, Stormwind Custodian, of course.

News Comments > WoW Drops More Subs
36. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 4, 2011, 14:56 Wallshadows

This is the biggest problem from what I saw. I played on an RP server, where there were only a handful of real raiding guilds (if that), so it wound up with large portions of our population just being cut off from what they had been doing in the past...so they went for the content they would do otherwise, which were dungeons or heroic dungeons.

*put on tinfoil hat*

I always had the impression that there was an underlying meaning to the difficulty of raids and that was to give the new developers time to slug through creating the next tier of raids. In retrospect, all the balance issues, hot fixing, and delays gives me the impression that the new team is having a hard time filling the shoes of those who worked through TBC and WotLK content and needed to provide a steep learning curve for players to stifle progression.

In between all of this, we are given two rehashed dungeons to start another absurd subplot with the Zandalari which will likely never be touched on again in the game and require a book to 'tie up' the events in the same way they did with The Shattering.

From there, they only designed half a raid as they put all the tier gear in to one zone with half the bosses of, say, Ulduar which also had full tier. This creates another artificial difficulty for the players where, in 10 man, only two pieces of gear will drop in a HUGE loot table and can potentially stifle progression once again.

So, now we're being told 4.3 will be the largest content update since Cataclysm and will be released this year but have yet to provide any details aside from datamining speculation. I suspect they will either release an update which is far from the quality the community is asking for and hot fixed over several months or they are pulling work away from 'Titan' to meet this deadline.

/tinfoil hat

1904 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo