Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2170 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
13. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 11:51 Wallshadows

You seem like a nice guy, Krovven.

Stay classy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
7. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 11:31 Wallshadows

There are already tons of AutoIT scripts and bots floating around out there to farming the chest in front of the Dye trader in Act 3 to Sarkoth in Act 1.

But to play devil's advocate for a moment, this wasn't really duping or, at least, duping as we know it in the Diablo world where you can just duplicate an item over and over and over.

What these players were doing is crashing the game after being unsuccessful with crafting a decent item from the BS (shocking, I know) and this method would allow them to infinitely have a crack at crafting an item since the materials would always be available but would still cost the crafting fee. They wouldn't be able to then duplicate the item once it's made or at least it's not implied or shown.

Meanwhile, I would like to direct your attention to this and this which are just...well...watch...

It's unfortunate because the longer this game has been out the more it feels as though the cons are slowly beginning to outweigh the pros. I'm going to hang in there till at least 1.03 though and see how it feels from there.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jun 9, 2012, 22:29 Wallshadows

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 21:45:
IGN is gobbling up a lot of old sites. Voodoo3D is finally done too. :\

For me, I stopped going their when IGN bought them out. Now, it's just something to enjoy on the waybackmachine.

I especially liked the quote of the day/week...usually about Derek Smart.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2012, 22:35.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
21. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 9, 2012, 22:21 Wallshadows

The game really needed more Bill Roper.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
5. Re: Bill Gates Jun 9, 2012, 22:08 Wallshadows

Yeah but Steve Ballmer really knows how to put on a good show.  

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
15. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 9, 2012, 20:09 Wallshadows

Additional nerfs and changes:

Tyreal now hits for 1.2k and becomes a liability for Vampiric mobs.
The Loot Goblin on the Ancient Pathway in Act 2 is on vacation.
AFK farming in Act 2 has been fixed
A bunch of Resplendent chests have been removed in Act 3

However, it appears that all you have to do to cancel your auction after the 5 minute window is to simply rollback your system clock to when you put it up since it tracks from local system time instead of server time.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 11:11 Wallshadows

All they have to do is wait for Activision to release the next CoD game and it's coke parties for all!  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
7. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 6, 2012, 22:40 Wallshadows

Yeah, I did that too and cranked out a Demon Hunter to help gear my Barbarian. The problem was that playing a glass cannon class really made me more frustrated than getting stomped in full tank spec by Fallen.

While I can appreciate the method of burning them down first it leaves a lot to be desired when ranged mobs and certain types of melees (Herald of Pestilence in Act 3) can attack you with what often feel like guided missiles or have an incredibly huge detection box. Hell, some mobs like the Hellflyers can sometimes just pop in without an animation and kill you!

Act 2 was an annoying gear check but Act 3 is a fucking nightmare of pussy Fallen hit-and-run tactics on 50% of the mobs.

In the end, I dumped my DH because it made me want to put my face through a wall and ended up getting my Barb to Act IV and 'working on' Rakinoth...

News Comments > Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes
5. Re: Diablo III Patched & Next Patch Notes Jun 6, 2012, 22:16 Wallshadows

Interface changes? I hope you're not on the sinking ship which thinks it should be like WoW and have ten thousand addons running.

The only thing I would like is some form of countdown timer but beyond that, it serves its purpose quite well unless you derp and change skills in Inferno outside of town.

News Comments > Warface E3 Trailer
2. Re: Warface E3 Trailer Jun 5, 2012, 09:23 Wallshadows

Modern shooters are SO complicated

That's awesome sarcasm...

...it's sarcasm, right?

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: your name is toby, boy Jun 1, 2012, 21:23 Wallshadows

Kastagir wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 19:35:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 14:15:
space captain wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 11:51:
have even less interest in the new diablo than the former ones, which was very low already

at least the kiddies are happy

Yet you feel the need to constantly go into the threads and talk about it....weird. There is a medical/mental health definition for that.

So many more people come to every D3 forum and complain about what Blizzard is doing or has done to the game. They miss the point that they already gave Blizzard their money, so what they say now is irrelevant. The only way you can send Blizzard the message is to not buy the product in the first place. Everyone else is just enabling it to continue its practices. As far as I'm concerned, anyone with the impulse control to not buy D3 is doing the game industry a service.

I don't know, I have over a hundred hours logged in to it and still enjoy playing it in spite of some of the glaring issues but I guess I'm not suppose to be having fun.

I'm such an prick!

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC Edition Coming
1. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron PC Edition Coming Jun 1, 2012, 21:11 Wallshadows

I wasn't paying much attention to this game until I saw the Puscifier trailer and then shit got real.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
21. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 12:33 Wallshadows

Krovven wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:00:
Dev wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 10:22:
Tooltips for the following class abilities have been updated to reflect changes made in patch 1.0.2 and previous hotfixes

Sounds like something valve would do. Hey guis, if you change an ability, change the text!

Jesus Christ, do people not understand how a "hot fix" works?

It gets fixed server side. The tooltips don't get fixed until the next client patch. They even state this with the hot fix patch notes.

Applies to Wallshadows post too.

Fair point but it begs to wonder whether they are being lazy or efficient by waiting to bundle tooltip errors with gameplay changes (as minor as they can be) rather than to do it sooner especially in the case of stealth nerfs.

In WoW I always went for selling by volume. I'd just price my buyout a few gold under any of the same competing items, and if there weren't any I'd just set it quite high. Didn't always work but sometimes it was a nice surprise to see someone actually forked out an insane amount of gold for something.

My friend does this too and his reasoning is that nothing costs to much for the right person. He was still selling 397 BoE boots for 7 - 8k on the AH up until not long ago because he knew that, sooner or later, someone would want them right then and there.

4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 1, 2012, 11:01 Wallshadows

Maybe in the expansion, they'll do a voice over for the Butcher as Swedish Chef.  

5. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 10:39 Wallshadows

Dev wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 10:22:
Tooltips for the following class abilities have been updated to reflect changes made in patch 1.0.2 and previous hotfixes

Sounds like something valve would do. Hey guis, if you change an ability, change the text!

Blizzard is the king of tooltip errors. They usually don't address them for quite some time in WoW and it's like some fantastic thing when they actually get around to it like they're doing us a big favor when it should have been seen to along with the original patch.

2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 1, 2012, 10:32 Wallshadows

Azmodan. My god, Azmodan! The greatest tactical genius in the burning hells and took part in the exile of the three prime evils yet he's pretty much ripped straight out of a bad comic book.

"I'm the best general ever and I'm going to tell you everything I am going to do at any chance I get while you single-handedly destroy my awesome blaarrrhgghh!"

Meanwhile, Belial, the lord of lies, is the one who fooled Azmodan in to the exile but you damn well know that he is Emperor Hakan in Act 2 the first time you see him.

Talk about dropping the ball on creating memorable encounters. The Butcher has more class just by saying 'Vegetables bad. Meat good!".

1. Re: Diablo III Patched Jun 1, 2012, 10:18 Wallshadows

Awesome, so now every time the AH takes a dump and comes back online with mostly empty inventory, we only have to wait up to 36 hours for the now unlisted items to expire!  

1. Re: Game Reviews May 31, 2012, 16:37 Wallshadows

As much as I love D3, that review should have been much, much longer.  

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
87. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 10:44 Wallshadows

Spend a week farming Act 1 Inferno to do Act 2: terrible disappointment.
Spend a half hour on the AH: It's super effective!

I'm just waiting for Blizzard to nerf Revenge + Provocation now.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
16. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 00:02 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2012, 23:33:
And to think how much nonsense could be avoided if they had kept the SP portion of the game offline, or at least had an offline mode that wasn't tied to the AH.

The problem with that is once you hit Inferno, you rely on the AH in order to get higher tier items to make the grind beyond Act 1 much less painful. Without this option, you're pretty much at the mercy of the game given certain mob combinations which are sometimes tied in to quests and need to be killed in order to progress. Is this difficulty a flaw with the game? I don't think so, Blizzard pretty much came out and said you'll die a lot in Inferno but it would do them good to work on some scaling issues for certain classes.

The gear tier system, on the other hand, was known quite some time before the release of the game along with progressively difficult content from one act to the other. Harder mobs, better gear so it shouldn't shock anyone to put two and two together and that Act 4 gear would trump all gear before it.

It just so happens that those who have made it to Act 4 sell their finds for obscene prices but if people are willing to pay for it then I guess the system works.

2170 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 45.
< Newer [ 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo