Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2009 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth Core Pool Launches Today
4. Re: Heroes of Newerth Core Pool Launches Today Aug 17, 2012, 16:03 Wallshadows

Every time I get the urge to try a MOBA such as LoL, I often find ten reasons not to when I check out resource sites or take a side step to the LoL forums at MMO-C.

Sounds like the worst community in all of gaming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion
9. Re: Rebellion Sues Stardock and Ironclad Over Rebellion Aug 16, 2012, 23:08 Wallshadows

I would have to wonder what kind of idiot it would take to confuse this with Rebellion Developments...

...then again, in the world of trademarks and copyrights, nothing really shocks me anymore with how far things tend to get out of hand.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
4. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 16, 2012, 11:47 Wallshadows

They should have focused the introduction video on the theme of the expansion which is the coming war between the Horde and the Alliance rather than an extended introduction of the Pandaren.

It's a fun video but I can't say I really enjoyed it as far as an opening cinematic is concerned. Past expansion openings gave you an idea of what's going on whereas this just throws Pandaren at your face as a way of saying 'YEAH! PANDAS! LOOK!!!' while giving little to no attention to anything else like the Shas or the broken relations between the Horde and Alliance.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 15, 2012, 14:39 Wallshadows

For all interested and able to participate, there will be a four hour stress test for GW2 today which I just found out about! It'll be from 3pm EST to 7pm EST.  

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
14. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 12:29 Wallshadows

Elessar wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 12:21:
Considering I only saw one legendary at level 20 something, this update is somewhat meaningless to me. They need to make all loot better and have it drop more often. That is the point of this type of game afterall.

Well, they're also upping the rare drop rate on reg mobs by four and now all weapons above ilvl60 are no longer bound to do suck damage but rather as if they were ilvl63.

So you could pick up a a ilvl61 two-handed hammer which can do over 1700 dps rather than 600 dps. Chances of this happening are likely very low, but it's at least possible and you no longer smack yourself in the face when you pick up a rare weapon which isn't 63. Leave that for when you still get garbage weapons.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
10. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 11:44 Wallshadows

Unraveling the mess which Jay Wilson created.

Notice how he, the lead designer, doesn't say a damn word or is ever mentioned since (before) the 1.03 patch went live and then all these good things are coming to the game for 1.04? It's almost like there was some kind of internal mutiny. Not that I'm really complaining, I might actually check it out after 1.04 hits...

News Comments > BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC
8. Re: BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC Aug 14, 2012, 12:51 Wallshadows

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 12:00:
If you're going to have it, you bloody well better make sure it's worth the money. $10 for a single NPC, and a mission that takes 6mins to beat won't cut it. It needs to add something to the game itself, to make it worthwhile. And in turn, the content has to add to existing content, not seem like it was removed from the game itself, in order to say "hey-hey, I'm here to fuck ya over!"

You mean like an expansion pack?

We'll just come full-circle some time in the future where DLC will turn back in to expansion packs which will then bring back DLC and so forth.

News Comments > Star Trek & Star Wars Game Trailers
3. Re: Star Trek & Star Wars Game Trailers Aug 14, 2012, 12:49 Wallshadows

I thought Republic Commando was a decent game.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2012, 16:36 Wallshadows

Steak spices go very well with BBQ veggies as long as you don't overdue it.

Also, have you ever tried to BBQ Salmon on a plank? I tried it but I don't think I let the plank soak long enough as it caught fire and ruined the Salmon.

...smelled nice though.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 This Month
3. Re: Diablo III 1.04 This Month Aug 10, 2012, 19:59 Wallshadows

This is their way of realizing that their design philosophy for a Diablo title turned in to a fucking catastrophe and are trying to put a band aid on a gun shot wound.

I mean, most of the issues which they've been required to change or are in the process of changing should have never been issues in the first place and the 1.04 state of the game should have been what went live with the product. It wouldn't have been 'great' but it feels like the players have simply been used as a beta test for nearly five months.

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
35. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 16:33 Wallshadows

I came across this while I was browsing in boredom.

That didn't take long...

News Comments > Standalone DayZ Coming
11. Re: Standalone DayZ Coming Aug 7, 2012, 11:38 Wallshadows

It'll be interesting to see this game in a polished state and whether or not the current bugs are associated with being in alpha or from the Real Virtuality 3 engine.

I've given the mod all I can but I can only tolerate the 'quirks' of this game for so long...

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
37. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 09:27 Wallshadows

LFR is the fast track to content burn-out.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2012, 11:16 Wallshadows

You can also make very neat taco bowls by flipping muffin tins which you use to bake with. You just press the center down in between the cylinders and they come out nearly perfect!

In other news, the new Digg looks like a content monster threw up all over the front page and simply looks horrendous.

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Jul 27, 2012, 22:14 Wallshadows

Even so, Windows 8 only ships with an extension update rather than a new revision of Directx so it's not as if we'll face the same dilemma found with DX10 which limits a game to a certain operating system given how small extension updates are.

Whether it would come and bite Windows 7 in the ass with DX12 and if it can entice both studios and consumers to use Windows 8 is an entirely separate matter...that is, if DX12 ever comes to fruition while W8 is the current offering from MS.

Also, I've not really been keeping up on the Linux front but I thought Linux was better with OpenGL over DX? Would they need to somehow convert the library to run on OpenGL (which I am sure would require a complete rewrite) or is DX in a better position on that platform?

News Comments > Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes
13. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 12:40 Wallshadows

Tumbler wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 12:18:

In fairness my username / password was possibly found on another website and used at blizzard but that info would not get them into my email...so you would think that before they let you change the email login info for the battle.net account they would do a confirmation/authentication email BEFORE they change the account info. I call it "2 step authenticaion".

This is how many accounts get hacked. Fan site forums are the prime location when it comes to hackers and they'll take each username and password they obtain and plug it in to the D3 login until they find a match that doesn't have an authenticator tied to it.

There's really nothing Blizzard can do to stop this method of hacking since it falls on the user for using the same information and not using an authenticator. Sure, they could add additional security to confirming changes to the account but the fact still remains that your account is compromised the moment they gain entry rather than when they change your information.

The Blizzard authenticator can be set to ask you each time you log in to the game or one/twice a week and the forums don't prompt you for it once you initially log in to the site. It's really not an invasive form of security and it's nice to have around.

If anything, Blizzard should ship an authenticator with the game at this point.

News Comments > WoW Mists of Pandaria in September
10. Re: WoW Mists of Pandaria in September Jul 25, 2012, 11:54 Wallshadows

Silly Verno! GW2 comes out a full month before MoP if you pre purchase it.  

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
13. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 14:35 Wallshadows

MisterBenn wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 13:14:
Bloody hell I just looked inside the D3 general forum for the first time. There is a tidal wave of dissatisfaction in there! I know only the people who feel strongly tend to post but that was still pretty overwhelming.

Eh, it's always been like that. There's a saying that the forums are more entertaining than the game which I tend to agree with and have spent many evening both silently weeping for the human race all the way to laughing my ass off.

For every white knight there are ten more bashers and without a way to curb the posting privileges (like how you need a sub in wow to post on the general forums) it'll just keep getting worse even after those who post have stopped playing.

Then again, I fired up WoW for the first time since D3 released and did a LFR last night. I was greeted by the most unfortunate group in existence so I'm inclined to believe the Blizzard player base in general won't get any better.

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found?
1. Re: Diablo III Wizard Bug Fix; Barbarian Bug Found? Jul 24, 2012, 11:01 Wallshadows

I tried this Wizard exploit last night and, as bad as it sounds, it was actually one of the more enjoyable moments I've had with the game in some time. It actually felt like a Diablo game in a sense that you didn't spend all your time kiting the shit out of mobs and feel like you'll shatter if they look at you funny.

As for the barb exploit, here's a video. From my own testing, I can't get it to work though.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2012, 11:23.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
25. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 14:22 Wallshadows

GW2 BWE pretty much sealed the deal for me as well.

Are there any plans to form a Blues guild?

2009 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo