Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2068 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Prey 2 "In Limbo"
5. Re: Prey 2 Oct 16, 2012, 00:10 Wallshadows

Quboid wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 21:58:
Good to see it's staying true to the original.

Spot on good sir!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS
8. Re: BioShock Infinite Devs Join MS Oct 16, 2012, 00:10 Wallshadows

Fantaz wrote on Oct 15, 2012, 22:20:
They might delay it, scrap it and redo for next-gen consoles like they're doing for Starcraft Ghost.

Did I miss something in regards to SC Ghost?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2012, 19:40 Wallshadows

You only have to open the user profile to notice just how long Blues has been kicking around for since it still has a spot to put your ICQ name.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2012, 17:14 Wallshadows

Blade Runner should be contained in its own world. While the debate rages on whether Decker is a Replicant (in spite of Ridley saying he was), it really does end when the movie finished. Tie it up with the monologue and death of Rutger Hauer's character sealed its legacy as the best (in my opinion) sci-fi movie ever.

The only way I can see Ridley pushing a BR sequel is to find a way to merge the BR and Alien universe together through Prometheus as shown in the easter egg along with an interview done with him expressing his interest in doing this.

I swear to god, if it ends up with Weyland buying out the Tyrell Corporation to make automatons like Ash and Bishop and is the precursor to Hyperdyne Systems, well, I don't know...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2012, 15:44 Wallshadows

You have been selected to hit the front lines and participate in the PlanetSide 2 Beta! With a variety of vehicles and weapons to choose from, PlanetSide 2 is about to bring massive combat on an epic scale to your doorstep and we want you there!

Well this is good news! I'll try it out later...

News Comments > etc., etc.
16. Re: etc., etc. Oct 12, 2012, 09:31 Wallshadows

They probably have a dedicated drop-off box at the front of their office which only accepts huge sacks of cash.  

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic
35. Re: Cliff Bleszinski Leaves Epic Oct 4, 2012, 08:09 Wallshadows

Easy, fellas, they still have Mark Rein on board...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 4, 2012, 08:06 Wallshadows

Yep, I often got these 'tech support' calls too. They would call and say 'your computer has a virus' and knowing damn well what his intentions were, I asked him "which one" seeing as how I have a desktop and two laptops. He just replied 'your computer is infected'.

Another time, I told them I only used Linux and the call was disconnected even though I've never used Linux in my life (shame on me, I know.)

Smooth.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers
6. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 13:26 Wallshadows

Blame stupid fanboys for padding the space. I am sure if Blood Legion moved from Illidan to some backwater server, a large chunk of the server would move with them and the same would go for any high-profile guild or arena team. People just want to say they're on the same server as top-ranked players and feel as though they should be recognized for it.

Furthermore, Blizzard can open up free server transfers all they want but if players don't bite, well, they sure as fuck shouldn't complain when they decide to stick around and hit queues. As an example, Blackrock has always been full and has been given plenty of free server transfers off but it still retains the old motto 'gtfo, blackrock is full'. Especially now that you can cross-realm raid and run dungeons, you're not severing ties to those you played with...

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
17. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:52 Wallshadows

The first level 90 popped up about four hours after the European launch and it only picked up from there.

Honestly, guys, it's trying to suck me back in! It's just trying so hard!

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
12. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo Sep 24, 2012, 12:41 Wallshadows

I remember when I thought the demo to Age of Empires II was fucking huge at ~49MB back when I was on the trusty 33.6k dial up.

Anyway, I'll be checking this out because after watching some of the videos, it seems like a breath of fresh air compared to what I have been playing for the past several months or even years...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 12:37 Wallshadows

Interesting. I wonder what will happen with all the user data being held on Carpathia or the hardware and data the FBI took from Kim. I assume it'll be 'returned' or copied when this whole case inevitable falls through and likely be one of the countersuits he'll file.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 24, 2012, 12:09 Wallshadows

Wow, what a slippery slope this has become for those who took part in the operation. They were probably thinking themselves as heroes for ridding the world of megaupload and thought no one would ever investigate them after all was said and done because it seems like it's just too easy to discover and pick apart all their mistakes.

Kim doesn't have to do anything except sit back and watch this case implode on the GCSB and FBI along with filing countersuits.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 12:47 Wallshadows

XCOM looks like it has a lot of potential to sink many, many hours in to so I look forward to that.

Overall, one busy fucking month in gaming!

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
9. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 22, 2012, 18:12 Wallshadows

Nin, Does TL2 have an account name interface to create friends list or does it go by character name? Does it even have a friends list?

I plan on picking it up tomorrow or Monday and it's be a hoot to have someone else to play it with from here or is there is a Blue's crew like in GW2?

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
5. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 22, 2012, 15:05 Wallshadows

What I find interesting about the new loot changes is that they are somewhat reflective of the way it worked in Diablo 2. They're actually starting to acknowledge efficiency and the fact that stomping mobs is actually what makes it fun. It's sad that they only came to terms with this now though and not right out of the box.

And for some people, killing faster is way more fun. I have friends who say, “You know, I really like taking my Act 3 Inferno into late Hell difficulty, because I just get to stomp stuff and it’s really fun. But it doesn’t give me good rewards.” Well, now you can go to a place that gives you good rewards and get to stomp stuff. And if you prefer something a little more challenging, you crank it up.

I guess his 'friends' have a much louder voice than nearly the entire community. He should just own up to his mistakes and maybe he'll get a little more credibility down the road...

News Comments > Blizzard "Looking At" F2P StarCraft II Multiplayer
30. Re: Blizzard Sep 22, 2012, 10:36 Wallshadows

El Pit wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 01:04:
Solution: RMAH UNIT RENTAL! Players won't be able to BUY additional units from an RMAH, but RENT them from BLIZZRENT! Rent 10 battle cruisers with extra BAZOOM power for $4.99 for 5 multi player games! WIN!!! $$$

They'll be pissed off when the units are all returned in pieces. You'll have to buy it!

...well player...

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
49. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 22, 2012, 10:26 Wallshadows

Dades wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 22:26:
All 2 of you. No one else is playing it here, they fucked the game up and most people won't come back without an expansion.

Pretty much this. Jay Wilson pretty much found a way to fuck up a guaranteed formula for success when he said nothing about Diablo 2 was fun and his way is better. Cut that turd loose before the next expansion and it might be worth checking out again.

...but first, they need to get their MMO horseshit out of Diablo so all the players who came from WoW and think they're awesome ideas can disperse along with all these shitty 'features' and design choices.

Diablo 3 is a financial success which capitalized on hype and name but has nothing to keep many to go back for more. I really, really doubt this game will have the same kind of legs as D2 when it comes to player loyalty.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 2012, 10:33.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2012, 14:22 Wallshadows

I don't get it! I just see a black screen.  

News Comments > Battle.net Adding "Appear Offline" Mode
3. Re: Battle.net Adding "Appear Offline" Mode Sep 20, 2012, 11:25 Wallshadows

What next?

Profile avatars?!

2068 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo