Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2160 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 12:18 Wallshadows

That voice acting is some of the worst I've heard since the earlier versions of Resident Evil. They should have got someone who has a genuinely badass voice, like Keith David instead of someone just trying to sound mean.

Also, Nin, Super Amazing Wagon Adventure looks amazing!

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2013, 12:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Sale Results?
12. Re: THQ Sale Results? Jan 23, 2013, 16:36 Wallshadows

Ubisoft agreed to purchase Montreal and South Park

Ankle bracelets and unauthorized reproduction will get you kicked out.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage
2. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Footage Jan 23, 2013, 12:30 Wallshadows

"All new strategies" of rushing.  

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Updated
10. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Jan 23, 2013, 11:22 Wallshadows

Loot issues stem from the fact that there are no more attribute points to spread out the stats in a correct method to make specialized loot for each class. As it is now, each piece of gear is balanced around mountains of random modifiers which can, in most cases, be open rolls for each primary stat so it can be worn by all classes depending on the roll. Some pieces rely on up to six random modifiers and from those six modifiers, there are dozens of potential combinations which often produce absolute garbage. Diablo 2 had the same system, but it feels like they've overburdened the system.

So, as mentioned earlier, either provide some kind of class-requirement items with proper stats and maintain random ranges or consolidate some of the existing stats to make the overall item quality less /facedesk.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
1. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 22, 2013, 21:51 Wallshadows

I still have the PC Gamer issue that has an article which features 'the next game gods' Cliff, Ken Levine, American McGee as well as others.

Actually, this is a snippet I've found since I don't have a scanner.

From that article with Cliff:

I find it very disturbing going from the PC to the console and to have to be Sony's bitch; to have to have Sony approve the things that we do. It's upsetting for me to submit it for their approval.

News Comments > PC Resident Evil Revelations Plans
1. Re: PC Resident Evil Revelations Plans Jan 22, 2013, 21:40 Wallshadows

Something that has always irked me about the RE series, aside from what it turned in to, is that they introduce waaaay too many minor characters who have dick all reason to be in it. I'd rather see some kind of closure for the main characters not one-shot wastes such as Carlos, Billy, and now Parker who are never heard of or mentioned again.

The only kind of closure we really have towards most characters who have not been in RE4/5/6 is in the form of bonus prologues from RE3 which is a really lousy sendoff and a lot of potential flushed down the drain.

That said, Revelations is the only RE game on my radar since CV so it's something to look forward to since I don't own a 3DS.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
24. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 16:07 Wallshadows

Keep getting an error page / 404 address when I signup which I am sure is caused by the high traffic as my friend was able to submit his info.

I'll try again later.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
10. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups Jan 22, 2013, 15:05 Wallshadows

I'll reserve judgement until I see actual game play footage and finer details.

Derp, there already are on the site...

TES has a fairly substantial and enduring fanbase so it's likely going to sell on name above all else regardless of its quality. It's just unfortunate that we're 'blessed' with another MMO of this particular genre when we already have plenty as it is, good or bad.

Side note, been playing a Ton of Eve lately which is an incredible breath of fresh air compared to the usual suspects and in 21 days, I'll be the proud owner of an Orca providing I can cough up the 750 million ISK through mining and belt ratting.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
10. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 11:10 Wallshadows

I'll just watch the important storyline parts on youtube for this one and the next.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 21, 2013, 20:28 Wallshadows

Picked up Colonial Marines for $35 over at GMG because fuck it, that's why...  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Jan 20, 2013, 18:40 Wallshadows

Same thing happened to MMO-Champion several months ago. Seems like a fairly common issue if you're using ads.  

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
8. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 17, 2013, 19:51 Wallshadows

Plot twist: Blizzard rehires David Brevik.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
17. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 17:45 Wallshadows

The problem I've had with the AVP games is that they're in a self-contained universe which has zero outcome. While I can certainly appreciate Rebellion and Monolith for giving us these modern AVP games (even AVP3), it never felt like there was any start or finish to the story with each new title. It always boiled down to what was essentially a copy and paste from the previous title rather than expand upon it and deliver a much larger experience to the point where the movies for AVP and AVP:R had more of a story arch than any of the AVP games.

At least with an Alien-centric experience, you can pin down its location in the story and get a sense of progression to help bridge the gap which is what CM is allegedly going to do. It'll give you the opportunity to play through events which are at least tied in to something much larger rather than play what felt like an anthology.

There's nothing wrong with AVP (with the exception of the movies), it just never felt like your actions had consequence or that any of it really mattered given the separate layout of each title. It felt more like Rebellion and Monolith were trying to see who had the biggest dick with their 'origins' vision rather than make an intricate, interconnected series.

It's up to Gearbox to fulfill their word and make CM stand on its own without the assistance of a Predator while also satisfying the Alien fans prior to Resurrection and that's a tough feat to perform.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2013, 17:51.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
2. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:05 Wallshadows

I'm still likely going to perform a day one purchase in spite of my somewhat mixed feelings towards this title. I'm hoping that I can co-op with some of my buddies too if they decide to get it and that the co-op in general is fun.

At least enough fun to get $40 worth out of it since GMG usually has it listed for sub-$40 prices with their coupon codes...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2013, 14:14 Wallshadows

You have the innocence of children and the impurity of a whore. It's a theological conflict of dualism between good and evil and that she may corrupt their innocence. It would be interesting to see how many members on that panel are associated with religion and used that as fuel for their decision.

Granted, it seems like a lot of kids these days are pretty fucked up as it is and don't need help.

Also: Tiffany Six

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2013, 14:20.

News Comments > DmC: Devil May Cry PC Differences
2. Re: DmC: Devil May Cry PC Differences Jan 16, 2013, 13:25 Wallshadows

Is this the one where they turn Dante in to an emo fuckwad?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 16, 2013, 12:49 Wallshadows

All the ghosts in Pac-Man want to kill him unless he takes drugs and eats them first. May as well say they are racists towards yellow circle folk too.

Ban!

News Comments > Diablo III 1.07 on PTR
9. Re: Diablo III 1.07 on PTR Jan 16, 2013, 12:44 Wallshadows

So when all is said and done, it'll take them roughly a year to release a half-baked PVP system.

Good job!

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial
19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial Jan 15, 2013, 23:21 Wallshadows

@Flatline

1) I wondered this too. The first time we're able to see Hicks with his bandages is after he is on board the Sulaco and Ripley has rescued Newt but before she was aware that the Queen was onboard. The next scene with Hicks is when he is in the hypersleep tube but is fully bandaged but without a shirt and appears to be unconscious since they likely got him to medical.

So, either Bishop patched him up while Ripley was off saving Newt and made the call or he made the call after Ripley and Newt returned but only before the Queen was ejected in to space since it wouldn't really make sense to leave a distress to assume they're all KIA if he knew all of this information.

Last but not least on this particular issue, the USCM will only respond with a rescue pickup once a team is overdue by 17 days. In the game, however, they only respond to it 17 weeks after they get the distress signal. Something doesn't quite add up but I feel they'll use a big bad Company plot to explain it.

Either that or it's an incredibly huge error.

2) Hadley's Hope should have been obliterated. While there are likely structures still standing, I'm not sure how it would be in the state that's shown in CM unless it's another facility much further from HH.

3) Tin-foil hat thought is that the Company already sent a team to recover the crew on the Sulaco but even then, it's a stretch to wonder how the Aliens would have got there in the first place and without the Queen or her egg-laying apparatus, no eggs would have been stowed away and it's unclear as to how long a facehugger would be able to survive outside an egg. If a facehugger had time to sneak on board the Sulaco, doing so when Ripley and Newt boarded the dropship towards the end would be the best time for it to do so but I still kind of remain skeptical about this.

The long, implausible explanation would be that a facehugger snuck on board the Sulaca by way of the dropship, a second team was sent to investigate after the 17 days, they got fucked up, new Queen and Xenos populate the Sulaco and now the Company wants another go at it with more troops to return a live sample. This is where the 17 weeks later thing would kick in.

4) My understanding is that a fire or malfunction occurred and caused the Sulaco to jettison the hypersleep capsules which had life signs. It just happened to be near Fury 161. Alien 3 suggests that a facehugger is what caused this but that leads me back to the above dilemma although as CM is billed as a tie in between Aliens and Alien 3, it might be explained?

I'm going to reserve judgement on the overall story and plot until I play the game but the more I think about it, the more it feels as though a lot of compromises were made in order to shoehorn this title and that we, the fans, will likely be asked for a certain amount of suspension of disbelief in order for it to work. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out great or at least enjoyable but this is going to be the make or break for me and Gearbox.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2013, 23:37.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 22:11 Wallshadows

While we're at it, lets just censor Halloween costumes and decorations to ensure nobody gets their feelings hurt.

I'm not sure what I am more upset over. The fact that I likely won't ever get to own this or all the hypersensitive people who come out of the woodwork to say how butthurt they are.

2160 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo