Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2177 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2013, 13:54 Wallshadows

That's one of the strangest things I've ever heard someone try to flush.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 3, 2013, 13:51 Wallshadows

I thought it would be more like a Beach head-style game where you're actually, you know, sniping them as they slowly approach your location until I saw the Steam video which has maybe 10% of the entire video dedicated to sniping and their X-Ray kill shot camera.

The rest just looked like 'meh' over-the-shoulder, half-assed, Gears-style shooter which turned me from curious to buy in to a big nope.

News Comments > Lord British's Countdown
2. Re: Lord British's Countdown Mar 2, 2013, 14:24 Wallshadows

*Tabula Rasa 2.

/Zoidberg exit

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title
19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 11:16 Wallshadows

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 11:09:
mag wrote on Mar 2, 2013, 10:50:
Don't be so down, guys. It could be every bit as good as the first Mortal Kombat.
That was an awesome film! It's a shame that they ruined the sequel by recasting Rayden.

But they killed Johnny Cage right away so it sort of balances out.

News Comments > On Diablo III's Future
13. Re: On Diablo III's Future Mar 2, 2013, 00:55 Wallshadows

Makes you wonder what they'll introduce or fix in the future expansion, especially with Jay no longer there to crack the whip. It certainly seems like they've been trying to back up on a lot of design decisions since he left which is the silver lining in this debacle.

Unfortunately, a lot of the damage has long been done and I'm sure there are many players who are simply turned off at the concept of returning to Diablo 3. Especially now that Path of Exile has been in open beta for a little over a month and feels more like a revamped Diablo 2 system which is what players such as myself wanted rather than what we were given.

They'd have to make some fairly drastic changes to bring me back.

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Mar 2, 2013, 00:48 Wallshadows

I'd bet the farm that a large portion of the people who talk shit about DLC and micro-transactions end up buying it anyway. My friend kept bitching and moaning about how he'll never buy another COD game but still bought the season pass after the fact.

'My purchase won't make a difference' mentality and then all the sudden we're in the nickle and diming era of gaming.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Defiance Likely a Film Title Mar 2, 2013, 00:32 Wallshadows

Rated PG-13.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 1, 2013, 11:28 Wallshadows

More like the Carolina Staal Brothers this season.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports
10. Re: The Witcher 3 Details, Including Save Imports Feb 28, 2013, 22:23 Wallshadows

I'll give them money just for dumping QTEs. Talk about the most fuckin' annoying game design ever.  

News Comments > Star Wars: 1313 on Hold?
5. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 22:07 Wallshadows

Putting it on hold so they can find a way to tie it in with the new movies, even if that means an overhaul.

That's my guess.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Feb 28, 2013, 09:32 Wallshadows

I played some Minecraft with my friends and it was pretty fun. I didn't really become a team player though and just wanted to explore the game but they accepted that and allowed me to go off an do my own thing provided I would trade them the things I found if ever they needed them.

I decided to go full Dwarf and built a 44 wide x 77 length x 20 high base at bedrock level with pillars to make it seem like a Chinese knockoff version of Khazad-dm in Lord of the Rings. I then built a side room to house my Rubber tree and Wheat farm, a central platform for my portal to the Nether and to my friends' base.

I've just been preoccupied with GW2 as of late to play it for any great amount of time.

News Comments > EVE Online Boasts 500K Subscribers
3. Re: EVE Online Boasts 500K Subscribers Feb 28, 2013, 09:14 Wallshadows

I fired up my subscription but I didn't play it enough previously to know whether the changes made to PvE were substantial or not through the various expansions. I assume they have though and I'm secretly reaping the benefits.

As for the grind, yeah, that's always going to be a part of Eve as well as the time to skill up to pilot certain ships. I spent 27 days gearing up for an Orca that cost roughly 700 million ISK and my major source of income was mining .5 space with a Retriever that only made ~16 million ISK an hour. Belt rats are mostly worthless to salvage in Highsec and the bounty reward is usually 10 - 25k ISK so a drop in the bucket while I sit.

Working my way to buy PLEX now to extend my subscription.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Version 5.2 "Imminent"
1. Re: World of Warcraft Version 5.2 Feb 27, 2013, 20:47 Wallshadows

Meh. Maybe when they bring back The Burning Legion, I'll be interested.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
14. Re: Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches Feb 27, 2013, 17:19 Wallshadows

My friends were all set and ready to play their faces off again, started new characters and everything. Two days later, they can't be bothered to play it.

Sometimes I'm not quite satisfied with my friends when it comes to games because once one decides to not like it, the other will follow suite and abandon ship until something else catches their attention for a bit and do the same.

Rinse and repeat for the shepherd and his sheep.

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
18. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:36 Wallshadows

It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 20:16 Wallshadows

Possible Interesting bit of news heading our way this week to find out what the fuck happened.

We'll see, I guess...

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
23. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 16:48 Wallshadows

I bought it but I can say that I regret doing so. For someone who doesn't often fall for the pre-order hype, this has been one of those kick-in-the-ass realizations to not do it again. Shame it cost me $35 to learn my lesson the hard way, but that's what it sometimes takes when you're a big fan to a franchise and blind faith. Even if they released an improved AI and HD texture pack patch, I won't play it because the core mechanics are busted beyond measure.

Gearbox is on my shitlist for being part of this mess and I will likely never buy a product that's associated with Randy Pitchford. I just can't respect or trust him.

That said, the most entertainment I got out of this is lurking in the official forums and reading all the heat it's continuously taking.

News Comments > New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium
1. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 14:28 Wallshadows

Unless it bombs then they pull a Pitchford and deny its existence in hopes that it'll blow over.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2013, 11:59 Wallshadows

Lucky! I wish I could have seen NIN, Tool, or Radiohead in past or future shows but good luck getting them to go East of Montreal which is roughly 1500 kilometers outside of my comfort zone.

I was lucky to find my way in to the Summersault 2000 tour in Halifax which feature bands such as A Perfect Circle, Foo Fighters and Smashing Pumpkins. Was absolutely amazing and introduced me to APC and, subsequently, Tool which remains my favorite band.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2013, 10:30 Wallshadows

InBlack wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 10:01:
Heheh, cant believe that Blizzard is taking Diablo to consoles. After all that is wrong with that game, do they really want to alienate a WHOLE NEW MARKET? Ok with the console crowd you never know, and most of the people who will be playing probably werent even born when D1 was released....

Lets not forget this gem which actually turned out fairly well.

Also, note the publisher.

2177 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo