Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2141 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
34. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 19:00 Wallshadows

Yes, that's a very good site but always double check the date stamp of when the last update was made. I've run in to a couple threads which were picked up when the last update of the OP was greater than a week and was bumped by someone asking about availability.

Great site in any case! Pair it with http://www.poeex.info/ and you have a decent way to make a trade unless wants/needs is established as a buyout price.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
31. Re: Path of Exile Patched Feb 13, 2013, 18:04 Wallshadows

If anyone is interested in a little coop or just to populate the friends list for trade and discussion, feel free to add me in game. My account name is Messerschmitt.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2013, 18:19.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:38 Wallshadows

Warskull wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 10:19:
Apparently so much of it was outsourced to various other studios it is barely able to be called a Gearbox game. Time gate supposedly did almost all the single player.

That may be the case but they're the ones who stamped Gearbox all over it and came up first in the credits. If someone wants to blame a movie for being bad, they don't wait until halfway through the credits, blame the scaffolding crew for making such a mediocre title and let everyone else off the hook.

Randy played it fast and loose with his dick out claiming this to be on the same level as Aliens and took any chance he could get to shoe-horn in the fact that it's a video game sequel to Aliens and now that the public is aware of the end product, pitchforks and torches.

Having played through the campaign, there are some exceedingly glaring issues which those who have not played are familiar with simply through copy/pasting what everyone else has said about the same which is fair as these patch notes show that it's a rough ticket. On the other hand, there were some missions which I thought were genuinely entertaining but I only found those midway through the game once Hadley's Hope opened up so for those who either only played the first 20 minutes or go off of what someone who only played it for the first mission says, you're missing quite a bit although that's not saying much in the grand scheme of things. It's something, I suppose...

The worst part about this game is the fact that they thought it was good enough to justify a 'meh' cliffhanger ending and that there would be a sequel.

Also, if Gearbox is responsible for the majority of the SP development (or 80% as randy said), it makes me wonder if Borderlands is something they just happened to luck in to or if they were in a DNF situation and were stuck with what they got from previous builds?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
84. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 16:04 Wallshadows

Just to add some context to the .gif that's making rounds on the internet where an Alien herp derps around like an idiot, the concept is an Alien which only reacts to sound and wanders around trying to find you based on your footsteps.

It's kind of neat and one of the only kind of 'tension' I've encountered so far and, in spite of the many flaws which could fill a barn, the Hadley's Hope area is surprisingly well done which gives you a glimpse to what this game could have been before sucking you back in to realizing everything else is a resounding 'meh'.

I've played worse and I intend to beat the campaign but that'll likely be it. If we were still back in the mod-friendly era of PC gaming, I would say there is a lot of potential for the community to work out a proper experience but instead, we're stuck with what we got.

When all is said and done, Randy Pitchford can go eat a bag of dicks for praising this as the second coming of Christ.

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Issue
16. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Issue Feb 11, 2013, 22:24 Wallshadows

Flushing your DNS should be mandatory for all games.  

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 11, 2013, 22:13 Wallshadows

“It’s a big, ambitious game,” Pitchford explained. “Some of the other studios involved, we decided that these guys are awesome. They did a lot of really valuable work. We’re not contractually obligated to put anybody’s credits there, but we value talent and respect talent. We wanted to make sure that those logos were there and that work was represented. In big efforts, that’s not an uncommon thing. You don’t usually see it up front.”

We want you to blame someone other than us for what this game has become.

News Comments > Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow
20. Re: Diablo III Community Q&A - Patch Tomorrow Feb 11, 2013, 22:00 Wallshadows

I'm probably one of the few players who stuck it out in vanilla D2 because I actually disliked the Rune system and changes such as speed breakpoints which made me want to die a little on the inside for WW Barbarians which happened to be one of my most played character types.

I preferred CS over Baal runs much more too and the fact that rares, in spite of all the duping prior to ruststorm, were king with the exception of some gimmicky set items such as Angelic, Twitch and Swordback Hold BvB users.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2013, 11:35 Wallshadows

For the other two who preordered Colonial Marines, it seems as though you can preload the game on to Steam.

This comment was edited on Feb 11, 2013, 12:39.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
7. Re: Sunday Q&As Feb 10, 2013, 16:06 Wallshadows

Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough but everything I remember coming from GPG and Chris Taylor were over-hyped/under-delivered games such as the Dungeon Siege series.

He must have done something important pre-DS...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 10, 2013, 15:59 Wallshadows

Quinn wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 13:34:
I feel for all the people who spent their hard earned money on A:CM. I know how it feels when you are 50 bucks lighter on a game that turns out to suck.

Especially when GMG has been rotating 25 - 30% off sales for weeks now.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2013, 17:49 Wallshadows

7 Zip has always been free.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer
8. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 19:40 Wallshadows

This is a very satisfying discussion.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer
2. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Preview Trailer Feb 8, 2013, 13:32 Wallshadows

What happens next, Jivaro? WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut
3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 21:31 Wallshadows

I'm more worried about the voice acting and whether or not what we heard in the last trailer release is what we should expect in the game. If it happens to be the case, I'll likely mute sounds and just have Aliens play in the background even if the scenes don't match up.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion
37. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 3, 2013, 16:09 Wallshadows

This game is more racist towards white people for using so many white people cliches throughout the game such as how white, middle-aged men make the perfect psychos.

I demand an end to this verbal whiteface.

News Comments > Morning Previews
15. Re: Morning Previews Jan 29, 2013, 00:17 Wallshadows

Changed it up a little and started building a Summoner Witch which uses Fire spells and an amp damage fire curse. It's basically the Necromancer from D2 except the minions are actually useful beyond lagging the game till the end of time.

It's a shambling wall of death and fire.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
5. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 26, 2013, 22:06 Wallshadows

I'm really about to eat my hat in regards to what I said because now that I have my focus set on a specific build, wow, what a world of difference thanks to the passive skills and spell customization.

I'm currently rocking a Wand Templar and basically steam rolling everything by dropping Fire Trap and spamming Firestorm since my mana regen is through the roof. AOE non-stop like a boss.

On top of that, one of the first rare items I found had PERFECT itemization for my hybrid build, right down to + mana and + energy shield. Guitarist

It's going to be a long but awesome night.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 26, 2013, 19:26 Wallshadows

What I really like about it is the passive skill system tree which looks more like a Los Angeles road map. That thing is god damn huge and would really open the door to tons of customization if you manage to stick around for a while.

Otherwise, it's an okay game. It's not going to shake the ARPG industry to its foundations as it's not perfect but you can't really complain given the fact that it's F2P and the micro-transactions are for aesthetics only.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 25, 2013, 17:28 Wallshadows

Woz is throwing the book at what he has seen of it so far for being incredibly inaccurate.  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 24, 2013, 22:00 Wallshadows

I can't fucking wait to see where lens flare technology will be when this comes out!  

2141 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo