Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 1904 (Pro)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals
17. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 18, 2012, 12:28 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 21:08:
Baldurs Gate 2 had player homes in SP.....

D'oh! Did it? I bought it quite some time ago but only played through the first area then shelved it...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals
2. Re: Project Eternity Hitting Stretch Goals Sep 17, 2012, 19:13 Wallshadows

Looking past that...player housing at $2 million

My MMO senses are tingling...

News Comments > On The Secret World's F2P Potential
6. Re: On The Secret World's F2P Potential Sep 17, 2012, 13:58 Wallshadows

F2P pays for itself if done right. I've forked over about two months worth of WoW subscription time in to their gemstore as I am sure is the case with many other players - although likely to a lesser extent.

Relying on box sales and vanity items requires a lot of faith in your product without subs to fall back on though and this is likely why it's not really the 'norm' in the industry. What I really hate is the fact that it seems parts of the industry are going in the opposite direction and using subscription-based models along with macrotransactions such as WoW and TSW.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Launch Trailer Sep 17, 2012, 10:14 Wallshadows

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes around 3/4 of the guild members in GW2.

Sigh.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
12. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 16, 2012, 17:20 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 16:30:
I'm not angry about it. I just thought the first one sucked and have no interest in the second. Nor do I understand why anyone liked the first much less wants the second.

I don't mean you in particular, Cutter, more like in general because I remember how 'well' the initial reception was when the second one was announced and the relatively short time between then and release. A couple were hesitant to say they enjoyed it while most were firing up their roasters.

Then again, I might be recalling this wrong and blowing it a little out of proportion. I just happen to find it interesting.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
3. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 16, 2012, 13:39 Wallshadows

So at what point did the community turn from angry to happy in regards to Borderlands?  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Sep 15, 2012, 11:32 Wallshadows

I can see where they were trying to go with the trailer, to break the current stagnant-state of MMOs and whatnot...but then when they show gameplay footage, a dragon is the centerpiece which is one of the most uninspiring, overused elements in MMOs.

It's especially disappointing when you [spoiler] actually 'fight' Zhaitan which makes Madness of Deathwing look like it was designed by Mensa.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 2012, 11:39.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Funded
7. Re: Planetary Annihilation Funded Sep 14, 2012, 23:16 Wallshadows

It's been a while since I've played a decent RTS so this is something to keep an eye on. I also prefer sandbox / skirmish modes because you're not kept in check by artificial barriers such as unit production which are tied in to the level you're on or restart from scratch.

It made me enjoy titles such as Age of Empires II for a very long time because each game was something new to try and played out until someone was thoroughly wiped off the map.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details
2. Re: More Diablo III 1.0.5 Details Sep 14, 2012, 22:16 Wallshadows

The biggest challenge in this game is trying to find gear you can use rather than going to the AH but I guess that's working as intended.

When's the last time you've found an item which provides a general buff to your player? I found some 'okay' weapons since the 1.04 patch which went towards buying a nice 1.04 Messerschmidt's Reaver but that's about it since I stopped playing and picked up GW2.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 14, 2012, 16:35 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 13:32:
A lot of people who roll their own machines tend to install drivers before antivirus programs and one common vector is companies like Asus who are offering infected drivers without realizing it.

...I built my PC several years ago and still haven't got around to installing an antivirus.

*knocks on wood*

News Comments > Metro 2033 Film Plans
6. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 16:31 Wallshadows

Fantaz wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 16:10:
I like the Resident Evil movie? It's good if you completely disassociate it and pretend it's not part of the Resident Evil series at all, so as a movie it's pretty decent. Same could be said for the sequels.

To be honest, I would be more inclined to watch it if it had any other name attached to it but it doesn't. While the first one was 'okay', Anderson really turned it up a notch and took a dump on the story with the second title and that's where I've simply refused to indulged beyond a glimpse of the third title while browsing through TV channels and was reminded of a awkward telekinetic Mad Max spin-off.

For me, the only good RE movie which lived up to its name is Regeneration and it's so buried that few outside of the video game fanbase seem to know about.

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
27. Re: Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games Sep 13, 2012, 19:18 Wallshadows

Ubisoft likely has no faith in consumers to turn a substantial profit on their so called AAA titles so what does that say about their products in the first place...  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Sep 9, 2012, 17:14 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 15:03:
In other news, being ignorant as hell causes Stress. If you don't aim to understand what you work with, you will never be comfortable working with it.

This is doubly-important for those who work in the tech support industry. Stressed out callers and stressed out workers who fumble with the same issue means you're gonna have a bad time when they call back. While there are usually tests and methods to determine whether you can work in tech support, there are those who still find ways to coast on others to get by.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 15:47 Wallshadows

I throw three cheap level 76 Exotic items and a forge shard in to the forge and get an 80 exotic item back.

Money money money!

...unless it's a fucking spear, trident, warhorn or torch...

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 9, 2012, 13:01 Wallshadows

Version 15? Weren't we at 7 or 8 a few months ago?  

News Comments > Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans
21. Re: Diablo III Crowd Control Change Plans Sep 5, 2012, 16:51 Wallshadows

I always joked that they must have used the wow dev team to help make D3 but I guess I can't really joke about it any more.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
10. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 10:50 Wallshadows

This is all well and good but I really hope they work on zone bosses where they bug on transition phases. Spending 45 minutes + to have a boss such as Megadestroyer bug out and become invulnerable until he explodes is just annoying.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
9. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 07:04 Wallshadows

Now I can sport my Herald of the Titans title while sitting on my Zulian Tiger! It's almost enough to get me to log in for 10 minutes until I go back to GW2.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
41. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 19:04 Wallshadows

I just gave it a go just for the hell of it and the rend changes mixed in with the rune that returns a % of health is pretty OP when dealing with a bunch of mobs since it leeches off each target that rend is applied to which I figured would be the case. Pair that with Revenge + Provocation and it's pretty easy to maintain a decent chunk of health.

That said, I can see the difference in items such as how they buffed two-handed weapons (crazy crit damage) and lifted the max weapon damage based on item level north of 60 but it still just feels more or less the same. The items still generate garbage stats in most cases and Paragon levels will only benefit those who still play or enjoy the item grind and plan to stick to that character for a long time to reap the full benefits.

I'll probably play it more to fill in the gap between now and Saturday though but only because I've run out of movies to watch and I have nothing else to really play.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Rolling Out
23. Re: Diablo III Patch Rolling Out Aug 21, 2012, 12:36 Wallshadows

Optional nickname wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 11:32:
& to expand on Source, It's also common sense, a human trait that is severely lacking in today's day and age. Google and Facebook don't teach you that.

Common sense has nothing to do with asking for a source to a claim which is being stated as a fact rather than an opinion without information to back it up. It's called fact checking and this isn't Fox News where they expect us to take everything at face value.

That said, if you're talking about the xfire player drop, it's definitely there and has been the central point of focus when it comes to pointing out the drop in players. While it does have some validity as a tool (the only one we have) to measure a player base, not everyone uses xfire. Honestly, I don't know anyone of my friends who have it but that obviously doesn't mean nobody uses it.

As for the decline of public games, sure, that went down by a fair margin within the first month but that doesn't include private games so, again, it doesn't provide an overall view of the total players.

Don't get me wrong, I personally think there has been a decline of players beyond those who use xfire but there is really no way to tell just how many. All we can do is speculate on numbers through extrapolation since Blizzard doesn't need to provide feedback on their active player base like they do with WoW since it's not on a subscription-based game to hype shareholders or players.

I would like to see this 85% source though.

1904 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo