Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2097 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Free Character Moves
4. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 16:12 Wallshadows

Wow, Blackrock is actually a server which is accepting transfers from another server? That's pretty amazing considering how many times the free transfer has been used to transfer players off. I guess Blackrock is no longer full and you don't have to gtfo...

As for merging servers, I can see problems being made in terms of forced name changes and such which is usually one of the big debacles brought up when talked about.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
13. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 13, 2013, 23:24 Wallshadows

Move over Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster, there's a new name in town.  

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: Morning Q&As Mar 13, 2013, 13:58 Wallshadows

My friend picked up a game card for me to try and get back in to WoW, see the new 5.2 raid, and the Thunder Island so I obliged. I then went to queue in to LFR and after an hour waiting, finally got in. Well, don't you know it, we get to the last boss and as soon as we are about to pull, half the raid drops off and about two minutes later my client is disconnected.

Log back in, I'm no longer in the raid.

Yup. Fuck that, told my friend I can't play a game where those monkeys at Blizzard keep spinning their wheels on content updates which results in more of hot fixes, rolling restarts, crashing, and whatever else it feels like. I dare call them incompetent for being unable to learn from their shitty patching cycle over the past, what, eight years. They've even managed to convince some along the way who actually defend these issues and that's the worst thing about it.

I'll just take my friend out to a nice dinner and call it even.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 16:37 Wallshadows

I wouldn't have even known if I didn't read about it here.  

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
45. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 13:29 Wallshadows

This is one of those cases where I hope a crack team can come up with a method to allow offline play.

It would be quite interesting and would be the icing on this train wreck.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 9, 2013, 19:29 Wallshadows

Of all the colors in the world, why would you make a graph with three shades of blue and one red...  

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
48. Re: Which free game? Mar 9, 2013, 15:42 Wallshadows

ASeven wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 15:17:
In a way, this means Blue and us regulars are far more important than we think.

Silver lining, my friend! Now can you please pass the jug of Mountain Dew and container of Nutella so I can get back to WoW?

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
19. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 14:23 Wallshadows

One can only hope that experiences such as this are fabricated and untrue.

On this other hand, this is EA we're talking about...

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month?
17. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 9, 2013, 08:44 Wallshadows

I bet they're eventually going to rotate each year between Battlefield and the 2142 series.  

News Comments > Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film
4. Re: Sam Raimi on the Warcraft Film Mar 5, 2013, 23:41 Wallshadows

I bet Raimi didn't want to have Thrall as one of the main stars and Chris Metzen pushed for immediate veto powers.

Then something, something nine months later gtfo.

News Comments > More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans
1. Re: More on Diablo III 1.0.8 Plans Mar 5, 2013, 21:15 Wallshadows

This guy has been doing a very solid job at keeping the community in the loop. I wonder if he always felt this way or if he was just told to sit down and shut up during development.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 15:55 Wallshadows

Well, in that case, it should have been 20 hours.  

News Comments > Diablo III Item Change Plans
5. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:54 Wallshadows

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
1. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 5, 2013, 15:26 Wallshadows

Not quite live just yet as I have been told. Not surprising though, Blizzard has rarely met their original time frame when it comes to content updates and even after were usually met with a couple of days consisting of lag and rollbacks. You would think they would learn to at least extend the usual four hour time frame to eight hours just to cover their ass and if it's up sooner, hey they're working really hard for you!

Everyone should take a page from Scotty.

News Comments > Diablo III Item Change Plans
3. Re: Diablo III Item Change Plans Mar 5, 2013, 15:16 Wallshadows

Maybe if the Diablo 3 community provided some form of feed back on the item quality and how to improve it, this could have been done sooner.

Blizzard has to do all the hard thinking on how to fix what's broken so kudos to them for finding the time and resources to put this in to motion.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues
58. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity; Refunds Offered for Launch Issues Mar 5, 2013, 15:07 Wallshadows

Not sure if it's original or not and has been posted already but this showed up on my facebook feed from a friend with the added message that it's an 18 hour wait to reach their support line.

How many more bridges can EA burn this week? Stay tuned!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2013, 11:04 Wallshadows

The lawsuit brought on to Monster should be thrown out of court and the mother should be held liable for gross negligence and capitalizing on her daughter's death (if that's even a crime).

You have a kid frequenting Starbucks and regularly consuming energy drinks with a heart condition, it's either shitty parenting on not educated the kid and the dangers of caffeine consumption, mom not paying attention to daughter, or the kid was just a Darwin-award waiting to happen.

...or it could just be natural and is a classic case of correlation does not imply causation but try slipping that one by on a parent who's on the warpath to cash-in rather than being responsible and could have prevented this whole mess to start with.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 5, 2013, 10:38 Wallshadows

So they're using the sales of Windows 8 to justify the whole 'PC is dead' angle?

Okay.

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
14. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 10:30 Wallshadows

I would like to see a third-party Auditor go over the books and identify just how well funded these AAA projects are and if the money put forward to support such projects is efficiently spent or just pissed away in hopes that the return will cover it.

Does that ever happen?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2013, 14:31 Wallshadows

As for stopping any kind of astral body which is on a collision course towards Earth, it all depends on the composition, density and the time of discovery before the time to impact.

While a nuclear option would prove useful for an object with low-density, C-type objects where it's barely being held together under its own gravity it would be detrimental against a S-type objects which are chunks of Iron and other metals. However, if an object snuck in through the blind spot caused by our Sun and there are only days until impact, this is really our only option.

We would need around 20 years advanced notice in order to develop, test, and send a satellite to the incoming object in order for a kinetic impact to offset the object just enough to barely make it by us. That's if everything goes well.

2097 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo