Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2100 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
2. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 21:57 Wallshadows

Yup, the economy is pretty much in full meltdown right now. Since it can affect the RMAH, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a rollback if possible to keep their golden cow from getting bruises and look bad. Trouble is, what would happen to the regular Joe who bought a legit item at an actual price since these shenanigans began. Would it go poof since it would be caught in the rollback net and lose the money he spent on it?

This would be easy fix if it was only gold but their RMAH is going to bite them in the ass because of this kind of shit. They were worried about the players fucking up the game's economy but in reality, they seem to be doing it more to themselves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches May 6, 2013, 21:01 Wallshadows

That patch clocks in at a meaty 1.1GB.

Throw in the previous visual and AI patch and they are as large as the initial game itself upon release.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:21 Wallshadows

Was over at a pal's house and decided to fire up Riptide and I was appalled with how many elements have simply been recycled in to the game. They literally lifted the Prison from the first title and put it in place for the final chapter in Riptide. I don't know if thought they could fool you by adding extra boxes and changing the bars to doors or were rushing to meet a deadline but it blows my mind that it took them as long as they did to essentially release what would have been an expansion from 13 years ago.

No lie, when I fired up the game to try and immediately noticed the familiar layout of the level, I turned to my friend and said 'wtf, did I load the wrong game?' which was followed by a no.

The only thing that was 'new' from my time playing was a chainsaw that dropped off some crazy bitch which I can only assume is the same for the rest of the game. Sure, it's a tropical paradise but after seeing some videos and photos, it's quite clear that Techland put minimum effort to maximize a return on a game which was hoping to leech off of those who bought in to Dead Island.

If I never played the first title, I would say it's alright. I don't mind the endless grind versus the undead because that's the backbone of this franchise. It was rather enjoyable to dice through zombies with a electric Katana but knowing this is all familiar and with such little change, it just felt like a money grab. Bear in mind, this is my opinion after only playing it for about an hour.

It even ends on a rather lousy cliffhanger so I wouldn't be surprised if they already have DI3 underway if they're just going to follow the same recycling methods.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2013, 22:47 Wallshadows

I've pretty much maintained a form of communication silence in order to avoid being pelted with people saying that.

Until now. Thanks Blue! You magnificent bastard.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews May 4, 2013, 22:45 Wallshadows

The FPS RPG genre seems like a lot of work for an indie dev. I look at a game such as Deus Ex and you can tell they have the resources and time frame to provide a fully-detailed game from front to back (haven't played Invisible War).

It's a do-or-die concept which depends on being able to capitalize on your project with a pile of cash and a loose deadline which may be why it's not a typical genre to come out of the Indie camp?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 3, 2013, 11:23 Wallshadows

I'd wager a golden Unicorn and say the upper level guys are old dinosaurs who don't know any better which is much worse.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 11:06 Wallshadows

While I would love to see them get grilled in court over this, I doubt it'll happen but it's not really a 'win' for SEGA and Gearbox either. Their reputation, especially the already dubious efforts of Gearbox, has become tarnished and now that dislike extends well beyond those who got burned by purchasing this product.

The silver lining, if anything, is hopefully a win for the community and will deter any other studio for following the same route.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
18. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 10:15 Wallshadows

This is going to be awesome.  

News Comments > EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE
9. Re: EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE Apr 28, 2013, 18:41 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 17:11:
...And no, it's not for 10 year old COD kids. It's for 10 year old griefers who think the height of entertainment is trying to ruin everyone elses fun...

For the most part you're fairly well protected in game. The starter Corporation has a lot of players willing to advise new pilots on the best course of action whether it's through skill-point distribution based on your preference, pointers on where to go to find a decent belt to make isk, the best ship you can use and the fittings to go with it.

The only way you can truly be grieved is to hang around in low and null-sec space where it's fair game for anyone by use of various tactics which range from fair to extremely dirty. Fortunately, there are plenty of warning signs and alerts before entering one of these zones and you can even adjust your auto-pilot route to bypass them entirely. There are times when you do get some high-sec drama but more often than not the aggressors get CONCORDED before they can warp to the next gate. To be frank, high-sec grieving will only happen if you piss off a number of corporations and they zerg and the bounty is a bonus.

From time to time you hear stories like those who lose thousands of dollars through PLEX transfers gone wrong but those are cases of either extreme cooperation through several corporations or shear stupidity such as transferring the items without the proper vessel and/or fitting in low/null-sec in which case they were just asking for trouble.

As for the 10 year olds, from my experience, I enjoy the Eve community because it tends to dump a lot of the 'I want it now' crowd and trolls who feel the game is either too slow or the fact that you have to work for your ship and fittings so it generally provides a better community than most other MMOs that come to mind.

As for the TV thing, if they can be like this, It'd be pretty interesting.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2013, 18:51.

News Comments > EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE
6. Re: EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE Apr 28, 2013, 16:13 Wallshadows

BadIronTree wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 16:06:
Cutter wrote on Apr 28, 2013, 14:41:
I'm sure that'll make both people interested in this very happy.

LoL do you know any other MMO that 10 years after it came out is still getting BIGGER with more and more subscribers ?

Don't forget the fact that they're working on the 19th free expansion and an economy where you can buy your own playtime.

News Comments > Spamalot Unchained
3. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 27, 2013, 15:25 Wallshadows

Seems like an interesting title and I hope it gets funded. The pure crafting class and system seems like a really fun idea.  

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans
5. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans Apr 27, 2013, 14:27 Wallshadows

Quinn wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 18:50:
Does someone wanna be my beer buddy? I send you european beer, you send me american! *hic!*

Why on earth would you want American beer?

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2013, 21:49 Wallshadows

Starring Gilbert Gottfried as Thrall.  

News Comments > PC Metro: Last Light to Include Metro 2033 Novel
1. Re: PC Metro: Last Light to Include Metro 2033 Novel Apr 26, 2013, 21:43 Wallshadows

What a novel idea.  

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans
1. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans Apr 26, 2013, 13:27 Wallshadows

Looking forward to this one providing it retains ammo, health and weapons being scarce and is centered more towards being a survival-horror than action.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Metro: Last Light
7. Re: Gone Gold - Metro: Last Light Apr 25, 2013, 13:04 Wallshadows

Nifty deal which leads you over to GMG.

I guess I could have just given the GMG link...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2013, 12:02 Wallshadows

Prenda Law stuck their dick in a beehive and have been reaping the rewards of doing so for the past several months and I love it.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Apr 24, 2013, 11:57 Wallshadows

This is the right kind of selfie.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter "Fresh Look" Reveal in "Days"
15. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 11:55 Wallshadows

I rather enjoyed it and is one of the best strategy games I've played in recent memory. I got 40+ hours out of it through countless restarts since I only played in Hardcore mode and don't regret picking it up during the Christmas Steam sale for $30.

It became repetitive as there were only ten or so maps in total but I found the excitement of Hardcore overshadowed those flaws. Becoming attached to several characters who've made it to max rank, hundreds of kills combined and dozens of missions only to see them get gunned down was a rather frustrating yet equally sobering experience knowing they were gone for good and you can't just reload a save to get them back.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2013, 18:23 Wallshadows

I wonder if there have been any numbers bounced around behind the scenes between Netflix and Fox to pick up Firefly.

They know how much fans want it, it's why they used it as their April Fools joke.

2100 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo