Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2070 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 PC Specs
12. Re: Resident Evil 6 PC Specs Apr 3, 2013, 17:08 Wallshadows

Darks wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 13:50:
Sorry, but some of us really enjoy Coop. that is one of the biggest selling points for me when I buy a game. If you donít like it, then donít buy it, itís that simple.

I didn't buy it. My friend invited me over to try it out some time ago and I just shook my head and haven't looked back or ahead. Guess I'm just an old dinosaur who prefers the cheesy dialogue, wonky controls and door loading over what should now be renamed to Action Evil: Quick Time Events.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
21. Re: Evening Q&As Apr 3, 2013, 12:22 Wallshadows

Perfect gaming PC of which generation would be my question especially when he throws around comparisons with a 32-bit OS.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 PC Specs
6. Re: Resident Evil 6 PC Specs Apr 3, 2013, 12:17 Wallshadows

Siygess wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 10:59:
Somewhere along the line Capcom decided to trade the bad camera angles for a third person camera, the creepy music for Explosions!!1! and kept the jump scares (and always to some degree, the bad controls). It's still the same sort of game in the same sort of universe with the same sort of atmosphere and the same sort of problems. It just gets harder to love it with each iteration

I'd have to disagree but my points are purely subjective based on my own experiences.

First, the characters have changed in such a dramatic fashion that it's hard to believe they are ever in danger. They're jacked up on the juice and they would probably find a way to destroy an army of zombies with a butter knife whereas in the first couple of titles they were often shitting their pants. One could say they have become 'desensitized' to the horrors they have seen but I think they took a few too many pointers from Rambo.

Second, co-op / AI buddy. This has been one of the big issues I have had since Zero and that lame character-swapping system but has become much worse. It defeats the purpose of Survival Horror in most cases.

Third, Plaga. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Pattycake, gorilla at NYC's Bronx Zoo, dies at 40 Apr 1, 2013, 09:37 Wallshadows

April Fools!

...oh wait...

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns
23. Re: MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns Mar 31, 2013, 11:35 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 02:56:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 00:34:
This is on par with Blizzard when they brought in RealID and they wanted to charge customers to have access to it but after all the blow-back they received from the community it became a baseline feature.

What are you talking about? No one wanted RealID. The backlash was to get rid of it because they were going to force it on everyone.

Ah yes, I remember that now. They wanted to show your real name on the Blizzard forums and such but there was also pushback from the community when Blizzard first announced it and they might tag on a price in the same way they used to charge for the mobile chat and auction house.

But yeah, that was the biggest problem which came from the whole debacle which was absent in mind as I wrote that.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns
14. Re: MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns Mar 31, 2013, 00:34 Wallshadows

This is on par with Blizzard when they brought in RealID and they wanted to charge customers to have access to it but after all the blow-back they received from the community it became a baseline feature.  

News Comments > Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo
8. Re: Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo Mar 28, 2013, 12:47 Wallshadows

This reminds me of when nVidia was showcasing how a Geforce 3 could render a scene from Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
18. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 12:08 Wallshadows

So I guess all the negativity which encompassed this game prior to the launch by the Blues community has been unfounded.

I am shocked.

News Comments > CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux
4. Re: CONSORTIUM Kickstarter Redux Mar 23, 2013, 18:49 Wallshadows

drschelter wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 16:20:
...and of course we would also be able to produce the t-shirts, posters and other swag we're offering here. "

Silly. Admit to cutting content due to their budget but hey, lets throw money in to merchandising a product which may or may not be financially viable instead of putting every last cent in to content to make a better game.

No wonder they need funding.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 20, 2013, 23:02 Wallshadows

Maybe I'm just not 'getting it' but why the fuck would I spend $9 on Duke Nukem?  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2013, 11:37 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 11:21:
but also introduced a very annoying film grain look

Guess there's not a toggle option?

Thank you for the impressions. I'll grab it for $5-$10 some day...

So far the only option is to use a third-party program and to download it from AVPgalaxy or some-such site. It's so bad saturated on screen that it looks like you're looking through an old-school security camera.

That said, enjoy XCOM! I would recommend Hardcore mode for added 'we're fucked if we mess up' game play.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 Wallshadows

For the handful of us who have bought A:CM, there was a recent patch released which clocked in at nearly 4GB which improved textures, AI, and a bunch of other tidbits.

I decided to try it out and see if the changes actually made a difference and it certainly has. The visuals, while still not as good as the E3 demo, are improved in regards to lighting and textures but also introduced a very annoying film grain look. The new AI provides 'smarter' Aliens which will use the environment to their advantage and special attacks which I've never seen them do before in the campaign which leads to a more difficult campaign.

I'd say it's worth picking up in the bargain bin/Steam sale for $10 if you're really hard-pressed for a game to play.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 16:17 Wallshadows

Colonial Marines will be what makes people buy a Wii U.  

News Comments > WoW Free Character Moves
4. Re: WoW Free Character Moves Mar 14, 2013, 16:12 Wallshadows

Wow, Blackrock is actually a server which is accepting transfers from another server? That's pretty amazing considering how many times the free transfer has been used to transfer players off. I guess Blackrock is no longer full and you don't have to gtfo...

As for merging servers, I can see problems being made in terms of forced name changes and such which is usually one of the big debacles brought up when talked about.

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
13. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 13, 2013, 23:24 Wallshadows

Move over Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster, there's a new name in town.  

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: Morning Q&As Mar 13, 2013, 13:58 Wallshadows

My friend picked up a game card for me to try and get back in to WoW, see the new 5.2 raid, and the Thunder Island so I obliged. I then went to queue in to LFR and after an hour waiting, finally got in. Well, don't you know it, we get to the last boss and as soon as we are about to pull, half the raid drops off and about two minutes later my client is disconnected.

Log back in, I'm no longer in the raid.

Yup. Fuck that, told my friend I can't play a game where those monkeys at Blizzard keep spinning their wheels on content updates which results in more of hot fixes, rolling restarts, crashing, and whatever else it feels like. I dare call them incompetent for being unable to learn from their shitty patching cycle over the past, what, eight years. They've even managed to convince some along the way who actually defend these issues and that's the worst thing about it.

I'll just take my friend out to a nice dinner and call it even.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Mar 12, 2013, 16:37 Wallshadows

I wouldn't have even known if I didn't read about it here.  

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
45. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 13:29 Wallshadows

This is one of those cases where I hope a crack team can come up with a method to allow offline play.

It would be quite interesting and would be the icing on this train wreck.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Mar 9, 2013, 19:29 Wallshadows

Of all the colors in the world, why would you make a graph with three shades of blue and one red...  

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
48. Re: Which free game? Mar 9, 2013, 15:42 Wallshadows

ASeven wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 15:17:
In a way, this means Blue and us regulars are far more important than we think.

Silver lining, my friend! Now can you please pass the jug of Mountain Dew and container of Nutella so I can get back to WoW?

2070 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo