Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2676 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably)
2. Re: Diablo III Season 1 Ends Next Week (Probably) Jan 28, 2015, 10:07 Wallshadows

Ends, like, three months too late and on top of that there's a three week waiting period for ladder season 2. They could have at least had the ladder transition when they dropped the last patch three weeks ago but nah, lets have this convoluted mess of releases.

I don't know what's holding them up. It's not like they're performing another RoS-level of adjustments. The new sets won't be out, the ladder legendary items are absolutely awful, and the patch is already out which contains half a page of changes so how the hell can they not hit a date that's way, waaaaay past due?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
3. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 10:00 Wallshadows

I assume they were all purchased via some form of credit card so couldn't the buyer issue a charge back or is that only allowable within a certain time frame?

Either way, when I go looking for deals, I go to GMG since they usually have a coupon in effect and I know they're legit.

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
31. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 19:49 Wallshadows

The Steam forums for Dying Light just went down for about five minutes and now that it's back up, it looks like a bunch of performance-related threads have simply vanished including the massive 400+ topic which had system info and the posts from the Techland rep.

I can still find the post I made within it but it doesn't show up while browsing the topics. Weird.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2015, 18:45 Wallshadows

I'm sure they'll want some more of these female-lead movies once they realize how much they'll bomb at the box office.

Ghostbusters not having Bill Murray is one thing, this just takes it in to another realm of bullshit I'll never even bother torrenting to see.

10. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 14:47 Wallshadows

I have no doubt that the base game is a great product but I'm in the same camp as Fion. I'm not going to give them money until I see that they're polishing off the game and not sitting on their laurels while patting each other on the back.

Don't let the coupon force your hand in to thinking you're up against time to get the deal either. They always have a savings code which varies between 20% to 25% it seems.

2. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 13:51 Wallshadows

As mentioned in the review section, the game appears to be plagued by performance issues across a wide range of machines regardless of their specifications. Review codes were only sent out today-ish and Total Biscuit noticed that with his review copy, the game ran much slower than before.

Techland has reached out to the community to send them their system information and are looking in to the issue. However, they have not provided an ETA or seem to be aware of what is causing the issue. Attempts to gain performance through decreased settings has little to no effect.

TL;DR - Standard Techland release.

Steam Tinfoil hat TL;DR - Techland sabotaged the PC release.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2015, 12:25 Wallshadows

I just got off Reddit and the Steam forums and, yeah, it seems as though it's mired in performance issues regardless of the system. I don't know if I would laugh or cry if they released the wrong version of the game again as they did with Dead Island.

From what I read, when Total Biscuit did his early impression videos and stuff prior to the release, the game ran fine but once he got a review copy, the game started to tank. I don't know if it's true or not but I do know that Techland is hanging out in the Steam forum asking for spec information and that they're 'working on it' and that the review codes were, in fact, only provided today.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2015, 12:48.

News Comments > Game Reviews
1. Re: Game Reviews Jan 27, 2015, 11:52 Wallshadows

Strange to not see oodles of reviews for Dying Light unless they have a shady embargo where they can't put their review out until after its release? Steam user reviews are consistently positive but I don't trust them when they only have a handful of hours played.

Maybe Techland put on the embargo for an inevitable day one or two patch? I don't know, seems counterproductive for a game which is shaping up to be a great title if those awards and, user reviews, and review excerpts are anything to go by...

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2015, 12:04.

News Comments > 8bitMMO Launches
3. Re: 8bitMMO Launches Jan 27, 2015, 10:52 Wallshadows

That'll be in the DLC.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 27, 2015, 10:33 Wallshadows

Last night, all the maritime provinces were calling for blizzard-conditions but nope, not Yarmouth! You're just going to get a little tiny bit while a place less than an hour away is going to get dumped on like there's no tomorrow!

Probably got 5 - 10cm in total but with all this fucking wind it leaves some spots barren of snow whereas it practically buried my shed in a mega snow drift.

News Comments > 8bitMMO Launches
1. Re: 8bitMMO Launches Jan 27, 2015, 10:26 Wallshadows

Oh boy, another retro game to add to the super saturated pile! Now if only it had voxels and procedural generation to really capture the bloated market theme...  

News Comments > Dying Light Launch Trailer
8. Re: Dying Light Launch Trailer Jan 26, 2015, 22:17 Wallshadows

I'll give it a couple days before I pick it up. Techland doesn't have a great day one record when it comes to in-game bugs and I want some first hand information to confirm if this follows that trend...but mostly because I am on the broke side of things.  

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
2. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 13:16 Wallshadows

We've constructed an exact duplicate of a Cacodemon to see if it could really fly!  

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
13. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 12:39 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 12:19:

Not sure what you're referring to? Link?

Mostly to do with the fiasco surrounding Codehunters and an image within the retail packaging.

Granted, it's a matter of opinion and the art asset's creator wasn't upset but I honestly think Pitchford is a pariah to the industry and I'm never surprised when his studio catches flak for their dodgy actions because it rolls right down from the top.

News Comments > Gearbox Recruiting for "Next Borderlands"
4. Re: Gearbox Recruiting for Jan 26, 2015, 11:16 Wallshadows

Artists? You mean a team which checks google images on what to rip off next?  

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Lady Hammerlock Pack Tomorrow
1. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel: Lady Hammerlock Pack Tomorrow Jan 26, 2015, 11:15 Wallshadows

Seems like this entry has been incredibly ho-hum. Not that I mind.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 22:55 Wallshadows

It was stuffed in olives which I accidentally bought instead of the typical garlic stuffed type. I even tried to remove the cheese and proceeded to rinse out the cavity to at least salvage the olive but, alas, the blue cheese taste and smell became one with it.

I let those olives down.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 20:55 Wallshadows

I just ate blue cheese.

I will never eat blue cheese again.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 25, 2015, 12:40 Wallshadows

It would probably be better if Smedley wasn't busy twirling his evil mustache wondering how the game can be microtransactioned enough to make the base product less engaging and force interesting events through purchases.  

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
9. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 16:15 Wallshadows

I don't think money can fix the problems that plague the ARMA 2 engine. The most that can be done has likely already been achieved in the mod scene with Epoch and, last I heard, the stand-alone has barely anything to compare between the two versions.

They could update to ARMA 3 but I suspect it's a combination of lower system requirements to drive higher sales and sitting on their laurels while money gets shoveled to them hand over fist. I thought ARMA 3 early beta had a conversion of the mod though but I may be wrong.

2676 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo