Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2106 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Halo: Spartan Assault Announced for Windows 8
20. Re: Halo: Spartan Assault Announced for Windows 8 Jun 4, 2013, 13:04 Wallshadows

The most embarrassing part about this is that not only one person thought this was an amazing idea, but a while department.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jun 2, 2013, 19:32 Wallshadows

It was Morrowind yesterday so that means Skyrim is tommorow. Right?  

News Comments > "Major" Path of Exile Patch Next Week
15. Re: Jun 1, 2013, 22:15 Wallshadows

deqer wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 20:35:
Okay, so it's F2P; I didn't know that.

However, I still don't support the idea of BETAs being released and us being testers.

I also don't support the idea of "changes" -- I'd prefer games be released on cartridges that never get updated. Those were the days of solid (and tested) games, that you could become familiar with and not expect changes (changing/resetting your familiarity); such an annoyance.

It's like Microsoft "changing" windows to have no Start button. "change is good" my ass; fact is, it's just annoying. So, stop it.

Are you really trying to defend your asinine post? Because you make it sound as if people are being forced at gunpoint to beta test a product in order to ensure its live release isn't a jumbled up rats nest like the early days of Half Life 2 breaking Steam or Ultima IX: Ascension.

Even Blizzard relies on outside assistance in the form of their PTR system and even they miss tons of bugs or glitches which is why they roll out hotfix after hotfix so what is a company like Grinding Gear Games going to do to even have a chance at testing their product when the end result is a F2P game and they work off donations? They go to the public who are and have been more than happy to assist especially knowing their characters won't be wiped on release.

You remind me of Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 1, 2013, 15:30 Wallshadows

It's a Firefox/Chrome extension which eliminated geographically restricted websites such as Hulu and also defaults Netflix to the American version for us Canucks.

No configuration required, highly recommend it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse May 31, 2013, 23:51 Wallshadows

How about Netflix stops charging the same for the Canadian version as they do for the American version since it has less than half the video library which consists mostly of Bollywood shit. The American version isn't super awesome by any means but it has enough to currently provide me with enough content to view without having to suffer through ad-riddled, 380p video websites.

All I have to say is thank fuck for the Media Hint extension or I would have shitcanned my subscription a long time ago...

News Comments > "Major" Path of Exile Patch Next Week
2. Re: May 31, 2013, 23:44 Wallshadows

I'm glad they'll go ahead with a full respec due to the changes. That shit gets hard to fix when you're deep in to Merciless mode and realize your build sucks after dumping dozens, or even hundreds of hours in to it.

I kind of felt that way about a Elemental Shadow bow build in the mid 60s but was fortunate enough to have saved a bunch of respec skills and runes to salvage what would have otherwise been a wash.

News Comments > ORION: Dino Horde Free Weekend
3. Re: ORION: Dino Horde Free Weekend May 31, 2013, 23:41 Wallshadows

Xero wrote on May 31, 2013, 22:55:
So which is the better of the two? I really don't feel like installing both, lol.

From what I recall, it's essentially the same game but re-released with very, very minor changes to the point that sites such as Metacritic recognize the two as the same title.

They shit the bed with Beat Down and thought they could pass it off with a new name and no one would notice.

News Comments > Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed?
10. Re: Blizzard's Unannounced MMOG Reset and Delayed? May 28, 2013, 20:34 Wallshadows

Blizzard has been going on about increased staffing for their WoW team so I figured something was up given how defensive they used to get when asked why they don't just hire more people to help develop more content at a quicker pace.

I just never would have thought it was this. What would interest me is whether this was a mutual decision between Blizzard and Activision or if one side essentially used veto powers to rebuild from the ground up and if we can expect any sort of fallout because of that.

Stay tuned!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 22, 2013, 14:18 Wallshadows

I hope Judge Otis Wright takes a steaming shit on each of their living room floors and then sleeps with their wives while they are in the clink.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
52. Re: Morning Consolidation May 22, 2013, 14:14 Wallshadows

Sometimes I like to take a bath in marmalade while I rub it all over myself as I cry.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization May 22, 2013, 11:51 Wallshadows

Altered Beast has powered up!  

News Comments > Age of Conan Turning Five
8. Re: Age of Conan Turning Five May 22, 2013, 11:50 Wallshadows

The best thing about this game besides the starting area of Tortuga was the character collision system and you had to move around other players rather than through them...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2013, 16:55 Wallshadows

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 19, 2013, 16:46:
I have a number of friends playing it, and they are also worried about the later instances where you have to get in there and kill someone, but one of the trees has a "full health upon kill".....but might be hard when you are fighting a "boss" and he is the only thing there....

That's basically the Achilles heel to that particular tree/skill. It's great for grinding but, unless the boss spawns tons of adds, it's a waste of a skill for boss encounter.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance May 19, 2013, 15:40 Wallshadows

I thought Ant was being thanked by Yahoo Japan...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2013, 15:29 Wallshadows

My friend plays as the Psycho and it's fun to watch how his mechanics play out depending on the tree he's in. Not sure which skill tree it was, but he would constantly get in to the fight for your life mode and would lob sticks of dynamite until the timer hit zero and insta-gib those around him with the last stick to get second wind. The more people he took with him, the more health back and he was practically chaining this through the entire playthrough. It's interesting though since they have a skill which allows them to also take friendly fire so there is a little bit of coordination required.

For example, you don't really want to kill all the mobs while he is in fight for your life mode or he gets no benefit from it. The other being that you need to accept the fact that his death is part of the mechanic and to not worry with reviving him to get second wind unless all the mobs are already dead.

I'd play it but I'm not going to fork over $10 for a character and I definitely don't feel like giving Gearbox any money.

News Comments > Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team
4. Re: Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team May 19, 2013, 15:18 Wallshadows

These Russians don't wear track pants so you know they mean business.  

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
11. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 10:54 Wallshadows

Being a fan of Republic Commando, I'm interested to see if this is the direction DICE will take since fps/action is their bread and butter.  

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month
4. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month May 14, 2013, 22:41 Wallshadows

I doubt WoW would ever implement a F2P system since they sell the shit out of what would be F2P items in the form of macrotransactions such as mounts and pets on top of a subscription. They're doing quite well with this.

Also, I believe with the way Blizzard is now a publicly traded company, it might scare off too many shareholders and would rather reap the benefits of the current model as opposed to the risk of losing those shareholders due to less dolla dolla bills. Then again, I'm no economist so I could just be talking out of my ass!

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo
6. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 22:33 Wallshadows

Six hours isn't too bad but it depends on how well he is familiar with the game. It would put it in the same neighborhood as RE4 and 5 as far as speed run is concerned but if that's the time after your first or second play-through then it'll easily be one of the shortest RE games which is what I feared since you can only jam so much content in to a GBA cartridge...

I'll buy it but definitely waiting for a hefty sale...

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo
3. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 21:03 Wallshadows

How long do you figure the overall campaign is? Two hours? Four hours?  

2106 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo