Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2468 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 13:42 Wallshadows

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:46:
Have to agree with you on this one. SWTOR is a terrible example.

Terrible, how? It's an entirely self-sustaining title which is still producing content updates at a fairly consistent pace. Just because it doesn't have five million subscribers doesn't mean it's a failure, it simply falls in to a more niche corner of the market mostly due to the franchise it's built on and the same can likely be said about TESO. If anything, one can hope that TESO has the same amount of success as TOR because it's still going strong long after the doomsayers proclaimed it to be a dead game.

The thing about Darks is that he won't listen to anyone and nearly everything he says is either misinformed, contradictory or hypocritical. He tries really hard to prove his point and those who do not see it are assumed idiots in his eyes because they don't fold to his infinite wisdom. He thinks TESO is great, others think it's bad, he goes Super Saiyan defensive, *john madden graph*, and thinks it's okay to rip on TOR the same way people he dislikes rip on TESO.

There may have been a point where he was a reasonable person but it appears he took an arrow to the Prefrontal Cortex.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2015, 13:49.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 12:42 Wallshadows

Waiting for it to go on sale for $10 - $15 and then I'd check it out. Kind of surprised they didn't have a deep flash sale to celebrate the transition by bringing in more players on the fence due to the price of admission in to questionable territories.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2015, 12:29 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:16:
Finally got around to Interstellar last night and was happy to see outside of a few stupid moments and some Hollywoodisms that it lived up to the hype. The movie was almost 3 hours long but I didn't really mind. I remember reading complaints about complexity when it come out but I thought It was much more approachable than Inception which was an unnecessarily dense movie for such a simple plot.

I enjoyed Interstellar although it really jumped ship once they decided to turn Matt Damon in to a Bond villain. Not the best movie I've ever seen but it definitely gave me something to look forward to in this recent drought of even 'okay' movies where the amount of good movies compared to the amount of awful movies I've seen in the past several months is definitely one-sided with no chance to balance it in sight.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 16, 2015, 11:15 Wallshadows

I like how on that table they put years by the hundreds for sentencing and then after 300 is simply puts 'life'. Methuselah would be fucked.

Edit: Months, not years, Methuselah is safe.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2015, 14:40 Wallshadows

Is it recommended even for someone who hasn't played a city builder since SimCity 3 and could never make sustainable cities beyond a handful of buildings?  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 15, 2015, 14:28 Wallshadows

Can anyone recommend better options to watch US/UK Netflix from Canada? I've tried Hola and ZenMate but they're both incredibly shitty when it comes to offering a consistent uptime and ZenMate just absolutely destroys my browsing speed on top of it. I don't just mean slowness in general but there are often times when there is absolutely no activity for 30 seconds or more.

Driving me absolutely wild.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2015, 19:34 Wallshadows

Flatline wrote on Mar 13, 2015, 18:09:
Out of curiosity, is Borderlands Pre-Sequel worth the 30 bucks that it goes for occasionally? I'm kind of burned out on borderlands at this point, and have been waiting for a deep Far Cry 4 sale moreso, but a mindless shoot-em-up either way would be fun.

From my understanding, it's not as good as Borderlands 2 and might be the weakest entry in the series as far as story and location are concerned. If you're burned out on Borderlands, I don't think TPS will provide you with any kind of second-wind even if it has more Handsome Jack. It seems like it should have been DLC and then they just blew it up to a fully-fledged title without properly addressing the size in regards to content and polish.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2015, 17:10 Wallshadows

It's also on sale on the Humble Bundle site for $17.

He says with the Humble Bundle link taking you there.

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
11. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 11:23 Wallshadows

"Nearly 700% better than Evolve!" should be Digital Extreme's new slogan for Warframe.  

News Comments > New Killing Floor 2 Video Diary
4. Re: New Killing Floor 2 Video Diary Mar 12, 2015, 22:06 Wallshadows

I've always been on the fence about buying KF, even when it went on sale for 5$ but I have been really impressed with what they've been doing with the sequel. Even their plot-hole ridden kind-of-awful-live-action Killing Floor mini-episode was entertaining.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2015 Announced
1. Re: BlizzCon 2015 Announced Mar 12, 2015, 19:55 Wallshadows

If it's anything like the one from last year, I wouldn't even buy a virtual ticket. Just hang around MMO-C and you get what you need for free or look for free streams like Tassadar Online.  

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Footage
1. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Gameplay Footage Mar 12, 2015, 19:05 Wallshadows

$15 on GMG VIP.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha Mar 12, 2015, 19:03 Wallshadows

"Tactical". I guess we'll have to see about that.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 12, 2015, 18:04 Wallshadows

I remember a swatting incident took place with a streamer and the cops discovered his pot stash of up to 500 grams or some such thing. Sucks to be that guy. There was another incident where a Counter Strike streamer got swatted, and caught it on camera. Hard to tell if there was a no-knock warrant but it didn't take them long to breach the door and come in guns drawn and shouting orders.

Can't really blame the cops though. If they get a tip that someone has a bomb and will be using it to blow up a school or some shit, I'd rather have them act on that information than discredit it or wait and see what happens. Just recently, the cops foiled a plan by three teenagers who wanted to shoot up the Halifax Shopping Center and it was brought to their attention by a single tip-off.

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Mar 11, 2015, 20:35 Wallshadows

Daikatana is on sale for a buck thirty four at GMG. Get it while it lasts!  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2015, 17:12 Wallshadows

I'm pretty god damn excited about what Alan Tudyk is doing. 140% funded with 30 days left. I'd rather see this break crowd-funding records than that stupid card game.

Also, isn't the HBO platform going live this month with options outside of Apple shortly after? I haven't paid much attention to the news about it, just blurbs, but it'd come out to be the same as if I bought the package through Shaw but with the benefit of free range over their library. Game of Thrones having a simultaneous worldwide release helps it too as far as availability outside of the torrent world.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2015, 17:23.

News Comments > Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue?
4. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 10, 2015, 20:04 Wallshadows

Collector's Edition comes with a Codex Astar...oh, THAT Warhammer...  

News Comments > Dying Light Hard Mode & DLC Released
1. Re: Dying Light Hard Mode & DLC Released Mar 10, 2015, 20:00 Wallshadows

Even if I wanted to play it, I get a BSOD without any text about ten minutes in to playing it which only sprang up after the second update. Can play any other game just fine and my processor tops out at 46c while being Primed so I doubt it's that.

Maybe I need to show it I still love it after calling it names.

News Comments > Descent Reboot Kickstarter
8. Re: Descent Reboot Kickstarter Mar 10, 2015, 19:40 Wallshadows

I thought Interplay went kaput like three or four times and finally died some time ago? Are they just a shell company now and being dicks about their IPs?  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2015, 18:02 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2015, 17:12:
Been 30 years since a good Thing movie came out. One of the greatest horror movies ever, so if this comes close, that's not a bad thing.

The way I see it is that the move to the digital age with CGI out the ass has essentially killed the alien/creature feature horror genre because they look like shit, the sets aren't organic, and devolve in to over-the-top closing acts to compensate for a poor story payoff.

I'm fearful of what the next Alien film will be like, even with Neil Blomkamp helming it. All I can picture are shitty looking Xenos which totally remove me from the film and make me want to cry on H.R. Giger's behalf.

2468 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo