Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2177 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 13, 2014, 18:40 Wallshadows

The only good RE movies are the two animated films which 90% of the fans aren't even aware of existing. All this shit that Paul W.S. Anderson worked on tarnished the series more than anything ever could have so I hope it's a clean reboot rather than build on whatever the hell they have planned for the, what, sixth movie or something?

The last entry I 'saw' was when shitty model actress #1923 started to gain psionic powers while on the set of Mad Max and I just stopped. It was hard enough getting through the second movie and then to see that, I'm so far out of caring for this series that I can have a disco party on the rings of Saturn.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Final Fantasy XIV GOTY Edition Next Month
1. Re: Final Fantasy XIV GOTY Edition Next Month Oct 13, 2014, 18:32 Wallshadows

FF14 is the only MMO I have ever played where it won't honor the remaining time on your subscription after you cancel the game. I had about half a month left when I canceled my subscription and it may as well have told me to fuck off.  

News Comments > Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer
9. Re: Firefly Online Bonus Content; Trailer Oct 13, 2014, 14:58 Wallshadows

The real question is whether or not I can visit Jaynestown to rob from the rich and then give to the poor.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 13, 2014, 12:15 Wallshadows

Go Go PC Port!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 16:06 Wallshadows

I assume it's on the local drive but I would be damn happy if it goes to one of them there clouds! I'll just reinstall it over night and hope for the best.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 12, 2014, 15:25 Wallshadows

I had to run a system restore on my system because Windows kept on hanging at the start up screen likely caused by a driver shitting the bed. When I finally got back to my desktop, I went to fire up A:I and noticed it was greyed out.

My system restore did something I never thought was possible and removed the game and thus my save files. So now I have to spend another eight hours to download and play catch up for another seven or so and I just don't feel up to doing it right now.

Sort of extinguished the flame of wanting to play the game for now.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 12, 2014, 01:09 Wallshadows

I never understood how Nielsen ratings worked. How can watching TV relay information back to say that I am and how is that information measured based on channel surfing or watching the program? I mean, if I stumble across Vision TV because it's there, does someone in a booth get an erection because they now have one viewer? How do they even get the age range down?  

News Comments > Resident Evil REmake Trailer
8. Re: Resident Evil REmake Trailer Oct 11, 2014, 21:25 Wallshadows

I've seen Revelations go as low as $12 on Steam (more now that it converts to Canadian right from the get go) so if it goes any further down, I'll likely give it a shot. I'll see about doing the same for ORC although it seems as though that's just stuffed in to the abyss and I never see anything about it for quite some time to know when it's on sale.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
11. Re: Saturday Interviews Oct 11, 2014, 16:27 Wallshadows

Chris Cooper is the only other person I can think of that fills in his roll as being the angry person as Michael Ironside is to being just a pure badass.  

News Comments > More Trion DDoS Attacks
4. Re: More Trion DDoS Attacks Oct 11, 2014, 16:23 Wallshadows

Ten bucks says it's an internal broadcast storm with pictures of cats.  

6. Re: Resident Evil REmake Trailer Oct 11, 2014, 15:59 Wallshadows

It's the classic titles which I prefer ten fold over everything after Code Veronica. I enjoyed moving like a tank, the pre-rendered back grounds (although CV did not use this method), stiff cameras, loading doors, and Umbrella as the big bad corporation. 4, 5, and 6 sucked the life out of the series by turning it in to a mindless action series with atrocious over-the-top stories, QTEs, and locations but at least 6 had its moments in the early Leon campaign when you were street level in Washington.

Everyone turned in to Billy Biceps and there are ammunition gnomes who seem to drop a case of bullets far too often to ever feel a sense of dread for your survival.

I never played ORC because of its poor reception but I am willing to bet that I would find more enjoyment in that than I did in the last three entries to the series since it's somewhat of a throwback to the first three entries. Zero was bad because it was mired with a shitty character that was Billy and the swap system in spite of location nostalgia. I still haven't played Revelations though, mostly because I think the series has just gone too far out of it's roots to enjoy it anymore.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2014, 16:15.

1. Re: Resident Evil REmake Trailer Oct 11, 2014, 13:06 Wallshadows

Wow, it really is a remake right down to the roots of loading doors.

I like!

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 10, 2014, 20:18 Wallshadows

That's not really a state of the game report which I was expecting. That's just a preview of what's to come.  

News Comments > Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin
5. Re: Dragon Age - Origins Free on Origin Oct 8, 2014, 19:41 Wallshadows

Origin is a part of EA and EA is a part of my shit list so even when they do this, there's no way I'll bite. They could have a box of kittens included and I still wouldn't budge.

It baffles my friends who don't understand my zero EA stance and every time they get pissed off with them, they'll get mad, say they've sworn off EA but immediately fold like a house of damp cards when a carrot gets dangled in front of them. It's like an abusive relationship.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 7, 2014, 12:27 Wallshadows

Runs great on Ultra with my modest system:

Phenom II B50 @ 3.4ghz
ATI 7850 2GB
12GB Ram

But that may be due to running the game at 1680x1050 like a cave man. The 200 series it advertises as recommended seems like overkill for 1080p if that is the targeted resolution.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 7, 2014, 12:24 Wallshadows

So this is their third game which has graphics purposely fucked?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 23:36 Wallshadows

Yeahh, I'll just wait and play this tomorrow. After seeing the first locker that you can hide in, I realized that shit was likely about to get real, real soon.  

17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 21:52 Wallshadows

DangerDog wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 20:56:
It's appearance is scripted in the sense that on every playthrough you'll get to a point in the game and it'll be there, when it's walking around hunting you though I guess you could say that's random but the game is on rails and is scripted to tell a narrative story.

If you were expecting to have free run of the space station while having an Alien around it's not that kind of game.

I've read consistent reports that as you're playing the game, the Alien will not rely on triggers to spawn and is fairly dynamic. One example which I came across was a player who had to reload from a save point multiple times and came across the Alien in an otherwise safe zone from his previous attempts.

Although I do get where you're coming from as far as being on rails since it has a story to follow with scripted events within it. It's kind of like Deus Ex Human Revolution with forced boss battles when you were otherwise doing a stealth play through.

I'll find out for myself soon though, just about done installing!

14. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 20:30 Wallshadows

I bought it and will be able to play it in about an hour and a half so hopefully I can throw in my two cents in regards to the game for those who may be on the fence about it.

As for them standing, I think it only looks odd because we're usually focused on the head and upper torso of the creature with the exception of when they're in the hunching, coming-outta-the-goddamn-walls shots but that has more to do with the fast-paced action of Aliens rather than the slow, stalking Xeno we saw in Alien which was upright in certain shots. Will admit though that they look kind of less menacing when standing.

This comment was edited on Oct 6, 2014, 20:43.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 13:46 Wallshadows

Uhh...but..uhh..uhhh...this game won't have the numbers to survive and is dying.

I don't know why but I've been getting a feeling to reinstall the game and see how much it has changed even though this is a pretty jam-packed part of the month as far as gaming is concerned between SoM and AI.

2177 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo