Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2009 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
10. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 12:30 Wallshadows

Set in the year 2018 and Garrett is now a Cyborg. Featuring Inception bwaaaaa noises, bright lights to distract the viewer, and dubstep.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Updated
8. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 1, 2014, 15:09 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 13:57:
Not everything has to be an ultra casual Facebook-game-in-MMO-format.

I managed to get Pyralos down with a combination of luck and using a swoop method when some Exiles were about to fail it with two barrels left. One got punted off while the other seemed to disconnect and was eating the aoe telegraphs like a champ. I maintain, however, that that part of the attunement chain is simply punishing due to poor design rather than a legitimate challenge when you don't have the luxury to solo it or get lucky as I did after many, many failed attempts due to 'overcrowding' with two or more players.

It wasn't very satisfying to complete it in such a way but at that point it was just so frustrating that I took what I could get.

But yes, Wildstar can and does provide a fair bit of actual challenge while playing as opposed to simply turning your face off and still fall in to loot. I feel as though this game will maintain its curve of difficulty and will retain a niche market of those who are fed up with MMOs which hold your hand and reward mediocrity.

News Comments > WildStar Updated
3. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 1, 2014, 12:05 Wallshadows

Frijoles wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 11:25:
I don't mind the game, but can't see spending $15 a month on it. Wish they had gone the GW2 direction so I could login in bursts here and there every few weeks.

So don't pay a monthly sub. Farm/make crafting materials as you grind and you'll have enough to buy a CREDD. I won't have to pay for my sub for another Five months and that's from selling the things I've come across that don't rely on RNG to make a big sale like some of the Amps or epic BoE items. I'm not broke either, just spending platinum to make platinum.

Even now with the higher CREDD prices, it's still easy to get one or two CREDD within your free 30 days and keep that trend up as long as you play the game somewhat consistently which you should be doing if you're interested in it. It's not completely F2P like GW2 after you factor in the box price unless you have CREDD stored for a rainy day but it's a great combination of both styles and should be an industry standard at this point with MMO titles that otherwise have a subscription.

News Comments > GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement
5. Re: GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement Jun 30, 2014, 12:34 Wallshadows

What kind of controversy is the KS undergoing? Is it one of those cases where they are offering big, big things but only have images pulled from Google to showcase their concept art?  

News Comments > WoW: Warlords of Draenor Beta Underway
4. Re: WoW: Warlords of Draenor Beta Underway Jun 29, 2014, 15:53 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 14:49:
I'm glad I'm liking the changes they've been making in Warlords, because all I can seem to do in Wildstar is jump around the capital city waiting forever to get picked for attunement. I'll be able to clear WoD raids before I even get into one in Wildstar.

I was surprised to finally get Pyralos down after trying on and off at various hours over the course of four days due to how much bullshit surrounds it between bugging out and there being more than two players always trying to get it done at the same time.

As for WoD, I'll resub to it when it goes live but until then, I picked up more than enough titles to keep me busy on top of Wildstar for its inevitable (lets be honest) December release.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
40. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 22:47 Wallshadows

Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:43:
Really? Strange, as in unexpected? In the US 30% of adults say they take the Bible literally, and believe in creationism and an earth that's less than 10,000 years old. Religion is a very influential factor. Would sexual orientation be an issue at all if the churches weren't banging that drum to their devotees?

I was wondering today what would happen if scholars unearthed ancient scripture written by someone in the Bible that the Apostles jerked each other off as Jesus watched just to pass time. Would they accept it or would they conveniently ignore it like much of the book they thump as fact.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 25, 2014, 13:46 Wallshadows

We don't recognize these players as professional athletes but lets still host 512 World Poker Tournaments in Vegas with worldwide coverage.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 24, 2014, 22:12 Wallshadows

If Metzen wants it, they'll find a way to do it.  

News Comments > DICE on Bad Company 3: "Wait and See"
1. Re: DICE on Bad Company 3: Jun 24, 2014, 09:56 Wallshadows

They're just waiting on Hardline to tank before finally 'listening' to the fans and then we'll get the third title within a year.  

News Comments > PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up
12. Re: PC Dead Rising 3 Date; 30-FPS Follow-up Jun 20, 2014, 00:01 Wallshadows

So this game has arguably some of the steepest recommended requirements around, possibly minimum as well, and it's being knee capped at 30fps? Wait, you mean to tell me those requirements released only took in to account playing this game at 30fps?

What's needed to play it at 60? A Titan super-computer?

News Comments > Alien Isolation About 15 Hours
19. Re: Alien Isolation About 15 Hours Jun 18, 2014, 14:35 Wallshadows

They factored in the additional time spent with the player only taking three steps an hour to get by the super creepy stuff.

The game is really just one hallways with air vents and a box blocking your way.

News Comments > Deus Ex Universe Online Hint?
14. Re: Deus Ex Universe Online Hint? Jun 18, 2014, 14:31 Wallshadows

Featuring a new co-op concept where each player controls a limb on Adam Jensen to go find more gold screen filters scattered across the world.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 "Right Around the Corner"
3. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Jun 18, 2014, 00:19 Wallshadows

About time they're adding season ladders. Now the big question is how long they'll last before being reset and whether or not each new season will offer a consistent number of new unique items.  

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
3. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 10:20 Wallshadows

Wildone wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:51:
As long as they make it for consoles with dumbed down graphics, lots of quicktime events & bad boss fights- count me IN!!!!!!!!!!!

If it ain't in the handheld market, count me out!

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
11. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 18:42 Wallshadows

Watched the trailer. Cannot unwatch the trailer.

Honestly, why would I have any desire to play this game when I can get the whole experience for free on Planetside 2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 21:49 Wallshadows

Quinn wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 19:05:
I'm one among the perhaps now rare breed of gamers that buy a 1,5k per 3 years PC for quality stuff like The Witcher 3, instead of Minecraft and Commander Keen HD... Early Access kickstarter.

I'm with you there but only to a certain point. I don't really care about this 8-bit or voxel shovelware era we've been seeing steadily increase. They we're neat back when Darwinia sort of broke through in to the mainstream market but now you can't scroll through the Steam front page without seeing numerous $4.99 games which should be free browser titles.

However, I can't go so far as to say I drop that much money on a new system every three years mostly due to my budget. Don't get me wrong, I would if I could but I generally build a machine that'll do the job for some time before I eventually do an overhaul or upgrade certain components.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 15:24 Wallshadows

Seems like a pretty standard list...until the Resident Evil entry. Is it on some kind of super amazing deal? Should I take five seconds to find out?

Stay tuned!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 20:16 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:30:
Note: if you're using AdBlocker Plus or anything else that disables cookies, you're going to need to turn that off before you'll be able to opt out.

Derp quote of the day.

We really need a Quote of the Day/Week/Month hanging at the top of the site. Memories of VE.

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
5. Re: Carmack-Free QuakeCon Jun 12, 2014, 20:13 Wallshadows

Lets talk about mega textures!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2014, 20:09 Wallshadows

Maybe it's a propulsion system which runs off all the garbage in space.  

2009 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo