Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2675 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Diablo III 2.3.0 Details
5. Re: More Diablo III 2.3.0 Details Aug 14, 2015, 20:39 Wallshadows

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 14, 2015, 19:15:
Ever play any MMO with an expansion? Get top gear, new expansion comes out, top gear becomes trash. Rinse, repeat.

Expansion? Did you even bother to read the first sentence? If anything, Blizzard has been doing about as good a job as they can to buff the bottom line to bring build diversity with new sets and items with each season patch. The only builds which have been hit are those which were tied to crowd control and I'd argue that that's for the better so GRs can become something more than two Demon Hunters, a Crusader spamming Shield Glare, and a Witch Doctor spamming Horrify.

I mean, the diversity is still shit when compared to Path of Exile, but at least Barbarians have more than one viable high GR build and Crusaders are going Hammertime.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 14, 2015, 19:03 Wallshadows

Mine came with an integrated Killer adapter but I never bought in to the marketing they threw out. The only good thing about it is the software which shows bandwidth usage and network stuff without having to go in to my router.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Details
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Details Aug 13, 2015, 17:55 Wallshadows

Well, they really ruined the Revenant now. Why the hell can't I channel Tybalt and sell apples.  

News Comments > The Cat Machine Released
2. Re: The Cat Machine Released Aug 13, 2015, 17:49 Wallshadows

GOTY contender along with NotGTAV  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following Trailer
12. Re: Dying Light: The Following Trailer Aug 13, 2015, 17:15 Wallshadows

I really don't mind driving if the location suits it and doesn't detract from the parkour system. If anything, it'd be awesome if driving was a kind of trap if used in an urban environment due to obstacles and the sound of the vehicle attracting hordes of zombies. I wonder how long it'll take for a tank to be modded in...

Nice to see open environments too to bring a little more location diversity.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
8. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 13, 2015, 08:47 Wallshadows

It may as well should be a reboot of the entire franchise since the lore would be fucked up and most of the interesting characters are or will be dead.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 12, 2015, 14:25 Wallshadows

Is H1Z1 still pay-to-win-unless-you're-too-slow-and-wasted-money?  

News Comments > Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed
3. Re: Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed Aug 12, 2015, 13:42 Wallshadows

They should just turf Zero and put all that extra time and money in to two.  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 4 Preview
8. Re: Diablo III Season 4 Preview Aug 12, 2015, 00:27 Wallshadows

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 11, 2015, 22:40:
I spent the first month or so of this past season playing a Barb with the new Wrath of the Wastes set... It's really fucking awesome. Spin to win, high speed clearing with AOE that blankets the entire screen, plus capable of pushing GR50+ solo if you pair it with the 4-piece Immortal King set bonus that lets you be in berserker mode AND have those ancient allies with you the whole time. Strongest build I've ever played, even more so than the Maurader set for DH was before they nerfed it. (Sorry, "re-worked" it. :P) I don't even have fully optimized gear for it, either.

I'm wondering what cool new builds will be enabled with this new patch, season... Condemn Crusader was my Season 2.

Yeah, bringing WW back in to the scene in proper fashion was pretty awesome but the overpowered nature of it really caused some earlier-than-expected burn out on my part because I was literally spinning my way over my previous GR records by leaps and bounds by holding down a single button with the odd break to revive my pets or reapply a shout.

I've been looking forward to the Crusader Hammerdin set since even before it was announced and will be going for this season but I'm unsure as to whether it will have a solid mobility combination since it relies on stop-casting to keep pace with the more fluid, mobile builds which are often the most popular. Maybe the set bonus to Falling Sword, Steed Charge and some good 'ol fashion CDR will make it keep up with at least a slow non-BK WW Barbarian.

News Comments > WildStar Free-to-Play Closed Beta
1. Re: WildStar Free-to-Play Closed Beta Aug 11, 2015, 09:55 Wallshadows

I'm pretty sure I still have a few CREDD in my bags. Wonder what will happen to those?  

News Comments > Square Enix Open to Anachronox Pitches Now; Tomb Raider Eventually
5. Re: Square Enix Open to Anachronox Pitches Now; Tomb Raider Eventually Aug 11, 2015, 00:35 Wallshadows

With David Duchovny?  

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
16. A passion for games with a deep understanding of the Diablo franchise. Aug 11, 2015, 00:29 Wallshadows

If they went by that requirement in the first place, the game would be in a much better position rather than frantically throwing bandaids at it which have a lasting appeal of about a week.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown
32. Re: Star Citizen Multi-Crew Shown Aug 7, 2015, 23:15 Wallshadows

So at what point do you think they're going to sell it off to Activision or Electronic Arts to wash their hands of this mess?  

News Comments > John Wick VR Game Announced
4. Re: John Wick VR Game Announced Aug 7, 2015, 21:34 Wallshadows

In this case, I would love to have more John Wick.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2015, 14:18 Wallshadows

What the fuck is a commercial - John Oliver  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Announced
15. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 17:12 Wallshadows

LiTh wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 16:11:
Melee Demon Hunter....as opposed to Ranged Demon Hunter from D3....just how do they come up with these new and original idea's? The new Blizzard-Activision has integrity and forethought when it comes it its fanbase! /s

Because they're both comparable products and The Illidari Demon Hunters who we'll be a part of are known to train at the top of the Black Temple with hand-crossbows, grenades, and turrets right? Unless your sarcasm tag was for the whole thing then I'll feel bad about myself for biting.

On another note, there are 36 total Artifact weapons and each weapon has several tiers of customization so even if every Retribution Paladin has an Ashbringer, they won't all be the same. It really waters down the flavor of the weapon though and it makes one wonder how we'll be able to wield it unless Tirion is out of the picture.

9. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 14:48 Wallshadows

I hope the shocking event which Alex describes is that Thrall dies. I wouldn't even be mad, just take him away and have Aggra eaten by a Kodo.  

6. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 14:26 Wallshadows

For once they're sticking to the lore though and having Demon Hunters Night Elf and Blood Elf only.  

2. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 14:06 Wallshadows

The salt mines are open for business!

But really, after Warlords, I'll reserve judgement until two weeks after it goes live because they've burned all their believability when they passed off Warlords as the next greatest thing. I am happy that it involves the Legion and it's back to our universe though.

Meanwhile, Warlords is likely going to be a thing for another year or so which is bad news bears for their bottom line.

News Comments > Battleborn in February; New Characters Revealed
2. Re: Battleborn in February; New Characters Revealed Aug 6, 2015, 10:48 Wallshadows

The co-op, characters, and design make me say yes but being a Gearbox Software game makes me say no. no no no no no no.  

2675 Comments. 134 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo