Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2968 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
4. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 18, 2016, 11:55 Wallshadows

Yup.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Medieval II: Total War for OS X & Linux
1. Re: Medieval II: Total War for OS X & Linux Jan 14, 2016, 18:28 Wallshadows

For a moment there I thought about Sir Daniel Fortesqu rising from the grave one more time.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2016, 11:07 Wallshadows

2016: the year of the dead and the dying. Holy shit.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Legion Alpha Returns
2. Re: World of Warcraft Legion Alpha Returns Jan 13, 2016, 22:52 Wallshadows

Glad they added Shaman to the build now if only they coughed up the Destruction spec.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
7. Re: Diablo III Patched Jan 13, 2016, 09:40 Wallshadows

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 01:13:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 22:29:
Wanted to play Firebirds.
Saw this.
Wanted to play Thorns Crusader
Saw this
*YAWN*

I don't know what to play. I don't even feel that excited about it, really. I'll play to see the new zone and, to my disappointment, likely witness Druids being groomed for new class instead of Necromancer.

Who gives a fuck what the no-lifer leaderboard toppers can do with a build? You can knock at least 5-10 GR levels off of those estimates purely for not having 1000 Paragon, another 5 for not spending endless hours cultivating the very best stats on all of your gear, another 5 for not having a perfect Hellfire or immunity ammy... Not to mention the fact that builds meant for pushing the highest GRs often are not the most enjoyable to play or efficient in farming normal rifts, might require a specific group composition to support it, etc.

I can agree with this but only to a certain point when it comes to the bottom line of a build's ability. Take all of those no-life perks away and you've simply moved the problem to appear sooner rather than later. If you like TX farming, it's great but it's not the best and if you like GRs it's okay but not great.

Typical Blizzard balancing though. Buffing Firebirds to become competitive since it fell out of favour then gradually built it a coffin before being put to rest in more or less the same state as it was.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2016, 22:47 Wallshadows

It'll be hard to fuck up Desert Bus but, if anyone can do it, It's Randy and Shitbox Software.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
3. Re: Diablo III Patched Jan 12, 2016, 22:29 Wallshadows

Wanted to play Firebirds.
Saw this.
Wanted to play Thorns Crusader
Saw this
*YAWN*

I don't know what to play. I don't even feel that excited about it, really. I'll play to see the new zone and, to my disappointment, likely witness Druids being groomed for new class instead of Necromancer.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 12, 2016, 14:28 Wallshadows

Linus Tech Tips has a video guide where he explains and puts together an eight core Xeon system for ~$150. Ran most games like a champ...

...but that could be due to the GTX 980 he mounted on it...

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2016, 11:02 Wallshadows

Really sucks to hear about our beloved Goblin King but at least he didn't have to see or hear about Ricky Gervais being retarded at the awards last night which likely gave me some kind of cancer.

I don't even watch awards but I was surfing and caught a glimpse of Katy Perry's barely-covered tits and it sort of stayed on in the background while I was sitting at my desk and I couldn't believe someone didn't go on stage and beat the shit out of him.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
22. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 9, 2016, 12:23 Wallshadows

Looks very unnecessary.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
8. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 7, 2016, 09:14 Wallshadows

The problem I have with Grim Dawn is it feels like everything is for nothing. The community is small and it just feels too far under the shadow of Path of Exile and Diablo for me to really sink my claws in to. If I want a better baselone ARPG, I'll play PoE and if I want better combat, I'll play Diablo.

I recently gave GD the best attempt I have ever done and hit level 30 with a Stormbringer Druid build but by then I was practically out of all ambition to continue. I wasn't really a fan of Titan's Quest either so this is likely where that lack of interest stems from.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 7, 2016, 08:51 Wallshadows

Regional restrictions are bullshit anyway, especially for movies.

I run Hola and cycle through three or four different sources but I am steadily becoming less in favor of maintaining a subscription to the point where I am starting to watch two-star programs to justify the monthly subscription.

Hola can be a pain in the ass though as it'll sometimes refresh the browser on its own while on Netflix. I've also tried ZenMate for the added security over Hola but the speed hit is fairly noticeable on my garbage connection while browsing so I usually keep it off and run additional browser security.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview
1. Re: Diablo III 2.4.0 Preview Jan 6, 2016, 21:54 Wallshadows

I'll give it an honest two weeks before shelving it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2016, 10:01 Wallshadows

There should be some kind of yearly trophy award to give. Something like the Aluminum rod from Festivus.  

News Comments > PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive
16. Re: PC Killer Instinct a Windows 10 Exclusive Jan 3, 2016, 20:02 Wallshadows

Without having read the article, I can say that I already smell the DLC.  

News Comments > Garry's Mod Sells 10M
6. Re: Garry's Mod Sells 10M Jan 3, 2016, 19:58 Wallshadows

I'd like to say 'good for him' but the dude is a twat who had a boner for paid mods on Steam and another douchey thing which escapes me at the moment.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 13:53 Wallshadows

PHJF wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 12:23:
Season Six Of Game Of Thrones Will Air Before Sixth Book Is Finished

I wasn't aware there was ever any indication it would be otherwise?

Same. I seem to recall HBO saying how the next book will be an adaptation of season six rather than the other way around but I could be wrong.

News Comments > New Brutal Doom
5. Re: New Brutal Doom Jan 2, 2016, 13:47 Wallshadows

I'm not sure if I should be more impressed with how great it looks or how bad V20 ran.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2016, 16:03 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 15:40:
Yeah, that sucks. I guess no one was hurt? At least they caught the fucker. Was he insured?

No one was hurt, well, I don't know about dickhead. I'm not sure if he was insured but my brother's insurer is providing a rental pro bono and will be doing what insurance companies do behind the scenes.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2016, 13:18 Wallshadows

Pigeon wrote on Jan 1, 2016, 13:07:
I noticed some fresh scratches on my car from last night, which I'm none too pleased about, so I imagine pissed off is probably beyond what your bro is feeling. While I enjoy alcohol I hate much of the culture surrounding it; it's unfortunate so many view it as an idol.

He's actually not that upset. He got sold what was essentially a grade above Lemon from Honda as it was constantly breaking down once he took ownership so I joked to him that his burden has finally been put to rest since it's a write-off. The owner of the new car, on the other hand, is likely furious and rightly so.

Living in a fishing community, drunk drivers are about as common as teenage pregnancies and even if you kill someone while doing so, here's six months probation. I'm not even making that part up so unless the owner of the car is a Judge or someone important, nothing substantial will come of it as far as punishment is concerned.

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2016, 13:26.

2968 Comments. 149 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo