Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2612 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. World of Warcraft Fury of Hellfire: 6.2 Patch Notes Jun 23, 2015, 18:02 Wallshadows

And the crowd goes mild!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Phantom Dust “not cancelled but not in active development,” says Microsoft Jun 22, 2015, 17:45 Wallshadows

Maybe they're waiting on the Phantom to come out.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted Jun 22, 2015, 14:14 Wallshadows

Isn't AMD generally reactive to optimization rather than proactive when it comes to cooperating with developers though?  

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 20, 2015, 17:56 Wallshadows

I don't know what I was doing but apparently I got to level 20,590.

Edit: I'm a mere peasant since it goes up to level 100,000,000.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2015, 18:19.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 14:06 Wallshadows

Drayth wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 13:49:
They're claiming that the expansion is worth $50. The base game isn't a factor in the pricing, they're just throwing it in.

Edit: Not saying I agree with this. But hey, I haven't followed anything concerning this expansion. If it adds twice the content, and revises the game mechanics to make it feel like a fresh new game that's totally addictive, well ok....
(I'd be willing to bet that's not the case)

Which is fine if the base game had little to no cost attached to it on its own. However, it's still regularly ~$30 or more outside of the odd sale and that seems to be a lot of money to throw away and all the sudden become a freebie.

Either they're soaking new players now by the outside-of-sale price tag or old players later by claiming the base game is free but here's a $50 expansion for one, three-tiered zone which has no new dungeons (as of yet).

11. Re: Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 13:40 Wallshadows

Keilun wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 13:28:
The difference in this case is that they're not changing an existing product, rather they're just bundling the base game with the expansion. And that leaves the sentiment that they're purchasing the base game again, but it would be no different than expansion pack bundles that you'd see on Steam (like Borderlands Gold edition).

There is a difference between this and, say, Steam offering a bundle though. Using Borderlands GOTY edition as an example, it's on sale as a whole but that sale also applies to the individual DLC titles released for it whereas GW2 is being hardbundled in to an expansion which is likely affecting the base price with no way of separating the two.

8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 13:26 Wallshadows

I can't see how or why they are unable to release the expansion as a standalone title. After Jacobvandy pointed out that it includes both the base and expansion several days ago, it leaves a pretty bitter taste in my mouth because I would essentially be paying for files already installed on my computer. Even if the base game only has a $10 value (which it has gone to multiple times), it's still too much for someone who already owns it and has an impact on the final price which I felt was too high.

If they want to attract new players, permanently reduce the standard base game to $10 and $15 for the Collector's Edition and break down the base expansion to 40$ and go from there.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Launch Trailer
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Launch Trailer Jun 17, 2015, 22:01 Wallshadows

Is the correct music genre which litters Square titles and trailers referred to as JPop? Because it all has a very distinguishing sound and that sound is when I usually hit the mute button.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2015, 17:02 Wallshadows

Quitting is easy. I've done it several times.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Preorders
8. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of the Storm Preorders Jun 17, 2015, 12:12 Wallshadows

50$ seems pretty steep price of entry considering it's adding a single zone whereas the base game was roughly the same price. Even worse (for me) is that it's a damn jungle which is, on top of that, three tiers high. Jungle maps are always the worst.

I'll wait for the inevitable GMG 20% - 25% preorder sale.

News Comments > Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled
3. Re: Dishonored Game Announcement Accidentally Spoiled Jun 14, 2015, 13:41 Wallshadows

Reinstalled Dishonored a week or so ago and plan to give it another go.  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
5. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 11, 2015, 17:22 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 16:21:
They've really been going overboard with these character vids. I guess the plan is to do one for each?

More than likely. Gives an idea of how each class plays from a first-person perspective rather than just reading their abilities or being told through second-hand information while hyping their game.

It's the same thing for Heroes of the Storm for new characters. Maybe all, i'm not sure.

News Comments > Resident Evil 0 Trailer
1. Re: Resident Evil 0 Trailer Jun 8, 2015, 18:29 Wallshadows

"Due to less than stellar sales of Zero HD, we have shovelled all remaining plans of an RE2 remake in to a giant hole and buried it with irradiated Fukishima concrete for all eternity."

I can almost feel it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2015, 12:33 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 12:18:
With the exception of a few particular scenes I've quite enjoyed S5. They do need to be careful however, scenes like that fight with the Sand Snakes were so fucking bad it's really jarring and absolutely ruins the S.O.D.

Man, California is in some serious trouble.

Yeah but at least we got to see the hottest Sand Snake's boobs. I'd say it's about even.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2015, 13:43 Wallshadows

I liked the Pacific series. Maybe not as much as Band of Brothers but it is certainly one of the best mini-series out there and bonus points on being on the Pacific theatre which often feels buried by the European theatre.

I wish they would focus that kind of attention to detail and graphic nature to a World War 1 movie or mini-series instead of PG13 Warhorse and the awfulness which was Passchendaele. Legends of the Fall had some pretty awesome battle scenes though!

News Comments > Division 9 Footage
7. Re: Division 9 Footage Jun 3, 2015, 19:27 Wallshadows

That has to be the worst grenade throw system I have ever seen lol. I can almost here them grunting as if it weighed 100 pounds as it hits the ground ten feet in front of you.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 31, 2015, 22:00 Wallshadows

That was a really good Game of Thrones episode. Probably the best one of the season, If I may say!  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Beta Next Week
2. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Beta Next Week May 30, 2015, 11:47 Wallshadows

Unrelated, but the GW2.dat file likes to fragment on its own which is annoying since it's, like, nearly the whole install of the game (20GB).  

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale in Spring?
12. Re: Steam Summer Sale in Spring? May 29, 2015, 22:33 Wallshadows

But the majority of the games on sale will still be indie retro titles!  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Konami apologizes for causing anxiety, says it's not giving up on consoles, PC - Polygon. May 29, 2015, 18:00 Wallshadows

"We're just going to burn our franchises to the ground."  

2612 Comments. 131 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo