Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2010 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Spamalot Unchained
3. Re: Spamalot Unchained Apr 27, 2013, 15:25 Wallshadows

Seems like an interesting title and I hope it gets funded. The pure crafting class and system seems like a really fun idea.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans
5. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans Apr 27, 2013, 14:27 Wallshadows

Quinn wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 18:50:
Does someone wanna be my beer buddy? I send you european beer, you send me american! *hic!*

Why on earth would you want American beer?

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2013, 21:49 Wallshadows

Starring Gilbert Gottfried as Thrall.  

News Comments > PC Metro: Last Light to Include Metro 2033 Novel
1. Re: PC Metro: Last Light to Include Metro 2033 Novel Apr 26, 2013, 21:43 Wallshadows

What a novel idea.  

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans
1. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo Plans Apr 26, 2013, 13:27 Wallshadows

Looking forward to this one providing it retains ammo, health and weapons being scarce and is centered more towards being a survival-horror than action.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Metro: Last Light
7. Re: Gone Gold - Metro: Last Light Apr 25, 2013, 13:04 Wallshadows

Nifty deal which leads you over to GMG.

I guess I could have just given the GMG link...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 24, 2013, 12:02 Wallshadows

Prenda Law stuck their dick in a beehive and have been reaping the rewards of doing so for the past several months and I love it.  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Apr 24, 2013, 11:57 Wallshadows

This is the right kind of selfie.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter "Fresh Look" Reveal in "Days"
15. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 11:55 Wallshadows

I rather enjoyed it and is one of the best strategy games I've played in recent memory. I got 40+ hours out of it through countless restarts since I only played in Hardcore mode and don't regret picking it up during the Christmas Steam sale for $30.

It became repetitive as there were only ten or so maps in total but I found the excitement of Hardcore overshadowed those flaws. Becoming attached to several characters who've made it to max rank, hundreds of kills combined and dozens of missions only to see them get gunned down was a rather frustrating yet equally sobering experience knowing they were gone for good and you can't just reload a save to get them back.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2013, 18:23 Wallshadows

I wonder if there have been any numbers bounced around behind the scenes between Netflix and Fox to pick up Firefly.

They know how much fans want it, it's why they used it as their April Fools joke.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Apr 22, 2013, 17:54 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 15:04:
Dead Island never really grew on me, the combat system felt really clunky and the cool island resort motif got lost in the drudgery of the other levels
(parts of the city were especially miserable)]q. The story was so messed up too, the writing was awful, there were a lot of poorly edited cutscenes that didn't match their lead in and stuff like that.

The sewer levels were where my additional playtime went to die. I don't think I've ever played a more annoying area in recent memory and it just sucks the life from the game and it's such a small portion of the overall campaign. There were other urban areas I enjoyed like the Police Station in Act 2, the Lab in Act 3, and the Hotel in Act 1 but those sewers....nope.

That said, I enjoyed the rest of it even without all the tweaking required. My first time, I played it through solo and it was alright but then my buddy got it when it was on sale for 5$ and it was definitely more enjoyable for the most part. The story was incredibly disjointed and forgettable but I was drawn more to it for its sandbox-style system with hints of RPG elements.

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
30. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 17:45 Wallshadows

I can't wait to see which artwork-style they're going to rip off on this followed by Randy hyping the fuck out of it.

"Brian intends as first priority to direct Gearbox's interest to preserve and assemble the purest form of the original acclaimed and beloved games"

Same song, different tune.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2013, 11:52 Wallshadows

I really liked Spartacus and sad to see it go but, thankfully, there are other great shows to keep me occupied even through Netflix reruns. I'll likely even re-watch the previous seasons.

The issue I had with Spartacus is that it took terrific liberties with the story every now and then which made me question the outcome and whether it would deliver a more accurate portrayal or just cast it out the window in the same way they decided his son's fate. That and the Caesar plot and history armor kind of bothered me because he was essentially the terminator with whomever he faced. That said, I enjoyed the finale and, from the Roman perspective, it lived up to the tale that the body of Spartacus was never recovered.

I would definitely enjoy watching a spin-off with Caesar, Crassus, and Pompie though but I feel there would be a lot of resentment from those who enjoyed the series and hated Caesar

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2013, 11:58.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 12, 2013, 16:23 Wallshadows

It's always give and take when it comes to Intel and AMD.

I remember back in the early dual and quad-core days where AMD was providing us with excellent processors while Intel was going the route of clock speed over performance with their Prescott processors until they released their Conroe cores which put them back in the game.

Ever since then, AMD has been playing catch-up and following the same flow of clock speed over performance but have positioned themselves in a more affordable market to ride out the storm until they come back with their solution to regain the performance lead.

When that will be, who knows.

News Comments > More Diablo III Itemization Answers
8. Re: More Diablo III Itemization Answers Apr 12, 2013, 16:15 Wallshadows

They made the mistake of putting all the character's weight in to gear and then funneling the best stats in to three types: crit damage, crit chance, and attack speed. Weapon damage was great since it's what your abilities were based off of but even a higher-damage weapon was garbage if it didn't have at least two of those three stats.

The lack of character point development and universal armor proficiency saw to this as well.

News Comments > EA Layoffs
5. Re: EA Layoffs Apr 11, 2013, 22:34 Wallshadows

There are far too many generic mobile and browser games. I swear if I got a nickle for every fantasy game which compared itself to Warcraft or Diablo then I'd be rich as fuck.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 10, 2013, 12:46 Wallshadows

I'd watch the fuck out of a Saul Goodman show.  

News Comments > Grimlands "Making Of" Trailer
2. Re: Grimlands Apr 10, 2013, 12:43 Wallshadows

They say they've been through two betas and are ready for release but still need $650k in order to do so.

I assume that money is for publishing, advertising, and distribution or are these guys working semi pro-bono until the money comes in?

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched
15. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 12:36 Wallshadows

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 11:17:
Proof? I saw a video on YouTube it looked the same... not sure if it was a joke or not...

The last big patch they pushed brought the game to look a little more like the E3 demo they showcased as well as more aggressive and intelligent AI. It's nice that they provided a film grain toggle since prior to this it was as if you were playing the game on a cctv,

I'd still only recommend it as a $5 - $10 steam sale purchase though.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U canceled. Apr 6, 2013, 10:17 Wallshadows

Fantaz wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 00:18:
Beelzebud wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 21:16:
I'll be amazed if Gearbox ever gets another high profile license again.

Has a "postmortem" (in the true sense of the word) been done yet for this dead game?

Not a single word has come from Gearbox or SEGA. While they have released a recent patch which makes the game look a little more like the one shown in the E3 demo, there has been no official communication to the press aside from Randy being super-dick on Twitter.

Makes me wonder if they'll find a loop hole to get out of the future DLC.

2010 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo