Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2109 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Outed?
6. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 14:40 Wallshadows

Yeah, the quicktime events were still a pretty solid pain in the ass and I'm not keen on how they seem to have a hard on for Leon and Chris while leaving out other key players while creating new, boring types in the process. Ada, well, Ada has been a very bland character for quite some time now because she's essentially the same in every title. Yeah, I get it, she treads within a grey area of good and bad but it has become so boring and predictable that it makes me want to facepalm whenever Capcom tries to make a big deal about it and that we should be surprised.

As for the campaigns, some were definitely better than others. I really hated the Birkin/Muller story but I totally dug the Leon/Helena and Chris/Piers story because it felt much more urban, close-quartered, and relevant to the title. They weren't perfect, but being on the streets of DC (I think it was?) as the outbreak occurred while playing as Leon felt familiar, it felt good. I just wish the rest of the game took advantage of this angle as you crept from house to house and street by street to get from point A to point B but using less CoD elements where you took five steps and got swarmed by mobs.

Bad voice acting? Yeah, it's a RE game. It's not exactly Metal Gear Solid when it comes to the script or the voice-actors to back it up so it's not something I've ever dwelt on.

More action and less horror? Yeah, I'll agree to that but only to a point as the action events far outweigh the sense of dread you used to get from this series but it varies from campaign to campaign and the difficulty which you are playing in. The easier settings will have you drowning in ammo and health whereas the harder settings will require you to be extremely conservative with your ammunition to the point where melee weapons will look downright fantastic.

For me, this was the most enjoyable RE title I have played since CV in spite of its flaws. I really hate the amount of QTEs in the game, I really hate the Birkin/Muller story (zzzzz), and I really hate how it felt like CoD when in the urban environments but I found the good in the game to exceed the bad when played as a whole through several difficulties. It also brings back zombies (sort of).

Bear in mind, I am purposely biased against RE4/5 because, well, I just didn't really like the story, baddies, characters, or villains so don't take offense when I say RE6 is superior to 4 and 5 IMO.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 7 Outed?
1. Re: Resident Evil 7 Outed? Oct 13, 2013, 10:38 Wallshadows

I liked RE6. Felt closer to being an RE title than four and five, especially on the Leon campaign.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic PvP Space Combat Expansion Announced Oct 8, 2013, 19:36 Wallshadows

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 8, 2013, 19:27:
Fly back to that place, get out, travel to the main area, run in, get one line of dialogue, run out and back to where I originally was.. 15 minutes ago.. ugh.. screw you.

Don't forget the wonderful space station buffers between ship and planet!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
15. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 7, 2013, 23:24 Wallshadows

Can't help but feel they made it in to such a pig so they can say how awesome and cutting edge their new engine is.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
1. Re: Saturday Interviews Sep 28, 2013, 12:09 Wallshadows

We acknowledge and thank you for paying to play our previous alpha and beta versions to help our team reach its goal to finally develop our AAA idea. Honestly.

That's how it read in my mind.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 21, 2013, 12:03 Wallshadows

Relevant?  

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
7. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 13:17 Wallshadows

Atomic wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 12:55:
The answer, to me, are to create community based tools to enable community based policing of this type of thing.

I don't think putting such a tool in the hands of the community would be such a great idea. Give it to the community and then all the sudden some of those who have influence on others will create a witch hunt for being butthurt because someone bruised their ego.

Unless you mean in the direction Cutter understood it and just gave the tools to outright ignore those players with no blacklist cap and an easier way of doing so. This I definitely support and is greatly needed in FF14.

As for how far they would go, that remains to be seen. For me, I've never stopped in any game to think whether or not I should enjoy it because of their political stance and the most scathing review I can provide is by not purchasing a product.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
25. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 16:22 Wallshadows

The icing on this cake will be whether or not they will drop their current MMO-style interface in favor of a more robust system such as that used in Diablo 2 since the game is returning to the barter system which will require the ability to advertise, create, and join games.

The infrastructure is already there to show them how it needs to be done. Just add a proper game list rather than the old system where it would only show like ten games which rotate on refresh.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 17, 2013, 14:17 Wallshadows

Blizzard confirmed today that they are removing the AH/RMAH from Diablo 3 on the PC version.

Sauce

News Comments > The Evil Within TGS Trailer
9. Re: The Evil Within TGS Trailer Sep 17, 2013, 14:16 Wallshadows

I'm down.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2013, 16:29 Wallshadows

I'm so fucking happy and excited that Saul will get his own spin-off series.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Sep 11, 2013, 01:17 Wallshadows

I do hope that Frictional Games will think about adding support for the Oculus Rift.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
26. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 13:34 Wallshadows

Blizzard will do as they always do when caught or put in to a corner and say it was a miscommunication and are sorry.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 3, 2013, 22:08 Wallshadows

Wow, I would have muted the fuck out of her ASAP.

Don't care if the player behind the keyboard has tits or a nice voice, if that person is overly expressive to the point of being obnoxious as fuck with every little thing that happens, either switch to a push-to-talk bind or be put on mute.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 21:55 Wallshadows

I don't know what happened and don't feel like reading the whole thing.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2013, 18:54 Wallshadows

They got their money back from the original founderís pack, at the cost of a permanent ban.

Sounds like a pretty good trade-off if you ask me...

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 16:42 Wallshadows

I'll trade my copy for some EVE Online steam cards...  

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
16. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 10:24 Wallshadows

Most players who complain in the game are pointing towards the game being broken which is not the case. The game works fine and I really enjoy it right down to the Mining mini-game but the infrastructure is a complete joke and couldn't have gotten off to a worse start for those who make their opinion on first impressions and as a re-release.

As someone who plays on Laviathan, one of the most packed servers, it's tedious as hell to try and get in and can make things interesting when there are several of your friends who try to get on within the same timeframe. It can take anywhere from instant access at off-peak hours or can literally take hours during peak times. This isn't a surprise though but they seem to rotate between a queue system and a 'try again later' system which is annoying.

The kicker? There is NO afk auto-kick design so on top of extreme server congestion, you have all these jackass fuckknobs who /afk for the day while they are at work or over night to reserve their spot for when they return. Why this was not implemented is beyond me.

This is a pretty good write-up on why the servers suck.

News Comments > Blizzard No Longer Listing Titan Jobs
3. Re: Blizzard No Longer Listing Titan Jobs Aug 24, 2013, 00:07 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 23:44:
Did Titan Fall?

You son of a bitch! You stole my idea!

News Comments > Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects
1. Re: Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects Aug 23, 2013, 21:20 Wallshadows

Going free to play would mean they would have to have some form of confidence in their product and the ability to keep those interested by constantly pumping out content for each type of player.

However, when you have a community of players who are willing to pay $13 for shitty cosmetic helms which have model issues on most races on top of a monthly subscription, you're damn right they'll express a bit of uncertainty towards the F2P model.

2109 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo