Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 1904 (Pro)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches
14. Re: Guild Wars 2: Flame and Frost - The Gathering Storm Launches Feb 27, 2013, 17:19 Wallshadows

My friends were all set and ready to play their faces off again, started new characters and everything. Two days later, they can't be bothered to play it.

Sometimes I'm not quite satisfied with my friends when it comes to games because once one decides to not like it, the other will follow suite and abandon ship until something else catches their attention for a bit and do the same.

Rinse and repeat for the shepherd and his sheep.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC
18. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 12:36 Wallshadows

It's a good thing Gearbox stole art assets to help make such a successful game for Randy to hide behind.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 20:16 Wallshadows

Possible Interesting bit of news heading our way this week to find out what the fuck happened.

We'll see, I guess...

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
23. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 16:48 Wallshadows

I bought it but I can say that I regret doing so. For someone who doesn't often fall for the pre-order hype, this has been one of those kick-in-the-ass realizations to not do it again. Shame it cost me $35 to learn my lesson the hard way, but that's what it sometimes takes when you're a big fan to a franchise and blind faith. Even if they released an improved AI and HD texture pack patch, I won't play it because the core mechanics are busted beyond measure.

Gearbox is on my shitlist for being part of this mess and I will likely never buy a product that's associated with Randy Pitchford. I just can't respect or trust him.

That said, the most entertainment I got out of this is lurking in the official forums and reading all the heat it's continuously taking.

News Comments > New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium
1. Re: New Command & Conquer to Eventually Add Red Alert, Tiberium Feb 25, 2013, 14:28 Wallshadows

Unless it bombs then they pull a Pitchford and deny its existence in hopes that it'll blow over.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2013, 11:59 Wallshadows

Lucky! I wish I could have seen NIN, Tool, or Radiohead in past or future shows but good luck getting them to go East of Montreal which is roughly 1500 kilometers outside of my comfort zone.

I was lucky to find my way in to the Summersault 2000 tour in Halifax which feature bands such as A Perfect Circle, Foo Fighters and Smashing Pumpkins. Was absolutely amazing and introduced me to APC and, subsequently, Tool which remains my favorite band.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2013, 10:30 Wallshadows

InBlack wrote on Feb 25, 2013, 10:01:
Heheh, cant believe that Blizzard is taking Diablo to consoles. After all that is wrong with that game, do they really want to alienate a WHOLE NEW MARKET? Ok with the console crowd you never know, and most of the people who will be playing probably werent even born when D1 was released....

Lets not forget this gem which actually turned out fairly well.

Also, note the publisher.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 25, 2013, 09:36 Wallshadows

Until a new study comes out next week which says they do.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 25, 2013, 09:22 Wallshadows

You soldiered through nearly four hours of Seth MacFarlane?

I would have curled up in the fetal position and die within minutes.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 25, 2013, 09:19 Wallshadows

...they each have different voices, animations...

Needless expenditures which would be better placed elsewhere. No wonder Blizzard always play up the resource card in WoW if this is the kind of redundancy they throw money at.

News Comments > Path of Exile Race Events
2. Re: Path of Exile Race Events Feb 21, 2013, 10:35 Wallshadows

Yup, I dropped some coin to deck out my storage container with nice, colorful tags. They need to make their money somehow.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Movie Details
14. Re: Deus Ex Movie Details Feb 21, 2013, 10:33 Wallshadows

At least the game they are making a movie on can lend itself to being open with many areas to explore and interpret rather than a closed-box theme most video game movies take.

...unless the director is a fucking idiot, throws all the source material out and does his own thing which makes no sense.

News Comments > More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage
6. Re: More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage Feb 20, 2013, 10:42 Wallshadows

All hope now lies in the Crysis 2 mod, Aliens vs Marines, and a devoted fan which happens to look awesome.

Until it gets 95% done and is then told to cease and desist.

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
10. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 11:00 Wallshadows

Gearbox probably used their E3 video as leverage to get the extra extension and used the same bait and switch tactic on SEGA in the same way they used it on fans. Otherwise, I seriously doubt they would be able to show anything else which wouldn't outright nullify their contract and the project being completely buried. Then again, I find it hard to believe SEGA would just go off of what Randy and the video were showing and okay it for release without looking in to it first.

I wonder if the Aliens RPG was destroyed of if it sits on a USB key in the back of a closet?

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 18, 2013, 09:05 Wallshadows

With the sound on? Boik boik boik vrrrp vrrrp boik boik pptptp pptpt bwoopwoopwoopwoopwoop boik boik boik  

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
1. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 09:00 Wallshadows

We can all thank SEGA for shit-canning this project and giving ACM a six-year development cycle.

Bet it doesn't look like such a good decision now, eh?

News Comments > Half-Life Update Causing Mod Issues?
6. Re: Half-Life Update Causing Mod Issues? Feb 17, 2013, 22:30 Wallshadows

I heard it had to do with a new installation path from someone on Team Speak. If that's the case, wouldn't Valve have to edit the installer to its original path or is it an issue between the installation path between Windows and Linux?

Granted, this would wipe out the HL folder and force a reinstall if it makes sense outside of my head...

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2013, 12:05 Wallshadows

The Gearbox forums are so entertaining since the release, one particular long-running topic which has modified movie quotes to trash the game such as:

Ripley: Do me a favor and run this game for me will you..

Hicks: What do I do?

Ripley: Hit start- or a-button, what's a-button?

Hicks: Start campaign.

Ripley: That's it.

Hicks: Okay we're hooked, now what?

Ripley: Let it load the game.

Hicks: It's real bad graphics.

Ripely: Hit enhancement.

Ripley: Keep looking.

Hicks: I don't know how the play this stuff.

Ripley: Just shoot the aliens with your pulserifle. The AI should be really sophisticated like Randy told us.

Ripley: What is it?

Hicks: I think Randy lied to us.

Ripley: That's not possible. What does it look like?

Hicks: Horrible.

Ripley: Pause it!

Hicks: You don't want to look at it.

Ripley: PAUSE IT!!

*Ripley looks to monitor and sees terrible alien AI+graphics*

Hicks: I'm sorry.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2013, 11:01 Wallshadows

It's built on the Unreal Engine 3 so there have been various tricks used to improve visuals based on what would work on other titles sporting the same engine. Programs such as SweetFX were released the day after ACM released which pushes it a little more in the direction of the demo footage as far as visuals are concerned.

Comparison shots are included on the website.

It's not much, but I'll install these goodies and see if they can at least make an impact on the atmosphere and setting.

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 15, 2013, 10:52 Wallshadows

There should be a Steel Battalion game for Kinect. I bet it would be awesome!  

1904 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo