Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2096 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Sep 3, 2013, 22:08 Wallshadows

Wow, I would have muted the fuck out of her ASAP.

Don't care if the player behind the keyboard has tits or a nice voice, if that person is overly expressive to the point of being obnoxious as fuck with every little thing that happens, either switch to a push-to-talk bind or be put on mute.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 3, 2013, 21:55 Wallshadows

I don't know what happened and don't feel like reading the whole thing.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Sep 2, 2013, 18:54 Wallshadows

They got their money back from the original founderís pack, at the cost of a permanent ban.

Sounds like a pretty good trade-off if you ask me...

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 31, 2013, 16:42 Wallshadows

I'll trade my copy for some EVE Online steam cards...  

News Comments > FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response
16. Re: FF14 Sales Suspended Due to Positive Response Aug 28, 2013, 10:24 Wallshadows

Most players who complain in the game are pointing towards the game being broken which is not the case. The game works fine and I really enjoy it right down to the Mining mini-game but the infrastructure is a complete joke and couldn't have gotten off to a worse start for those who make their opinion on first impressions and as a re-release.

As someone who plays on Laviathan, one of the most packed servers, it's tedious as hell to try and get in and can make things interesting when there are several of your friends who try to get on within the same timeframe. It can take anywhere from instant access at off-peak hours or can literally take hours during peak times. This isn't a surprise though but they seem to rotate between a queue system and a 'try again later' system which is annoying.

The kicker? There is NO afk auto-kick design so on top of extreme server congestion, you have all these jackass fuckknobs who /afk for the day while they are at work or over night to reserve their spot for when they return. Why this was not implemented is beyond me.

This is a pretty good write-up on why the servers suck.

News Comments > Blizzard No Longer Listing Titan Jobs
3. Re: Blizzard No Longer Listing Titan Jobs Aug 24, 2013, 00:07 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 23:44:
Did Titan Fall?

You son of a bitch! You stole my idea!

News Comments > Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects
1. Re: Blizzard on WoW F2P Prospects Aug 23, 2013, 21:20 Wallshadows

Going free to play would mean they would have to have some form of confidence in their product and the ability to keep those interested by constantly pumping out content for each type of player.

However, when you have a community of players who are willing to pay $13 for shitty cosmetic helms which have model issues on most races on top of a monthly subscription, you're damn right they'll express a bit of uncertainty towards the F2P model.

News Comments > AVGN Adventures Preorders
1. Re: AVGN Adventures Preorders Aug 23, 2013, 13:33 Wallshadows

Eagerly awaiting the AVGN review of the AVGN game.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Also Features Microtransactions Aug 23, 2013, 13:30 Wallshadows

These are the guys who pioneered Pony Armor so I'm not exactly surprised.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 22, 2013, 12:13 Wallshadows

They explained that removing the AH would create more issues such as how chat would be littered with WTB/WTS posts but that's their problem for dropping the lobby/channel/game creation system from D2 in to this fucking stupid WoW-style chat box.

It's pretty obvious you know the devs are fucked if they don't remember how items were traded in D2 by way of trade channels, putting what you have or need to trade in your character profile when you clicked on one or the fact that you could CREATE games asking for specifics or general trading. Hell, there was even a low cap to each channel but no limit to how many channels there could be.

Christ, the trade spam is even bearable in PoE and that uses the same chatbox style interface.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced
44. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Expansion Announced Aug 21, 2013, 13:55 Wallshadows

Hate all you guys want but Blizzard always delivers on their cinematics.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 18, 2013, 11:54 Wallshadows

I'm pretty sure it's in license hell between Irrational Games and EA.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 12:24 Wallshadows

At most, they'll be taken to a Kangaroo court where no fucks will really be given.  

News Comments > CM Battle for Normandy: Operation Market Garden Announced
1. Re: CM Battle for Normandy: Operation Market Garden Announced Aug 17, 2013, 12:15 Wallshadows

You know what would be neat? If they gave Canadians more recognition in war-related games instead of just lumping them in with the British. I can understand why such would be the case in WW1 as we had yet to gain military autonomy but even then, the Canadian army were some of the most crucial forces in many battles and it'd be nice if it wasn't just 'murica or 'British' soldiers shown doing the grunt work in games which attempt to be historically accurate to events.  

News Comments > Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer
2. Re: Techland Opens Canadian Studio; Releases First Dying Light Gameplay Trailer Aug 16, 2013, 13:37 Wallshadows

So it's Dead Island without being on an island.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Nears [Updated]
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Nears [Updated] Aug 16, 2013, 12:39 Wallshadows

I was skeptical about the new Garrosh model and his facial animations when they were shown in a vacuum test but seeing them within context of the game is pretty impressive as far as WoW is concerned.

As for the trailer as a whole, I was a little disappointed that Taran Zhu died with such ease but I can understand why it was so quick. They have four minutes to hype the shit out of their next content update and I have to say that the only patch trailer which I would compare it to is Fall of the Lich King.

Garrosh may have been the victim of character development hell through shitty writing but this marks the end to something which was set in motion since TBC.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2013, 02:16 Wallshadows

I wonder how much rage there would be if the internet was a big thing back in the NES days.

News Comments > Diablo Tease
10. Re: Diablo Tease Aug 14, 2013, 13:59 Wallshadows

You guys are basically asking them to tear the game down and rebuild it from scratch. While I wouldn't be opposed to them doing this, especially with fuck face Jay out of the picture, I believe it's far too ambitious in too little time to be able to do so. Remember how long it took them to finally put in PvP or how long it is taking them to simply adjust new loot rules?

Those hoping they will use an expansion to facelift the game to become D 2.5 are setting themselves up for disappointment or are simply using it as a means to hate on it more when they already know it won't happen.

I won't be mad if I am proven wrong though.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs "The Dark Below"?
10. Re: Blizzard TMs Aug 13, 2013, 18:14 Wallshadows

Ozumat is far too much of a minor character to have an expansion built around him. He's merely a servant to the Naga so it would be like having Cho'gall billed as the main villain over Deathwing.

If anything, if it is a TM for the next WoW expansion, it will lead in to what many have speculated that it will be focused around Azshara which may finally bring Kul'tiras to the game.

The problem? The possibility of more underwater zones. That shit was stupid.

News Comments > Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding
11. Re: Dungeonforge Crowd-Funding Aug 11, 2013, 19:57 Wallshadows

Could be worse.  

2096 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo