Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2577 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
19. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 18:20 Wallshadows

harlock wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 18:17:
i dunno if you got the grappling hook yet - but once you do, and combine it into the parkour... its fucking amazing dude- its like you are spiderman or something, ok maybe not, but at least bionic commando

its bad ass whup ya bad ass

Makes climbing the bridge to the top a lot quicker, that's for damn sure!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
16. Re: Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support Feb 2, 2015, 18:00 Wallshadows

Just throwing it out there since some seem to think it's a conspiracy. Here and here are the two mods in question which got hit outside of Nexus. This is a Reddit member (tied to the same film grain mod?) who got a DMCA report.

Not hard to find since it was mostly all aggregated to one thread in /r/dyinglight

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 2, 2015, 10:45 Wallshadows

I would have been happy if the stadium fell only on the Patriots team. Even the dirty Flyers can't compete with how much I hate them and I don't even really give a shit about Football.  

News Comments > New Condemned Game Possibilities Explored
3. Re: New Condemned Game Possibilities Explored Feb 2, 2015, 10:43 Wallshadows

I'd buy it if the price was marked down to reflect on its age. It's almost as bad as Doom, Quake and Duke Nukem charging $10+.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 1, 2015, 22:29 Wallshadows

I'm at the point now where I can pretty much walk in to a pack of Zombies and come out with nothing but severed corpses in my wake. Some of them have really silly ragdoll effects too when introduced to lightning, like they get kicked twenty feet or so for no reason. Even better is when you can skill shot a CDC zombie in to another group via its oxygen tank, perfect! Especially when you get a gun and perch over packed areas.

I've noticed some pop-in issues when I was at the power plant though. There had to be at least a hundred packed in to the size of a medium safe house so it's understandable but it made it a lot more difficult than it should have been to get in and hit the switch to turn the station on and proceed to fry them all with arcs of lightning. Money money.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jan 31, 2015, 16:24 Wallshadows

Speaking of which, does Steam Stream function as a regular stream service which depends on upload?  

News Comments > Evening Patches
13. Re: Evening Patches Jan 31, 2015, 14:47 Wallshadows

About the DMCA take downs for tools/mods? Yeah. Although it seems as though the link to Nexus still works so it may have been for specific file sharing sites.  

10. Re: Evening Patches Jan 31, 2015, 11:09 Wallshadows

It's just a really strange stance that they would take now after they were absolutely fine in Dead Island. Now, they're using the DMCA to have all mods pulled. I should be allowed to disable film grain and the more advanced graphics features if they can yield more performance with minimal visual changes which is what those tools were used for.

What's lame is that multiplayer is already a wreck because the 'Be the Zombie' mode allows the Hunter to be seen from the players survival sense which often has the Hunter become the hunted. There's no edge in increasing or decreasing any of the visual effects because you spam Q and it's game over for the Hunter who has to scream to give away his position to find the player.

...and that's IF the player being invaded doesn't just disconnect from the game.

8. Re: Evening Patches Jan 31, 2015, 10:45 Wallshadows

The thing is is that the entries for visual displays are in an entirely separate location from where your level, gear, and whatnots is stored. Techland could have allowed these to remain changeable but chose to instead lock out everything.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
23. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Jan 31, 2015, 09:47 Wallshadows

Julio wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 05:02:

I'd call Duke Nukem Forever devastating, I think Burch is replaceable.
Videogame writing isn't exactly the pinnacle of the profession.

That's debatable, in my opinion. DNF was sunk before release due to infinitely high expectations tied with development hell. The characters, on the other hand, played a huge roll in their respective stories and they became as memorable as they are because of that writing. It's over-the-top much in the same way as Tim Curry when he played Pennywise but with more purpose which really took them to a whole new level of comic villainy.

Burch might be replaceable by Erik Wolpaw but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. At least with BL3 they'll have another crew to apply new writing so it's sort of a fresh start so we'll see what that brings if Burch doesn't go back to script it.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2015, 18:02 Wallshadows

Is this how AOL is still around?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Jan 30, 2015, 18:00 Wallshadows

I played it but it wasn't anything special. Honestly, I prefer the WASD controls of SMITE over point-and-click MOBAs...but I don't even really care about MOBAs so it really doesn't matter. I honestly wish I could give my key away.

The interaction between certain character combinations was a really nice touch though!

3. Re: Evening Patches Jan 30, 2015, 17:56 Wallshadows

Yeah, it ruined the tool which allowed the user to removed nearly all forms of visual effect if they wanted to which is what I was hoping to try out on top of this patch.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox
1. Re: Borderlands 2 Writer Leaves Gearbox Jan 30, 2015, 17:54 Wallshadows

That's pretty devastating for Borderlands and Gearbox in general. Listening to the characters in BL2 was a big part of what made me enjoy it so much because they were so goddamn silly with their meat bicycles and hearing Torque talk about how badass it is to treat a woman with respect.

I wish Burch could make a 'Mr. Torque's Power Hour' TV show. I'd watch the shit out of that.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jan 30, 2015, 11:39 Wallshadows

FYI, they pushed out a patch which improved performance but still has awkward issues for AMD which they've acknowledged and will address. I'd assume due to being joined at the hip with nVidia for development and a combined AMD driver update should put it to where they want.

Needless to say, I'm running a FX-6300 @ 4.4ghz, 12GB ram and a 7850 @ 1050p with mostly 'medium' settings save for textures on high and view distance to about 25% and it runs well enough to not feel butthurt about pulling the trigger on it with the 25% off coupon. Any improvements will only make it better.

Great game buried by horrible performance out the gate but it seems Techland isn't giving it the Dead Island treatment of completely ignoring the issues.

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
2. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 29, 2015, 18:59 Wallshadows

Pirated or not, I'd still play it. Throwback to the Isometric era of Loaded and the likes.  

News Comments > Diablo III Brawling May Not Improve
8. Re: Diablo III Brawling May Not Improve Jan 29, 2015, 17:06 Wallshadows

I don't think Diablo 3 had any practical method of incorporating an even mediocre-at-best method to make PVP work. Brawler shit is just that.  

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow
10. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 22:46 Wallshadows

Quboid wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 22:05:

The game is a minimalist take on how a blizzard causes this sad snowman to become obese. Where does his body end and the snow storm start?

(Or the embed has a typo, an extra http: by the looks of it, but this is relatively unlikely.)

I keep trying to feed it Slim Fast but all it's doing is making a mess on my table!

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Jan 28, 2015, 20:25 Wallshadows

I don't get the purpose of this video.  

News Comments > Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow
7. Re: Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered Tomorrow Jan 28, 2015, 20:18 Wallshadows

This game must be awful. The trailer only has a white background and a page that looks sad.  

2577 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo