Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2160 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Single-Player Hearthstone Plans
1. Re: Single-Player Hearthstone Plans Apr 14, 2014, 10:03 Wallshadows

I wonder if there will be any interesting designs for Heigan. That guy could really throw a dance party!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs "Ultra Specs"
5. Re: Watch Dogs Apr 14, 2014, 10:00 Wallshadows

I would suspect we'll start to see a steep jump in specs now that the PS4/XBone don't have system architecture designed by monkeys so porting them to the PC leaves the door open for further enhancements than in the PS3/360 days where you were lucky to get a menu that has more than three video settings.

It sounds plausible in my brain although this is slated for the older consoles so maybe it's just the age-old tradition of being a shitty port.

News Comments > Mojang Suggests Password Change
4. Re: Mojang Suggests Password Change Apr 9, 2014, 14:45 Wallshadows

So should I be legitimately worried about this and change all my passwords or is it just something that's being blown way out in to the stratosphere?  

News Comments > Hannibal: Terror of Rome Announced
1. Re: Hannibal: Terror of Rome Announced Apr 7, 2014, 14:16 Wallshadows

My cat likes to lunge in to bags or yogurt cartons when they are dropped on the floor but this time she has found herself wearing a cape of bubble wrap.

News Comments > On ESO Charges
4. Re: On ESO Charges Apr 7, 2014, 10:07 Wallshadows

What a joke. All MMOs from as far back as I remember let you shitcan your subscription setup by cancelling your credit card right out of the gate in the event that you don't want to be billed when your free month expires.

Leave it to the company which championed a whole race being locked down unless you bought the premium super edition to come up with this kind of bullshit process.

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
16. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Apr 5, 2014, 00:14 Wallshadows

Found a shitty, low-rolled Maximus today on my Crusader.

Pretty much beat the game.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 4, 2014, 13:34 Wallshadows

It irritates the fuck out of me how every kind of shenanigans gets the 'gate' treatment now.  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Alpha Testing
1. Re: Warlords of Draenor Alpha Testing Apr 4, 2014, 13:32 Wallshadows

Pushing out content faster my ass.

Siege of Orgrimmar is going to last as long as, if not longer than, Icecrown Citadel if Warlords is released after September and this is after they gave themselves handjobs about how much quicker they are going to push out content.

News Comments > Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party
21. Re: Diablo III Reaper of Souls Launch Party Mar 24, 2014, 12:49 Wallshadows

I wouldn't be too upset if the Crusader is lumbering because it has more than enough abilities to either close the gap or attack at range to balance out the flow of combat whereas the Barbarian can truly be a stick in the mud on the battle field depending on how he's built.

Crusader armor would give a Space marine a run for their money so it makes sense to be slow.

As for their power, that's not something I am too worried about as that can be addressed through hot fixes. Also, I honestly expect there to be more nerfs to their power than buffs (akin to how they handled the Death Knight in Warcraft) since it's their new love interest and one of the main selling points to the expansion.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Mar 19, 2014, 16:31 Wallshadows

Devil's advocate but seeing that TOR is successful enough to get an expansion and rustling so many jimmies here is pretty entertaining.  

News Comments > WildStar Preorders
4. Re: WildStar Preorders Mar 19, 2014, 16:28 Wallshadows

Having been in the beta, I liked it a lot. It felt complete, the combat and animations were smooth, and the quests were capable of holding my interest due to being well written in spite of being the typical 'go kill x amount of mobs'.

However, I know that most users have an inherent dislike towards anything MMO on Blues and are willing to jump om the hate wagon. It's not going to revolutionize the MMO industry. It's more like a Guild Wars 2 and World of Warcraft mash-up which incorporates features from both with extras thrown in such as housing. What separates it from the rest, as far as being a new MMO, is that there is far more focus on end-game and player-vs-player content right out of the box as opposed to waiting several months for incremental updates which is always great.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Closed
37. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 18, 2014, 17:10 Wallshadows

Krovven wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 15:48:
This is the kind of misinformation (aka: funny stuff) I'm refering to.

At level 60 regardless of which difficulty you play on (Normal to Torment), the same loot drops. As you progress from Torment 1-6 there is an increased chance for legendaries to drop, values are unknown. At level 70 only in Torment there are new Legendaries that can drop as well.

Correct, which is why I only run T1 for quick farming where it takes only a handful of casts to kill most mobs with the exception of rare or elite packs but still want the benefit of key drops off Wardens. While I can do higher levels of Torment without breaking a sweat, T1 is a sweet spot between kill speed and drop rate so I just don't see the benefit of going higher with the exception of solo farming Myra or CotA for Paragon experience.

As for the Mystic costs, I will concede that I was unaware of those costs and are pretty silly if she is used to her full potential but as someone who is looking forward to grinding a Hammerdin as much as I did in Diablo 2, it won't affect me all that much which might be why I was ignorant towards Mystic information.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 2014, 17:18.

23. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 12:45 Wallshadows

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 18, 2014, 10:57:
uh you've played the game since 2.0 right? It costs 50k+ to make most rarest now and costs 2m for top tier gems. Even grinding t3+ for lewts can break your cash fast if you're making stuff for rerolls.

Yeah, some of the costs will have a greater impact without the AH but the emphasis on crafting hasn't moved much now with the new loot system. In my case, I haven't touched any of the BoA/6 stat crafting items because I've found more than enough well rolled items while grinding. As for gems, you only need a finite amount and by no means require a top-tier gem in each slot regardless of difficulty. The average player going in to RoS who had already played D3 in the past likely has more than enough gold to bank off of for spot crafting upgrades and a few decent gems as they grind.

Also, grinding in T3+ for loot is terribly inefficient and should only be done for Paragon.

8. Re: Diablo III Auction House Closed Mar 18, 2014, 10:50 Wallshadows

Gold in the new age won't be weighed as heavily as it once was so I wouldn't be concerned about it if you missed out on the fire sale which was the past few days. Assuming you're not sitting on top of a mountain of gold already, as long as you come across events, reset the quests, and run adventure mode once released, you'll have more than enough gold as well as materials to craft with.

News Comments > WildStar in June
1. Re: WildStar in June Mar 12, 2014, 11:47 Wallshadows

Awesome.  

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
2. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:25 Wallshadows

I'd hate to be on a data capped plan.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land Mar 10, 2014, 12:37 Wallshadows

Striving for consistency, H.P. Lovercraft-inspired movies and games seem to have some kind of quality curse where their reception is as low as the city of R'lyeh with the exceptions of Re-Animator and Dark Corners of the Earth.

20. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:53 Wallshadows

You can change the difficulty in game but it'll just go down to prevent players from cherry picking bosses on higher difficulty.

The game has basically ditched the old model and replaced it with the new Normal, Hard, Expert, Master and Torment (up to Torment 6 so you don't have to beat the game three times before being in the 'end game' difficulty.

8. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:04 Wallshadows

They have offered ways to min/max certain builds now thanks to increased damage for x skill or element. It simply puts more focus on grinding for that perfect roll which fits the character you want. I've been stacking Seven Sided Strike and Hundred Fists on my new Monk through items that provide those stats and it's a nice touch to make niche builds. As far as rares are concerned, it's returned to a barter system to grind and trade rather than taking five minutes to go on the auction house.

That said, I got my Monk from 37 to 60 yesterday in about four hours on Master difficulty thanks to this buff and the new XP pools.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 16:02 Wallshadows

I'll concede to the points being stated but I stand firm on the belief that BoA/BoP gear is mind-numbingly stupid and unnecessary for an ARPG.

I just cannot wrap my head around how this came to be and hope they burn down this idea much like they have with the auction house but in far less time.

2160 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo