Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2469 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > H1Z1 Early Access This Week
13. Re: H1Z1 Early Access This Week Jan 12, 2015, 18:34 Wallshadows

The worst part about DayZ is the engine it's built on so I welcome another entry that doesn't play like shit and feature incredibly un-intuitive controls.

I'll be checking this out.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evolve System Specs
3. Re: Evolve System Specs Jan 12, 2015, 12:01 Wallshadows

Seems weird that they would support a display resolution that's likely out reach for many but don't have out of the box support for something that's likely much more common.

News Comments > Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag
9. Re: Blizzard's Overwatch Hits TM Snag Jan 12, 2015, 11:56 Wallshadows

I still wish they would have gone the Borderlands route as far as team-based FPS is concerned and just built a whole new level of play on to it. To me, I never really got in to TF-style games but then again my experience with those was last seen with dial up so maybe I should give it another chance.

Either way, Blizzard has enough money to make a conflicting TM go away if that's what it'll take the secure the title. This is just karma for them going after New Line for for having a movie called Diablo.

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Specs
10. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 11, 2015, 18:30 Wallshadows

Kobalt wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 17:32:
The game was designed with the idea that you can't quickly turn around and aim.

If I am not mistaken, the GC version had a quick-tap 180* turn button and since this is based on that enhanced version, it'll likely have the same. I love the tanky controls though along with preset cameras which can add a sense of claustrophobia or used against you when you can hear a Crimson Head running towards you but you can't see them until they're either right on top of you or they force your hand to move in to another frame which can have varied results.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 14:56 Wallshadows

Oh, there it is! Thanks fella!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2015, 14:44 Wallshadows

How on Earth do you ignore someone on this site, anyway?  

7. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 11, 2015, 14:41 Wallshadows

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 11, 2015, 14:16:
Gross, who the hell plays this game with a keyboard?

Probably someone who doesn't have one in the first place, yeah? I had one then lost it when I moved and have not had any reason to purchase another since I don't have any games in my library which requires one nor do I own a console.

I'll get one again. In fact, it's possible that I'll find one when picking up some thermal compound tomorrow but if not, I'd like to think they didn't have a monkey design the alternate control system in the mean time.

You're kind of an unpleasant person, eh?

3. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 11, 2015, 11:27 Wallshadows

You can play using the original control scheme or an alternate control scheme that lets you just push the analog stick to move in the direction you want to go.

So, it's hard to say how that translates for the keyboard and mouse but I'm hoping the alternate isn't an absolute mess.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
4. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 11, 2015, 10:34 Wallshadows

"Upcoming"  

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 11, 2015, 10:31 Wallshadows

Yeah, if this isn't a new baiting scheme to get outside funding from all the 'America, fuck yeah' types who don't want to be pushed around by the Hermit Nation then I will eat my hat.  

1. Re: Resident Evil HD Specs Jan 11, 2015, 10:25 Wallshadows

I pre-ordered it last night from GMG for $15 once I realized it was available to do so. I only hope that the keyboard and mouse controls follow the scheme used in 5/6 until I can get a decent controller to play classic tank mode.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
1. Re: Saturday Previews Jan 10, 2015, 16:08 Wallshadows

Resident Evil HD Remasteres hit pre-orders and it's $15 on GMG VIP but I don't have a controller...well, I used to when I bought MGS2 way back in the day and it seems to have disappeared in to the either.

I wonder if it'll have the same K+M control scheme as the later PC ports when you toggle the 'new' combat aiming system because I can live with that until I find a nice cheap game pad to get classic 'move like a tank' mode.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Evolve
12. Re: Gone Gold - Evolve Jan 8, 2015, 18:53 Wallshadows

L4D with a random map generator rather than being on rails with the only dice being rolled being that observer throwing waves at you would be great. Destructible terrain, better weapon variety, greater weapon modifications, and functional tools to manipulate the environment to function as a stronghold for 'hold out' missions or just to stall the map.

That would be a great start, I guess.

News Comments > Valve: Steam Machines "Front and Center" at GDC
8. Re: Valve: Steam Machines Jan 8, 2015, 18:37 Wallshadows

Is this the Phantom?  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 8, 2015, 11:05 Wallshadows

It seems that with the latest gen consoles that the requirements on the PC side of things has increased to a much larger extent than it did in previous console generations. Is this due to porting made easier now that they all run on x86 architecture and are able to throw more at the PC side of things rather than developing for the lowest common denominator?

RAM is stupid cheap most of the time so I'm not concerned that anyone would be gated by the 6GB or even 8GB requirements we're seeing thrown around now but rather the GPU and CPUs required seemed to take an extra leap in to the stratosphere to get 'recommended' playstyles and those together are generally worth more than the console they are being ported from which will only gain more popularity. Throw in a new motherboard, if needed, and we're talking a fair chunk of change.

Granted, recommended on PC is likely of higher quality than you would get on a console unless you're shady as fuck like Ubisoft was for Watch Dogs and Far Cry 4 but between ported titles, poor optimization, and poorly scaling graphic engines I hope there will be some stability in the near future in regards to requirements.

News Comments > Zombie Studios Closed
1. Re: Zombie Studios Closed Jan 8, 2015, 10:51 Wallshadows

For being around for so long, how come I've only heard of them just now?  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB
42. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 19:48 Wallshadows

A quick search provided a fair amount of choices. Whether they apply to you and your location, I wouldn't know, but it doesn't hurt to check!  

News Comments > Aliens Games Back on Steam
4. Re: Aliens Games Back on Steam Jan 7, 2015, 18:27 Wallshadows

I might reinstall AvP for the sake of having something to do when I find myself on the teetering edge of PoE ladder burn out and need something new.

Then again, I should really download Isolation again since it fucked up the installation and finish it too. Yeah, that's what I'll do...tomorrow.

36. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 17:42 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 16:57:
Where would even you even sell old hardware? Ebay or what?

I've sold parts on Ebay before but after hearing about 'empty box' scams which protect the buyer and shaft the seller, not anymore. I stick to local Kijiji listings and do in person transaction with generally no-refund policy. Not that I sell broken shit or would ever do so but once it leaves my hands in working condition, it's their property and responsibility.

14. Re: The Witcher 3 Specs; Requires 6GB Jan 7, 2015, 13:32 Wallshadows

I dumped money in to a MSI 970 Gaming board with a FX-6300 for a pretty decent deal with free shipping thrown in to boot. I figure i'll have no problem overclocking the 6300 with my Noctua sitting on top of it to give even more performance to price. I'll just throw on a better GPU somewhere down the line since, apparently, my 7850 is now shit according to game specs lately.  

2469 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo