Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2013 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jul 22, 2013, 21:17 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2013, 20:24:
So you're happy for parasites who think they're better than you and expect you bow and scrape to them for no real reason at all? Well, bully for you. This world is full of masochists, one more certainly won't make a difference. Personally I find the very concept of an aristocracy to be deeply offensive.

I think it's important to note that the form of Aristocracy which you seem to be angry with is more suitable to that which existed in, say, the Feudal ages when social class structures were extremely rigid and restricted those who were eligible to hold such a position of power. On one hand, you could be an extremely intelligent serf but you'll always be under a lord while on the other hand, you could be the biggest fuckwit lord but you'll always be above a serf if you're born in to it.

The Aristocracy of today in developed nations is mostly used as a title or a formality rather than to ensure only those with a certain social standing or heredity can form a ruling class.

If anything, the 'best' to fill in such rolls has evolved in to Plutocracy which I find much more appalling.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Jul 22, 2013, 20:25 Wallshadows

I can't wait for the GOTY release!  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jul 21, 2013, 13:49 Wallshadows

So by the time Fall rolls around, we'll have Firefox version 1421 pre-alpha build 6-E.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Next Week?
1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Next Week? Jul 20, 2013, 14:08 Wallshadows

Remember, this is now considered canon.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2013, 19:59 Wallshadows

So far, this steam summer sail has been a terrific flop in my eyes. I've bought more indy games than big-studio games but can still count them all on one hand.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 19:36 Wallshadows

Aren't they always losing money when they release their quarterlies and recently went through a corporate shuffle with staff?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 15, 2013, 20:11 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 20:02:
<checks calendar, determines it is not April 1st>

When you have as much money as him, any day can be any thing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 14, 2013, 16:18 Wallshadows

Creston wrote on Jul 14, 2013, 15:33:
Btw, the FO:NV ultimate edition is currently on sale for 5 bucks. That may genuinely be the most incredible value ever seen. Their four DLCs are pretty decent, and the main game is great. That's an easy 80-100 hours of RPG goodness for 5 bucks.

Creston

Not just FO:NV but the entire FO franchise is 75% off. I picked up FO GOTY for 5$.

Another title I greatly enjoy for sheer destruction is Universe Sandbox. There's some kind of relaxation at watching Andromeda smash in to the Milky Way or when you change the gravitation constant.

Deadlight looks like a lot of fun too!

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 13, 2013, 16:49 Wallshadows

Chatroom Claptrap.  

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jul 12, 2013, 00:32 Wallshadows

I should read before I post.  

News Comments > Rambo Trailer
1. Re: Rambo Trailer Jul 10, 2013, 19:46 Wallshadows

2013 Game of the Year.  

News Comments > Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC
3. Re: Gearbox Teases New IP; More Borderlands 2 DLC Jul 8, 2013, 21:41 Wallshadows

I look forward to the scandals and shady business practices when they reveal more details in the future.  

News Comments > Brain Overclocking Headset
2. Re: Brain Overclocking Headset Jul 5, 2013, 10:38 Wallshadows

I bet the contact points are gold-plated to provide the best experience.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Movie Status
30. Re: World of Warcraft Movie Status Jul 3, 2013, 19:11 Wallshadows

The problem I have is that it appears they are dead-set on continuity between what will be happening further in to the game to tie in to the movie. The reason why they dumped Raimi was because they veto'd his script after it was penned because it was not involved with the main story so, for me, they want to keep it all together.

In all honesty, I will not be surprised if Blizzard uses the movie as they do with the books and use it as a method to fill in the blanks of the story rather than to incorporate them in to the game which has been a big issues (for me) since the end of WotLK to cash in on. We're likely on the brink of being told to watch the movie and read the book in order to understand the hamfisted plot within the game.

Unfortunately, they're doing a fantastic job at killing off pivotal characters. So much so that it'll eventually become as shallow as their current story is now, filled with characters and events you don't really give a shit about that it may as well should be its own movie of a different era and that means they trashed Raimi for nothing and missed their window of opportunity.

Either way, this will still rake in 800 million dollars on the name alone. It could be two hours of watching Metzen take a shit and people would still pay to see it.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Movie Status
9. Re: World of Warcraft Movie Status Jul 3, 2013, 11:28 Wallshadows

In comparison, Pacific Rim can't be worse than Atlantic Rim.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jul 2, 2013, 20:54 Wallshadows

I'd like to see an Alice movie based on his vision of the franchise but we'd probably end up with Bad Day LA McGee in terms of quality.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 2, 2013, 20:52 Wallshadows

Because consoles are the bastion of light against the darkness of piracy.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches Jun 27, 2013, 22:54 Wallshadows

I explained to my friend about the plight I had with Gearbox and why I didn't want to pick up the Season Pass or at least the new DLC to play with him and another friend so what does the bastard nice guy do?

Gifts me the season pass.

News Comments > Diablo III Bans
6. Re: Diablo III Bans Jun 27, 2013, 22:52 Wallshadows

I played it enough after patch 1.08 released to hit Paragon 38 which only took a week or so of casual grinding to make Inferno Machines. What blew my socks off was the fact that I sold a nearly perfect Leoric ring on the RMAH for $3 and bought more gold than I would ever likely farm on my own.

Once you get that much gold and given how easy it can be to get there thanks to selling shit on the RMAH, you've essentially beat the game and nothing ever becomes an 'ohhhh shiny' moment. For about 100m gold, I decked out my Barbarian to around 225k DPS and got to the point where I can walk over mobs in high MP games.

I essentially bought myself out of enjoying the game.

News Comments > Strike Vector Trailer, Greenlight Campaign
2. Re: Strike Vector Trailer, Greenlight Campaign Jun 27, 2013, 09:35 Wallshadows

So it's a 3D version of Macross.  

2013 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo