Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2170 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development?
28. Re: Gooseman Outs Half-Life 3 and L4D3 Development? May 22, 2014, 22:45 Wallshadows

I would rather reread Dante's Inferno than anything this Gooseman guy says or writes. Those two paragraphs are simply awful, let alone the rest which I am sure is just as bad, and the person who transcribed it must have been on the boss's shit list.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent
7. Re: Diablo III Legendary Anniversary Buff Becomes Permanent May 22, 2014, 10:26 Wallshadows

I've been pretty unlucky when it comes to set items to drop, especially now that they can be gambled. Nice that they kept the buff though and I can't wait to see what's coming in the next patch with tiered rifts and ladders!  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse May 16, 2014, 22:08 Wallshadows

I'm not sure if this is related to the first article, but why is it that bandwidth seems like a finite resource that's being kept in a jar? Why is it that bandwidth is treated like physical property if the infrastructure is already in place for those who already have access to it?

I get that a lot of activity can bog down bandwidth but how can we 'run out' and how can anyone justify putting a cap on digital property?

...or am I all ass-backwards on the understanding that bandwidth is infinite and ISPs are greedy dicks that use invisible walls to make money?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2014, 13:58 Wallshadows

eRe4s3r wrote on May 14, 2014, 11:52:
Well, there should be 0 demand from bitcoin miners at this stage, because mine rate is below power cost for GPU mining nowadays.... also I think a currency that is just wasting power is one of the absolutely dumbest things to ever surface in this world.

I can see it not being an issue when a cryptocurrency bottoms out in value and the power cost can make mining a loss rather than a gain but it seemed as though when they peak, there were quite a bit of reports that increased crypto mining lead to increased demand for AMD cards which were more efficient at mining than nVidia-bcased cards and allowed the retailers to inflate prices. Again, it may not be the case now but I would bet the farm that the next time we get to another peak in crypto value, the same surge in pricing will happen.

Although, what I was thinking of was Litecoin mining but I assume they all follow the same rise and fall trend so I would guess that the same could be applied to other cryptos as well.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 14, 2014, 11:46 Wallshadows

That's good and all, AMD, but aren't the retailers tagging on an inflated pricing scheme due to the demand from bitcoin miners and pocketing all that extra chunk of change?  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
5. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 10, 2014, 16:14 Wallshadows

If it gets bad enough, couldn't all these internet and tech companies who oppose the dismantling of net neutrality come together and work on bringing something like Darknet to the common-folk and create a new type of internet if it were to go through?

...or would that be wildly illegal because it supports terrorism and harms children?

This comment was edited on May 10, 2014, 16:24.

News Comments > The Impossible Game on Steam
1. Re: The Impossible Game on Steam May 10, 2014, 15:22 Wallshadows

Super Hexagon is pretty damn hard too!  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Video Diary
1. Re: Alien Isolation Video Diary May 10, 2014, 13:04 Wallshadows

I'm a little fuzzy on the description they offer in regards to the Alien. Is it just something that has always been there and is a really shitty neighbor or something?  

News Comments > EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds
3. Re: EA Still Investigating GameSpy Workarounds May 10, 2014, 12:57 Wallshadows

"Investigating"  

News Comments > Dying Light Delayed
6. Re: Dying Light Delayed May 8, 2014, 21:57 Wallshadows

Prez wrote on May 8, 2014, 20:44:
Strangely I'm still very interested in zombie games if they are done well. State of Decay is one of my favorite games of the year so far, and I'm still very interested in Dying Light.

There's a Nicholas Cage comparison to be made somewhere in there.

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
5. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 13:59 Wallshadows

Remember when you would charge people to use the public washrooms within your park? This kind of feels like that.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 7, 2014, 13:56 Wallshadows

InBlack wrote on May 7, 2014, 03:52:
Wallshadows wrote on May 7, 2014, 00:19:
....in-depth lore and events.

In depth lore? Blizzard? Dont you mean the kiddie story book stuff that's supposed to pass for lore since Blizzard North left the company? Please....

Trust me, I know the lore is shit and only getting worse, especially after reading the cliffnotes on the latest book, Warcrimes. It's basically a shitty version of Law and Order and it just makes you die a little on the inside.

I would much rather experience it as a whole from within the game rather than be given tidbits, have a switch flipped and be told to go read a book to find out what happened during that transition.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 7, 2014, 00:19 Wallshadows

The only update you'll see between now and WoD is the 6.0 pre-patch which will likely include an event. In fact, the reason why there is nothing more beyond 5.4.x is due to the fact that Blizzard decided they didn't want to make an interim update and, instead, pulled their MoP team to focus on getting Warlords out quicker.

The thing is is that if they don't have it out before September 9th, which I REALLY doubt they will, it'll be the longest period of time in the game's history where it went without a content update. If anything, it's likely going to be a December release and using Blizzcon in November as a platform to pretend this whole mess never happened.

...and you can be damn sure that the pre-expansion event will be bullshit unless you paid $20 to buy their shitty books which are now the only way they provide in-depth lore and events.

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
1. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 3, 2014, 13:06 Wallshadows

Interesting changes seeing as how I do a lot of Planetary Interaction and Mining to make the bulk of my isk.  

News Comments > CCP's Project Legion Announced
3. Re: CCP's Project Legion Announced May 2, 2014, 21:59 Wallshadows

Ehhhh, I don't know. They had enough money to build a big ass statue.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Gameplay Footage
3. Re: H1Z1 Gameplay Footage Apr 30, 2014, 12:47 Wallshadows

@50 seconds - dat hit detection!  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Key Giveaway
3. Re: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway Apr 30, 2014, 11:18 Wallshadows

Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 10:32:
"Only users who Like this page are eligible to enter."

So, you're basically holding beta keys hostage in order to force people into liking your page, even if they really don't? That is so lame.

It's give and take. After it's all said and done, you can just unlike.

News Comments > Rogue Shooter Demo
1. Re: Rogue Shooter Demo Apr 27, 2014, 12:39 Wallshadows

Everything is Roguelike these days.  

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Launches in North America
8. Re: Minecraft Realms Launches in North America Apr 24, 2014, 22:24 Wallshadows

Fun game but talk about a lot of horseshit to get multiplayer off the ground.  

News Comments > Titanfall: Expedition Map Details
1. Re: Titanfall: Expedition Map Details Apr 24, 2014, 14:26 Wallshadows

Large scale battles with up to 12 players!

Reminds me of the old Warcraft video where they talked about how Bear form could take on the strength to tank up to five gorillas.

2170 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo