Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2576 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 13, 2015, 12:03 Wallshadows

The summed up, bullet-point version of Tavern Talk really was really hard to read through because it shows just how out of touch the developers are with the player base. They bury their head in the sand and feel as though getting bored after a while is a design philosophy .

Yeah, no. I appreciate the amount of work they've done in the RoS update but there is much more room to improve on but they continue to ignore or shoot down suggestions because they simply know better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Interviews
7. Re: Morning Interviews Feb 13, 2015, 11:10 Wallshadows

It's so unbelievable that the link is no longer working...at least for me...  

News Comments > AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs
4. Re: AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs Feb 13, 2015, 11:03 Wallshadows

Don't the older Thubans have six physical cores though as opposed to the three and four we have in the current FX 63xx and 83xx Piledrivers? Not that it matters much on the gaming front though.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
6. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 10:57 Wallshadows

I actually really liked Space Marines in spite of being fairly repetitive.  

News Comments > AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs
1. Re: AO Hatred Steam Listing Offers Specs Feb 13, 2015, 10:29 Wallshadows

The Intel and AMD processor requirements seem to be getting more and more strange in their disparity.  

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
4. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Feb 13, 2015, 10:27 Wallshadows

Please don't suck.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details
1. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns PvP Details Feb 13, 2015, 10:22 Wallshadows

The two things I hate the most about the expansion is the jungle setting and the fact that the best items available now will remain the best items available when it comes out.

Horizontal progression can eat a boot sometimes but hopefully the mastery system will make this a non-issue of sorts.

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 16:04 Wallshadows

I do agree that the entertainment is there, even when he completely flies off the handle and goes all Hector Salamanco with the bell but his DL review just really rubbed me the wrong way even though I only see it as an 'okay' game.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 12:25 Wallshadows

So when does public safety take priority over uncertainty?

The Anti-vax movement is built on the uneducated, paranoid, and doubtful types who refuse to understand the underlying issue by continuously regurgitating 'facts' which are nearly universally discredited for being bologna. We live in a golden age of information to research and yet they continue to bury their heads in the sand because they would rather listen to someone like Jenny MaCarthy and think it's some kind of conspiracy than actually educate themselves on the matter.

Instead of focusing on the handful of whackjobs doctors who encourage anti-vaccination, they need to broaden their outlook but they'll never do that because being an anti-vaxxer is to live in a sheltered world where lies are truths and big pharma is out to get you.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 12, 2015, 11:31 Wallshadows

Aside from Hipsters, I don't think there is any sub-culture which annoys me more than Steampunk and I don't know why.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 12, 2015, 10:54 Wallshadows

Your mileage may vary when it comes to measles but it's not something you generally want to expose those with compromised or low immune systems to. If you're lucky, it'll pass soon after a rash breaks out but the most common complication is Pneumonia and that's generally the killer. There are other less common complications which are equally bad such as Encephalitis. Ironically enough, those who are anti-vax see the vaccine as something which causes autism but Encephalitis can cause retardation.

Thanks to this movement, we're essentially throwing away 60 years of medical progress out the window because there will likely come a point where even our Herd Immunity will become compromised because of these fucking assholes who should be charged with child neglect, have child services remove their children, and force sterilization on to the parents.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Feb 12, 2015, 10:20 Wallshadows

My opinion of DL is a few comments down in the WAB video and I still feel mostly the same way. I actually haven't picked it back up since beating it because it means having to go through most of the mundane tedium which is a open world bogged down in really garbage sidequests and lack of reward for exploration. I would return to it in spite of having the QTE last boss fight if they released more Twins-related quests but that's it.

As I said before though, that review really shows how much of a bitch he is when it comes to being an absolute dick for no other reason than to be a dick. There's passionate and then there's just being an overbearing asshole who can dish it out but can't take it. He acts as though no other game in the industry copies certain features, makes illogical comparisons, and treats his opinion of the matter as the law of the land.

He talks shit about rabid fanboyism and yet that's the only group he positively interacts with within his comments. Everyone else who slights him in the most insignificant way gets banned.

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
6. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 11, 2015, 20:58 Wallshadows

I bet a copy of Ow My Balls! was included in the purchase.  

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
6. Re: Daybreak Layoffs Feb 11, 2015, 20:56 Wallshadows

I'm sure Blizzard has already seen to it that those who matter won't be without a job for very long, or at least tried.  

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings Feb 11, 2015, 09:39 Wallshadows

Not just main characters, either. There were some heroes who had me scratching my head as to knowing who they were like Rehgar who comes from the comics and Nazeebo from...thin air...  

News Comments > Wargame: Red Dragon Free DLC
1. Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Free DLC Feb 10, 2015, 21:26 Wallshadows

The video looks pretty nice and it seems to be an overall decent product but does anyone have any first hand experience they would like to share since I've been meaning to pick up a decent RTS for some time now.  

News Comments > GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action
1. Re: GSC Would Consider STALKER: Apocalypse Legal Action Feb 10, 2015, 21:21 Wallshadows

That guy in the video wears a wrist watch over his shirt.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
31. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 14:21 Wallshadows

The best quests involved the Twins. I would love to see a follow up quest chain with them.  

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
15. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:53 Wallshadows

Is Grim Dawn even profitable if that is his intent though? He should go to POE since that had a pretty ravenous market once a season starts which probably translates to a lot of real-money transactions.  

News Comments > Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details
5. Re: Dying Light DLC Released; Season Pass Details Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 Wallshadows

So this DLC is nothing more than a glorified quarantine zone? Bleh.

Personally, I don't really see the need to buy DLC if the game will become open to modders especially if said DLC is simply unlocking locations or new weapons.

2576 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo