Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 1912 (Pro)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2013, 15:29 Wallshadows

My friend plays as the Psycho and it's fun to watch how his mechanics play out depending on the tree he's in. Not sure which skill tree it was, but he would constantly get in to the fight for your life mode and would lob sticks of dynamite until the timer hit zero and insta-gib those around him with the last stick to get second wind. The more people he took with him, the more health back and he was practically chaining this through the entire playthrough. It's interesting though since they have a skill which allows them to also take friendly fire so there is a little bit of coordination required.

For example, you don't really want to kill all the mobs while he is in fight for your life mode or he gets no benefit from it. The other being that you need to accept the fact that his death is part of the mechanic and to not worry with reviving him to get second wind unless all the mobs are already dead.

I'd play it but I'm not going to fork over $10 for a character and I definitely don't feel like giving Gearbox any money.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team
4. Re: Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team May 19, 2013, 15:18 Wallshadows

These Russians don't wear track pants so you know they mean business.  

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
11. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 10:54 Wallshadows

Being a fan of Republic Commando, I'm interested to see if this is the direction DICE will take since fps/action is their bread and butter.  

News Comments > RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month
4. Re: RIFT Free-to-Play Next Month May 14, 2013, 22:41 Wallshadows

I doubt WoW would ever implement a F2P system since they sell the shit out of what would be F2P items in the form of macrotransactions such as mounts and pets on top of a subscription. They're doing quite well with this.

Also, I believe with the way Blizzard is now a publicly traded company, it might scare off too many shareholders and would rather reap the benefits of the current model as opposed to the risk of losing those shareholders due to less dolla dolla bills. Then again, I'm no economist so I could just be talking out of my ass!

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo
6. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 22:33 Wallshadows

Six hours isn't too bad but it depends on how well he is familiar with the game. It would put it in the same neighborhood as RE4 and 5 as far as speed run is concerned but if that's the time after your first or second play-through then it'll easily be one of the shortest RE games which is what I feared since you can only jam so much content in to a GBA cartridge...

I'll buy it but definitely waiting for a hefty sale...

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations Demo
3. Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo May 14, 2013, 21:03 Wallshadows

How long do you figure the overall campaign is? Two hours? Four hours?  

News Comments > The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews
3. Re: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Video; Previews May 13, 2013, 10:24 Wallshadows

I can't wait till conspiracy theorists reuse bits of this game to make a super serious Youtube video.  

News Comments > Diablo III Economy Follow-up
7. Re: Diablo III Economy Follow-up May 8, 2013, 23:22 Wallshadows

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 8, 2013, 21:54:
Wonder how many lawyers you can buy with 100 billion D3 gold...

Sad thing is, you can probably convert it over the RMAH and make a huge chunk of change even after Blizz/Paypal take their cut. Even if you sold in bulk and it comes out to 10 cents per one million or w/e, that's still pretty damn amazing. You could probably get Jack Thompson to take it for you.

Paypal would likely freeze your account or some shit though anyway.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost
14. Re: Activision Blizzard Results, More WoW Subs Lost May 8, 2013, 23:06 Wallshadows

Devil's advocate but the game is nearly 10 years old, of course it'll start to dip in subscription numbers.  

News Comments > Capcom Financials
4. Re: Capcom Financials May 8, 2013, 18:32 Wallshadows

Got Resident Evil 6 on the cheap from GMG and I have to say, it's probably the best one since RE3/CV (IMO) because it has certain throw-back elements which triggers my nostalgia of wadding through Raccoon City in a bunch of missions but on a much larger scale. The hit detection is top notch and to see bits and chunks fly off the zambies is pretty entertaining.

That said, it definitely suffers with a VERY annoying camera system at times and, although it embraces a more dark setting than 4 and 5, it still retains the Saturday-morning cartoon villain feeling as well as substituting survival-horror for the Michael Bay approach which doesn't really do anything for me. There are also way too many cave/wilderness levels and some of the enemy character designs range from terrifying to downright stupid too.

I wish they would reuse some of the old cast though rather than continue to reuse Chris and especially Leon. I'd love to see Barry or even Rebecca at least get some closure but I hear Claire is in Revelations so that's okay.

All in all, the replayability is what will make this worth the $23 price of admission and it makes me look forward to Revelations if I can catch it on sale.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Foul-up
22. Re: Diablo III Auction House Foul-up May 8, 2013, 16:00 Wallshadows

This is as close to walking in to a game in Diablo 2 to discover the whole floor in the Rogue Encampment was covered in Stone of Jordans.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auction House Foul-up
16. Re: Diablo III Auction House Foul-up May 8, 2013, 15:20 Wallshadows

Cram wrote on May 8, 2013, 15:00:
Without a rollback, the economy is broken. Forever.

A full rollback would also haul in the RMAH since players could dupe their gold, buy a great item, and turn around to sell it on the RMAH for a really low price to capitalize on this exploit while it's still hot. It would beg to question whether Blizzard would be in a position to refund those purchases or simply remove the item and quote some bullshit line in their EULA as to why they can't issue a refund. In any case, it would be a disaster.

Like I said in another post, if this was just directly affecting in-game gold and not actual dollars, they would probably just do an entire rollback if they're capable of saving such details like how many gold a player has on X date.

They shut down auctions until closing off the exploit

So for the first time it was actually a Diablo game.

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
2. Re: Diablo III Patched May 7, 2013, 21:57 Wallshadows

Yup, the economy is pretty much in full meltdown right now. Since it can affect the RMAH, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a rollback if possible to keep their golden cow from getting bruises and look bad. Trouble is, what would happen to the regular Joe who bought a legit item at an actual price since these shenanigans began. Would it go poof since it would be caught in the rollback net and lose the money he spent on it?

This would be easy fix if it was only gold but their RMAH is going to bite them in the ass because of this kind of shit. They were worried about the players fucking up the game's economy but in reality, they seem to be doing it more to themselves.

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Evening Patches May 6, 2013, 21:01 Wallshadows

That patch clocks in at a meaty 1.1GB.

Throw in the previous visual and AI patch and they are as large as the initial game itself upon release.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 5, 2013, 16:21 Wallshadows

Was over at a pal's house and decided to fire up Riptide and I was appalled with how many elements have simply been recycled in to the game. They literally lifted the Prison from the first title and put it in place for the final chapter in Riptide. I don't know if thought they could fool you by adding extra boxes and changing the bars to doors or were rushing to meet a deadline but it blows my mind that it took them as long as they did to essentially release what would have been an expansion from 13 years ago.

No lie, when I fired up the game to try and immediately noticed the familiar layout of the level, I turned to my friend and said 'wtf, did I load the wrong game?' which was followed by a no.

The only thing that was 'new' from my time playing was a chainsaw that dropped off some crazy bitch which I can only assume is the same for the rest of the game. Sure, it's a tropical paradise but after seeing some videos and photos, it's quite clear that Techland put minimum effort to maximize a return on a game which was hoping to leech off of those who bought in to Dead Island.

If I never played the first title, I would say it's alright. I don't mind the endless grind versus the undead because that's the backbone of this franchise. It was rather enjoyable to dice through zombies with a electric Katana but knowing this is all familiar and with such little change, it just felt like a money grab. Bear in mind, this is my opinion after only playing it for about an hour.

It even ends on a rather lousy cliffhanger so I wouldn't be surprised if they already have DI3 underway if they're just going to follow the same recycling methods.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue May 4, 2013, 22:47 Wallshadows

I've pretty much maintained a form of communication silence in order to avoid being pelted with people saying that.

Until now. Thanks Blue! You magnificent bastard.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews May 4, 2013, 22:45 Wallshadows

The FPS RPG genre seems like a lot of work for an indie dev. I look at a game such as Deus Ex and you can tell they have the resources and time frame to provide a fully-detailed game from front to back (haven't played Invisible War).

It's a do-or-die concept which depends on being able to capitalize on your project with a pile of cash and a loose deadline which may be why it's not a typical genre to come out of the Indie camp?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 3, 2013, 11:23 Wallshadows

I'd wager a golden Unicorn and say the upper level guys are old dinosaurs who don't know any better which is much worse.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 11:06 Wallshadows

While I would love to see them get grilled in court over this, I doubt it'll happen but it's not really a 'win' for SEGA and Gearbox either. Their reputation, especially the already dubious efforts of Gearbox, has become tarnished and now that dislike extends well beyond those who got burned by purchasing this product.

The silver lining, if anything, is hopefully a win for the community and will deter any other studio for following the same route.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
18. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 10:15 Wallshadows

This is going to be awesome.  

1912 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo