Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2177 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 "Right Around the Corner"
3. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Jun 18, 2014, 00:19 Wallshadows

About time they're adding season ladders. Now the big question is how long they'll last before being reset and whether or not each new season will offer a consistent number of new unique items.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Deus Ex Details?
3. Re: New Deus Ex Details? Jun 17, 2014, 10:20 Wallshadows

Wildone wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 09:51:
As long as they make it for consoles with dumbed down graphics, lots of quicktime events & bad boss fights- count me IN!!!!!!!!!!!

If it ain't in the handheld market, count me out!

News Comments > Line Of Defense $99 Early Access
11. Re: Line Of Defense $99 Early Access Jun 16, 2014, 18:42 Wallshadows

Watched the trailer. Cannot unwatch the trailer.

Honestly, why would I have any desire to play this game when I can get the whole experience for free on Planetside 2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 21:49 Wallshadows

Quinn wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 19:05:
I'm one among the perhaps now rare breed of gamers that buy a 1,5k per 3 years PC for quality stuff like The Witcher 3, instead of Minecraft and Commander Keen HD... Early Access kickstarter.

I'm with you there but only to a certain point. I don't really care about this 8-bit or voxel shovelware era we've been seeing steadily increase. They we're neat back when Darwinia sort of broke through in to the mainstream market but now you can't scroll through the Steam front page without seeing numerous $4.99 games which should be free browser titles.

However, I can't go so far as to say I drop that much money on a new system every three years mostly due to my budget. Don't get me wrong, I would if I could but I generally build a machine that'll do the job for some time before I eventually do an overhaul or upgrade certain components.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 15, 2014, 15:24 Wallshadows

Seems like a pretty standard list...until the Resident Evil entry. Is it on some kind of super amazing deal? Should I take five seconds to find out?

Stay tuned!

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 12, 2014, 20:16 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2014, 19:30:
Note: if you're using AdBlocker Plus or anything else that disables cookies, you're going to need to turn that off before you'll be able to opt out.

Derp quote of the day.

We really need a Quote of the Day/Week/Month hanging at the top of the site. Memories of VE.

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
5. Re: Carmack-Free QuakeCon Jun 12, 2014, 20:13 Wallshadows

Lets talk about mega textures!  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2014, 20:09 Wallshadows

Maybe it's a propulsion system which runs off all the garbage in space.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
18. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 20:05 Wallshadows

They likely couldn't get to Newt because of her ability to live among the garbage and crawl spaces within the compound. Ain't no Xenomorphs got time fo dat!  

News Comments > Minecraft Server Payments Follow-up
2. Re: Minecraft Server Payments Follow-up Jun 12, 2014, 19:51 Wallshadows

The first rule reminds me of when you would visit Wirt in the first Diablo. You're not paying for the item, you're giving it to him as a gesture of goodwill and the item just happens to be there.

..or something like that.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up
5. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Female Lead Follow-up Jun 11, 2014, 21:58 Wallshadows

Just take the heat now rather than later when your cookie cutter Angelina Jolie-inspired, shit-tier character gets seriously panned.

Angelina Jolie and the Tomb Raider movies have pretty much erased all the hard work Sigourney Weaver, Sarah Michelle Geller and Linda Hamilton put in to making strong female characters on all mediums of entertainment. Joss Whedon tried to fix this with Gina Torres and Summer Glau but Fox pulled the god damn plug and had another chance with the Wonder Woman movie until that too got cancelled so now we're left with all the left overs with hard bodies and flat writing.

I don't even know if I am ranting about the right thing. I just got caught on a tangent and I rode it in to town.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 22:05.

News Comments > Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity
23. Re: Female Lead Cut from Assassin's Creed: Unity Jun 11, 2014, 12:08 Wallshadows

Nine studios to essentially create the same game? Now we know where those 'tonnes of resources' are going.  

News Comments > H1Z1 "My Evil Ways" E3 Trailer
7. Re: H1Z1 Jun 9, 2014, 15:02 Wallshadows

I'll just come out and say it. If a game can come along and be a DayZ clone but not look, run and control like shit then I'd probably buy it.

The Real Virtuality 3 engine is both a curse and a blessing so seeing how a game like this runs on the same engine that powers Planetside 2 will be interesting.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 8, 2014, 16:43 Wallshadows

I wonder if the PSN users will have to put up with a nearly week-long wait in order for the balance to be transferred because 'reasons' or if that only happens when you add money to it from a bank account, pull out your hair at how slow it is, and never use it again.

PayPal fucking sucks...

News Comments > Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs
7. Re: Minecraft versus Pay to Win Severs Jun 8, 2014, 16:30 Wallshadows

So would they sell slots which had varying degrees of mod functionality or is it possible to simply black out specific advanced tiers of machinery for certain players through admin powers?  

News Comments > Nether Leaves Early Access
5. Re: Nether Leaves Early Access Jun 7, 2014, 10:18 Wallshadows

Weren't there stories/rumors that some of the folks over at Hammerpoint Interactive were helping out on this game and that's why it's basically WarZ on the Unreal Engine?  

News Comments > 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed
13. Re: 64-Bit PC Dead Rising 3 Confirmed Jun 5, 2014, 13:54 Wallshadows

Those system requirements make me lol.  

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
8. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 13:36 Wallshadows

When you say others, I'm curious to know what they are because I would be down to try them out.

To play devil's advocate for Carbine, they're an unproven developer who have put four or five years in to their first product. They aren't EA who can take a 400+ million dollar chance on making a Star Wars MMO and ultimately see it reserved for a niche corner of the MMO market or Blizzard who can milk their consumers with micro/macrotransactions on top of subs because of reputation. They're more like Flagship Studios (without the scum) who can sink if their first product is not up to par with the standards of the industry or their own hype.

The MMO market is super saturated and I firmly believe that MMOs that can use their monthly subscription for the purpose of developing content are the exact same to microtransaction systems such as those in Guild Wars 2. Just because you or I are not purchasing gems in the market does not mean nobody is dropping much more than a monthly subscription on them or other whirlygigs. The content they are able to push out at this point is likely directly tied to their microtransactions since their initial box sales are likely a minority in their pool of banked money.

Optional mincrotransactions simply allow players who don't want to pay beyond the box price (or nothing at all) to have their cake and eat it to by relying on others to throw enough money at developers to get a free ticket in to more content.

Like I said before, the Wildstar developers have 13 months worth of content updates ready to drop every 28 days. These aren't just costume updates but full zones, battlegrounds, and more. If they can retain their lofty goal beyond those 13 months to introduce more content on the same schedule, is that not the epitome of having a monthly subscription? I mean, in comparison, Blizzard throws out a new raid tier once every six to eight months with the exception of expansion updates so what feels like better bang for your buck? One chunk of tier which comes out after player fatigue or six to eight smaller, consistent content updates to keep things somewhat fresh?

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 14:15.

News Comments > WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers
6. Re: WildStar Launches - Free Realm Transfers Jun 3, 2014, 12:51 Wallshadows

They already have 13 months worth of content drops ready to go out the gate, releasing once every 28 days. Personally, I don't see the problem with a monthly subscription if they are actually using it to meet their plan to release content updates every 28 days rather than wait six months to a year for something new.

As for the price tag itself, well, GMG and the likes have been able to knock off $10 - $15 with their discount codes since forever so to make a fuss over it being $60 is kind of a lazy argument. I bought mine for $45 so I basically got another free month if I were to have bought it at the regular price.

Maybe I am biased but why is it that some seem to think Carbine should scrape the bottom on pricing the game in order to be more appealing? I get that cheaper is easier on the wallet but it's not like Wildstar is lacking in content, goals to create more content or have the resources of Blizzard to offset any losses and still remain afloat. If they were to push it out for $20, the game would likely end after Auroria and be crippled with updates.

/shrug

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 13:06.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2014, 11:05 Wallshadows

Having keyboard and mouse support is a hard thing to do, apparently?  

2177 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo