Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2096 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Transformers Universe Trailer
4. Re: Transformers Universe Trailer Feb 7, 2014, 17:56 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 16:59:
It's amazing how those films totally ruined this IP. Serves them right for using Shitty Lebeef and Megan Dumbwhore Fox.

Recasting the main character to be Marky Mark is the next best thing since ditching Megan Thumbs but that's a drop in an ocean full of shit.

I like Marky. Even if he is essentially the same two-dimensional character in most movies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 7, 2014, 17:52 Wallshadows

I suspect that if this title bombs then Fox will bury the license deep within the bowls of Earth along with those who know its location.

But really, I am surprised it took them this long to come up with the most basic concept to deliver what could be a terrifying experience if it leans more towards the acclaimed Amnesia rather than what happened to A:CM.

Keeping a cautious eye on it.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Trailer
2. Re: Transformers Universe Trailer Feb 7, 2014, 16:22 Wallshadows

So, does someone own the rights to the classic Transformer sound when they...transform?

Because I haven't heard it since the original cartoons and maybe Beast Wars?

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Beta Signups Redux
3. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Beta Signups Redux Feb 7, 2014, 16:19 Wallshadows

The only MOBA which I can stand to play is SMITE and, apparently, I play one mean Guardian!

Must be the camera angle that does it for me. I hate the isometric camera system used in nearly every other MOBA...

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
7. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 10:07 Wallshadows

I wonder how much they'll trim off the requirements to play this game as Alpha and Beta are introduced. Otherwise, they've already severed a fair portion of the gaming community with fairly steep specs so this is just another step in that direction.

I mean, even if you have the machine to run this game well, it still has a 10Mbps 'minimum' requirement tagged on which means folks like me would have to upgrade their internet service if it remains unchanged.

...yeah, I have a 7Mbps connection...

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
14. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 12:36 Wallshadows

I couldn't watch the video, really, because it would buffer for about five seconds at a time.  

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
9. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 17:11 Wallshadows

Some realms are so dead that there are clusters which have up to five realms strung together. Bonechewer, Aegwynn, Daggerspine, Gurubashi and Hakkar are all together but the sad thing is is that there are likely still less raiding guilds between them all than there are on my faction's server which is considered medium with a low Horde population (Eldre'Thalas).

Meanwhile, transfers are going in to Blackrock. A sign of the times.

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
4. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 12:54 Wallshadows

Yup, Area 52 is the poster child of Horde dominance, even more so than Thrall it would seem. Every time I went in to oqueue for Ordos (or get a realid invite from a guild member on that realm), it seemed to always default to A52 and I can't say I've ever seen more than a handful of Alliance running around.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
10. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 12:41 Wallshadows

Meanwhile, I'm still dreaming of a RE2 remake.

Stupid fucking Los Illuminados and Las Plagas.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
50. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 18:33 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 17:58:
I wonder why, with that kind of cash, they haven't tried to break into the North American market.

I wonder what kind of dialogue there is between players in Asia compared to, say, North America where you can't go long before someone is screaming that they had sex with your mother.

It'd be funny if they purposely keep it locked down to the Asian market if they see the rest of the world as a plague on multiplayer.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 20, 2014, 18:16 Wallshadows

Data cap or not, 13GB for a patch is horrifyingly mind-blowing, even more-so when you factor in the day one patch which was 3GB. 16GB of patching in total for a game that has a clean install of ~20GB.

Is it being lazy with compression or a case of Capcom incompetence which seems to be their thing lately?

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
12. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 10:44 Wallshadows

Deathbishop wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 10:38:
Since when is WoW a FTP game?

My guess would be the information is taken from the Blizzard store and the sales of all the over-priced, in-game merchandise. Given how expensive the average item is, it likely has a lot less payees than those who use a more modest and legit ftp system.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
3. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 18:44 Wallshadows

Speaking on behalf of all Canadians, sorry. I know everyone wants to get their hands on this game which even Tom Clancy was dying to play.  

News Comments > Catlateral Damage
1. Re: Catlateral Damage Jan 14, 2014, 10:03 Wallshadows

What an age we live in!  

News Comments > DayZ Sells 1M in One Month
1. Re: DayZ Sells 1M in One Month Jan 14, 2014, 10:01 Wallshadows

I'm glad that it's going well for them and hope they can incorporate features found in various mods, such as housing, to really bring this game to life.

It's the waiting part for it to be further along which is making me cautious about throwing money at it when I can play the mod which has tons more to offer.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 13, 2014, 19:50 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 18:25:
Why did they ever trash Janes? Went from awesome sims to arcade garbage.

Consoles. This is the first Janes game to be released on console so they likely saw an arcade approach as the 'best' solution and were hoping to make bank on nostalgia. Think of how bad Steel Battalion turned out on the 360 and then think of how much worse it would have been if it had a Z-axis thrown in.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 15:13 Wallshadows

MajorD wrote on Jan 12, 2014, 13:36:
As far as DayZ SA goes, I was gifted that, so of course I put some time into it, but I wish the graphics were better optimized at this stage, as it is too sluggish and like playing in molasses sometimes, which becomes aggravating after a while. I just don't see DayZ SA becoming more interactive than it is now (i.e. opening cabinets, closets, etc.), which is a shame, but I could be completely wrong. I understand it is still in Alpha, and will be for a while, but they obviously have a lot of work to do, as it is still 'very' clunky.

My friend who bought the DayZ SA pretty much told me I threw away my money for buying 7DTD and how I should have bought Rust instead or the SA. I just rolled my eyes and asked him how it felt to pay more for far less with the SA when he already had the mod and that it's not my fault he thinks any game that uses Voxel lego-tech is 'retarded gay'.

Needless to say, he hasn't said anything since and his SA activity has fallen off drastically so I have a hunch he's back in the mod.

As for Rust, I was looking in to it but when I laid it all out, it's really only half of what I was looking for when comparing to 7DTD. The buildings look smoother but without any form of terrain deformation (that I saw), it just didn't tickle me the right way.

DayZ I just play the Epoch mod when I feel the need.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 12, 2014, 12:50 Wallshadows

I bought 7 Days to Die out on a whim. It's fun but it's plagued by online connectivity issues which makes hosting a public game a pain in the ass. Also, the current world is much too small and, without any kind of random map generation, makes the game far too predictable in regards to construction and survival.

It's definitely an Alpha title, so I got what I paid for but it's easy to see what kind of potential this game will have once they open up the world, bring in random generation, introduce more crafting materials and give the tools to the Steam community. Most of which is coming in the soon-to-be-released Alpha 6 update.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2014, 10:25 Wallshadows

Uwe Boll's Assault on Wall Street was an okay movie.

THERE, I SAID IT GOD DAMMIT!

Quiver

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 2, 2014, 14:23 Wallshadows

Don't want to give us your login information? How about we charge you with treason and throw you in a hole for 30 years?  

2096 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo