Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2141 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Dying Light Delayed
6. Re: Dying Light Delayed May 8, 2014, 21:57 Wallshadows

Prez wrote on May 8, 2014, 20:44:
Strangely I'm still very interested in zombie games if they are done well. State of Decay is one of my favorite games of the year so far, and I'm still very interested in Dying Light.

There's a Nicholas Cage comparison to be made somewhere in there.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year
5. Re: New RollerCoaster Tycoon PC Game This Year May 7, 2014, 13:59 Wallshadows

Remember when you would charge people to use the public washrooms within your park? This kind of feels like that.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
11. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 7, 2014, 13:56 Wallshadows

InBlack wrote on May 7, 2014, 03:52:
Wallshadows wrote on May 7, 2014, 00:19:
....in-depth lore and events.

In depth lore? Blizzard? Dont you mean the kiddie story book stuff that's supposed to pass for lore since Blizzard North left the company? Please....

Trust me, I know the lore is shit and only getting worse, especially after reading the cliffnotes on the latest book, Warcrimes. It's basically a shitty version of Law and Order and it just makes you die a little on the inside.

I would much rather experience it as a whole from within the game rather than be given tidbits, have a switch flipped and be told to go read a book to find out what happened during that transition.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials May 7, 2014, 00:19 Wallshadows

The only update you'll see between now and WoD is the 6.0 pre-patch which will likely include an event. In fact, the reason why there is nothing more beyond 5.4.x is due to the fact that Blizzard decided they didn't want to make an interim update and, instead, pulled their MoP team to focus on getting Warlords out quicker.

The thing is is that if they don't have it out before September 9th, which I REALLY doubt they will, it'll be the longest period of time in the game's history where it went without a content update. If anything, it's likely going to be a December release and using Blizzcon in November as a platform to pretend this whole mess never happened.

...and you can be damn sure that the pre-expansion event will be bullshit unless you paid $20 to buy their shitty books which are now the only way they provide in-depth lore and events.

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
1. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 3, 2014, 13:06 Wallshadows

Interesting changes seeing as how I do a lot of Planetary Interaction and Mining to make the bulk of my isk.  

News Comments > CCP's Project Legion Announced
3. Re: CCP's Project Legion Announced May 2, 2014, 21:59 Wallshadows

Ehhhh, I don't know. They had enough money to build a big ass statue.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Gameplay Footage
3. Re: H1Z1 Gameplay Footage Apr 30, 2014, 12:47 Wallshadows

@50 seconds - dat hit detection!  

News Comments > WildStar Beta Key Giveaway
3. Re: WildStar Beta Key Giveaway Apr 30, 2014, 11:18 Wallshadows

Total-Khaos wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 10:32:
"Only users who Like this page are eligible to enter."

So, you're basically holding beta keys hostage in order to force people into liking your page, even if they really don't? That is so lame.

It's give and take. After it's all said and done, you can just unlike.

News Comments > Rogue Shooter Demo
1. Re: Rogue Shooter Demo Apr 27, 2014, 12:39 Wallshadows

Everything is Roguelike these days.  

News Comments > Minecraft Realms Launches in North America
8. Re: Minecraft Realms Launches in North America Apr 24, 2014, 22:24 Wallshadows

Fun game but talk about a lot of horseshit to get multiplayer off the ground.  

News Comments > Titanfall: Expedition Map Details
1. Re: Titanfall: Expedition Map Details Apr 24, 2014, 14:26 Wallshadows

Large scale battles with up to 12 players!

Reminds me of the old Warcraft video where they talked about how Bear form could take on the strength to tank up to five gorillas.

News Comments > WildStar Devs on Warplots
9. Re: WildStar Devs on Warplots Apr 24, 2014, 13:15 Wallshadows

Jivaro wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 12:45:
It's not terrible and I am sure some people really dig the art style...but as a game I just don't see why everyone seems so optimistic about it.

You're not wrong with the gripes you have towards the title. It's not going to revolutionize the MMO genre and uses more or less the same mechanics which we've become used to over the past decade or more. If you're on the fence about MMOs because of this, simply don't like them, or aren't a fan of the art direction it takes, it'll be quite hard to get in to. I have a couple friends who looked at it, saw the graphics, and simply said 'nope' whereas others love it.

For me, what appeals to me about this title is that the entire game is being focused on. The combat system is effective, end-game is not an after-thought, the quests have a certain sense of flavor, and the diversity between classes is nice. The content itself can be fairly challenging compared to being molly coddled to death like in present-day Warcraft, even at early levels if you happen to piss off or accidentally aggro a Prime mob.

If I were to compare the core design of it to any other MMO, I would say TBC but that's just my opinion.

8. Re: WildStar Devs on Warplots Apr 24, 2014, 13:00 Wallshadows

Alamar wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:48:

If so, I hope there's an open one close to launch. As is, I know almost nothing about the game, and will keep it that way unless some free option shows up : )

-Alamar

No exact date has been provided but there will be an open beta sometime in May. The only other way to obtain a beta is through random chance through their sign-up system or by participating in third-party contests.

5. Re: WildStar Devs on Warplots Apr 24, 2014, 11:10 Wallshadows

Being instanced between zones was something that bothered me when I picked up the first Guild Wars title, thinking it was a step backwards from the open world design which was provided in Warcraft.

Now, it's not that much of a big deal as long as the zones are interesting and loaded with content. The starter zones like Levian Bay and Crimson Isle are pretty straight-forward and short but once you hit Deradune, the game really opens up with content, creature variety, a zone boss, crafting professions, and about 10x more points of interest for your path.

For me, these betas have made me more and more excited and it's nice that they are giving us a surprise beta weekend coming up on top of extending the previous beta weekend. On top of that, each beta shows the amount of work they are putting in between weekends rather than use it as a demo and ignore the bugs or optimization.

They really do have a great relation with the community.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2014, 13:09 Wallshadows

Pow, zoom! Straight to the data cap!  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 21, 2014, 11:12 Wallshadows

That would make Daikantana profitable almost four times!  

News Comments > Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned
14. Re: Legit Elder Scrolls Online Accounts Banned Apr 21, 2014, 11:10 Wallshadows

It's a good thing they are using pre-authorized payments to stop all those gold spammers, exploiters, and bots!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2014, 16:28 Wallshadows

Stop forcing your religious beliefs on me! I am so offended right now!  

News Comments > Sunday Patches
1. Re: Sunday Patches Apr 20, 2014, 14:07 Wallshadows

The amount of bullshit they are trying to pull with this expansion is pretty damning like gutting Elemental Shaman mobility to fall back to stutter step casting while the other ranged casters can cast either their filler spells or spells to proc heavy hitting instants is a god damn joke. Yup, let me drop my Flametongue totem or hit them with Frost Shock and hope for a LB proc so I can try to out damage the tanks on any sort of movement-based encounter.

Talk about taking two steps back if it happens to make it to the live release. Then again, Blizzard is pretty awesome with nerfing or ignoring Elemental and then try to fix them via band aid patches throughout the expansion because they couldn't be assed to think about what they want out of them as a class and spec when it matters most.

Aggravating.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailer
2. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailer Apr 17, 2014, 09:47 Wallshadows

I really like their approach of being able to recapture the atmosphere of the film by destroying their equipment rather than using shitty grain effects.

I've been cautiously optimistic about this game for some time, although I don't know how I feel about playing as Ripley's daughter, but this snippet makes me pretty excited to see what CA can do to bring some integrity back to the Alien universe.

Also, I wonder if it will have Oculus Rift support?

2141 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo