Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2577 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Patches
4. Re: Morning Patches Feb 26, 2015, 17:41 Wallshadows

Just dropping it in here since the last D3 news thread is a day old in regards to Ashbringer.

Unique_Sword_2H_104_x1: Stories tell of a great paladin who wore a single gauntlet of silver and wielded a mighty sword with a flashing jewel. He dispatched thousands of Risen Dead and Wretched Mothers, but fell to a tragic end. This sword bears some resemblance to the legends, but its jewel is dark and threatening. Perhaps there is more to the story?

Found in the 2.2 datamined information.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 25, 2015, 20:29 Wallshadows

So instead of there being only one viable Barbarian or Wizard build for any serious greater rift completion, there might be two! Such choices!

Also, Ashbringer unique weapon better have the same model as in Warcraft.

News Comments > AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer
1. Re: AvP Classic 2000 Gets Cross-Distributor Multiplayer Feb 25, 2015, 20:27 Wallshadows

They're supporting this more than they did with the 2010 reboot it would seem.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced
1. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced Feb 25, 2015, 20:24 Wallshadows

I wanted more 40k but not like this. Not like this...  

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Released; Missing Co-op Complaints
2. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Released; Missing Co-op Complaints Feb 25, 2015, 11:28 Wallshadows

You use the arrows and I'll use ZXCV!  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Feb 23, 2015, 19:11 Wallshadows

Nice misleading title there. What point were they trying to make, exactly?  

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
10. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 20, 2015, 23:15 Wallshadows

We're pretty much bored of the season already. My Barbarian has what he needs thanks to grossly overpopulated drop rates along with gambling, even finding a Furnace nearly right off the bat.

...and yet people still complain that the drop rates should be brought up. Jesus.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 20, 2015, 23:12 Wallshadows

Link seems to be dead on their end. I assume it talks about how a yard is about as long as your character's foot?  

News Comments > Warframe Double Credit Weekend
4. Re: Warframe Double Credit Weekend Feb 20, 2015, 23:11 Wallshadows

Nice incentive to grind out a new or forma'd item.  

News Comments > etc.
18. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2015, 17:34 Wallshadows

Handcrafted designs and natural or elaborate sets age much better than CGI elements and that's the appeal they have to me. I can go back and watch The Thing from 1982 and still be amazed by how authentic everything looks (aside from the amalgamation at the end due to stop-motion limitations) whereas the 2011 feature of the same name totally degraded that experience due to the use of CGI.

I'm terrified about how the new Alien movie is going to look when they reveal the Xeno , set, and Geiger rooms are entirely done in CGI.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Feb 18, 2015, 20:45 Wallshadows

Most users ever online was 12 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 03:46

Probably why they don't bother with the vanilla version for forums. Maybe it'll hit triple digits within a year and amass ten posts.

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
16. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 16:34 Wallshadows

It doesn't end with LFR as far as idiotic groups are concerned though. Warlords introduced a barrier for heroic dungeons in that you need to have a silver reward for your respective role's proving ground in order to be worthy of such hardships.

However, this created an entirely unique situation where the regular high end dungeons became universally more difficult than their heroic counterparts because all the really, really, REALLY bad players could not clear a barrier which a sack of rocks could do and we're stuck in a cesspool of nerd-raging baddies.

5. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 11:10 Wallshadows

In my opinion:

- Only one true daily that required you to select from one of two options to farm Apexis which is required for your initial Legendary quest.

- Factions have little interest as they offered little outside of Followers or gating the Auction House in your Garrison

- Mounts were incredibly awful. They were reskins of boring models unless you spent money on their Market.

- Garrisons quickly lost their flavor and became another tedious grind. Harvest herbs, mine ores, collect work orders, and send followers on missions which were useless fluff 95% of the time.

- Garrisons was incredibly punishing on alts since you had to do it all over again for each one.

- Invasions are gated behind hidden kill switches for certain factions often achieved from the Apexis daily.

- Without Valor, dungeons serve zero purpose beyond Achievements.

- Class-design is incredibly poor and balance is at an all-time awfulness.

- Not in to Pet Battles so I can't comment on them

- The new PVP zone, Ashran, is gated behind a queue within a queue: One to get in (often hours) and another for the main battle to restart.

- Challenge Modes are anti-melee if going for Gold and don't have your own guild group.

- Treasure hunting is less about enjoying the exploration and more about getting Garrison Resources.

- Very little reason to venture out in to the world aside from a world boss, two of which are now already outdated in gear they drop.

- Professions are a joke

All in all, as a raider, I spent about six to eight hours over three nights and that eventually came to be the only time I logged in. Honestly, what held me the most was doing older content thanks to legacy scaling which allowed me to finally get off my ass and get Shadowmourne, Invincible, and Val'anyr. Once I got those, I weighed my playtime against the monthly sub and simply felt as though it wasn't worth it.

This content update is simply a band-aid, short term fix to give players something to do since they've had nothing new to do since hitting 100 after a couple days. If you're coming in to it now, you'll get more out of it but for those who have been 100 since before Highmaul, it's incredibly weak to the point of being a farce. At least Pandaria had dailies and the Timeless Isle to get players out and about but they seem to think that this new S.E.L.F.I.E. camera junk will have the same impact.

This comment was edited on Feb 18, 2015, 11:46.

1. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 10:08 Wallshadows

More than I thought was being included in 6.1 but still a really garbage 'content' update. The Twatter integration and S.E.L.F.I.E. bullshit was just an awful idea no one wanted and the Male Blood Elf model still suffers from the same modeling issues as before of dislocated shoulders and a chest that puffs out six feet.

At this point, Farahlon is completely off the table seeing as how Tanaan is still nowhere to be seen and will likely be the final content update since it'll open The Iron Citadel.

What a stagnant expansion once you hit 100.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 16, 2015, 11:43 Wallshadows

But it looks great, guys! The commercial for it said so!  

News Comments > Diablo III Season 2 Begins
14. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 15, 2015, 10:53 Wallshadows

M6 was a lot of fun but I never optimized my gear to really take it deep in to Greater Rifts. It was a real winner though when it came to power leveling your friends' alts though.

All changes aside though, chances are high that DH/DH/WD/CSD will be the top team again.

10. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 14, 2015, 23:07 Wallshadows

Ancient items! /rollseyes  

6. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 14, 2015, 18:26 Wallshadows

They say no, speed of which content is being provided says yes.  

3. Re: Diablo III Season 2 Begins Feb 14, 2015, 14:38 Wallshadows

Agreed. Kind of a shame that the new sets didn't make it through to this season and everything is more or less the same. Most classes are still pigeonheld in to one or two good specs with the rest being awful if you're trying to push greater rifts above 30.

I went WD this season because it's really the only class that has build flavor thanks for the masks.

Given how they intend to make this season not last as long as season 1 (from what I read) and that seasons are split between updates, I would wager that 2.2 is within the next five months, give or take a month.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Lucius II
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Lucius II Feb 13, 2015, 19:39 Wallshadows

So, anyone care to explain why Hatred brings out the pitchfork and torch brigade but this is going by without any fucks given?

That said, I never even gave the first title the light of day because it had a cover that screamed 'stupid steam indie garbage' but now I'll probably pick it up and then give this a whirl.

2577 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo