Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2062 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III XP Bonus
8. Re: Diablo III XP Bonus Mar 4, 2014, 10:04 Wallshadows

They have offered ways to min/max certain builds now thanks to increased damage for x skill or element. It simply puts more focus on grinding for that perfect roll which fits the character you want. I've been stacking Seven Sided Strike and Hundred Fists on my new Monk through items that provide those stats and it's a nice touch to make niche builds. As far as rares are concerned, it's returned to a barter system to grind and trade rather than taking five minutes to go on the auction house.

That said, I got my Monk from 37 to 60 yesterday in about four hours on Master difficulty thanks to this buff and the new XP pools.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 16:02 Wallshadows

I'll concede to the points being stated but I stand firm on the belief that BoA/BoP gear is mind-numbingly stupid and unnecessary for an ARPG.

I just cannot wrap my head around how this came to be and hope they burn down this idea much like they have with the auction house but in far less time.

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 14:03 Wallshadows

I have to disagree with what you say. Diablo being treated like a MMO with account bound items is the opposite direction this game needed to go now that the auction house is out of the picture.

Furthermore, now that Blizzard have essentially reduced various pre-2.0 builds like the Sprint/Whirlwind Barbarian to rubble, they've returned to being cumbersome, slow room clearing hulks which is why I've been playing my Wizard a lot more with a Frozen Orb build which can clear trash, events and bosses much quicker on higher difficulty settings while having less damage output.

Unfortunately, I am penalized for being efficient by being given drops that essentially lock out my alts. Sure, I could use a lumbering Barbarian and take twice as long as my Wizard to get gear for him, but that's not how the Diablo loot grind works. In Diablo 2, you had a Sorc do the brunt of your MF runs due to efficiency. While Teleport is junky in D3, you're still being far more efficient with farming as a Wizard than any other class.

TL;DR - They're using BoA/BoP MMO loot rules to manipulate the market by restricting an open trade system and it sucks, sucks, sucks.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Mar 3, 2014, 10:15 Wallshadows

I've been loving loot 2.0 but been absolutely hating the Bind on Account system Blizzard have decided to approach to regulate the loot and trade system.

Loot 2.0 means when I play my Wizard, all those sweet, upgraded legendary items which Blizzard has been giving out handjobs about will spawn with Intelligence as their primary role regardless of the item that drops. Now, while the stats it will role are great for that class, it pretty much makes grinding loot for your Barbarian while on your Wizard useless. On top of that, if you solo play, you're stuck with the item and all you can do is shard it if it's not up to snuff which you currently wear. This is with nearly all legendary items, regardless of level. I crafted a level 52 Fist Weapon and it was account bound.

I have a lot more fiery brimstone since starting again.

I'd say throwing in a bind on account system to replace the auction house is only a minor gain on going back to a bartering system especially when rare items seem to be less than ideal compared to bound legendary items.

News Comments > Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer
3. Re: Dying Light Trailer Teased a New Trailer Feb 11, 2014, 12:01 Wallshadows

You'll wonder this for half a second before beating them to death, again, with a Canoe paddle.  

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans
5. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 Demo; Free DLC Plans Feb 10, 2014, 10:38 Wallshadows

Gear Head Garage was a great game.  

News Comments > Transformers Universe Trailer
4. Re: Transformers Universe Trailer Feb 7, 2014, 17:56 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Feb 7, 2014, 16:59:
It's amazing how those films totally ruined this IP. Serves them right for using Shitty Lebeef and Megan Dumbwhore Fox.

Recasting the main character to be Marky Mark is the next best thing since ditching Megan Thumbs but that's a drop in an ocean full of shit.

I like Marky. Even if he is essentially the same two-dimensional character in most movies.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 7, 2014, 17:52 Wallshadows

I suspect that if this title bombs then Fox will bury the license deep within the bowls of Earth along with those who know its location.

But really, I am surprised it took them this long to come up with the most basic concept to deliver what could be a terrifying experience if it leans more towards the acclaimed Amnesia rather than what happened to A:CM.

Keeping a cautious eye on it.

News Comments > Transformers Universe Trailer
2. Re: Transformers Universe Trailer Feb 7, 2014, 16:22 Wallshadows

So, does someone own the rights to the classic Transformer sound when they...transform?

Because I haven't heard it since the original cartoons and maybe Beast Wars?

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Beta Signups Redux
3. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Beta Signups Redux Feb 7, 2014, 16:19 Wallshadows

The only MOBA which I can stand to play is SMITE and, apparently, I play one mean Guardian!

Must be the camera angle that does it for me. I hate the isometric camera system used in nearly every other MOBA...

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
7. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 10:07 Wallshadows

I wonder how much they'll trim off the requirements to play this game as Alpha and Beta are introduced. Otherwise, they've already severed a fair portion of the gaming community with fairly steep specs so this is just another step in that direction.

I mean, even if you have the machine to run this game well, it still has a 10Mbps 'minimum' requirement tagged on which means folks like me would have to upgrade their internet service if it remains unchanged.

...yeah, I have a 7Mbps connection...

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison
14. Re: Resident Evil 4 SD & HD Comparison Jan 24, 2014, 12:36 Wallshadows

I couldn't watch the video, really, because it would buffer for about five seconds at a time.  

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
9. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 17:11 Wallshadows

Some realms are so dead that there are clusters which have up to five realms strung together. Bonechewer, Aegwynn, Daggerspine, Gurubashi and Hakkar are all together but the sad thing is is that there are likely still less raiding guilds between them all than there are on my faction's server which is considered medium with a low Horde population (Eldre'Thalas).

Meanwhile, transfers are going in to Blackrock. A sign of the times.

News Comments > WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers
4. Re: WoW Realm Connections and Character Transfers Jan 22, 2014, 12:54 Wallshadows

Yup, Area 52 is the poster child of Horde dominance, even more so than Thrall it would seem. Every time I went in to oqueue for Ordos (or get a realid invite from a guild member on that realm), it seemed to always default to A52 and I can't say I've ever seen more than a handful of Alliance running around.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month
10. Re: Resident Evil 4 HD Next Month Jan 21, 2014, 12:41 Wallshadows

Meanwhile, I'm still dreaming of a RE2 remake.

Stupid fucking Los Illuminados and Las Plagas.

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
50. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 18:33 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 17:58:
I wonder why, with that kind of cash, they haven't tried to break into the North American market.

I wonder what kind of dialogue there is between players in Asia compared to, say, North America where you can't go long before someone is screaming that they had sex with your mother.

It'd be funny if they purposely keep it locked down to the Asian market if they see the rest of the world as a plague on multiplayer.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 20, 2014, 18:16 Wallshadows

Data cap or not, 13GB for a patch is horrifyingly mind-blowing, even more-so when you factor in the day one patch which was 3GB. 16GB of patching in total for a game that has a clean install of ~20GB.

Is it being lazy with compression or a case of Capcom incompetence which seems to be their thing lately?

News Comments > 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games
12. Re: 2013's Top Free-to-Play Games Jan 20, 2014, 10:44 Wallshadows

Deathbishop wrote on Jan 20, 2014, 10:38:
Since when is WoW a FTP game?

My guess would be the information is taken from the Blizzard store and the sales of all the over-priced, in-game merchandise. Given how expensive the average item is, it likely has a lot less payees than those who use a more modest and legit ftp system.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
3. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 18:44 Wallshadows

Speaking on behalf of all Canadians, sorry. I know everyone wants to get their hands on this game which even Tom Clancy was dying to play.  

News Comments > Catlateral Damage
1. Re: Catlateral Damage Jan 14, 2014, 10:03 Wallshadows

What an age we live in!  

2062 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo