Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2170 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 15:30 Wallshadows

jdreyer wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 14:48:
Wallshadows wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 12:30:
Goat Simulator for five bucks is just such a great deal though! I'll pick up Divinity when it goes back on sale. Not because it's not worth the full price tag but, as Frido would say, I like money and that saved money can be put towards things like tacos Goat Simulator.

Fixed.

I already have it though but I should have waited for the GOTY edition!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver
3. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 12:35 Wallshadows

I've been meaning to clean out the inside as of late too so I'll pick up a can of compressed air and see what results that nets me. Thanks!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 13, 2014, 12:30 Wallshadows

Goat Simulator for five bucks is just such a great deal though! I'll pick up Divinity when it goes back on sale. Not because it's not worth the full price tag but, as Frido would say, I like money and that saved money can be put towards things like tacos.  

News Comments > New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver
1. Re: New AMD Catalyst Beta RC Driver Jul 13, 2014, 12:23 Wallshadows

Ever since I installed the driver set which gave performance boost to Wildstar, my monitor has been a real pain in the ass where I would turn on my PC and anywhere from five to 30 minutes would go by before it realized it wasn't in some kind of sleep mode. It's getting feed because it's not showing the no input bubble. Powercycle and keymashing gave no results and it usually boiled down to waiting, rebooting, and more waiting and it's really aggravating. It'll trick me sometimes too where the monitor will come on but in an unsupported resolution so I hit detect and it fucks off for another few minutes.

I went in to the power settings and turned off PCI-E Link or whatever but I don't know if it was off or on prior to this shitstorm to see if it works and I'm not exactly inclined to play Russian roulette by rebooting my system.

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
1. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 12:18 Wallshadows

So what caused this train wreck to happen in the first place? Just being an 'average' developer that overextended their resources in to shit like Warface?  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Interview
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Interview Jul 12, 2014, 11:17 Wallshadows

How do you keep a game like Rainbow Six Siege a secret? Well itís certainly not easy but all we had to do was ask someone questions.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 11, 2014, 17:33 Wallshadows

I can't wait for the gangbang mode of one vs four.  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
9. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 9, 2014, 22:19 Wallshadows

Timmeh wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 21:43:
yes people trying to make money to feed their families and be a profitable company is total and complete bullshit! how dare anyone offer some cool stuff to encourage gamers to pre order and get some money into the developers pocket.

Come on bro, I've never been trolled on here before and you're just going to half ass it like that?

Don't be like that.

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Collector's Edition Survey
2. Re: Dead Island 2 Collector's Edition Survey Jul 9, 2014, 20:53 Wallshadows

Dying Light is their ace in the hole and basically what they've always wanted to do and used Dead Island and Riptide as their guinea pig to reach that goal. It is not associated with the DI series.

But yeah, it's all zombies and Dying Light has some kind of parkour system.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
5. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 9, 2014, 20:30 Wallshadows

When I was first told this by a friend, I thought CA jumped ship and just threw the story aside when you could play as Ripley until I looked in to it myself and thought how cool it is to be on the Nostromo with the old crew.

It's bullshit that it's being used as pre-order bait when it could have damnwell been a scenario or something which could have been unlocked upon completing the main campaign though. The potential greatness of bringing that back, especially after the franchise got shit all over by A:CM, is far outweighed by it being held behind a paywall.

I suspect that after a month they'll just offer it as standard DLC but even that is scummy. How much you want to bet that release day there will be a torrent out which has the 'upgraded' version?

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
24. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 9, 2014, 00:54 Wallshadows

I wonder who's art they ripped off this time?  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survarium Designer Joins Areal
5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survarium Designer Joins Areal Jul 8, 2014, 11:26 Wallshadows

They need 50k to promote it through the Steam Greenlight program to get deeper market penetration for this scam.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer Jul 8, 2014, 11:22 Wallshadows

I was in heavy denial when playing this game up until I hit 80. I put the thought of horizontal item 'progression' at end game to the back of my mind until it was too late and then I just became adequate like everyone else.  

News Comments > Firefall This Month
5. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 11:11 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 11:00:
I always get this twitch leading up to every new expansion. "I'll be different! I won't have to farm", etc, etc...

Like all the others, I'm sure I'll try it out, but I don't suspect I'll last long...it is neat that you can tell the differences in expansions based on which teams worked on them.

They certainly remained true to how it would be a 'savage' world but it's much more than that. The introduction scenario really gives old heroes like Khadgar some amazing love but once you leave and hit Frostfire, it's bonerville for those who are familiar with the lore and how we are able to fight with folks such as Durotan, Draka and younger Drek'Thar. Not to mention the other Orc warlords and their new model goodness.

The Garrison is integrated rather seamlessly from what I have experienced but much is locked out till later testing.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing
2. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing Jul 8, 2014, 11:02 Wallshadows

Kind of undermines the whole purpose of multiboxing now, doesn't it? You don't multibox to have three other players hang tough in town while the other goes on his merry way and you're handicapping yourself if you just use them as a way to bump difficulty and loot drops. How boring it would be to clear to a boss and then proceed to alt-tab to your other account to move him close enough for the buff and do this two more times before you can kill the boss.

I'm trying to find the blue post where one of the blue posters says they multibox in D3 but this isn't going as smooth as I had hoped.

News Comments > Firefall This Month
3. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 10:47 Wallshadows

Thread hijack, the Warlords of Draenor beta pretty much tells the Pandaria-style atmosphere to fuck off as soon as you get ported to the Dark Portal. It's definitely the darkest timeline and it remains that way through much of what's playable.

Even a god damn dog dies by getting impaled from a spear by a super dick.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 6, 2014, 15:02 Wallshadows

Plague Inc. is very addicting and one of the best titles I have picked up from the Steam sale for $10.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 6, 2014, 14:43 Wallshadows

I believe Cole's expression was 'Here comes some Coleslaw.'  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2014, 13:47 Wallshadows

Tropical Storm Arthur rolled through my part of the woods and left us without power for about 26 hours.

We cooked bacon and eggs on our little propane grill in the shed.

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
5. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2014, 20:24 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 19:56:
He's probably going to reboot a real Blizzard. That sure would be nice.

Erich Schaefer left Runic Games not long ago and David Brevik hasn't been doing much for the better part of five years so that would be two-thirds of the key figures in Blizzard North. It'd be pretty sweet if he could pull together the scattered fragments of Blizzard from that era and form under one company rather than a million small developers whose claim to fame is having someone from Blizzard North or vanilla Warcraft/RTS and push out budget titles.

Just don't give Bill Roper the memo and leave him at Disney.

2170 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo