Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2981 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 13, 2015, 16:04 Wallshadows

Now the Fallout 4 system requirements make sense. It's funny because the auto detection flags me for Ultra but here I am continuously tweaking the settings down to medium trying to find a setup which doesn't suck in and around cities.

AMD really needs to adopt a proactive driver delivery system rather than being reactive to new titles. Here's to even hoping any new driver will provide a decent performance boost.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2015, 12:19 Wallshadows

Even worse than a chair falling apart is the deathcall it makes prior to doing so. You can't move an inch in any direction without the chair crying. I'll have to take mine behind the barn in not too long.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2015, 09:44 Wallshadows

For you Fallout 4 players, Nexusmods already has a configuration tool which allows you to bypass the tedious one-to-three step program to change your FOV, mouse acceleration, and extra goodies.

Check it out here

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 12, 2015, 09:40 Wallshadows

Mandatory Hulk Hogan character.

Personally, I just used one of the preset options like a bad person. One of my biggest fears in character creation is that I spend an hour or two mulling over my choices then put it together only to realize his head or nose or eyes are just a little bit out of proportion to the rest of the body when done and I have to start all over again.

NOT THIS TIME!

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 12, 2015, 09:03 Wallshadows

Oh, so that's what a Godray is!

I find the game tanks when I zoom in sometimes too. Just chops my frame rate in half and then some.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Popular
12. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 10, 2015, 23:06 Wallshadows

The building definitely could have used another several months of fine tuning. I find it to be incredibly awkward with placement, has a terrible control scheme and an absolute mess if I try to put up walls or buildings. Sometimes the stuff I put down is literally floating on nothing because it doesn't mold itself to the uneven terrain.

If anything, when you hold the V key to activate your properties, it should zoom out to show the settlement and its boundaries while giving you control with RTS-inspired building.

As for editing three files, meh, took me about five minutes to edit and add. Isn't that one of the perks of PC gaming?

9. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 10, 2015, 22:17 Wallshadows

Dacron wrote on Nov 10, 2015, 21:59:
Heh, he isn't stuck in the ground (If you are referring to the first deathclaw encounter, after power armor), I thought the same.

He is getting stuck in a sewer that's open. The sewer leads somewhere too. Get close he usually jumps out, or is an easy target sitting in it.

No, he was seriously stuck in the ground because the only part of his body that I could hit was his right hind leg while being in the underground path with him. The rest of his body was literally in the ground and untouchable. lol

Also, is anyone having issues with the Combat Sentry Prototype? I try and send him to USAF Olivia but he just chills out with his engines on and now I can't even make him self-destruct for his sweet, sweet fusion core...

Update: I guess if he gets sent on another defence mission he'll initiate self destruct.

1. Re: Fallout 4 Popular Nov 10, 2015, 20:33 Wallshadows

I've already run in to a somewhat comedic array of bugs. The most noteable being Deathclaw in Concord getting stuck in the ground rather than breaking through the street and the more annoying NPC clipping through closed doors.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
17. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 11:09 Wallshadows

The baby at the start looks like a turd wrapped in a blanket.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4
14. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Fallout 4 Nov 10, 2015, 10:57 Wallshadows

This was pretty much my morning.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 9, 2015, 12:23 Wallshadows

The TL;DR I get from most of those reviews is to expect a day one patch so it's already meeting expectations.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 8, 2015, 19:07 Wallshadows

I usually watch Blizzcon through... alternative sources... but couldn't be bothered with it this year. Once I saw the Legion trailer, everything from that point on was the same charade they played with Warlords and I have zero interest in watching them play the same tune to the sound of drones.

They've done a great job at furthering my jaded grumpiness.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Nov 7, 2015, 17:59 Wallshadows

I wonder if you get told to fuck off if you load the game with an AMD graphics card.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 7, 2015, 14:55 Wallshadows

AMD really does deserve to be burned by their sketchy marketing technique towards cores.  

News Comments > Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans
1. Re: Diablo III Patch 2.4.0 Plans Nov 7, 2015, 14:44 Wallshadows

I'm not surprised that there was no expansion announcement. Then again, this can almost be seen as a half an expansion given the amount of content they are throwing at it. However, speaking for myself, I suspect it'll be great for two weeks and then fall in to the usual realization that the core game shit.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Nov 7, 2015, 11:12 Wallshadows

I was hoping for Lord of the Rings: Return of the King kind of hype but all I got out of it was The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

The Alliance armor looks absolutely, mind-blowingly awful. What is it made out of? Hardened plastic? Did they place a bulk order for armor at partycity.ca? Jesus Christ. Some scenes looked great whereas others looked incredibly poor but it has several months left in the oven so here's to hoping it has a more consistent quality about it.

Naturally, I talked about this to my guild's facebook page and they're all talking about how big their boners are but are the same people who still pay for their subscription so I can't take them serious.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2015, 11:18.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Preorders; Cinematic
8. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Preorders; Cinematic Nov 7, 2015, 11:04 Wallshadows

I was almost in tears from laughter when I saw 'on or before' September 2016. Like, holy shit, even if they line it up with the movie to give a nice double-whammy to boost sales for both products, that's still a year for Hellfire Citadel. No wonder they don't want to show numbers anymore because that just took the wind out of the sails of players who were holding on for a Q1 release

Here I thought they ran all their credibility in the dirt when they hyped Warlords while lying through their teeth but I guess they're gunning for the core of the Earth.

Fucking Blizzard.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Post Release Plans
1. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Post Release Plans Nov 5, 2015, 20:00 Wallshadows

I, uh, guess one year is pretty long term in this genre...  

News Comments > Overwatch Not F2P?
10. Re: Overwatch Not F2P? Nov 5, 2015, 19:48 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 19:27:
Are you guys getting angrier every day? Almost every post from you guys is like "I'M SO ANGRY! GRRRRRRR" Furious2

Take a chill pill.

LET GOT OF MY PURSE YOU DON'T KNOW ME!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
26. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 14:22 Wallshadows

Kxmode wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 13:13:
I think Bethesda should release a PC version of this trailer with all the settings maxed out including 4k (if their engine supports it on PC) running at 60 FPS. Let's get THAT trailer. Rockstar did it.

If I made enough bank to put together a beast of a system on an annual basis then I'd be interested in seeing this engine pushed to its limits. Unfortunately, I have to settle for a modest system which is likely where the bulk of PC gamers sit so seeing it run at max/4k/60fps doesn't really do anything for us scrubby modest folk except sob in the shower.

As for the trailer, they can underperform on purpose by releasing an XBone video and reap the rewards of 'it can only get better' in regards to quality for most of those who will be playing it on PC. It wouldn't hurt them to put out a super max trailer but chances are they can't be bothered from the usual vocal minority of players who have a virtual Napolean Complex and why their GTX 650s don't get 60fps on high.

2981 Comments. 150 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo