Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2101 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
5. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 9, 2014, 20:30 Wallshadows

When I was first told this by a friend, I thought CA jumped ship and just threw the story aside when you could play as Ripley until I looked in to it myself and thought how cool it is to be on the Nostromo with the old crew.

It's bullshit that it's being used as pre-order bait when it could have damnwell been a scenario or something which could have been unlocked upon completing the main campaign though. The potential greatness of bringing that back, especially after the franchise got shit all over by A:CM, is far outweighed by it being held behind a paywall.

I suspect that after a month they'll just offer it as standard DLC but even that is scummy. How much you want to bet that release day there will be a torrent out which has the 'upgraded' version?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gearbox Announces "Hero Shooter" Battleborn
24. Re: Gearbox Announces Jul 9, 2014, 00:54 Wallshadows

I wonder who's art they ripped off this time?  

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survarium Designer Joins Areal
5. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Survarium Designer Joins Areal Jul 8, 2014, 11:26 Wallshadows

They need 50k to promote it through the Steam Greenlight program to get deeper market penetration for this scam.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Entanglement Trailer Jul 8, 2014, 11:22 Wallshadows

I was in heavy denial when playing this game up until I hit 80. I put the thought of horizontal item 'progression' at end game to the back of my mind until it was too late and then I just became adequate like everyone else.  

News Comments > Firefall This Month
5. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 11:11 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 11:00:
I always get this twitch leading up to every new expansion. "I'll be different! I won't have to farm", etc, etc...

Like all the others, I'm sure I'll try it out, but I don't suspect I'll last long...it is neat that you can tell the differences in expansions based on which teams worked on them.

They certainly remained true to how it would be a 'savage' world but it's much more than that. The introduction scenario really gives old heroes like Khadgar some amazing love but once you leave and hit Frostfire, it's bonerville for those who are familiar with the lore and how we are able to fight with folks such as Durotan, Draka and younger Drek'Thar. Not to mention the other Orc warlords and their new model goodness.

The Garrison is integrated rather seamlessly from what I have experienced but much is locked out till later testing.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing
2. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Multiboxing Jul 8, 2014, 11:02 Wallshadows

Kind of undermines the whole purpose of multiboxing now, doesn't it? You don't multibox to have three other players hang tough in town while the other goes on his merry way and you're handicapping yourself if you just use them as a way to bump difficulty and loot drops. How boring it would be to clear to a boss and then proceed to alt-tab to your other account to move him close enough for the buff and do this two more times before you can kill the boss.

I'm trying to find the blue post where one of the blue posters says they multibox in D3 but this isn't going as smooth as I had hoped.

News Comments > Firefall This Month
3. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 10:47 Wallshadows

Thread hijack, the Warlords of Draenor beta pretty much tells the Pandaria-style atmosphere to fuck off as soon as you get ported to the Dark Portal. It's definitely the darkest timeline and it remains that way through much of what's playable.

Even a god damn dog dies by getting impaled from a spear by a super dick.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 6, 2014, 15:02 Wallshadows

Plague Inc. is very addicting and one of the best titles I have picked up from the Steam sale for $10.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 6, 2014, 14:43 Wallshadows

I believe Cole's expression was 'Here comes some Coleslaw.'  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2014, 13:47 Wallshadows

Tropical Storm Arthur rolled through my part of the woods and left us without power for about 26 hours.

We cooked bacon and eggs on our little propane grill in the shed.

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
5. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 3, 2014, 20:24 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 19:56:
He's probably going to reboot a real Blizzard. That sure would be nice.

Erich Schaefer left Runic Games not long ago and David Brevik hasn't been doing much for the better part of five years so that would be two-thirds of the key figures in Blizzard North. It'd be pretty sweet if he could pull together the scattered fragments of Blizzard from that era and form under one company rather than a million small developers whose claim to fame is having someone from Blizzard North or vanilla Warcraft/RTS and push out budget titles.

Just don't give Bill Roper the memo and leave him at Disney.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance: Flashback Content Update
4. Re: Jagged Alliance: Flashback Content Update Jul 3, 2014, 17:52 Wallshadows

Female mercenaries? The audacity!  

News Comments > Thief Film Plans
10. Re: Thief Film Plans Jul 2, 2014, 12:30 Wallshadows

Set in the year 2018 and Garrett is now a Cyborg. Featuring Inception bwaaaaa noises, bright lights to distract the viewer, and dubstep.  

News Comments > WildStar Updated
8. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 1, 2014, 15:09 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 13:57:
Not everything has to be an ultra casual Facebook-game-in-MMO-format.

I managed to get Pyralos down with a combination of luck and using a swoop method when some Exiles were about to fail it with two barrels left. One got punted off while the other seemed to disconnect and was eating the aoe telegraphs like a champ. I maintain, however, that that part of the attunement chain is simply punishing due to poor design rather than a legitimate challenge when you don't have the luxury to solo it or get lucky as I did after many, many failed attempts due to 'overcrowding' with two or more players.

It wasn't very satisfying to complete it in such a way but at that point it was just so frustrating that I took what I could get.

But yes, Wildstar can and does provide a fair bit of actual challenge while playing as opposed to simply turning your face off and still fall in to loot. I feel as though this game will maintain its curve of difficulty and will retain a niche market of those who are fed up with MMOs which hold your hand and reward mediocrity.

News Comments > WildStar Updated
3. Re: WildStar Updated Jul 1, 2014, 12:05 Wallshadows

Frijoles wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 11:25:
I don't mind the game, but can't see spending $15 a month on it. Wish they had gone the GW2 direction so I could login in bursts here and there every few weeks.

So don't pay a monthly sub. Farm/make crafting materials as you grind and you'll have enough to buy a CREDD. I won't have to pay for my sub for another Five months and that's from selling the things I've come across that don't rely on RNG to make a big sale like some of the Amps or epic BoE items. I'm not broke either, just spending platinum to make platinum.

Even now with the higher CREDD prices, it's still easy to get one or two CREDD within your free 30 days and keep that trend up as long as you play the game somewhat consistently which you should be doing if you're interested in it. It's not completely F2P like GW2 after you factor in the box price unless you have CREDD stored for a rainy day but it's a great combination of both styles and should be an industry standard at this point with MMO titles that otherwise have a subscription.

News Comments > GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement
5. Re: GSC Game World Retracts Areal Endorsement Jun 30, 2014, 12:34 Wallshadows

What kind of controversy is the KS undergoing? Is it one of those cases where they are offering big, big things but only have images pulled from Google to showcase their concept art?  

News Comments > WoW: Warlords of Draenor Beta Underway
4. Re: WoW: Warlords of Draenor Beta Underway Jun 29, 2014, 15:53 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Jun 29, 2014, 14:49:
I'm glad I'm liking the changes they've been making in Warlords, because all I can seem to do in Wildstar is jump around the capital city waiting forever to get picked for attunement. I'll be able to clear WoD raids before I even get into one in Wildstar.

I was surprised to finally get Pyralos down after trying on and off at various hours over the course of four days due to how much bullshit surrounds it between bugging out and there being more than two players always trying to get it done at the same time.

As for WoD, I'll resub to it when it goes live but until then, I picked up more than enough titles to keep me busy on top of Wildstar for its inevitable (lets be honest) December release.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
40. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 22:47 Wallshadows

Orogogus wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 12:43:
Really? Strange, as in unexpected? In the US 30% of adults say they take the Bible literally, and believe in creationism and an earth that's less than 10,000 years old. Religion is a very influential factor. Would sexual orientation be an issue at all if the churches weren't banging that drum to their devotees?

I was wondering today what would happen if scholars unearthed ancient scripture written by someone in the Bible that the Apostles jerked each other off as Jesus watched just to pass time. Would they accept it or would they conveniently ignore it like much of the book they thump as fact.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jun 25, 2014, 13:46 Wallshadows

We don't recognize these players as professional athletes but lets still host 512 World Poker Tournaments in Vegas with worldwide coverage.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 24, 2014, 22:12 Wallshadows

If Metzen wants it, they'll find a way to do it.  

2101 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo