Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2578 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 23, 2015, 20:35 Wallshadows

One Month league is live sometime tomorrow for POE. Yeah, it's filler but it also rewards you with some pretty awesome transmog gear for completing some fairly decent achievements.

The transmog gear gives the illusion of pants so future me will be thankful for getting them once Act 4 and the real grind is afoot.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
13. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 09:42 Wallshadows

There's something about Grim Dawn which rubs me the wrong way. There isn't any sense of achievement while player or feeling as though you've accomplished a goal when you level up, find loot, or move on further in to the game. It just feels so devoid of gratification and it doesn't help that the community is so small as compared to other current ARPGs.

I'd recommend it when it has another 50% off sale and then just sort of sit on it while the developers fill in the game and goes live. Hopefully once that happens, it'll feel more engaging and give a nice boost to the community numbers.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
2. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 22, 2015, 21:29 Wallshadows

Yeah, you don't even need a Goblin rift to make tons of gold either. Just rush someone in T6 rifts from 1 - 60 (and higher if you can manage) with a Gem of Hoarding and you've made 15 - 20 million gold in about 30 minutes. Even without the gem, it's probably worth doing early in the season.

An obvious gold dump would be gambling like in Diablo 2 but that would overlap with Kadala. They could bring their Asian store over to NA and allow you to convert your gold for store currency or some shit for cosmetic items but why do that when you could just charge real money...

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak
9. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 18:16 Wallshadows

Kind of weird that didn't take the usual route and go with the Unreal engine. Instead, they're going with the same engine that runs Assassin's Creed. Take from that what you will, I guess...  

7. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 16:58 Wallshadows

It's tactical in a sense that you have a bottomless inventory that can hold barbed wire, grenades, blockades, an exorbitant amount of ammunition and who knows what else. There doesn't seem to be any evidence to support the likelihood that they've actually added any tactical depth to the game beyond your typical class variations and a sledgehammer.

More or less the same stupid FPS shit if the video is anything to go by. I can't speak on behalf of the pics though as those were taken down as well.

2. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 13:31 Wallshadows

Much realism. Such tactics.

But hey, at least the map is called Raven Shield!

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
2. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 22, 2015, 13:01 Wallshadows

Just curious but how big the client at this point?  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 22, 2015, 12:55 Wallshadows

I own the 970 and it's a god damn boss for my budget AMD system. Looks as great as it runs and I never knew how much I needed a GUI-based BIOS until now.  

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
4. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Mar 21, 2015, 11:41 Wallshadows

WaltC wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 11:19:
But, Microsoft is promising what looks to be the biggest advance in D3d in more than a decade with D3d12, and one of the things the new API will support is multiple gpus! First time, ever. All kinds of things are coming to the table for multiple gpus--like for instance, there will be no more need to duplicate videoram--so that when two cards @ 2 gigs each are running, you get *4* gigs of usable videoram, etc. Looks as if the dawn of true multiple gpu power is upon us and finally coming to D3d. If you are considering going multiple gpu there's never been a better time to do it, imo.

I forgot all about the Explicit Asynchronous bucket method. Will it be a mandatory requirement for devs when developing for DX12 or more like a suggestion though? Because if I can find another 7850 for $100 - $125 then I'd be okay with sitting on them until DX12 unless, by then, 4GB combined is considered a low amount of memory since you would be able to mix and match.

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
2. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Mar 21, 2015, 10:57 Wallshadows

I'm debating whether or not I should find a cheap 7850 to put in to Crossfire or sell my 7850 and put that towards a 280X.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
10. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 21, 2015, 10:51 Wallshadows

I don't really see the issue with a third-person game being better on a controller. Everything feels much tighter as far as button spacing is concerned.

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tools Closed Beta
6. Re: Dying Light Mod Tools Closed Beta Mar 20, 2015, 23:10 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2015, 22:52:
How about a game called Living Darkness where you play a zombie trapped on an island with hostile living people and your job is to convert them all?

It comes with a three day respawn timer.

News Comments > New Diablo III Season Next Month
1. Re: New Diablo III Season Next Month Mar 20, 2015, 21:43 Wallshadows

Good. This season felt exactly like Season 1 since there was sweet fuck all different in the grand scheme of things. Season 3 with 2.2 is where all the meat and potatoes are. The new Immortal King set looks amazing with WW...it's even better than the WW set!  

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Mar 20, 2015, 19:59 Wallshadows

Warframe pushed their U16 patch today too. New frame, couple new weapons, new 8-man raid, and a lot of other changes/balances/fixes.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Mar 20, 2015, 10:42 Wallshadows

I don't PVP or even have a subscription but the amount of hate towards Holinka and the amount of ammunition he gives the PVP community is pretty hilarious. If that guy makes it until the next expansion, he deserves some kind of medal.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 20, 2015, 10:12 Wallshadows

Doesn't matter. Within a day, there will be some kind of crack released anyway.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 20, 2015, 10:07 Wallshadows

Lots of rumored information is out there in regards to Battlefront.

The majority of the campaign will take place during the original trilogy era. All of the battles and settings that you would expect to be there will be playable. It was said that the campaign itself is pretty long when compared to other first person shooters.

Nice if true although I wonder what 'pretty long' means in a world where campaigns are as short as the amount of fingers I have on a hand in hours.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 20, 2015, 10:04 Wallshadows

If I won, I'd probably sell the Alienware Steam Machine and just buy a graphics card but it's nice to see they have extra money lying around considering they've been working real hard on the Act 4 release for sometime early next month.

No doubt they're swimming in all that F2P-done-right money.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 19, 2015, 23:40 Wallshadows

I feel as though the sole purpose for this movie is to white-wash Colonial Marines from being canon.

Because, remember, it is.

News Comments > EVE: Valkyrie Trailer
2. Re: EVE: Valkyrie Trailer Mar 19, 2015, 18:40 Wallshadows

Really puts some of those star ships in to perspective though!  

2578 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo