Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2149 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
1. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 5, 2014, 18:21 Wallshadows

For perspective, Blizzard has as many subscribers to Warcraft now as they did in June of 2006.

Here's a graph!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans
10. Re: Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans Aug 5, 2014, 16:12 Wallshadows

Weren't the Crimson Zombies only available after you beat the game on a certain difficulty and/or played a certain difficulty on the second playthrough or am I thinking of the One Deadly Zombie mode?

Either way, their distinct, off-screen, quick foot steps upon entering a cleared room was always something to keep you on your toes.

RE Zero was, IMO, just a massive pile of shit with that swapping mechanic and absolutely dreadful character that is Billy Biceps. It was a huge let down compared to REmake which were my only two reasons to own a GC too.

News Comments > Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans
2. Re: Resident Evil Remake Remake Plans Aug 5, 2014, 12:10 Wallshadows

Very much awesome indeed! Although I fully expect Capcom to put a $50 sticker on it at which point I'll wait till it goes on sale for $10.

I wonder why no one has taken the task to do this with the second title though.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Date Dated
10. Re: Warlords of Draenor Date Dated Aug 4, 2014, 23:35 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 23:16:
So if a 2 year cycle is the most they can reliably pull off, that's fine. But for fucks sake spread out the content patches a bit more so your player base that is practically going through withdrawals doesn't hang you from the rafters.

I remember a blue post which pretty much said they could have done a better job spreading out the content, especially the first tier of content, but hindsight is 20/20 or it's possible they originally had a solid schedule at the time before it sort of went to shit.

All I can really say is thank god it's happening to an expansion which I look forward to, well, not so much for the Warlords but rather what will inevitably come after we deal with them. If this was happening to Pandaria then I would have died from laughter long ago.

7. Re: Warlords of Draenor Date Dated Aug 4, 2014, 22:55 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 22:15:
Not a bad guess. 4 months from beginning of raid testing to release is longer than they usually run beta, (2-3 months is usually the time period from beginning of raid testing to release) but the beta is in a little rougher shape this time around than it usually is so I can see them cooking it a little longer.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed back in to January which would be mind-numbingly insane on their part and I suspect heads would roll if it went on any longer. It almost feels as though they're at the point of breaking their 'when it's done' model to meet a deadline given how some of their feedback has been via Twitter so I am sure there is pressure from all sides which is why Garrisons have slowly gone from 'pretty neat' to 'meh', areas such as the Tanaan Jungle were pushed to a future content patch, and damnwell the reason why faction hubs were moved to those shit shacks in Ashran.

You have to wonder what the hell happened behind the scenes for them to allow this lack of content development to happen though, especially after all the points were made that they didn't want shit like this to happen again after ICC and how production allegedly began so long ago in order to deliver content quicker.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Aug 4, 2014, 20:28 Wallshadows

I'm surprised they made it out of the first Playstation accessories market.  

1. Re: Warlords of Draenor Date Dated Aug 4, 2014, 18:57 Wallshadows

Pre-event will be late October and it'll go live early December is how it's shaping up at this point. Gives Blizzard time to re-hype the expansion through this and Blizzcon.

I'm more interested in the cinematic, personally.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 3, 2014, 14:04 Wallshadows

This is far too much work when all you need to do now is take a screen shot of a 4chan post and sell it for 90k on ebay.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV Trial; Referral Programs
1. Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV Trial; Referral Programs Aug 1, 2014, 17:58 Wallshadows

That took longer than I thought it would.  

News Comments > Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced
14. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 15:34 Wallshadows

gilly775 wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 14:31:
Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to try it out again. Any good websites discussing builds? I've always been fond of ranged characters.

Honestly, the best place to seek build advice are the PoE class forums. Pages and pages of builds which range from new player friendly to steep gear curved builds.

8. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 14:06 Wallshadows

PoE can be very slow at the start, especially with melee. I was on the fence about it myself when I first started to play but once I began to pickup more skill gems and fill in the passive tree, it became a more rewarding experience especially once I had an idea of what to build towards.

This is speaking through the seasonal ladder though. I have absolutely no desire to play the standard league.

3. Re: Path of Exile: Forsaken Masters Announced Aug 1, 2014, 11:37 Wallshadows

PoE has always had issues with desync, more-so than most other ARPG titles and is the reason why I would never touch hardcore outside of one-hour Descent races. Recently, I tried to make a Reave build but even that can have adverse affects on gameplay.

They do have their own wiki page explaining why this is the case and it breaks down to it being too expensive and close with an absurd statement that it's fine.

So, outside of hardcore, the game is great and I look forward to this expansion. Maybe the Exiles will discover these things called pants.

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
2. Re: PC No Man's Sky Confirmed? Aug 1, 2014, 10:57 Wallshadows

Seeing as how the PS4 doesn't use that cell shit to build around, wouldn't it be that much easier to make it available to the PC crowd?  

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
1. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 19:50 Wallshadows

I'm sure SEGA can't wait to have this handed off to them.  

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Stream
1. Re: Dead Rising 3 Stream Jul 30, 2014, 22:16 Wallshadows

So if I buy this game, do I have to live near a nuclear power plant to power the computer required in order to play it?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 30, 2014, 12:03 Wallshadows

Maybe if cosplay was more about the costume and less about the tits.

I'll suit up.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 28, 2014, 21:51 Wallshadows

It'll be sad when the time comes and we all know what I am referring to.

Just don't cry...okay, cry a lot.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Jul 28, 2014, 12:02 Wallshadows

So when they found the games, what did they do after? Buried them again for a sequel in thirty years about whether or not the games were actually reburied in a landfill?  

News Comments > Firefly Online Trailer
1. Re: Firefly Online Trailer Jul 27, 2014, 14:02 Wallshadows

Pre-purchase now to help Netflix buy the rights from Fox and start working on season 2.  

News Comments > Boss Key Staffs Up
3. Re: Boss Key Staffs Up Jul 23, 2014, 19:09 Wallshadows

Seems like a pretty solid line up for what could be a F2P business although incoming ten ton suits of armor with whatever they make.  

2149 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo