Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2361 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight
7. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight Jan 20, 2015, 16:53 Wallshadows

Wow, really? They want to do a HD version of Zero? Gross.

It makes me wonder if there is some kind of license issue now in regards to RE2 since they haven't touched on it in so long in spite of easily being the best title in the series.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Resident Evil HD - Stream Tonight Jan 20, 2015, 15:15 Wallshadows

The true horror is trying to play this on KB+M. It's about as horrifying as I suspected so I'll really have to haul ass and find a cheap gamepad.

Still worth it though. Ink ribbons!

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Jan 19, 2015, 18:00 Wallshadows

Weird that they get two online shooter treatments from CoD and BL within such a narrow time frame.  

News Comments > Diablo III "Major Lag"
4. Re: Diablo III Jan 19, 2015, 14:41 Wallshadows

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 19, 2015, 14:21:
Not to be confused with Lieutenant Lag.

...and his new lags.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 23:37 Wallshadows

There are several 'good' private servers which use specific patch versions of previous expansions to capitalize on the nostalgia factor. Some are legit as far as an even playing field whereas others offer pay to win items through donations. They generally have one thing in common though and that's poor raid boss AI in that their scripting is entirely non-existent to poor at best, prone to rollbacks, and general stability issues unless they're rocking some serious hardware and not some junkbox.  

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
5. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 18, 2015, 20:12 Wallshadows

Two modes, classic and another mystery box which I've yet to see.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2015, 18:18 Wallshadows

The ebay listings are sad and hilarious. I bet the people who are buying these are either the same types who bought all the T3 gear from the BMAH and proceed to thump their chest about how they did Vanilla Naxx or feel as though they've failed at life for not being in Vanilla WoW.

I don't blame the sellers thought. All they have to do is bring up their billing history to prove they did it and what better way to make money than to sell off to rabid fans who would buy Metzen's shit in a box.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2015, 16:55 Wallshadows

Made in China by the people who likely hacked your account sometime within those 10 years, no doubt.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 16:50 Wallshadows

I was under the impression that SOE was pretty good about their ability to stop and remove bots in PS2 by way of hardware-level banning the offenders? Is this not true?  

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
1. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 18, 2015, 16:45 Wallshadows

18GB of remastered goodness.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
7. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 17, 2015, 14:01 Wallshadows

There was a streamer who bought an air drop and it fell so close it may as well have been sent straight to his backpack. The contents within? See for yourself

He ended up buying three drops which pretty much fell within pissing distance of his location. These must have happened prior to their P2W tuning though.

News Comments > H1Z1 Refunds
33. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 17, 2015, 09:41 Wallshadows

Moog wrote on Jan 17, 2015, 08:48:
Anyone know how they're doing the refunds when you paid 14.99 UK on Steam?

I have this horrific feeling it might be Sony store credit!!!

Unless you've already done it, it goes to your Steam wallet instantly if done through Steam.

20. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 21:48 Wallshadows

7DTD has come a very long way since I jumped in to it (Update 6). It's regularly updated with open goals for each update and it's coming together is a great way...well, until you fall through the ground and to your death by stacking too much or digging too far. That's really the only game-breaking complaint I have while the other being no automation or mechanization for even trivial designs to propel it in to the stratosphere of amazing but I bet that's something in the design pipeline.

Is it worth the premium? It's debatable but it's been going on sale every now and then and worth it when it's marked down.

News Comments > Hatred Earns AO Rating
3. Re: Hatred Earns AO Rating Jan 16, 2015, 21:34 Wallshadows

I wonder what the Australian-equivalent to an American AO rating would be if such a thing were to exist.  

18. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 21:19 Wallshadows

I mean, unless this game intends to live in Early Access to pay for itself so it never goes F2P P2W it'll likely be worth coming back to when that day happens but until then, back of the bus.  

15. Re: H1Z1 Refunds Jan 16, 2015, 21:11 Wallshadows

I was buying in to it for a refined DayZ formula which developed over time. I don't have a problem with it essentially being a MMO release which went tits up on the first day, the writing was on the wall when they kept pushing back their release deadline and I don't mind sitting in Early Access as long as progress is made such as in 7 Days To Die.

I was under the impression that they would rely on cosmetic items to drive sales. Early access hits, oh, by the way, this is sort of a mix between pay-to-win and pissing your money away, surprise!

Yeah, no. Steam is giving a refund so I'll be riding that Pony in to that Warframe sale if it's still on.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2015, 19:54 Wallshadows

We can go back to hating those who wear bluetooth ear pieces everywhere again!  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
2. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 15, 2015, 19:24 Wallshadows

How's that adult rating thing working out for them again?  

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Jan 15, 2015, 19:22 Wallshadows

Neat, I just got back in to Warframe somewhat and was thinking to myself that it would be nice to see some boosters go on sale! Although 300 plat is a little on the light side of things if you have terrible luck getting parts to build frames or weapons and spend the rest on forma and potatoes.  

News Comments > Dying Light Website; Free 3D Figurine Plans
3. Re: Dying Light Website; Free 3D Figurine Plans Jan 15, 2015, 13:46 Wallshadows

It's regularly on sale for 40$ at GMG. I don't use Steam for sales anymore because eight times out of ten it's cheaper elsewhere, even when they do their massive sales events.

It's simply my library to which it serves that particular purpose great with the exception of how they handle Path of Exile updates where a 10MB patch takes an hour to complete whereas the standalone is pretty much instant.

2361 Comments. 119 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo