Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2170 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
1. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 10:02 Wallshadows

When the fuck did you become a criminal for updating or swapping your graphics card?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 Announced
6. Re: Resident Evil 6 Announced Jan 19, 2012, 20:40 Wallshadows

All action, no survival horror is what I get out of that trailer. What the fuck. I hate what this series has become since the fourth title.

Furthermore, Leon and Chris? Seriously?...

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch Jan 19, 2012, 15:18 Wallshadows

If there was some kind of noticeable gain from upgrading skills then I would have no issue upgrading to the next level. However, as I said, the damage from one level to the next is just so negligible that there is really no point to sink 28k credits when you could dump that 28k on a really nice item from the GTN which will yield much better results for every skill you have.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/26438908.png/ < my alt

Most of the upgrade costs are just money sinks for what they provide and it's not a matter of just going out to quest for an hour to work up the money. It's simply not worth it for certain skills and if it boils down to either skill training or buying that amazing Prototype item in the GTN, well, I'm taking the item in the GTN.

As far as credits go, I've fully funded two level 50 characters, both with full inventory, modifications, cargo space and rank 3 speeder training with about 3 million credits sitting on my main. Sure, I can dump a measly 28k in to a skill but when that skill only nets me 42 extra damage then what the hell is the point...

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2012, 15:37.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch Jan 19, 2012, 12:13 Wallshadows

At level 45 it cost you over 45K to train one skill. That’s absurd!

Yeah, this is definitely another weird factor in the game. For example, it would cost me ~28k credits to upgrade my Corrosive Dart skill but the difference in damage is simply far to low to justify the cost even though I have more than enough credits to cover it. Factor in all skills and you're looking at 300k credits + easy

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch Jan 19, 2012, 11:40 Wallshadows

InBlack, the issue was that they changed the way Ilum functioned in order to complete your daily and weekly PvP quests in order to get PvP bags.

Prior to 1.1, all you had to was capture 5/15 nodes in order to complete your daily/weekly quest without actually having to kill everyone. Unfortunately, it boiled down to simply win-trading at one node with little to no actual fighting.

However, once 1.1 came out, they changed the requirements for the daily/weekly to 30/150 kills. The downside to this is that the Republic are vastly lower in number to the Imperials on most servers and Ilum is such a huge zone. So what happened was the Repuplic players who were in the zone ended up getting spawn camped at their base by a very large force of Imperial players.

By doing this, it essentially held the Republic players hostage since they were unable to move out of the area or able to spawn at another medicenter. They would spawn, die, spawn, die and so forth. They couldn't do anything but continue to do this or simply log out and hope that by the time they log back in later, the Imperials would be gone.

The 'intended' mechanic was that an enemy would get instantly killed upon setting foot in to the other teams fortress but simply did not happen. Meanwhile, all two turrets simply do not push enough damage (they don't even AOE) and were also being destroyed as fast as they respawned.

It basically boils down in to Imperials camping the whole Republic base and getting obscene amounts of valor points which will likely not be rolled back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0kDP_Cexo

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Emergency Patch Jan 19, 2012, 11:30 Wallshadows

There's a huge storm on the forums about this and it seems as though the moderators/community managers/designers are getting torn to shreds based on the feedback they have provided to the community with page after page of users saying they've cancelled their subs.

This is really a pivotal moment for SWTOR as a whole, regardless of whether it's PvP or PvE related because it's the principle that they are barely taking responsibility for this disaster, allowing those who participated in the spawn camping to keep rank/valor, and the time it actually took to even address the issue on top of the time it took to actually bring down Ilum.

The fact of the matter is is that their 'best people in the business' really fucked up with Ilum on so many levels. There shouldn't even be an instant kill mechanic in the first place, just put in more turrets that actually hit hard which do AOE damage along with boss-level guards and the problem solves itself. Don't blame the terrible PvP design flaws solely on your shitty Hero engine...

I like the game from a PvE stand point, I really do, but this has really left a sour taste in my mouth and for this to happen within the first month while trying to build a user base is simply jaw dropping by any standards.

News Comments > The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems
10. Re: The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems Jan 18, 2012, 22:26 Wallshadows

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

What a wonderful time to introduce this.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=198797

8. Re: The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems Jan 18, 2012, 21:29 Wallshadows

It definitely took me a while to get used to the GTN interface and it is in sore need of an overhaul. Namely, I would love for the search filed to be useable right from the start rather than select the correct option, search, and then search again. Tabbing through would also be pretty nice too.

The trick I found to using the GTN is to really sell below the suggested price. I farm level 40 champions out on Hoth from time to time which drop custom and sometimes artifact-grade gear and throw it on the GTN for 2/3 the asking price and it just flies off. It could be the gear, but at the same time I believe most people see the suggested price and take that as a baseline and will either list it for that price or add on to it. If three people have the same item and just list it without changing the price, that severely limits your chance of selling an item especially if it happens often...

Then again, it could just be an issue related to the population and the fact that I am on Corellia Run (Imperial) which is one of the most populated Eastern PvE server.

5. Re: The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems Jan 18, 2012, 21:13 Wallshadows

I expect heads to roll if there is no roll back on valor or a massive wave of cancellation from those who PvP. I think it should be, not just for those who became rushed Battlemasters but for everyone who participated today.

It's really the only thing they can do at this point to gain some kind of approval from the community at large.

2. Re: The Old Republic Patch Live and Causing PvP Problems Jan 18, 2012, 20:52 Wallshadows

Yeah, what a huge over sight the change to Ilum was and really no excuse that the glaringly obvious outcome was not caught prior to the release. Ilum is a mess and they're paying for it with massive backlash from the community and it's justifiable in this case.

The issue ultimately stems from the imbalance in the factions which, from what I hear, heavily favors Imperial over Republic in most cases. It basically boiled down to the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL0kDP_Cexo

News Comments > Banned BF3 Player Made Moderator?
4. Re: Banned BF3 Player Made Moderator? Jan 17, 2012, 20:46 Wallshadows

This is a provocation. No no evidence. I'm not cheating, just better playing

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
26. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 17:49 Wallshadows

I have to agree with that and is something I forgot to mention in my earlier post.

Going from, say, Hoth to Belsavis as an example can really detail the drawn out process of planet-hopping.

Hoth > orbital station > airlock > board ship > load screen > select planet > leave ship > load screen > airlock > orbital station > Belsavis

That doesn't even take in to account the fact that there are dark screen buffers outside of the actual loading screen and in between transport areas. I find it really funny that I can casually travel thousands of parsecs in 7 seconds but it takes me 2 - 3 minutes to get from my ship and to the planet.

Furthermore, as an Imperial Agent, I had several quests where it would direct me to the fleet to talk to my trainer which then would direct me to another planet. I have a holocron system on my ship and a portable one in my pocket, do I really have to go out of my way to talk to someone?

It's not bad when you do it every now and then such as when you are questing as a zone can take several hours to finish but when you are 50 and hunting for datacrons or helping out guildies, it adds up and can be nuisance. There are quicker methods such as direct flights to the Fleet and the emergency pass but the transports are not always in the best spot and the emergency pass has an 18 hour cool down.

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
21. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 16:31 Wallshadows

I will renew my sub.

Most of the problems I have encountered are by no means game breaking but there are several annoyances which I would love to see taken care of such as getting stuck between a rock and a hard place (literally) and the goofy jump system. The engine as a whole is really just a wonky piece of software which feels terribly 'optimized' and the signature Bioware shadows force me to turn them off (it gives a nice boost to performance too).

For anyone with an ATI card and running under Windows 7, go to your shortcut properties and run the game under Windows XP SP 3 compatibility mode and you should notice a fairly nice boost in performance.

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Next Week
9. Re: The Old Republic Update Next Week Jan 13, 2012, 09:11 Wallshadows

I suspect that most people who criticize it for being too much of a single player game are drawn on the fact that there are actually class quests and stories involved and the added depth of the voice acting which is somewhat unheard of in recent MMO titles or at all to this extent. It really separates you from everyone else and can, at times, feel like a single player title within the above examples because it's your story rather than a story everyone has access to but that is by no means a bad thing. I like it but I also know those who are on the fence about it.

Most of the end game disappointments have been by those who just blindly jumped ship from World of Warcraft who happened to join WoW after the TBC era in that they expect a fully fleshed out end game with countless things to do. ToR is like many MMOs in their infancy and the end game is a little sparse compared to everything in between. The fact of the matter is is that if Bioware can keep up their bug stomps with little downtime and provide content updates on a regular basis to establish decent end game (be it pvp or pve), this will be around for a while.

I'm willing to be reasonable and wait for the content to come and the subtle bugs to be ironed out (except getting stuck on rocks in falling animation - ugh) and if that means all the WoW trolls will leave Fleet General and go back to Trade, so be it.

News Comments > The Old Republic Update Next Week
1. Re: The Old Republic Update Next Week Jan 12, 2012, 22:02 Wallshadows

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/rise-of-star-wars/725676

This is the video which is going along with the announcement.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jan 12, 2012, 07:02 Wallshadows

Shift manager Kristen totally has the hots for the older brother.  

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
21. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 8, 2012, 15:38 Wallshadows

The way the damage is dealt threw me through a loop at first. It seems like on my Marauder, the damage was being done before the hits would actually land and I have about ~65ms of latency. It's especially noticeable on attacks such as Ravage.

Nothing game breaking, it just felt a little out of sync and awkward until I got used to it and have since rolled a Sniper which plays fairly well.

News Comments > The Old Republic Stats
9. Re: The Old Republic Stats Dec 27, 2011, 13:27 Wallshadows

ToR is very much like a lot of MMOs in their infancy. The grinding content is there but there is a little left to be desired when it comes to end game. Even WoW was in a state such as this when it released; in fact, it didn't even have battlegrounds for nearly six months after release and look how far that has come over time.

Bioware pretty much has an unlimited amount of history to tap and a lot of potential to flesh out this title for years to come if they establish a healthy player base. To think they will simply sit on their hands with what they have is absurd and anyone who can't see the forest through the trees and make unfair comparisons, well, I feel sorry for you because it's a fun game if you're in to MMOs as well as KotOR.

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
35. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 16:58 Wallshadows

One of the best things to look forward to with game is that there is almost limitless content they can use because of the era it centers around. Perhaps each expansion could focus on new Sith lords from that time frame or experience the events in lore as they unravel through history.

It's really exciting if they are able to capture that much of the Star Wars universe and provide quality content.

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
24. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 09:51 Wallshadows

I never really followed the news on ToR and was skeptical about how well it would do based on the information I saw such as gameplay footage and how the space battles were on rails. But I have to say, actually playing the game is a much more amazing experience which really draws you in to your character and to the world.

You're actually involved with your character, the choices made, and the path you take rather than simply skipping over text. I'm actually approaching the level of Dark V and it's reflected in the items I can use and the look of my character which is fantastic! It reminds me of how much of a destructive force I am in the galaxy.

The combat, crafting, and companions are all great too. The way the crafting/gathering/mission quests work is also another great way to handle professions. It feels much more fluent and exciting than just spending time at a forge and making item or flying around collecting materials (even though you still can).

Locations really capture the Star Wars universe and can be huge.

Space combat is on rails but it's pretty much a hybrid of Star Fox and it's fun. It's a great mini-game and a nice way to collect bonus experience while sending your companions out on missions. That's really all that can be said about that.

The only problem I have with the game is the UI. Given the amount of skills I have for a Sith Marauder, I almost have no more room on my bar. I've pretty much scrutinized every ability to see which ones I don't use often and even then it's a pretty tight fit and I still have yet to obtain all of them. I wish there was a way to customize the UI or that they allowed UI support much like in WoW. I can live without threat meters and recount but a cleaner UI would work wonders.

Throw in a guild bank too would be nice.

Either way, I have been blown away by this title. Not only as an MMO but in general. I don't think I have ever 'bonded' so much to a character such as the one I made in a very long time and the transition from chapter 1 to chapter 2 was phenomenal.

Hang on, hang on. You cant use your free time that you got with the game, until you SUBSCRIBE??? Oh this is getting richer by the minute!

Way to goooo EA!!!!!

This has been the case for every MMO I have been a part of which includes WoW, Aion, and Conan so nothing new there. You don't need to enter a CC # either, a game card will work too as long as you set it up as your subscription and then the free 30 days is tacked on.

2170 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo