Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2016 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > DOTA 2 Cinematic Trailer
6. Re: DOTA 2 Cinematic Trailer Aug 15, 2011, 22:06 Wallshadows

Thatís the only thing you do all day long, you sit on that Ventrilo and play DotA.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a "Cautionary Tale"
3. Re: Eidos Montreal: Deus Ex: Invisible War a Aug 12, 2011, 12:56 Wallshadows

This game will likely be a fantastic title but I feel as though it will fall in to the same area as the previous DE titles when it comes to sales.

Either way, it's been a long time since a title has really caught my attention and I can't wait to drop money on this title.

Some people just 'get it' when it comes to creating a video game, especially one of this magnitude, and I want to reward them for their actions.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

News Comments > 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans
8. Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans Aug 11, 2011, 12:14 Wallshadows

Jason Momoa going from Khal Drogo to Conan, going to be kind of weird.

Jason Momoa going from Star Gate Atlantis to Game of Thrones was far more weird for me to watch.

News Comments > Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer
4. Re: Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 12:08 Wallshadows

with strong support directly from Rebellion.

Yeah, until they realize the title bombs and cuts support like they did with Alien vs Predator.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light E3 Trailers
3. Re: Metro: Last Light E3 Trailers Aug 10, 2011, 23:48 Wallshadows

When I think of a trailer, I think of a edited video which highlights the eye catching moments to draw you in to them, filled with epic music and screen caps.

These are simply short gameplay videos.

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Aug 7, 2011, 20:41 Wallshadows

I don't need malware to turn off UAC.

Shit's annoying.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 6, 2011, 08:43 Wallshadows

Don't forget all the complimentary foot-in-mouth statements by Mark Rein and Cliffy B.  

News Comments > The Stanley Parable
9. Re: The Stanley Parable Aug 5, 2011, 20:30 Wallshadows

Maybe it's just me but it has this whole Hitchhikers Guide kind of vibe to it.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
4. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Aug 5, 2011, 18:51 Wallshadows

I would rather see a company do hot fixes every day for a year, then a company that only does them every 6 months IF that (Cryptic Studio's City of Heroes).

To me, I consider a hot fix to involve some situational bugs which may have slipped through the PTRs and not brought up in the forums due to unorthodox methods or strategies. Maybe you drag a mob too far and it evades, or that one elevated piece of ground in the area bugs the boss back to full health (this happened with Gruul back in tbc).

As I said, this recent hot fix is pretty tame compared to what Blizzard is capable of doing when they ignore their PTR forums and then to blame it on lack of test data while the information is sitting right in front of them.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
2. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Aug 5, 2011, 15:59 Wallshadows

Believe it or not but these hot fixes are pretty tame compared to the 4.1 fiasco and subsequent nerfs, buffs, and ironing out bugs. Nearly each day brought new changes which really angered a lot of the community, causing some to drop their subscriptions because they didn't feel like relearning or to constantly bending over backwards to play guinea pig.

Also, I use Unheeded Warning on my on my Feral Combat Druid and am puzzled as to why they would chose to alter the buff. They claim that they want players to move forward on item progression and that UHW was a crutch for Rogues and Ferals. Apparently, they have a very short memory since Greatness from WotLK was kept in the same state for the entirety of WotLK and was only trumped by 251+ ICC trinkets.

I suspect this was result of all the complaining done by the baddie PvP community which was up in arms and typical band wagon anecdotes.

The Val'kyr will again despawn after the Lich King reaches 10% health. If they are in the process of carrying a player, they will first drop them to the ground before leaving.

This is likely implemented after Mionelol was able to solo the LK and got carried off the edge after the 10% mark which was pretty hilarious to watch.

News Comments > Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M
4. Re: Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M Aug 4, 2011, 23:13 Wallshadows

Only 200,000 of them nin. Question is, who is going to clean up after them?

With the new companion pet, Stormwind Custodian, of course.

News Comments > WoW Drops More Subs
36. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 4, 2011, 14:56 Wallshadows

This is the biggest problem from what I saw. I played on an RP server, where there were only a handful of real raiding guilds (if that), so it wound up with large portions of our population just being cut off from what they had been doing in the past...so they went for the content they would do otherwise, which were dungeons or heroic dungeons.

*put on tinfoil hat*

I always had the impression that there was an underlying meaning to the difficulty of raids and that was to give the new developers time to slug through creating the next tier of raids. In retrospect, all the balance issues, hot fixing, and delays gives me the impression that the new team is having a hard time filling the shoes of those who worked through TBC and WotLK content and needed to provide a steep learning curve for players to stifle progression.

In between all of this, we are given two rehashed dungeons to start another absurd subplot with the Zandalari which will likely never be touched on again in the game and require a book to 'tie up' the events in the same way they did with The Shattering.

From there, they only designed half a raid as they put all the tier gear in to one zone with half the bosses of, say, Ulduar which also had full tier. This creates another artificial difficulty for the players where, in 10 man, only two pieces of gear will drop in a HUGE loot table and can potentially stifle progression once again.

So, now we're being told 4.3 will be the largest content update since Cataclysm and will be released this year but have yet to provide any details aside from datamining speculation. I suspect they will either release an update which is far from the quality the community is asking for and hot fixed over several months or they are pulling work away from 'Titan' to meet this deadline.

/tinfoil hat

32. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 4, 2011, 14:23 Wallshadows

Another thing which I would like to bring up is how stale the actual world of Azeroth has become. Upon the shattering, it basically eliminated all class/profession quests and neutered all world elites to either be regular mobs or completely removed from the game such as the world dragons.

This leaves little to no reason to actually explore the world, provide a sense of danger while out in the wild or challenge players.

29. Re: WoW Drops More Subs Aug 4, 2011, 14:14 Wallshadows

Blizzard needs to actually listen to their user base rather then brush them off and do what they feel is right. The content for Cataclysm was scrutinized nearly upon release and it only got worse as more and more players are able to grind through with little to nothing to do; whether it was raiding or casually doing dailies.

For starters, they intentionally made Cataclysm much more difficult to jump in to then Wrath and I would even go as far back as The Burning Crusade in terms of raiding. Where there was once incremental steps of progression between Heroic dungeons and entry-level raiding (Karazhan, Naxxramas), they threw it out the window and put a lot of players in the middle. They had run the Heroic dungeons and got gear, but could not do the raiding content effectively due to the difficulty. The way they handled melee and range encounters was appalling as well.

Fortunately for me, I was able to do lots of content before the 4.2 nerfs but I know of many, many players and guilds who were left in this heroic dungeon - raiding limbo and ultimately turned them away from not only raiding, but the game as well. I can understand that Blizzard wanted to implement a more difficult raiding environment, but they lost sight of how progression was handled prior to Cataclysm to give everyone the ability to progress.

Secondly, class balance through nerfs and buffs need to be handled much more efficiently before being released to the wild. It seems to have become better now, but it still happens.

Third, if they intend to bring quality content back to the community, they need to dump the team handling the Cataclysm content right now. They've pretty much sat on their hands to deliver us a 7 boss raid with no companion dungeon and rehashed two older instances to push another subplot which will likely get a disappointing payoff.

As a raider, The Burning Crusade has since been the high point of this game because it released with a lot of raids which actually had progression in mind for both loot and encounters as opposed to the blanket '359' with the Cataclysm release. This really bothered me because the gear which dropped off Magmaw was of equal stat value as that from Nefarian whereas the drop off, say, Moroes was lesser then Prince Malchezaar.

TL;DR - Blizzard needs to stop doing what they are doing and listen to what the players would like.

News Comments > EA: Origin Accounts "May be Cancelled for Non-use"
4. Re: EA: Origin Accounts Aug 3, 2011, 15:58 Wallshadows

I can't wait until they change their terms of service to include cancelling accounts of those who do not buy their DLC or more then a couple titles through Origin.

They're dumb enough to do it.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Patched
10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Patched Aug 3, 2011, 02:58 Wallshadows

Is this the patch which makes the game fun?

(crickets)

Oh come on, they're both about the same age and therefor relevant.

News Comments > Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria
18. Re: Blizzard TMs Mists of Pandaria Aug 3, 2011, 02:53 Wallshadows

If this is true, I smell a potential ret-con which puts the Draenie to shame.

For starters, the Pandaren are neutral as they are merely travelers. While they enjoy certain races and factions more then others, they do not feel the need to pick sides when it comes to the Horde and the Alliance in spite of their past relations with characters such as Rexxar or even the Night Elf race.

The do not wish to be a part of the Alliance due to several factors such as the politics, practice of Arcane magic, but are fond of the Dwarves. However, while they are more aligned with the Horde because of their spirituality, they feel that the Horde requires time to find their 'proper' identity as they settle in and hate the Blood Elves.

Either way, I'm not really sold on this as a potential expansion when you consider so many other areas of the world which would be more interesting. I mean, Blizzard hasn't even acknowledged the location of Kul Tiras which played an actual role in the overall lore and even the Undermine has more mention then Pandaria.

While I had a feeling that Pandaria would be exposed sooner or later, I was not expecting a full expansion if this is where things are heading. Then again, not much is known about Pandaria so it would give them a sort of blank slate to create another incoherent interesting story.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 2, 2011, 02:06 Wallshadows

How the shit do things like 'planking' become such a big deal and spread in the first place is beyond me.  

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
55. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 13:00 Wallshadows

I don't condone a lot of the actions they've taken with World of Warcraft such as adding micro-transactions on top of a monthly fee for vanity items and so forth but getting all up in arms about requiring a permanent internet connection is a little bit of a knee jerk reactions brought on by the Ubisoft Effect.

The campaign offered little to no payoff compared to the multiplayer aspect and was very stale single player component to play through more then once. Encounters didn't scale based on players in the room, no one to talk with, no community, and no PvP is what drove most to play online. Unfortunately, those who took their offline character to open battle net would often fall victim to hacked items which then drove them to closed battle net or they took part in using and creating hacked items.

So, in the end, most of the players outside from all the kiddies found their way to closed battle net, especially once they introduced the seasonal ladders which all required an internet connection to play because, at this point, there was little to no reason to play single player aspect of the game.

I feel that those who are miffed by this are likely from the US where the infrastructure is a little wonky when compared to other areas and their connection is not always a surefire deal. Otherwise, if you intend to play this game like most did in Diablo 2 for the multiplayer, the argument is moot and you're just over reacting for no good reason other then to bring up Ubisoft DRM skirmishes.

For this to be a deal breaker is really a typical knee jerk reaction when you refuse to remember how most of the population enjoyed playing Diablo 2 and only draw comparisons which simply aren't there.

Most of the closed battle net hacks were derived on open battle net so this will curb a huge amount of potential hacked items which benefits the whole online community. No more 40 sojs for Pstar economy which is fine by me.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
40. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:28 Wallshadows

Welcome to the 21st century and it's unfortunate if your ISP or hardware sucks to the point where it actually has an impact on what you can and cannot play with an internet connection.

Hell, I played all through Diablo 2 on a 33.6k dial up connection way out in the sticks and I can't recall ever having issues playing the game online aside from higher latency.

For me, I barely touched the single player campaign for Diablo 2 so having a persistent internet connection is no shock to me which is likely the case for most who played closed/ladder Diablo 2...

...unless you were one of those open battle net baddies who used single player campaign to go all Jamella on your character.

This comment was edited on Aug 1, 2011, 12:36.

2016 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo