Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 1901 (Pro)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming
16. Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming May 24, 2011, 00:08 Wallshadows

By the way moron. Blizzard does free transfers whenever they open a new server to alleviate crowds.

You forgot to mention the part where it's only specific servers which are allowed free transfers and, as you pointed out, they are for low pop servers which is not something most of the players look forward to in an established community. Blackrock carries the unofficial motto of "GTFO Blackrock is full" and there have been six attempts to transfer that community through multiple low pop areas.

It's still full.

You also forgot to mention the fact that the last batch of new servers were put in in 2009 and more and more servers/factions are encountering issues with population and balance. The reason you see 'new' on the server list is because these are a portion of the servers which are turning in to ghost towns and this is one way on how Blizzard intends to 'fix' the issue. While they could merge dying servers, they chose not to since merging servers is the death cry of a MMOG and will only allow their free transfers under their conditions which often ignore the truly needy such as the Alliance on Cho'Gall or the Horde on Grizzly Hills.

But like I said above, even free transfers will not guarantee anything and Blizzard cannot force the customers to make that decision.

Trion is allowing players the ability to transfer anywhere for no fee regardless of population (Apples) while Blizzard continues to bury their head in the sand and ignore the plight which players bring about their dying server (Oranges).

No, wait, they'll help if you have $25.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2011, 00:22.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight
17. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Trailer Tonight May 23, 2011, 23:40 Wallshadows

I remember when they used to make things called expansion packs and sold them for $20. Now, they simply pump out what is essentially the same game year after year and charge a premium for it.

No wonder half the CoD community is filled with idiot fanboys! They'd have to be stupid to continue buying and supporting this franchise.

This is why we can't have nice things. They get the impression that it's okay to continue to sell the same game over and over again as long as they sell well while titles such as Psychonauts go unnoticed and dumped on for poor sales.

News Comments > PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week
10. Re: PC Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale This Week May 23, 2011, 17:43 Wallshadows

And please someone explain to me how Diablo 3 is really any different?

I like how your post was agreeing upon a common issue which WyldKat brought up and then you decided to get all defensive and rude after this portion.

For a comparison, Diablo 3 will allow you to be either a male or female character of each class as opposed to the 'locked down' characters which we were given in Diablo 1 and 2.

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
16. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 23, 2011, 16:57 Wallshadows

I believe it is running off of Chrome Engine 5 which is also used in the new Call of Juarez title.  

News Comments > New Carmageddon is Indie Game?
25. Re: New Carmageddon is Indie Game? May 23, 2011, 16:45 Wallshadows

It's great that it's going back to the initial developer and that there are remnant members on board who actually worked on the first two. What concerns me will be artificial hype because of this and we end up with another Aliens vs Predator title which was simply 'okay'.  

News Comments > Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming
9. Re: Free RIFT Character Transfers Coming May 23, 2011, 15:28 Wallshadows

Doing this will likely provide Rift with a long-time user base as it shows the community that Trion is in it for the players rather than making bank. While I doubt Blizzard will take initial notice, the players definitely will which may create another drop off in players. If not for Rift, maybe it will pry them away long enough to try out other titles.

The fact that Trion is doing this for free in the infancy of RIFT and that Blizzard is still charging 25$ is astounding.

News Comments > Dead Island Trailer
2. Re: Dead Island Trailer May 23, 2011, 15:14 Wallshadows

Dear Deep Silver,

Take all my money.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2011, 17:57 Wallshadows

I think I'm doing this whole rapture thing wrong because it's not working.  

News Comments > Carmageddon Countdown
3. Re: Carmageddon Countdown May 21, 2011, 17:03 Wallshadows

The original Carmageddon was a 1997 DOS release

Wow, I feel....old.

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation Next Month
1. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation Next Month May 19, 2011, 15:25 Wallshadows

I would be happy if they sold the Zombie maps as a separate title for $10. It's the only redeeming factor I see from the entire CoD franchise at this point.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Engineer Feature
2. Re: Guild Wars 2 Engineer Feature May 19, 2011, 12:20 Wallshadows

Kind of a neat class type. As a WoW player, it gives me the impression of a Hunter/Shaman hybrid from the 21st century.

GW2 is looking like a promising title with all the changes they have done since the first title. Making it an open world rather than instanced off to only you and your party members was the selling point for me.

News Comments > Hellgate's North American F2P Return
3. Re: Hellgate's North American F2P Return May 19, 2011, 12:09 Wallshadows

I really, really hoped that this title would live up to the hype it generated over the years. While the game itself was by no means bad, Flagship Studios handled it in such a disastrous way which really tarnished the title along with the credibility of several members within it.

I hope that within this closed beta that they will actually iron out bugs rather than to rush it in to a live setting as was done before but with only two days, I suspect it's more of along the lines of 'lets see if this sunk ship can float again'.

News Comments > Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play
17. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 13:06 Wallshadows

My account actually got a 24 hours suspension for quoting and pointing out that others who have quoted it have had their posts removed:

"Outside resources don't play into it - no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it," he continued. "What you get out of micro-transactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing it later."

-Rob Pardo, Blizzard VP

Source

Stay classy.

7. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 11:35 Wallshadows

I agree.

It's not in their interest to provide players with one more reason to quit the game for the sake of making a fraction of their total revenue for greed.

They will have a much healthier, long term player base if they bite the bullet and realize that this was a feature a lot players have asked for for so long rather than to tack on a price and expect the community to bite. If anything, the community is already strongly against this but due to massive censorship on their forums, threads will be squashed before they are read.

Right now, they risk losing subscriptions which not only lowers the potential for that extra income but also the flat $15 which the entire structure of this game relies on. While premium services will go to line their pockets, the base subscription fee is what allows Blizzard to maintain their hardware and such.

This is not only a problem now but a future problem as well. Think of the implications this may have on Diablo III or future Blizzard games.

5. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 11:10 Wallshadows

This is burning up the general forums topics where admins are deleting threads left, right, and center from angry players. It seems like this, aside from when they wanted to reveal your real name on the forums, is one of the few things which 90% of the community is against and for good reason.

Blizzard has to be so blind by greed to start nickle and diming their players through a method they introduced to encourage social gaming which should have been a (free) feature right from the start. They either lack foresight or saw dollars instead of a happier community who were screaming for a feature such as this to come out.

Whether they charge $1 or $10 for this is simply unacceptable and sets up a dangerous precedence when it comes to what they will charge for next such as (non-expansion) content updates. While I would find that hard to believe a couple years ago, it's now a real possibility.

Pretty soon, they will simply change their subscription method to:

WoW Light - $15 - Standard account with no premium perks
WoW Plus - $18 - A combination of standard account with one premium perk
WoW Platinum - $22 - Features all premium access

Bottom line is is that premium based subscriptions should be left to the F2P games which rely on microtransactions to support the developers which, in turn, benefits the community. In no way does Blizzard need financial support on top of what we are already paying in subscriptions.

What makes this such a glaring scheme to capitalize on is the fact that they only decided to implement this right after it was announced that 600k players left. No doubt they need to fill that hole. I suspect the same will happen when the next wave of players leave and they decide to allow BoA items transfer to separate servers for a fee.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 F**king Run Trailer
1. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 F**king Run Trailer May 14, 2011, 02:38 Wallshadows

Seems like a fun concept if the maps offer multiple routes and not jam packed with idiot AI enemies to make it artificially difficult.

I can see a lot of disgruntled players grieving on this though.

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2011, 18:11 Wallshadows

So let me get this straight...

We have yet to see a second tier raid with seven bosses when, in much less time, Ulduar was pushed out the door with twice as many bosses in a much more complex environment.

From there, we've undergone a massive amount of hot fixes and bugs which were ignored through their own reporting channels.

Now they want to release 'quality' content quicker?

Not with the team doing the work now, no way. They can hardly manage minor content updates let alone large scale implementations without breaking the game or properly addressing bugs while 'balancing' the classes every other week.

What's going to happen is a spectacular failure on Blizzards part which stretches back to the start of Cataclysm when they decided to head hunt their own talent for Titan. We're now at the mercy of the B Team and soon to be the Rushing B Team which likely will not get any better until Diablo 3.

News Comments > Diablo III Interviews
10. Re: Diablo III Interviews May 13, 2011, 17:54 Wallshadows

Don't tell me they had a different team, because all D3 is, is WoW look, skinned SC2 units with different animations, and money to pay their employees from WOW

Do you know how I know you're an idiot?

News Comments > Diablo III Followers Trailer
13. Re: Diablo III Followers Trailer May 12, 2011, 23:59 Wallshadows

Historically speaking, Diablo was never a franchise which pushed the graphics envelop. In fact, I would say that all Blizzard titles are made the same way to ensure a more vast player base can be established as opposed to alienating those who have older machines.

However, they are very good at tailoring the game engine to the atmosphere of the title which often produces some very exquisite designs. This is one of their strong points when it comes to delivering an underwhelming technical title but an overwhelming artistic title.

Anyone who is surprised and criticizer about how it looks is likely the same person who has never picked up a Blizzard title or one of those ADHD kids who can't get enough Gears of War or Call of Duty.

News Comments > Capcom on PC Gaming
10. Re: Capcom on PC Gaming May 12, 2011, 11:35 Wallshadows

Resident Evil 4 and 5 (Zero to a certain degree) have made me far less interested in this series as a whole which is why I am skeptical about Resident Evil 6 which is suppose to be taken in another direction. With the way they wanted to make RE more mainstream and for the masses with 4 and 5, I'm really concerned that the franchise will more action than actual survival horror elements.

Drop the shitty "Las Plagas" story line
Drop the terrible coop AI characters
Reinstate Zombies and Umbrella/Wesker as the main antagonist
Use 'believable' characters rather than mega-buffed Chris Redfields
Make ammo and weapons scarce
Make it survival horror rather than another dumbed down action game
Bonus: Keep tank controls

Operation Raccoon City will hopefully be a nice refreshing title to dip in to since this series has run a muck.

1901 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo