Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2068 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > RIFT "Ashes of History" Next Week
1. Re: RIFT "Ashes of History" Next Week Sep 21, 2011, 23:06 Wallshadows

I have to say that I enjoy the concept of being rewarded for all the time and money you dump in to an MMO. Blizzard did this not long ago, but it turned out to be something to pass on to a friend to reward them with a trial of the game or some bullshit or an achievement which is practically useless.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
21. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 21, 2011, 23:01 Wallshadows

We can start talking about games again though, anytime you're ready.

It all boils down to perspective, really. For example, take a title such as 50 Cent - Bulletproof where it was a terrible game but pushed some fairly decent sales figures because of the name behind it and even had a sequel which didn't do much better.

If the product has an established, strong user base then it can influence the sale of whatever is shipped out the door regardless of the medium.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
1. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Sep 21, 2011, 18:04 Wallshadows

I don't really understand why these nerfs were rolled out now or were not done in increments such as the ICC buff. While the previous tier was nerfed for those to experience the content because it was no longer 'current' content, they've taken that same stance on Firelands without the next raiding tier in sight and extended those nerfs in to heroic mode.

We were able to practically steam roll right to Staghelm with three new raiders who had limited experience where we will pick up tomorrow night for more easy loot. Baleroc has secured his position as Loot Reaver 2.0, the tornadoes on Alysrazor are soooooo slooow, and the overall experience feels like loot is just being handed out with little to no challenge.

I have no issue with nerfing previous tier content but to do it during current content is absurd.

News Comments > Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games
12. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 21, 2011, 13:16 Wallshadows

when everyone says itís done, keep polishing!

Keep polishing with a new price tag is what they meant.

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
38. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 21, 2011, 02:34 Wallshadows

Well, if you hate freedom you should buy it. I guess you support Kotick and his little fascist empire.

That has to be the most asinine statement I have read in a long time, regardless of the context that it is directed at.

The concept of freedom is to make your own independent choice without interference from others and by pressuring others to not do something really shows how much of a tool you can be even though you make valid points.

It has nothing to do with supporting Kotick and everything to do about having fun. I won't simply dismiss a title because it sends money in to some asshole's pocket because, guess what, all the money I spend goes in to some asshole's pocket regardless so I may as well have fun while doing so which is why I play games in the first place.

I think some people just forgot how to have fun...

News Comments > Diablo III Closed Beta Begins
10. Re: Diablo III Closed Beta Begins Sep 20, 2011, 19:20 Wallshadows

Unfortunately, there is no real counter argument which can be made in regards to their always on philosophy.

The primary reason is to stem item duping and hacking which practically destroyed the economy in Diablo 2 and is always a topic brought up when someone mentions the game. The desired effect is to store all the key data server-side in order to limit access to these files which were otherwise dumped all on the drive which were open not only for yourself to edit, but also to download from 'custom' sites which created an issue all in itself.

Factor in the real money auction house (which I think is stupid) and preventing item duping becomes that much more of a priority rather then rolling out rust storm years after the fact.

Is it perfect? Obviously it's not but from the way I see it, it's better to lose a small percent of players in order to secure a proper online experience than to cave in and potentially create flak when a bunch of their players unknowingly buy duped items which disappear when they log out.

For me, I simply don't understand the reasoning behind not wanting to purchase the title for requiring an online connection when 99% of the time I spent was through closed battle.net... /shrug

News Comments > Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games
10. Re: Rogers Ordered to Stop Throttling WoW and Other Games Sep 17, 2011, 14:45 Wallshadows

Canada has to be one of the most pathetic countries in the world for not allowing competition, yet it always likes to tout itself as so very cutting edge and advanced.

I'm not sure if this is true for the western portion of Canada but here on the eastern coast has a lot of competition as well as providing high speed internet to very, very remote areas throughout Nova Scotia.

I lived in a village of about 150 people, 45 minutes from the nearest 'town' and we still had access to high speed internet while Rogers was no where on the map and this is the same for many other outlying communities across the provinces.

If I were to pick up high speed internet right now as a new customer in Halifax, I would have the choice of at least three options with fairly competitive pricing and without a cap issue (for me).

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 16, 2011, 11:16 Wallshadows

Resident Evil took a nose dive with RE4. Sure, it was a good game in it's own right, save for quick time events, but it really shattered the RE universe and sent it spiraling off in to an even more far fetched story which robbed us of the entire build up since the very first title:

To destroy umbrella!

Instead, RE4 wisps us in to a world where this has already happened and is only given brief mention in the opening monologue which shuts down nearly all aspects of the previous story save for the use of Leon, Ada, and the ending cameo with Wesker.

From there, RE5 saw the senseless death to a villain who was no longer relevant to this new direction. I didn't play a lot of the middle parts because it was terribly annoying, so maybe he was more then a bone thrown out for the sake of ending the Chris/Wesker subplot.

News Comments > Dead Island DLC Waits for Patches
6. Re: Dead Island DLC Waits for Patches Sep 15, 2011, 21:37 Wallshadows

They release a totally broken game and they rock?

Well, they could have taken all of our money and not do a damn thing about it so a little respect where respect is due even if it's late.

Like they say, better late then never.

News Comments > Diablo III Lag-Free?
9. Re: Diablo III Lag-Free? Sep 14, 2011, 11:01 Wallshadows

I would need to see more information from this from more then just a handful of folks in the F&F beta. Then again, this is not reported by Blizzard itself so I would like to see some official commentary and/or documentation to provide further details as it sounds like it only takes your commands in to account such as abilities and whatnot.

Which brings me to the next point that when a game stutters or is choppy, that's not latency. That's a technical hangup with your system which is affecting the frames per second whereas a network issue is when it takes the server 10 seconds to respond to a click or movement which provides a high ping.

Stuttering FPS =/= High Latency 99% of the time.

Also, Diablo 2 wasn't bad until you got one or two Necromancers spamming the shit out of Bone Wall and Bone Prison. Even after they broke, you could see flashing images of them if you ran around in the area. The game still ran fine but the latency would go through the roof until you remade the game.

I can only see the excuses this will generate though if it's the case when someone gets stomped in PvP since latency would no longer be an excuse.

News Comments > Diablo III Skill Calculator
4. Re: Diablo III Skill Calculator Sep 13, 2011, 23:37 Wallshadows

The calculator is nice to go over. I figure my first character will be used strictly for magic finding as I was the case for D2 to fuel my other characters with items and wealth. However, now that I see there will be a fairly large cooldown on Teleport even with the passive 20% reduction through Evocation, I'll have to go over each tree and watch some videos in the future in the event that I am not in the beta.

Demon Hunter looks like an Assassin / Amazon hybrid and could be a terrific magic finder with great survivability for later difficulties.

For some reason though it feels like Demon Hunters will be like Death Knights in WoW...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2011, 11:09 Wallshadows

I would hate to be the neighbor of that FPSRussia guy.

As for Dragon's Lair, jesus, that takes me way back to 3.5" floppies and countless play throughs. The worst part was when you had to get across the room and the knight on the other end would use his sword to light up the squares which killed you.

...and then there was riding that fucking horse.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Sep 12, 2011, 15:03 Wallshadows

I really don't care. If anything, by not including them, it avoids all that bullshit which cropped up from the No Russian mission in CoD to inspire even more crazies to blanket the entire gaming community as psychos playing their 'murder simulators'.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2011, 20:50 Wallshadows

and after taking a nap on the lawn he sobered up and returned to the woods

This takes me back...

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 10, 2011, 20:40 Wallshadows

Stupid fucking articles like the ones found on VG247 is what plagues the internet.

Hyper sensitive individuals plague real life.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Sep 10, 2011, 20:36 Wallshadows

The last boss in Warhammer, Nemeroth, really made me do a hard face palm with the way they handled the fight. Fighting Nemeroth is easy but leading up to that point is nothing but a wave encounter in a very small, open room which leaves little to no room for error. It's hard, but for all the wrong reasons and felt very lazy.

It actually reminds me of the one winged angel fights leading up until Sephiroth in FF7 where the gauntlet was the biggest challenge to an unusually easy boss fight.

News Comments > Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam
7. Re: Space Marine MIA from U.K. Steam Sep 10, 2011, 01:43 Wallshadows

I find that a lot of reviews are either skimming over the multiplayer or have simply ignored it which is a real shame because I only hear good things about it and Co-op will be quite entertaining when it arrives!  

News Comments > Origin Boasts 4M Client Installs; Promises Third-Party Content "Very Soon"
3. Re: Origin Boasts 4M Client Installs; Promises Third-Party Content Sep 9, 2011, 20:06 Wallshadows

That's fine if it's true but it will be more interesting to see within, say, a year on the average amount of purchased games per user ratio. For me, I only have BF3 on my radar which may stay that way whereas I have 15+ on Steam with room to improve.

Whether I like Origin or not is irrelevant if there is only one foreseeable game I will use on.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 9, 2011, 19:55 Wallshadows

Out of curiosity, how long does an ISP retain logging information? Not that this case concerns me but it is interesting in a tidbit sort of way.

I assume it varies by ISP though...

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer Next Week
2. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Next Week Sep 9, 2011, 15:22 Wallshadows

Starring Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.  

2068 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo