Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2149 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Syndicate "Agent Tech" Deep-Dive Trailer
1. Re: Syndicate "Agent Tech" Deep-Dive Trailer Dec 16, 2011, 11:05 Wallshadows

Chips, we get it.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Introduces BattleTags
1. Re: Blizzard Introduces BattleTags Dec 16, 2011, 11:04 Wallshadows

I would rather have Battletoads.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
38. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 17:32 Wallshadows

It's more along the lines of 18GB or so. There is one giant 11GB chunk, followed by a 4GB chunk and smaller files here and there. Retail version is just a typical installation off the disc.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
4. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Dec 13, 2011, 17:18 Wallshadows

Unlike the other races we have been thrown these past few years, the Pandaren are actually pretty involved in the Warcraft universe rather than just thrown together like Draenie and Worgen.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pandaren

32. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 16:12 Wallshadows

The early access program went by when you redeemed your pre-order code so today was pretty much everyone in the first couple days of pre-order but I have heard reports of those even in November skipping ahead but no source to back it up other than hear-say.

Hey everyone.

We absolutely understand you want to get in and play the game early. It's one of the reasons we expanded our Early Game Access from a maximum of five days to a maximum of seven days. However, there are a couple of important points to realize about today's opening salvo of invites, and the procedure in general for Early Game Access and launch.

First, Early Game Access and launch is not supposed to be a stress test. In our previous Beta Testing Weekends we got up to very large concurrent number of players and brought invites into the game at a very high rate. That was done to stress test every aspect of our systems and servers, and essentially to see if they broke. In some cases, they did, but that helped us improve for launch.

For us, launch isn't just about stuffing our servers with as many people as possible. As anyone who's been through a large MMO launch can tell you, that experience can be painful. Our aim with this launch was to ramp things up gradually, to spread our player population out amongst a variety of servers, to maintain all server types, and to keep queuing to a minimum (although we expect that to happen as we head towards December 20th). So far, all that has been successful for us on Day One.

The second thing to realize is scale. We invited more people to play Star Wars: The Old Republic today than many other MMO launches manage in their entire head-start process. As I mentioned earlier today, when we opened pre-orders we had a huge spike in numbers - far more than most MMOs capture at launch. That was the initial rush. After that, our pre-orders settled down.

What this means is that tomorrow, you'll effectively start to see the pre-order timeline expand. You'll see people who have pre-ordered later than July getting invites. The day after that, more people will be invited. We're actually planning to invite more tomorrow than today, and invite the same number again on Thursday - at which point we'll be into the original 'five days of Early Game Access'.

Last thing. Why aren't we continuing to send waves over time? Two main reasons - one, because we need to see that the servers are maintaining stability over time; adding a lot of players in a short period (in other words, stress testing) can cause stability issues.

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and roll out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.

Our aim is for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be around for a long time to come. Today's just the first step in that - an early step, too - and we'll be running smoothly, with a stable population, before too long.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=66561&postcount=6438

13. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 12:17 Wallshadows

They do it to cover their ass.

If they went ahead and gave a heads up to those who would be in the early access or said they would open it up to everyone and something happened which crippled the servers, guess what, you now have much, much more pissed off impatient players than we see now.

Some people just can't quite grasp the scope of an MMO launch and think you can just plan ahead and roll everything out all at once. They simply can't do that with the amount of players who will be accessing the game; something can and will go wrong which happens time and time again with new MMOs. If things go great, they'll add more waves but if they get hung up on something, they'll stop and correct the issue.

Would you rather they do this now or on launch day?

I would rather see the community eased in to the game based on their EA code entry date rather than encounter another day one clusterfuck like on Conan and Aion and this is coming from a guy who just preordered the game last week so you know I won't even be in till Friday at the earliest...

This comment was edited on Dec 13, 2011, 12:23.

News Comments > Diablo III Opening Cinematic
8. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 20:46 Wallshadows

Ehh... it feels pretty good if you've played the beta.

I have not played the beta yet. Why must you mock me?!

Crying Crying Crying

News Comments > Diablo III Opening Cinematic
2. Re: Diablo III Opening Cinematic Dec 11, 2011, 17:21 Wallshadows

The first half was pretty god damn awesome but then the second half was a little underwhelming...  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 10, 2011, 01:47 Wallshadows

I'll just wait for the HD release on the D3 website or on Youtube...  

News Comments > AVault for Sale
25. Re: AVault for Sale Dec 6, 2011, 14:25 Wallshadows

Hard to believe that it's almost been 6 years since Billy Wicked Wilson died.

Wow, it has really been that long? VE was usually where I went for my news. Quote of the day, interesting humor, great crowd and then all the sudden they sold out to IGN and I've never been back.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050316045914/http://ve3d.ign.com/ has the original article posted by Apache in regards to the death of Billy Wilson towards the bottom. Feels like I just read it yesterday.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
26. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 18:35 Wallshadows

And Steam is certainly not cheaper (Steam prices are a rip-off compared to retail in most cases and compared to "free", well, there is no comparison... free is free which is as cheap as it gets), nor is it easier than piracy. I don't know what piracy you guys are talking about but I'm talking about the download cracked image and mount via DT kind of piracy which takes less than a handful of mouse clicks and is so easily done you could train a monkey to do it. On the other hand: Try training a monkey to enter account credentials or credit card details. Good luck with that.

You're drinking out of the wrong Kool-aid cup again.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
5. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 13:31 Wallshadows

This guy is a dick and I won't hand over any kind of money where even a fraction of a portion will end up in his pocket.

Good job.

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
4. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 13:26 Wallshadows

If someone would have told me this, like, ten years ago that there would be no PC version of R6, I would have laughed at them and punch them in the face with a rabid badger.

This won't go over well, but they'll do it anyway.

Then again, after seeing what they have been doing to it over the past several years, I guess the next step to water it down further is to make it console-only.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 24, 2011, 13:16 Wallshadows

Holy nostalgia list.

I remember when me and my friend would rent an N64 system each weekend to play Star Fox, Mario, and Goldeneye when we were still in elementary school. I used to bring my PSone over but it would usually result in us going back to one of those three titles for hours on end especially once he got one for Christmas and when Perfect Dark/Conquer came out later on.

The PSone was mostly there for my RE/FF fix.

Now we're both old, he's getting married, and I have three college degrees under my belt.

Fuckin' time. It should have just slowed down.

News Comments > WoW: Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator
7. Re: WoW: Mists of Pandaria Talent Calculator Nov 23, 2011, 15:28 Wallshadows

I keep saying this but I have no idea how they think this will provide more customization to the players when we have six choices. Now, while the individual talents will likely change, you'll still see the the same cookie cutter specs which either favor dps in pve and survivability in pvp.

Keeping both in the same tree as they have been since the dawn of time will always create a fundamental balance issues where you pick one over the other which applies to your play style. As the talents stand, some can be used both ways, such as the Druid talent which can buff your healing as feral but for the most part, it seems like there is very little gray zone beyond what I play.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears
5. Re: World of Warcraft Anniversary Nears Nov 19, 2011, 10:04 Wallshadows

They've always provided players who log in with a feat of strength though, or at least they have for the past few years. They even gave out a pet once, the Baby Blizzard Bear.

7% experience boost is pretty 'meh' though even for players without heirloom gear...

News Comments > Rebellion Plans to Make Better Games
5. Re: Rebellion Plans to Make Better Games Nov 18, 2011, 12:58 Wallshadows

They screwed the pooch with what they did to their remake/reboot/whatever of AvP. While not the worst game I've ever played, I simply no longer have any faith left in their company and will steer clear of any future products.

The fact that they realize the issue now after multiple titles bombed does not give them a free pass to say they'll do better and expect me to hand over my cash. That's ridiculous.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2011, 13:12.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer
14. Re: Max Payne 3 Trailer Nov 17, 2011, 19:37 Wallshadows

"You may not watch this video at this time."

Fuck you for being off, numlock.

News Comments > Final Fantasy Action/RPG?
6. Re: Final Fantasy Action/RPG? Nov 16, 2011, 18:13 Wallshadows

I would much rather see another Tactics title but what the hell do I know...  

News Comments > BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down
7. Re: BF3 Tactical Light to be Toned Down Nov 14, 2011, 22:04 Wallshadows

Flashlights are the new walkie talkies.  

2149 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo