Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2176 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > WildStar Update Plans
1. Re: WildStar Update Plans Dec 17, 2014, 13:59 Wallshadows

They sold WildStar as a 'hardcore' MMO and players gobbled it up talking about how the MMO community needs to stop being so casual-friendly. That worked for about a month until those who felt they were hardcore players realized they aren't and left after a couple of months and the more casual players likely never made it out of the first 30 days.

WildStar could have handled the overall content better even if it were designed for hardcore players. The 12 step program to get in to raids, for example, was by no means difficult to achieve unless you count being gated behind drop rates, monotonous grinding, and asinine design decisions as being hard. For example, the Pyromancer part of the attunement is easy on its own but being an open world quest boss who gets harder with the more people around him was a nightmare seeing as how it funneled the server in to that single point and you had to be either be lucky or swoop in like a vulture to get credit.

Either way, I believe the ship has sailed on WildStar. It was a great grind but after that and since I stopped playing (about two months in), I have heard nothing but bad news about Carbine's situation. Realm closures, staff being let go, and content drops not meeting their monthly expectations doesn't bode well. Maybe they'll hold on to a niche market equal to that of The Old Republic but from what I have heard, even that isn't likely. They could scrap or delay the next content drop or drop behind that to bring in some kind of ToR F2P/sub design to bait more potential subscribers on top of being more casual-friendly but I have a feeling that if it were that dire, NC Soft would just pull the plug as they have done with several other 'okay' MMOS in the past.

This comment was edited on Dec 17, 2014, 14:09.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Path of Exile PvP Update
1. Re: Path of Exile PvP Update Dec 13, 2014, 10:58 Wallshadows

That's quite impressive although I never tried PvP in PoE.  

News Comments > Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed
8. Re: Dying Light Steep Specs Revealed Dec 4, 2014, 19:33 Wallshadows

I mean, they might be doing a lot of people a favor by not allowing them to play the game if it sucks...and even if it's good, well, too bad for what is likely a large portion of the PC community and their overall sales!

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Release Dates; Trailer
3. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Release Dates; Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 11:59 Wallshadows

FFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffff.....gosh. I almost bought Wolfenstein when it was $16 on their VIP sales for being a member but didn't and sort of regret that.

I just need to be less pants on head retarded and look for these sales more often.

News Comments > Resident Evil Revelations 2 Release Dates; Trailer
1. Re: Resident Evil Revelations 2 Release Dates; Trailer Dec 2, 2014, 11:22 Wallshadows

Does this mean we can expect a drop in price on the first one? Honestly, it's still retailing for 50$ so even 50% off sales on Steam makes it more than I'd still pay for it.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 28, 2014, 23:48 Wallshadows

Pretty stupid article which I really didn't even bother to read. Blizzard made good on their launch issues by giving five free days to an issue which is now long since over and everyone has moved on from.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
8. Re: Warlords of Draenor DDoSed Nov 14, 2014, 12:04 Wallshadows

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 11:38:
EVERYONE had the Garrison bugged, didn't matter what territory or server. The only way to 'fix' it was to log out, and good luck logging back in.

But what you're whining about is that blizzard mishandled the launch of the expansion, even when they've had 3 other expansion's launch without a problem. I guess you didn't read about the DDoS attack or anything right?

Yeah, everyone had the problem, but the fact is is that they allowed it to happen for fourteen hours after release which leaked in to lasting two hours on the NA servers before an actual fix was put in place. I don't know where you heard by logging in and out that it worked, otherwise it wouldn't have caused players to entirely bypass the garrison and level through dungeons or having most of your server occupants standing on or near the looking glass. If it worked for you, I am very jealous because nothing I could do worked and I just went back to bed.

I am likely exaggerating the connection issues though. I expected going in to the game with latency issues and was not surprised to see my latency shoot up beyond 200ms. It would come down as I adventured and then I would hit several disconnection walls along the way which reset my character to a previous zone and then it eventually died at about 11 and its been down for me ever since (I assume it was acting this way overnight).

If it were a DDoS though, wouldn't the issue persist from the start, remain throughout, and cause maintenance to come sooner? Tanaan Jungle went smooth as expected, likely thanks to their beta stress tests but it sort of went downhill upon stepping foot in Frostfire.

I'm not going as far as some are though in expecting to be compensated. It just sucked the wind out of my sails when I got in to the grinding rhythm with my pals and guild which will hopefully be resolved today.

Sorry for being butthurt.

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
5. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 10:26 Wallshadows

When your fans can afford a two thousand dollar setup which doesn't include the actual computer the game is being run on, I don't think they'll much complain if they have to upgrade...assuming they don't already have systems capable of running it fine...  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor DDoSed
2. Re: Warlords of Draenor DDoSed Nov 14, 2014, 10:16 Wallshadows

Yeah, okay, how about things in the game which were blatantly broken then? The EU had to deal with the first quest to your garrison being bugged, which also acts as the central point to advancing your story, and was completely busted for not one, two, or three hours but nearly 14 hours while NA had to wait about two hours. It's like Blizzard turned the expansion on and then went to bed.

I don't think any other expansion release was mishandled in such a way for as long as it did and it baffles me that it still happens to Blizzard products.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 12, 2014, 09:55 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 09:18:
Speaking of UBI.

Think they're back on the shitlist for the foreseeable future.

When were they ever off it?

News Comments > etc.
19. Re: etc. Nov 11, 2014, 13:34 Wallshadows

Is it okay to just not give a shit about this whole thing and live as though my head is buried in the sand whenever it's talked about?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 13:06 Wallshadows

The days leading up to and including Remembrance Day is the only time of year when History channel is left on and watched.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 10, 2014, 14:12 Wallshadows

Next time bring better material or just cancel it as they've done in the past.

Overwatch saved it.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 8, 2014, 20:51 Wallshadows

Really shitty BlizzCon in general. Most of the information they had for Warcraft was known, the movie panel cock-teased virtual-ticket buyers in to repeatedly telling those in attendance to go upstairs and watch some movie footage and removed that panel for replay, the Diablo stuff is essentially more gems and map tiles, whereas Star Craft was just a giant bore-fest.

If they didn't have Overwatch, there was literally no reason to have a BlizzCon this year. GamesCon basically stole the Warcraft show months ago with the cinematic and lords of war announcement.

Glad I found a free stream otherwise I'd be pissed that I just wasted $40.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta in January
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta in January Nov 7, 2014, 20:05 Wallshadows

Apparently I got in to the alpha today and after watching some of the panels at BlizzCon, might actually give it a shot. I love what they're going to do with players who leave as that's always been the bane of MOBA titles aside from a shit community.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Zombies Confirmed
1. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Zombies Confirmed Nov 3, 2014, 09:29 Wallshadows

$50 for a season pass. I guess that makes sense when you rerelease old maps and charge $15 for them.  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2014, 14:00 Wallshadows

I don't really understand the whole gamergate bullshit and I feel pretty happy about being ignorant toward this...thing.  

News Comments > Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders
9. Re: Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders Oct 31, 2014, 12:17 Wallshadows

If only they enforced this in Arena games in WoW. Not that I give two shits about PvP in Warcraft but that seems to be how the best remain the best and get multiple ranked titles.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
1. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Oct 30, 2014, 18:37 Wallshadows

You know what this game didn't need? Kadala and buffs on top of buffs on top of buffs to legendary items.

It took me about two weeks of modest grinding to deck out my Crusader, Witch Doctor, Monk, and Demon Hunter with their respective OP sets (Sunwuko 4pc, M6 etc...) and that pretty much drained my interest in progressing further and this is from ladder play where you start from scratch. Longevity in this game is now a joke when they decided to cater towards 'give me a lot of everything, now!' players.

The only time I ever thought I was anywhere near completing my character in, say, Path of Exile was when I Chanced a Bringer of Rain on my Dual Claw Shadow in his late 70s a few seasons back.

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
1. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 30, 2014, 18:22 Wallshadows

The Zero Punctuation review totally stripped all interest I had in this game. Still though, good on them for providing what is now an uncommon practice.  

2176 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo