Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2071 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining
26. Re: Diablo III Season One Begins; So Does Complaining Aug 31, 2014, 07:47 Wallshadows

I just want their achievements to start working again.

Also, I am someone who used the T6 Solo farming techniques in Act 1 and Act 2 and I went from 45 to 70 in about two hours. I amassed about 11 million gold from doing this and, upon doing it at 70, got my Monk a nice legendary 2H Staff to kickstart my mediocre build until I get more CDR and Sunwukos...or just reroll a Witch Doctor and do the same damage from pets once I farm up some -30 level reduction gear.

All in all, it's fun, but when I realized they restricted even low level gems from being traded during that 1 - 45 grind with three other friends and realized just then that I was, after all, playing Diablo 3.

Fucking no trades bullshit. I hope, hope, hope they have something to say about this at Blizzcon. I'd even wait for it to hit the next expansion if I must, which is likely what it would take to revise this absurd rule.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes)
5. Re: Sims 4 Specs (and Pancakes) Aug 27, 2014, 23:02 Wallshadows

It's a clear case that if they were to have all of those features added back in, it would require far too much computational power.  

News Comments > Escape Dead Island in November
3. Re: Escape Dead Island in November Aug 27, 2014, 14:21 Wallshadows

They'd pretty much have to do this since they firebombed any potential story link with Riptide and the sequel...or are we just going to pretend Riptide never happened and another island isn't infected?  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
2. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 19:48 Wallshadows

I'm only going to log in on Friday when the ladders are afoot. It's nice that the gold find boost will be in effect for the start of it though since gold will become important.  

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Today - First Season Begins Friday
16. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 15:49 Wallshadows

ItBurn wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:46:
You can trade items on PC. There's no specific interface that I know of for that though. You just drop the item. I never actually searched for one, I just drop it...

Isn't that only for those who were in the game when it dropped and on a two hour timer?

Okay, it has an economy between you and the three other players for two hours.

14. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 15:44 Wallshadows

Krovven wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 15:33:
Wallshadows wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:49:
One of the reasons I like ladder is due to the economy reset which isn't possible in the PC version but is with consoles.

What? Economy is reset in the PC versions of the Seasons too.

There's zero economy in the game other than what you own since the PC version has everything bound to the account. I don't think you can even give someone gold anymore.

Ladders on the PC are not very well suited because of this.

8. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 14:49 Wallshadows

Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 13:34:
I am waffling on whether to continue here or just move to consoles though.

Honestly, if I had a console, I would play it on one of those since it feels like a more complete Diablo experience which isn't bogged down by some of the on-going headscratchers still present in the PC version. One of the reasons I like ladder is due to the economy reset which isn't possible in the PC version but is with consoles.

I was disappoint when I saw it has a Friday release for ladder but I'll just bury my face in to PoE and keep tabs on Diablofans forums for what builds are pulling ahead or lagging behind, specifically for Monk and Crusader.

4. Re: Diablo III 2.10 Today Aug 26, 2014, 13:23 Wallshadows

Ladder play is the only reason I play Path of Exile and when a new ladder starts, I generally dump most of my gameplay time in to it so for Diablo to finally pick up ladders, one can only hope that will apply to Diablo.

Unfortunately, PoE has a new ladder that started less than a week ago so it's putting me in a position where I will likely abandon either PoE or D3 in order to maximize my time so we'll see how much D3 can get ahold of me.

FYI, the 'applying' phase is it going over the entire Diablo installation for...reasons...

News Comments > EVE Online Hyperion Video
2. Re: EVE Online Hyperion Video Aug 20, 2014, 20:49 Wallshadows

Was like 'damn, what would Eve be doing with Borderlands' and then I rubbed two brain cells together.

What if Hyperion is a player created corporation and the moon base is a player operated station? Eh? Ehhhhh?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 13:19 Wallshadows

I use these small LED lights on posts which alternate between red, blue, and green throughout the night and that keeps animals out of my garden. I don't understand how, but not even a bite has been taken out of all the veggies since.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
3. Re: Morning Interviews Aug 20, 2014, 12:14 Wallshadows

Warlords will likely be a year and a half before the next expansion is out the door if you are to believe they are good on their word that they are working hard on the next expansion.

I'll believe it when I see it as they've always made claims about getting content out quicker ever since the end of ICC. If it turns out to be a two tier expansion that last two years or more and we don't get Faralohn, I will be not surprised.

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
42. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 19:04 Wallshadows

Did they ever have 'really high quality games' in the first place though? really high quality tech demos, sure, but games? Debatable.  

News Comments > John Carmack's Son's Game
8. Re: John Carmack's Son's Game Aug 18, 2014, 21:27 Wallshadows

As a headphone user OH GOD MY EARS!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2014, 12:31 Wallshadows

What's the deal with all this ice bucket water drops I've been seeing...like...everywhere?  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
8. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 15, 2014, 18:33 Wallshadows

Dirty Butler wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 16:34:
You mean the raid boss they announced at Blizzcon last year? It's been known for a long time now.

Ugh, I must have missed this somehow while streaming it last year.

Either way, having two expansions where the end boss is a Hellscream is just really boring, especially when we'll be going 14 months in to Siege with Garrosh. To add insult to this is the fact that Grom will likely become corrupt/empowered/enslaved by the Burning Legion anyway since they too will have a heavy presence in his raid as opposed to creating an 'enemy of my enemy' situation since the Legion is likely pissed that Grom rejected their offer and buried Gorehowl in to one of their more powerful Pit Lords' face.

The only difference between finding out about Grom now and then is that I would have been more open to it then whereas to hear it now just really saps any hype I've had towards who would be the end boss to the expansion.

Unless Grom turns out to be Mal'Ganis or something, I'm just going to turn my brain off during that tier of content.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details
6. Re: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition Details Aug 15, 2014, 13:02 Wallshadows

To be fair, the mount really does look amazing. It's like Anzu HD and on some 'roids.

On the other hand, if you've been following MMO-C since the video went live, there are some startling, facepalmingly poor decisions afoot in regards to raid bosses and...well...I won't spoil it, but it's just so bad.

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
13. Re: I'm so confused... Aug 15, 2014, 00:24 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 23:54:

He has a bronze dragon. Kairoz is helping him I believe.

Yeah, Kairoz is the one responsible for manipulating the Vision of Time but it shattered after they went in and since the Dragonflights sacrificed their power at the end of Cataclysm, he's basically useless beyond that point.

Also...

Spoiler >>Kairoz shows up dead in Nagrand<< Spoiler

This comment was edited on Aug 15, 2014, 00:30.

9. Re: I'm so confused... Aug 14, 2014, 23:34 Wallshadows

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 22:59:
So in this "alternate timeline", they rejected the demonic influence...yet are doing the same damn thing?

Yes and no. Garrosh tipped Grom off about what would happen if the Warlords drank Mannoroth's blood so now they aren't slaves to the Burning Legion and have a new, clean slate. However, Garrosh has influenced the Clans to unite as an Iron Horde with his futuristic technology while under their own control and have pushed them to build the Dark Portal powered by Gul'dan, Teron Gorefiend, and Cho'gall to conquer/exact revenge on our Azeroth because he's just like that.

How does this work without a Bronze dragon, you might ask? Magic.

While the expansion is in an alternate universe, I suspect that 'fate' still has it out for those who are suppose to die but merely at different moments in the expansion.

4. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 14, 2014, 21:17 Wallshadows

Talisorn wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 20:56:
Regardless of what you think of WoW, Blizzards cinematic division never disappoints.

Edit:oops

I really like how they made Garrosh look. He actually looks like a badass and not an Orc who needs to wear a helmet and water wings at all times.

Grom, not so much. He looks kind of like a piggy.

2. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 14, 2014, 20:56 Wallshadows

Ravor wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 19:22:
About. Fucking. Time.

Ding ding ding! Who knew that 14 months would be a bad thing between content updates, right? Although I was surprised to see it that early.

Hopefully we'll start to see some number tuning in the beta to give me a better idea on what to play between Retribution and Enhancement and how frantic I'll need to be to get some extra BoA items off Garrosh.

2071 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo