Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2093 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
14. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 11:54 Wallshadows

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 14, 2014, 11:11:
You seriously believe that Minecraft is going to be staying on the PC? Really?

BWWAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

That was a good one, dude.

wh.....what? It's already on consoles, dude, for quite some time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Trion Worlds DDoSed
1. Re: Trion Worlds DDoSed Sep 14, 2014, 10:58 Wallshadows

Wonder if it's from the same folks who did this to Blizzard when 2.1 went live.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 14, 2014, 10:56 Wallshadows

Do you think it would be impossible to graph Skyrim on a bell curve since it's always rocketing to the top whenever it damn well pleases?

Skyrim curve.

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
3. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 10:49 Wallshadows

I wonder if this will somehow affect the modding community and if mods will have to be signed off by Microsoft and moved to the Microsoft store?

Probably not. That probably doesn't even make sense.

Kudos on getting another 500 million out of it though from the last report. If I made something and someone offered me billions of dollars for it, you're god damn right I would sell out...

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
1. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 13, 2014, 12:25 Wallshadows

I thought Radioshack already died and then reformed as The Source or is it just a coincidence that my local RS turned in to TS almost over night?  

News Comments > Dying Light Early
9. Re: Dying Light Early Sep 11, 2014, 21:22 Wallshadows

So it's getting an early release after it was delayed? Who wants to be that they're going to the 'fuck it, we'll do it live' strategy and for a month after release it'll get nothing but bug stomping and optimization patches?

Remember, it is Techland.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 11, 2014, 21:12 Wallshadows

Must have been some big fucking complication if the man went in for a leg injury and ended up kicking the bucket. Holy shit!  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Trailer
6. Re: Alien Isolation Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 21:10 Wallshadows

Outlast was probably the sleeper purchase of the steam summer sale for me. Was very impressed with it, especially when I got it for like $5. The twins trying to lay claim to my body parts was eerily hilarious too.

Side note: It sort of grinds my gears how often this title is forced to carry the burden of distrust and negativity thanks to the shit storm which was A:CM though. If this game tanks, which I believe it won't, I hope it's due to legitimate issues rather than transferring all the hate from A:CM to this because they both have Alien in the title. It seems to have died down a bunch though, likely due to the developers being open about their development process and apparent success among early, hands-on gameplay trials.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
3. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 09:49 Wallshadows

After seeing some of the battlestation setups by fans, I now understand how this game has an almost limitless pool of funds to tap in to.

Some of those setups are just disgustingly awesome.

News Comments > Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced
1. Re: Star Trek: Alien Domain Announced Sep 11, 2014, 09:45 Wallshadows

All it had to say was CBS Interactive and the rest says blah blah blah blah blah.  

News Comments > Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week
4. Re: Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week Sep 10, 2014, 21:31 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 21:28:
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
4. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 10, 2014, 20:56 Wallshadows

The Alien and musical score use adaptive AI rather than using scripts to trigger events.

To that end the team put together an orchestra of their own featuring some of the musicians who worked on Jerry Goldsmith's original Alien score. They were also granted access to the original sound recordings from the movie.

The sound in the game also mirrors the adaptive nature of the xenomorph AI and changes based on context.

"If the player is hiding from the alien the sound engine will know that and it will adapt -- it will make it more tense," said Byron Bullock, audio designer on the game. "The idea is to drive an emotional reaction from the player."

On top of that, an IGN fella who played the game described it as "positively labyrinthine" so it's not a single path to get from point A to point B but rather multiple routes. Couple this with the adaptive Alien AI and it sounds like a really great experience!

I'd preorder it but I'm actually broke because the vet doesn't accept my happiness of a healthy pet as a form of payment. The Nostromo chapter would be an absolutely treat but I suspect it'll hit Steam DLC a month after the game comes out.

News Comments > Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week
1. Re: Line of Defense Presales; Early Access Next Week Sep 10, 2014, 20:32 Wallshadows

Why on earth would I want to pay for this when I can fire up Planetside 2 which looks a thousand times better.  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
1. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 10, 2014, 20:25 Wallshadows

The game can't be that scary if an extra pair of underwear isn't in the recommended specifications.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 10:18 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:10:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 09:55:
Stephen Hawking is a media-hyped Physicist and likely not even on a list for the top 20 Physicists of the 20th century.

Wow.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve the attention he gets but I am confident in saying that there are likely far more Physicists out there who have gone unnoticed by the media that contributed far more towards their fields of research.

Michio Kaku is another example of a media-hyped Physicist but that doesn't mean he's bad. I love me some Michio Kaku.

20 might be a stretch though.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2014, 09:55 Wallshadows

Stephen Hawking is a media-hyped Physicist and likely not even on a list for the top 20 Physicists of the 20th century.  

News Comments > Another Diablo III Season Exploit
7. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 9, 2014, 09:22 Wallshadows

JeffD wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 02:20:
They didnt do anything to anyone last week, they aren't going to start this week. Season 1 should be wiped out.

The difference between getting from 1 to 70 and getting hundreds of paragon points which can be used to increase the quality of your character to have an actual affect on the leaderboard (which is a major selling point seasons) is what makes it different. Hitting 70 is a drop in the bucket compared to Paragon grinding as far as time is concerned.

200 Paragon points means you can max out one full stat in each tree and that seems to be achieved in a day for some of the streamers who also happen to occupy the top-tier of the boards as well as any of those who are in the loop and have the time to cash in on the exploit.

News Comments > Another Diablo III Season Exploit
1. Re: Another Diablo III Season Exploit Sep 8, 2014, 23:48 Wallshadows

I hope they simply don't hotfix it but actually rollback or outright suspend the accounts of those who go so far as to stream themselves taking advantage of the exploit for a week or something. As one of the users put it on the Dfans forums, I don't see the issue with hitting level 70 in a couple hours but when you can get hundreds of Paragon levels which can have an actual affect on your performance in a fraction of the time it would normally take, that's a problem

Season 1 is essentially an extension of the beta test so I'm not exactly shocked something like this would show itself but I hope they take action nonetheless.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Sep 6, 2014, 00:31 Wallshadows

Sounds like too much to go in to a single movie without having to dump corners and trivialize the Colossals.

Not to mention being built around a love interest. I swear, why do movies with such potential have to be mired in a love story. Is that something the game had as well or is this just another shoehorned subplot that's going to take too much time to explore?

News Comments > Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf
8. Re: Diablo III Mid-Season Nerf Sep 4, 2014, 13:31 Wallshadows

It's silly that they would apply it now though, especially on non-ladder, seeing as how you can get powerleveled to 70 in less than half the time it took to grind out these bounties on the chance they were available. All it takes is a friend and waiting a day for said friend to hit 70. A single Rift created by a level 1 player in T6 and having a 70 clear it in ~6 minutes will net you about 24 levels and this pace is fairly consistent until late 60s where you need to turn it down simply due to mob health and efficiency.

Bounty farming won't help players next season but this method was likely used by only a small portion of those who are on the ladder. I would bet that most who hit 70 were powerleveled through T6 rifts after the first day and that won't change from season to season unless they do something drastic to prevent this from being done.

2093 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo