Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2389 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1094. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Mar 5, 2015, 11:05 Wallshadows

I'm contributing!

Is it only available to purchase from the official Elite Dangerous site? Because I can't find it anywhere else and it's priced in Euros which makes me wonder about any region-related license.

Also, is anyone out there playing with a Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X combo? It's cheap and if ED is something I like (stop! ) , it's probably more than enough to suite my needs since I likely wouldn't want to play this game on keyboard and mouse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 11:00 Wallshadows

Blue wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:46:
Actually I was simply referring to the news forum post anyway. Sorry for any confusion, I added the word "news" to be clearer.

It's not you, it's me!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 10:19 Wallshadows

Huh, this is probably the first time I ever hit the Forum and Topic buttons but I am pretty sure I went on the forums once...or twice in all my time here.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 10:09 Wallshadows

This site has a forum? Book

Out of fear of being overwhelmed, I just need one question to be answered: Is it totally open world filled with players, multiple instanced servers with player caps, or single player with the option to coop?

This comment was edited on Mar 5, 2015, 10:14.

News Comments > Magicka 2 in May
4. Re: Magicka 2 in May Mar 5, 2015, 00:11 Wallshadows

I never played the first one but the trailer has sold me on this one.

Only until you get hooked.

Then we bring our B- game. Just like in college...&#65279;

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Mar 4, 2015, 21:41 Wallshadows

They might be able to buy the reviews but they can't buy the players to fill their game. It really is more like Brink than Titanfall.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2015, 21:25 Wallshadows

Maybe they'll put together good humble bundles now!

I went there.

News Comments > Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity
17. Re: Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity Mar 4, 2015, 18:54 Wallshadows

Grokk wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 18:46:
Oh look, it's Blizzard and the Balance hammer again!
Surprise fucking surprise.

Are you even aware of what was nerfed and why it was or are you just hurk durking because Blizzard and dem dare nerfs are baaad! This is more about not breaking the game than striking a balance, it just so happens that several classes share the same mechanic.

8. Re: Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity Mar 4, 2015, 14:50 Wallshadows

Darks wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 13:50:
Ill just say this, I have played every class, and have some really good geared toons. I never once saw where I was invulnerable for any long length of time. No Idea where that's coming from. I have had my ass handed to me more times then I can count.

The requirement to achieve permanent invulnerability essentially gimps the player due to massive amounts of CDR stacking. A Monk with 75%+ CDR can do it with Serenity and the Ascension rune but is impractical since it's dreadfully slow in solo play and only affects the Monk's survivability in group play.

This is why Witch Doctos and Crusaders are in much more demand for high-end GR clearing because they provide permanent crowd control for everything but the Guardians and since the density has been improved on (in most cases) trash is more important than ever to quickly clear. A Tiklandian Witch Doctor with a Starmetal Kukri or a Crusader spamming Shield Glare with The Final Witness are infinitely better for a group than a Monk who can only make himself permanently invulnerable and is often why they were both paired with two Demon Hunters.

2. Re: Diablo III CDR Changes to End Perma-Immunity Mar 4, 2015, 12:39 Wallshadows

Meanwhile, on the PTR.

If this was the way things were going, I'm glad they fixed it otherwise it'd be bullshit right to the top of the leader boards. It's still bad enough that there are pylons in Greater Rifts and density or mob combinations can still blow.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
14. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 3, 2015, 20:51 Wallshadows

Anyone care to weigh in why they are pushing OpenGL when DX12 is on the horizon? I honestly don't recall the last game I played which gave me the option to play in OpenGL...  

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
13. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 15:37 Wallshadows

The music in that tech demo is absolutely dreadful. Holy shit.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released
7. Re: Alien: Isolation The Trigger Released Mar 3, 2015, 15:27 Wallshadows

It's a shame that the only experience which ultimately mattered was the part they forgot about and instead added these underwhelming DLC maps. I can appreciate the idea of survival and scavenging on a station which has a Xeno but I'd appreciate it even more if they added alternate angles to the base game to create an interwoven storyline to make a more solid product.

They should have developed the game with multiple perspectives in mind and used the DLC to fill in those gaps much in the same way AvP allowed the Human, Xeno, and Predator campaigns to intersect with each other while providing their own story to follow.

A lone Xeno can be equally as fucked as a lone Human under the right circumstances and the story can be derived in much the same way as the previous AvP titles but without a Queen: you suspend disbelief and listen to the humans talk.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 11:28 Wallshadows

Thank you! Thank you all!

Unfortunately, the nearest IHOP is about three hours away.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3
2. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Mar 3, 2015, 10:37 Wallshadows

I can't wait till the inevitable Five Nights at Freddy's In Space is released.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 10:35 Wallshadows

It's my Birthday today, where is my headline and mountain of gifts?

It's like none of you really know me.

News Comments > Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold
23. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 19:25 Wallshadows

The Undermine Journal is a great resource as well, especially on the more rare items which aren't always listed on your AH to really compare prices to. I was never really in to cornering a market though and instead capitalized on the almost never ending demand of Battle Pets. I had three Crawling Claw things from Archaeology (yeah, I did the Arch grind three times!) thinking they were shit but in the end provided me with a burst income of nearly 50k gold. People are weird.

A great long term goal for making gold with little to no effort is getting Shadowmourne and selling all those god damn trinkets and the mount for an easy 100 - 150k.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 20:13.

21. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 19:15 Wallshadows

Alamar wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 17:14:
Make a new character, and throw gold to it, then buy a token from the AH... 3 months later, with an expired acct, log into that character (which you can do because it's 20 or under), and use the token... I don't know that this scenario works, but it'd be handy ; )

With the new Veteran account thingy that's probably the best way for it to work although you'd have to plan ahead since I am sure there are gold/trade caps on those characters.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced
21. Re: Battlefield Hardline Premium Announced Mar 2, 2015, 16:33 Wallshadows

I am sad to see that it took until BF 4 for some to finally see things for what they are and to no longer give a shit.

Better late than never though!

9. Re: Pay for WoW Game Time with Game Gold Mar 2, 2015, 16:27 Wallshadows

The problem with this being sold over the auction house rather than as a Blizzard service is that those like me who wish to pop in from time to time will still have to pay money in order to log in to buy a token with gold. It's not like 15$ will break me, it just seems self-defeating if you need to spend money to spend gold when you may not be interested in playing once your month is up and you either a) waste a token or b) your subscription lapses and you cannot log in to use your token at a later date. Maybe that's touched on in the FAQ though and I'll go over it later...

I doubt the prices will be unbearable though once they settle down and it'll be interesting to see how the market reacts to a token which can now put a figure on how much gold a month of time can cost in relation to the products being sold.

2389 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo