Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2160 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2014, 14:00 Wallshadows

I don't really understand the whole gamergate bullshit and I feel pretty happy about being ignorant toward this...thing.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders
9. Re: Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders Oct 31, 2014, 12:17 Wallshadows

If only they enforced this in Arena games in WoW. Not that I give two shits about PvP in Warcraft but that seems to be how the best remain the best and get multiple ranked titles.  

News Comments > Diablo III Bonus Weekend
1. Re: Diablo III Bonus Weekend Oct 30, 2014, 18:37 Wallshadows

You know what this game didn't need? Kadala and buffs on top of buffs on top of buffs to legendary items.

It took me about two weeks of modest grinding to deck out my Crusader, Witch Doctor, Monk, and Demon Hunter with their respective OP sets (Sunwuko 4pc, M6 etc...) and that pretty much drained my interest in progressing further and this is from ladder play where you start from scratch. Longevity in this game is now a joke when they decided to cater towards 'give me a lot of everything, now!' players.

The only time I ever thought I was anywhere near completing my character in, say, Path of Exile was when I Chanced a Bringer of Rain on my Dual Claw Shadow in his late 70s a few seasons back.

News Comments > The Evil Within Demo
1. Re: The Evil Within Demo Oct 30, 2014, 18:22 Wallshadows

The Zero Punctuation review totally stripped all interest I had in this game. Still though, good on them for providing what is now an uncommon practice.  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Halloween Update
1. Re: Total War: ROME II Halloween Update Oct 30, 2014, 14:40 Wallshadows

Would have been a nice video to showcase this mode if they didn't ham it up with all that cheesy, stupid bullshit.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 19:09 Wallshadows

Walmart used to sell a fuckton of used games. Shit, even Walmart-light Zellers had wracks full of them in the PS1/N64 era.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront in Holidays 2015 Oct 28, 2014, 19:07 Wallshadows

On the one hand, Dice can probably do something fun with a Star Wars title on their Frostbite engine. On the other hand, it all comes back to EA.

Sigh.

News Comments > Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers
8. Re: Spacebase DF-9 Released; Free Hack n' Slash for Backers Oct 28, 2014, 15:56 Wallshadows

The DF9 links are dead. Whoop whoop.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released
12. Re: Alien: Isolation - Corporate Lockdown Released Oct 28, 2014, 15:45 Wallshadows

It'd be nice if they somehow found a way to integrate the campaigns sort of like the system used in Resident Evil 2 but I understand that doing so would be somewhat scummy since it would create a pay wall in order to experience the base game story so I'm not really mad that they would be separate.

Either way, I'll hold off on the DLC simply because...well, I got sucked back in to Warcraft and getting ready for Warlords by making gold, getting BoAs, and capping off some 90 grinds since I am still unsure of what to main.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 27, 2014, 21:53 Wallshadows

His face bothers me by all the weird looks he can make. It got downright hilarious with some of the faces he made in Star Trek.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 25, 2014, 11:18 Wallshadows

Lol at the Daily Fail headline. I don't even want to read the article.

Ugh.

News Comments > World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned
2. Re: World of Warcraft AU Servers Planned Oct 24, 2014, 11:41 Wallshadows

Even with a datacenter in Australia, wouldn't there still be latency issues when using anything cross-realm with US servers since they're not being region locked much in the same way the EU and US server?

Is the information only going as far as the Aussie server? Wouldn't there still need to be some data between the Aussie and US server? Should I buy a book about networking?

News Comments > Outlast 2 Plans Revealed
1. Re: Outlast 2 Plans Revealed Oct 24, 2014, 09:56 Wallshadows

Great game, well worth the price of admission.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Specs; Trailer Oct 23, 2014, 21:35 Wallshadows

Nothing but bullshit coming from Ubisoft lately...well, more than usual anyway. Then again, they've been on my shitlist for a while now so I wouldn't even buy it if it ran on a wrist watch.  

News Comments > NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+
5. Re: NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+ Oct 23, 2014, 20:31 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 18:50:
They let go of some key very public-facing guys, like their Lead Client Developer, a couple Senior Art Director type guys, and I think one of their main Dungeon/Raid design guys.

I wonder if they're still as active as they once were on the WildStar subreddit page? That was one of the better parts of Carbine on top of their transparency.

Edit: Eek, their subreddit page is in hard shape too.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2014, 20:40.

News Comments > NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+
1. Re: NCSOFT Layoffs; Carbine Reportedly Loses 60+ Oct 23, 2014, 18:34 Wallshadows

Given how Carbine is really starting to compact the Wildstar community, that's not surprising to see some jobs go. 60 though, especially for a 'small' dev team is probably a fair chunk of their staff.

Interesting.

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
12. Re: ArcheAge Oct 22, 2014, 23:11 Wallshadows

NKD wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 21:23:
Yeah, WoW has botters. But the level of trust ArcheAge places in the client software is insane.

You mean to tell me ArcheAge is about as legit as open Battle.net was in Diablo 2?

Alright, I concede my comparison.

News Comments > ArcheAge "Illicit Gains" Revoked
6. Re: ArcheAge Oct 22, 2014, 21:05 Wallshadows

Lets be honest though, the amount of players who were just gifted or handed gold from strangers to those who outright bought it is likely extremely low and it's not like those who just happened to be at the right place at the right time aren't really losing anything.

I like the idea that they can track gold and nip distribution in the bud because you'd have to be incredibly naive to believe that they would be able to neutralize every exploit in the game. Warcraft still has rampant duping and botting methods and it's almost ten years old. They patch in restrictions as quick as the ownedcore community discovers new methods and that's just the way it works.

The only way they can outright destroy the need for gold sellers to exist is to, and I want to throw up in my mouth for saying this, offer an in game service which offers competitive methods of gaining wealth.

Otherwise, it'll continue to be a game of cat and mouse.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 22, 2014, 12:03 Wallshadows

Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2014, 10:37:
Kuestions for you webheads out there. I registered my first domain with Fatcow last year but I'd like to change to someone else as I find they're really scummy and nickle and dime everything.

Have you looked in to Register.com? I don't know if they are strictly Canadian but they have a large office/tech support center in my town and are generally on the ball with competitive prices.

Why is the quote tag breaking itself? Thanks for the tip!

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2014, 12:32.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 21, 2014, 10:09 Wallshadows

Generally speaking, if I am in the market for buying computer parts, I'll check out directcanada.ca for flat, solid shipping costs with very competitive prices, often cheaper than other e-tailers such as Newegg and NCIX. Speaking of NCIX, I used to praise them like a Bible thumper did the bible until they decided I no longer live on a heavily trafficked area and have to pay almost twice as much for ground shipping.

When I'm not home, they'll leave a door-hanger saying it'll be available at the local post office after 4. Anything that goes through Canada Post though is a hassle. It's slow, they don't leave the door-hanger on the door 80% of the time, and they're slow. Whenever I see it's being shipped through them, I have to cover my face and cry a little.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2014, 10:14.

2160 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo