Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ryan

Real Name Ryan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Wallshadows
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 29, 2008, 20:53
Total Comments 2469 (Senior)
User ID 50040

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs
2. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Pricing & Specs Mar 28, 2015, 10:42 Wallshadows

Dark Souls doesn't seem like a game where you can simply stop and enjoy the slightly-higher quality textures on rocks. Pretty shady if any game-related performance patching is tied in to the purchase too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $76M
6. Re: Star Citizen Hits $76M Mar 25, 2015, 10:26 Wallshadows

InBlack wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 10:18:
Not even doge has this many wows.

Wow. Can't even Doge ascii image. Much sadness.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints
17. Re: Battlefield Hardline DRM Complaints Mar 25, 2015, 10:21 Wallshadows

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 09:30:
They gave EA money and then cried about what happened. <shock>

This is usually what rubs me the wrong way with a bunch of Youtube reviewers. "What can we do to stop this bullshit rabble rabble rabble" well for starters you could not buy their game...

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2015, 12:05 Wallshadows

InBlack wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 10:54:
You mean the ones that the US government (through the CIA) sold to the Mujahedeen & the Taliban in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets? Yep everyone needs to know about those.

Having some Stingers would go great with those tanks they've been selling to rural police stations.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Near
3. Re: WoW Tokens Near Mar 24, 2015, 12:01 Wallshadows

Your account up to level 20 would be considered a Starter account which has restrictions such as a gold cap of 10 and being unable to trade or use the mail box so you're essentially locked out of everything.

I'd get back in to it if I could get a Token for gold but I wouldn't spend $15 ($20 CDN) in order to take advantage of it. Kind of defeats the purpose and I may as well wait until they throw out a free week of playtime like they usually do towards the end of an expansion or if you've been gone for x amount of time.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 24, 2015, 10:35 Wallshadows

At first I thought it was about those portable Missile launchers but I got it confused. It would have been a pretty interesting story if it were about those, though!  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 24, 2015, 10:20 Wallshadows

I'm not saying he's poor though...or at least that wasn't my intention. He could have a great job that pays well but to take a three month vacation to make what is essentially minimum wage likely doesn't matter because he's probably having more fun if he's willing to play it for ~15 hours a day for months on end. Sweatdrop  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 24, 2015, 10:13 Wallshadows

There are times when I regret buying the FX-6300 since it only has three physical cores. I wouldn't buy the game or anything from EA and it's nice to know where that processor stands 'as is' but it would be even nicer if they included it in further testing than a mention on their general CPU chart to see just how well it does compared to the 8xxx series with the extra physical core for new titles.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Preorders Get Closed Beta Access
2. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Preorders Get Closed Beta Access Mar 24, 2015, 09:40 Wallshadows

In fine print somewhere it probably says they're not obligated to fix anything in these tests.  

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 24, 2015, 09:35 Wallshadows

"Hey, want to make minimum wage and work 15 hours a day with no days off for months?"
"Heck no you dirty sanchez!"

"Hey, want to make 10000?"
"Heck yeah! Just let me take months off work!"

I guess something can be said about finding something you enjoy is worth more than something that pays well.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Near
1. Re: WoW Tokens Near Mar 24, 2015, 09:23 Wallshadows

Good thing they are region-wide. I guess we'll soon find out if there is a way to buy the Token for gold on an account with a lapsed subscription through account management...somehow.  

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Mar 23, 2015, 20:35 Wallshadows

One Month league is live sometime tomorrow for POE. Yeah, it's filler but it also rewards you with some pretty awesome transmog gear for completing some fairly decent achievements.

The transmog gear gives the illusion of pants so future me will be thankful for getting them once Act 4 and the real grind is afoot.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
13. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 23, 2015, 09:42 Wallshadows

There's something about Grim Dawn which rubs me the wrong way. There isn't any sense of achievement while player or feeling as though you've accomplished a goal when you level up, find loot, or move on further in to the game. It just feels so devoid of gratification and it doesn't help that the community is so small as compared to other current ARPGs.

I'd recommend it when it has another 50% off sale and then just sort of sit on it while the developers fill in the game and goes live. Hopefully once that happens, it'll feel more engaging and give a nice boost to the community numbers.

News Comments > Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus
2. Re: Diablo III Gold & Experience Bonus Mar 22, 2015, 21:29 Wallshadows

Yeah, you don't even need a Goblin rift to make tons of gold either. Just rush someone in T6 rifts from 1 - 60 (and higher if you can manage) with a Gem of Hoarding and you've made 15 - 20 million gold in about 30 minutes. Even without the gem, it's probably worth doing early in the season.

An obvious gold dump would be gambling like in Diablo 2 but that would overlap with Kadala. They could bring their Asian store over to NA and allow you to convert your gold for store currency or some shit for cosmetic items but why do that when you could just charge real money...

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak
9. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 18:16 Wallshadows

Kind of weird that didn't take the usual route and go with the Unreal engine. Instead, they're going with the same engine that runs Assassin's Creed. Take from that what you will, I guess...  

7. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 16:58 Wallshadows

It's tactical in a sense that you have a bottomless inventory that can hold barbed wire, grenades, blockades, an exorbitant amount of ammunition and who knows what else. There doesn't seem to be any evidence to support the likelihood that they've actually added any tactical depth to the game beyond your typical class variations and a sledgehammer.

More or less the same stupid FPS shit if the video is anything to go by. I can't speak on behalf of the pics though as those were taken down as well.

2. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 13:31 Wallshadows

Much realism. Such tactics.

But hey, at least the map is called Raven Shield!

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
2. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 22, 2015, 13:01 Wallshadows

Just curious but how big the client at this point?  

News Comments > Hardware Reviews
1. Re: Hardware Reviews Mar 22, 2015, 12:55 Wallshadows

I own the 970 and it's a god damn boss for my budget AMD system. Looks as great as it runs and I never knew how much I needed a GUI-based BIOS until now.  

News Comments > New AMD Beta Drivers
4. Re: New AMD Beta Drivers Mar 21, 2015, 11:41 Wallshadows

WaltC wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 11:19:
But, Microsoft is promising what looks to be the biggest advance in D3d in more than a decade with D3d12, and one of the things the new API will support is multiple gpus! First time, ever. All kinds of things are coming to the table for multiple gpus--like for instance, there will be no more need to duplicate videoram--so that when two cards @ 2 gigs each are running, you get *4* gigs of usable videoram, etc. Looks as if the dawn of true multiple gpu power is upon us and finally coming to D3d. If you are considering going multiple gpu there's never been a better time to do it, imo.

I forgot all about the Explicit Asynchronous bucket method. Will it be a mandatory requirement for devs when developing for DX12 or more like a suggestion though? Because if I can find another 7850 for $100 - $125 then I'd be okay with sitting on them until DX12 unless, by then, 4GB combined is considered a low amount of memory since you would be able to mix and match.

2469 Comments. 124 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo