Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dan Temple

Real Name Dan Temple   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname hatman13
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 28, 2008, 00:55
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 50024

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress
46. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 21:34 hatman13

BobBob wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 20:47:
hatman13 wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 20:26:
BobBob wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 17:27:
Hitler was just one person in charge of Germany. Those guys at the concentration camps and front-lines were just family men working for their next meal.

Wait - did you just compare an ALLEGED harassment suit with the Holocaust and WW2?

Wait, are you saying you were fighting in WW2 or was a prisoner in a concentration camp at that time? REALLY? Okay ... then ...

Do you actually listen to yourself before you say this stuff? Unless you are a 90 year old veteran, or concentration camp victim yourself you do realize you just contradicted your own position - right?

My original point was to help you. You see - most people with a modicum of internet savvy realize that dropping the H-bomb makes you look like a hysterical shrill troll completely devoid of credibility.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2012, 21:39.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 20:33 hatman13

Hey Draginol!

Just had a spare moment to try the tutorial. Very polished and the videos are great. Well done!

As to all of the naysayers out there - I challenge anyone to find a single instance in the games industry of a company making good on a previous mistake like this.

Just one.

35. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: Fallen Enchantress Oct 23, 2012, 20:26 hatman13

BobBob wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 17:27:
Hitler was just one person in charge of Germany. Those guys at the concentration camps and front-lines were just family men working for their next meal.

Wait - did you just compare an ALLEGED harassment suit with the Holocaust and WW2?

Really?

Really, REALLY?

Okay then ...

News Comments > Elemental: Fallen Enchantress This Month
16. Re: Elemental: Fallen Enchantress This Month Oct 10, 2012, 19:56 hatman13

Nicely done Draginol

I have never heard of a company admitting their mistake and then spending two years of budget to make a better game and GIVING it to anyone that might have been burned.

Most other companies would have just shrugged their shoulders and moved to the next game. I am swamped with games too, but I'll find some time to play FE.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars Collector's Edition
1. Why Toronto? May 28, 2008, 13:22 hatman13

Here is a question ... if the Devs are in BC, Canada and Lighthouse is in Europe - why do all these press releases come from Toronto?

Anyway I don't know how well documented the demo is(see the Previous Blues News article on the Demo)- but here is a wiki that I find helpful: http://sots.rorschach.net/

The game is amazingly deep. Weapons have a number of factors that they are defined on such as damage, speed, rate of fire, accuracy, range, richochettes, counters, planetary damage, firing arcs, weapon size etc. There is also subtle coolness effects too such as being able to acquire new tech from enemy salvage, or researching AI and having a chance of a galactic wide Sky-net type revolt (it becomes a new, and very powerful faction). In the expansion you can create pirate fleets and raid shipping lanes for cash and fun (even against allies since the ships are unmarked). The Diplomacy is not as robust as in Gal Civ 2 though - although you CAN coordinate fleets with your allies "Strike Alpha Centauri in 5 turns!", and then double (or even triple, quadruple etc) team your foes.

Obviously the game is not to everyone's taste - but I think the reason it is not as commonly well known is that the publisher is just not that good at getting the game on store shelves (at least in North America). I hope they do better with the Collector's Edition

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: Collector’s Edition Demo
8. Re: No subject May 27, 2008, 21:16 hatman13

You know I have lurked on the Kerberos Forums for a few years now and I have never seen anyone gagged or threads removed simply because they were critical. I have seen LOTS of posts criticizing some aspect of the game and never once saw the posts deleted afterwards. Yeah, sometimes the Devs might defend themselves vigorously (go figure) but I have never seen them abusive, and if you go on there being an obnoxious asshat they are going to call you on it. Don't take my word for it - visit the forums yourself. Usually when someone criticizes some aspect of the game with a modicum of politeness they respond back as to why they didn't do it that way, or they say "Good idea".

Anyway ... forum politics aside, Sword of the Stars is really one of my fave games. The Diplomacy is a little light, but that is my only gripe. Its kind of like "Rome Total War-In Space" except this AI actually fights back. Oh yeah, and unlike Rome Total War you can play the full game with multiplayer.

Here are a couple of You Tube videos that let you see what the battles are like (obviously the resolution sucks on You Tube). If you like what you see you should really try the demo. If you like the game, finding it is tricky (the publisher is very small because Kerberos wanted to retain their IP). You will either need to order it from Amazon or buy and download it from Gamer's Gate. I recommend Gamer's Gate over Direct2Drive since the latter wrap it in some sort of DRM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MSIJ3cGY8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5ASOMbzXXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNDi3jumJ1o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPI-_91haCw&feature=related

Hatman

This comment was edited on May 27, 21:17.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo