Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ... ..

Real Name ... ..   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname swaaye
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2008, 01:54
Total Comments 203 (Novice)
User ID 49717

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > More On StarCraft II Sales
7. Re: More On StarCraft II Sales Aug 18, 2010, 23:20 swaaye

It is just insane how many people flocked out to buy this game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
100. Re: Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD Jun 21, 2010, 19:58 swaaye

What if you only played the first CoD and that's it?  

News Comments > Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2 Sale
29. Re: Jun 20, 2010, 16:32 swaaye

It does. And it sucks that non-USA folks get rammed up the ass.

But I do like it when Steam sells 3 month old games for $15 sometimes. I don't buy new releases anymore because I've caught on. Well, that and "new" releases feel more and more like rehashes these days.

I'm waiting for ME2 to be $9.99 like the other guy here said.

News Comments > DX 3 Designer on DX2
22. Re: DX 3 Designer on DX2 Jun 14, 2010, 18:23 swaaye

DX was pretty awesome back in 2000. If the game came out new today as it is, it would be laughable and I can't imagine that it would sell. It is really a rough game by today's standards, and I don't simply mean the visuals.

What does it take to make something that sticks out like that today? The catch to this is that the audience has changed a lot. There are a lot of aspects that will have to be changed to meet the expectations of modern gamers.

IMO perhaps the worst aspect to DX2 was the tiny maps through almost the entire game. It was super fakey. I'm not one to mind futuristic takes on the world though. His comment on that is strange. I'm gonna guess that this guy isn't a big sci-fi fan.

News Comments > New LucasArts President
10. Re: New LucasArts President Jun 11, 2010, 00:33 swaaye

How many presidents have they gone through since the glory years now?  

News Comments > MS Gaming Shakeup?
11. Re: MS Gaming Shakeup? May 25, 2010, 21:39 swaaye

The PC's strengths are in modding and complex controls for genres that need it.

If PC gaming has no clear advantage then what's the point? And I don't mean how shooters play better with KB/mouse. That's inconsequential to a ton of people.

I think the last PC gaming bastions are MMOs, RTS, TBS and complex simulation. The games tend to not register on console people radar.

This comment was edited on May 25, 2010, 21:50.

News Comments > Top Gun Announced
5. Re: Top Gun Announced May 20, 2010, 22:41 swaaye

I played the Top Gun games for IBM XT and NES. They were a good time for a kid.  

News Comments > Raven Hears the Call of Duty?
21. Re: Raven Hears the Call of Duty? May 13, 2010, 23:58 swaaye

blah nevermind.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2010, 00:07.

News Comments > Pirated Max Payne 2 on Steam?
27. Re: Pirated Max Payne 2 on Steam? May 13, 2010, 17:18 swaaye

Star Wars Jedi Knight 1 on there did the same thing. A nocd crack. Lost the source code apparently.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Patched
22. Re: Star Trek Online Patched May 1, 2010, 22:50 swaaye

Slashman wrote on May 1, 2010, 02:50:
You thought Mass Effect 2 had 'boring' ground combat? ha! ha!
Never touched ME2. Thought the original was somewhat tedious and predictable (too much like KOTOR in some ways). The third person combat in ME1 was quite buggy, but I did think it was better than KOTOR's turn based combat. I'm not going to pay monthly for that though.

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Trailer
7. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Trailer May 1, 2010, 22:47 swaaye

It finally has more than just daytime sunny and daytime cloudy! Progress.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Patched
19. Re: Star Trek Online Patched Apr 30, 2010, 18:02 swaaye

There are many great Trek games from the past that I've played a ton and I just didn't see what STO was bringing to the table. I don't dig the grind thing so I've just avoided the game. The game looks like what has come before in a number of games, but with today's popular grind gameplay blended in.

I do wish this game would have turned into something more like Star Wars Galaxies in its scale. Or maybe more like The Old Republic might be like. More than just stupid endless combat in space or what looks like boring Mass Effect style ground action.

Honestly I don't think I entirely agree with many of these MMOs being called RPGs because they often lack depth outside of the expected repetitive leveling, looting and click combat. It's a new kind of gaming that isn't necessarily attractive to single player RPG players. IMO anyway.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2010, 18:12.

News Comments > ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG
25. Re: ArenaNet: Guild Wars 2 an MMORPG Apr 29, 2010, 01:19 swaaye

I think GW attracted different RPG players than the MoMos do. It just comes down to what you're looking for from your gaming. I never even did the PVP part of the game! There are definitely two sides to the GW series. I think it's its own style of online RPG and there's nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

I'm not really much into the level-grind-loot phenomenon myself but I enjoyed just seeing all of the world and completing the storyline. I put probably 100 hours into it, unlocking a ton of stuff and trying a few builds. I liked to look of the game and the atmosphere too.

This comment was edited on Apr 29, 2010, 01:33.

News Comments > Star Trek Online "Deep Space Nine" Trailer
5. Re: Star Trek Online Apr 24, 2010, 14:35 swaaye

I wouldn't mind chilling in Quark's with fellow Trekkies, but endless running and gunning and space phaser action no thanks really. I also don't really like their re-imagining of everything honesty.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed
52. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed Mar 13, 2010, 23:50 swaaye

I only played a little of DX back in the day, but did play it a lot more last year finally. Yeah that game is overrated. It's certainly decent gaming and great for the day, but some of you guys need to play that game again and refresh your memories.

It is loaded with cheesy and corny dialog and somewhat quirky gameplay due to its RPG/FPS nature. The biggest issue is probably the story/storytelling because it frankly is pretty shallow predictable stuff. I laughed out loud a few times I got forced through a "deep" sociopolitical NPC conversation. That stuff might hit a teenager hard, but that's about it. Oh and the "AI" is mostly lacking the "I" lol.

The atmosphere of the game is great though and the old school Unreal Engine and Straylight Productions soundtrack will stir the soul of anybody who was gaming back then.

The best things these guys could do if they want to make a quality sequel is to keep the maps huge and let the player have a lot of options in how to proceed. That's what DX did fairly well sometimes. I'd also like another futuristic electronic soundtrack if possible plz.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2010, 23:56.

News Comments > Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced
11. Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced Mar 3, 2010, 14:53 swaaye

Very nice. The original game was so unique. Can't wait to see where they go with this.

I loaded up Burnout: Paradise a while back and couldn't help but notice how they claimed it was the first game in such an open world. Yeah right. That game has nothing on TDU.

News Comments > ATI AvP Hotfix
7. Re: ATI AvP Hotfix Feb 26, 2010, 12:57 swaaye

JaguarUSF wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 11:14:
The options are to run AvP in DX 9 or DX 11; there is no DX 10 option, so if you want DX 10 you just run the DX 11 executable and stuff you can't handle get turned off automatically.

The game seems mostly like a DX9 title with DX11 added for the hype wagon. Since DX10 introduced the fallback mechanism and DX11 has it too, we get some sort of DX10 support automatically it seems. But they ignored the fact that DX10.x can do some of those "DX11 effects". Like MSAA, for ex.

The newer STALKER games had devs that cared more it seems. Call of Pripyat can run almost everything on a DX10.1 card. You just lose some shadows and tessellation, but you still get a lot of extras over DX9 including MSAA and alpha test AA.

News Comments > More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers
19. Re: More Supreme Commander 2 Unit Trailers Feb 26, 2010, 12:54 swaaye

Grifter wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 10:45:
If I remember correctly TA had a classical score for music, Not new age music. And the music for that game was amazing for the time

SupCom 1, FA, and TA all had their soundtracks composed by Jeremy Soule. You can hear some of TA in SupCom at times. TA's soundtrack is the best IMO.

News Comments > Metro 2033 Specs
16. Re: Metro 2033 Specs Feb 25, 2010, 23:00 swaaye

Looks more like "Plan for NVIDIA" to me.  

News Comments > Metro 2033 Specs
4. Re: Metro 2033 Specs Feb 25, 2010, 14:47 swaaye

I'm gonna drop a guess here and say that I think NVIDIA is going to put in a lot of proprietary bullshit like with Batman.  

203 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo