Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ... ..

Real Name ... ..   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname swaaye
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2008, 01:54
Total Comments 209 (Novice)
User ID 49717

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Ken Levine: BioShock Rescued the Shooter
33. No subject Aug 4, 2008, 21:22 swaaye

Bioshock was pretty decent for what it was and for what other choices we have in games these days. It is basically a refinement/streamlining/refocusing of the System Shock 2 gameplay. Yeah, there were questionable decisions made, but the game certainly does present a rather original universe with excellent production values. I can see why the various changes were made even if I would've done it a bit differently.

System Shock 2, as great as it is, is certainly not flawless by any measure either. I think I do like it more than Bioshock, mainly because it is "harder" sci-fi but also for its extra RPG aspects that make you feel like you have some extra choices. Really though, the games are definitely not all that dissimilar.

If the success of Bioshock causes a resurgence in interest in this kind of shooter, what is there really to complain about?

This comment was edited on Aug 4, 21:23.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Works to Stop OpenSource WoW Glider
27. No subject Aug 1, 2008, 20:32 swaaye

I find it entertaining that most MMOs are so repetitive that they can be thoroughly automated and yet so many people are entertained for thousands of hours by them.

I know; I'm missing the point. Oh well!
This comment was edited on Aug 1, 20:33.

News Comments > Star Wars MMOG Trademark Speculation
9. Re: No subject Jul 13, 2008, 22:09 swaaye

It's too bad that it won't be much like KOTOR other than being in the same universe. KOTOR was nothing like a MMO on any level. It was all about storyline and even a little bit about influencing it.

Not a fan of MMO"RPG"s.

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 22:09.

News Comments > Carmack on PC Gaming
59. Re: ... Jul 13, 2008, 21:53 swaaye

Exactly. Carmack played an incredibly significant role in PC gaming and hardware development. That's why it's sad to see him now, a shadow of his former glory, moaning and sounding like an old fart. It was also quite pathetic seeing him align himself with Apple for the demonstration of id Tech5. If Carmack continues like this it will undermine the legacy he deserves for his accomplishments.
Quake was developed on a Nextstation. Or was it Doom?
Doom3 was first showcased at an Apple show, I believe.

Who cares? Why does MS deserve exclusivity? Why does it matter?

This comment was edited on Jul 13, 21:55.

News Comments > New GRID Demo
28. Re: demo Jun 15, 2008, 04:09 swaaye

We need a new Carmageddon.

Yes, we do. Sadly every company that tries to make one has apparently been unable to actually complete anything.

I'll probably eventually pick up GRID. The damage modeling looks entertaining.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 04:09.

News Comments > Crysis: No More Patches, Linux Server on Hold
50. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2008, 00:16 swaaye

I'm pretty sure I just read a tech review of an Nvidia top vid card, running on a top end system.. and one of the games they tested was Crysis.. and it still ran like poop.

That was the one reason I didn't get the game.. absurd sys reqs.

Fascinating. So, games that have high requirements because they push the envelope are "absurd"? I guess I've been confused for many years over just how we got some of the graphics that, apparently, lots of today's gamers currently consider non-demanding.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 00:22.

News Comments > Dark Horizon Announced
34. Re: Now please wake up LucasArts!! May 29, 2008, 19:17 swaaye

XWA was ok, but yeah BC was a definite disappointment.

I enjoyed the businessman/smuggling part of XWA, but it went stupid once it turned into a sort of poor X-Wing sequel. They dumped your character completely at the end.
This comment was edited on May 29, 19:19.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. No subject May 20, 2008, 00:01 swaaye

I have it installed, actually. The game still impresses me in ways today. It was definitely ahead of its time.

It may be a bit of a disjointed adventure, but it was definitely unreal. It took you on one hell of a ride, that's for sure. And it didn't end in only a few hours like other big games today.

And let's not forget how much it changed Epic. Jazz Jackrabbit + Pinball games to a super huge franchise, licensable in-demand tech. They jumped to the top of the gaming world with that one. I only wish Epic was as adventurous still. GoW is so very disappointing.....

(Gamespot's Blinded by Reality: The Story of Unreal)
http://www.gamespot.com/features/makeunreal/index.html
This comment was edited on May 20, 00:04.

News Comments > Project Origin Movies
3. Re: Blood May 18, 2008, 21:59 swaaye

Because they will, unfortunately, make more money on the consoles and they know it. It's not about any sort of loyalty.

FEAR semi-sucked anyway. This sequel probably isn't going to be all that thrilling either.

209 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo