Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ... ..

Real Name ... ..   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname swaaye
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 19, 2008, 01:54
Total Comments 202 (Novice)
User ID 49717

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > 2K's BioShock Tease?
9. Re: 2K's BioShock Tease? Jul 24, 2014, 12:35 swaaye

NetHead wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 11:02:
Task wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:27:
Come on just do system shock 3 already. Enough of the linear roller coaster bioshocks.

What do you think System Shock 3 would be like if they did it now...

System Shock 2 was as linear as they come too. Granted, I think the subject matter is more interesting than Bioshock's weirdness however.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained
12. Re: Watch Dogs Patched; PC Graphics Explained Jun 21, 2014, 15:47 swaaye

Graphics whoring is almost all I see in comments about this game. Do any of you truly enjoy playing it? I found it to be too formulaic and stale and was bored after maybe 6 hours of the cheesy story. I am most disappointed with how hollow the world feels considering they talked a lot about how it was going to be a new level of open world sim.  

News Comments > THIEF Reviews
38. Re: THIEF Reviews Feb 24, 2014, 14:47 swaaye

Everyone tore apart Dark Messiah but that is a fav of mine, and I get some DM and Dishonored vibes from Thief. I am looking forward to digging into this game and seeing what's wrong.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
80. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 9, 2013, 17:10 swaaye

Flatline wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 16:40:
The amount of blind equipment buys is insane.
Yeah that stuff blows my mind. It's as if some people have never played these games before. I've also talked to a few people and some of it is just crazy clueless dreamy idealistic thoughts of how the game "will play" in their mind, based upon the high minded chat sessions RSI has done.

I went in for $60 because I want the game to happen and that's what I'll pay for a game. Though honestly I'm not looking for a MMO experience or anything like the X series. I hope the single player combat campaign aspect is not neglected.

I'm also hoping that this game's seeming success and apparent public interest spurs some major new developments in the space shooter genre again. Sort of like what Wing Commander and X-Wing did in the '90s.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2013, 17:21.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
25. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 14:13 swaaye

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 11:39:
SC will be awesome and somewhat resembling the stated vision in 36+ months from now but it is high time that CR sobers up and sets people's expectations straight for the beta and the initial release of the game. The expectations are through the roof right now with all of the success of the funding campaign and the features that get piled onto an already scary and humbling pile of work.
Yeah you are right about their impossible release schedule. I expect some serious whining from clueless hype-drunken folk once reality settles in with a beta release that doesn't remotely satisfy the dreamy spec sheet for this game. Hell all that I really want is Squadron 42.

News Comments > Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs
11. Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution - Director's Cut Coming to PCs Jun 12, 2013, 13:03 swaaye

I'd be quite willing to buy a new Deus Ex game. I'm not much for the "special" opportunity to buy into the latest "value added" re-release though...  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
31. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 12, 2013, 11:18 swaaye

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 12:54:
I chucked a few hundred ducats at it...because I believe that Chris Roberts can pull it off. I have enjoyed every game he has ever made. Yes, even Privateer 2.
He wasn't really part of Priv 2. It was an Erin Roberts effort (his brother).

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
53. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 7, 2013, 21:11 swaaye

A new NOLF game would be cool but I couldn't care less about GOG being able to sell oldies. I'd rather have the old school CDs of the original big box release. But I imagine GOG would make some nice money off of this series.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2013, 21:20.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
10. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 15:48 swaaye

Personally I've found all of the AVP games a bit lacking. AVP1 was innovative in its atmosphere and in the way the Alien plays, but that's about it. AVP2 is corny and really quirky. AVP(3) was just ridiculously linear and short. I think the only reason these games sold is the franchise.

This Aliens game would be much more interesting if it had more single player focus. But it sounds mostly like a game for L4D fans. There was also a developer interview video that I watched that had ridiculously thick fanboy service for Aliens movie scenes. Maybe that's magic for some people but I'd rather not relive movie scenes in a game.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2013, 15:54.

News Comments > The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans
9. Re: The Old Republic Roadmap Includes Same Gender Romance Plans Jan 2, 2013, 18:04 swaaye

Prez wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 17:37:
Seriously. Straight or gay, how hard up do you have to be to be "clamoring" for romance in a videogame? Least of all one with graphics as simplistic and visuals as ugly as those in TOR? Though I guess if implied cartoon sex is your thing, it's a win. Whatever trips your trigger.
Ever peruse Skyrim Nexus or Oblivion Nexus !? Maybe the other Nexus sites too....

News Comments > Gas Powered Countdown
15. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 19, 2012, 14:29 swaaye

I'd like to see that Kings and Castles work out.

SupCom seems like it has run its course for now IMO. Go get Forged Alliance Forever and check out some of the mods if you need more fix of that.

News Comments > Petroglyph Layoffs?
9. Re: Petroglyph Layoffs? Dec 6, 2012, 17:21 swaaye

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 17:57:
It's hard to make an RTS without a large publisher footing the bill for high end production values. Every game they've done since leaving Westwood/EALA has been total shit.

Coming up with fresh new ideas that rock is a hard thing to pull off, especially when they have to cater to the whims of a publisher that's funding it.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2012, 14:26.

News Comments > Petroglyph Layoffs?
5. Re: Petroglyph Layoffs? Dec 5, 2012, 15:35 swaaye

Darks wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:41:
These are the same talented people who originally gave us CnC and this is how they have fallen.
Actually I think a lot of Westwood people have long since left.

News Comments > BioWare Founders Retire
13. Re: BioWare Founders Retire Sep 18, 2012, 19:56 swaaye

ME3 is a bit cheesy in the story department in general. Looked to me like Earth was going to be wiped out in the first 30 minutes instead of the length of the playthrough.

This comment was edited on Sep 18, 2012, 20:04.

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Trailers
34. Re: Star Wars 1313 Trailers Jun 18, 2012, 16:17 swaaye

MacLeod wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 08:42:
Dark Forces used it's own engine (Jedi), not the Doom engine. I wish someone would make a high res update to it like they did Doom (DoomGL, ZDoom). I wouldn't mind replaying DF.

Look up DarkXL.

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 05:23:
I agree on atmosphere, but very few people enjoy not knowing where the fuck to go now-a-days.
Dark Forces is somewhat maze-y, but Jedi Knight is not so much. JK had some amazing map design with a great sense of scale.

News Comments > Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage
65. Re: Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage Jun 18, 2012, 16:06 swaaye

I watched the Steam top sellers list on and off for Rage's status there after release. It started slipping fairly quick. Maybe it did better on consoles, but it certainly doesn't seem to have turned into any sort of popular phenomenon.

The most ridiculous aspect to Rage wasn't the game itself, but the astonishing communication fuck up between id and AMD. Clearly they had assumed AMD was on top of things and not months behind schedule with their OpenGL driver.

This comment was edited on Jun 18, 2012, 16:11.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 E3 Trailer
4. Re: Dead Space 3 E3 Trailer Jun 16, 2012, 12:41 swaaye

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 05:00:
Seems much more action orientated than the previous two.
I'm pretty sure that the series has always been nearly constant action. I thought even the original had too much of it. Never finished the sequel because I got frustrated with it and it was just not all that compelling.

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images
62. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 17:33 swaaye

From what I understand, Rage's problem was storage capacity. The game needed to fit on a 360 dual layer DVD, plus optical drives doing streaming have speed limitations. But still, are we ready for a 100GB game download? Not everybody has a rockin' unlimited internet connection and everybody wants to buy games online instead of in stores (so BDROM is kinda dead in the water on PC). That's the problem with unique texturing...  

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
45. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 11, 2011, 17:51 swaaye

I like a high FOV in UT. I usually would run 90-100* there. Otherwise I tend to go for lower. I run Skyrim at 80-85 on my 16:9 monitor.

FOV sensitivity also depends on what monitor you're using though. I know there are some people still using 4:3 CRTs and games frequently look a hell of a lot different on those than a 16:9/10 screen for various reasons. Not all developers adjust FOV in the same way at different resolutions, etc. Some games are curiously designed in that you see considerably less on a big widescreen display than a 4:3/5:4 monitor.

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
31. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 10, 2011, 23:51 swaaye

Yes a narrow FOV can cause motion sickness, particularly on desktop PC setups and if view bob is also present. View bob is perhaps the biggest cause of that though I think. STALKER has a pretty extreme view bob (might as well call it a swagger) in fact in its stock form.  

202 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo