Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 332 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
18. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2012, 22:23 Nucas

Prez wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 20:45:
Click my name up in the corner - my full name has been there since I signed up in 2003.
hahaha repsect

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Abrash on Valve, Snow Crash, and Wearable Computers
38. Re: Abrash on Valve, Snow Crash, and Wearable Computers Apr 16, 2012, 03:02 Nucas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Apr 15, 2012, 14:22:
Wow, the trolls are out in full force today. They're not even very subtle.

The reality is that Half-Life completely redefined the genre. It had an intro, it started you without weapons, it introduced other characters that had meaningful dialogue, it had platforming, puzzles more complicated than just "find the red key" and it completely redefined what could be achieved through scripted events. For the time there was nothing like it. Half-Life 2 further cemented Valve's position as the leader of storytelling and immersion in FPS games.

This is just a classic case of people rebelling against popular culture for the sake of it.

i was going to type a reply but you saved me the time.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
156. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 20:39 Nucas

something about this headline was tickling my memory, so i did a little search of the site;

Epic on Bulletstorm Sales

mike capps, about 8 months ago, discussing how bulletstorm sold barely 300k units on ALL platforms.

so capps obviously knows the truth, but is deliberately spinning the blame to piracy as usual. that part's not in doubt. what i wonder about is his agenda. marginalizing the pc as a platform? or trying to obfuscate the failure on every front of this game's design, marketing and positioning.

if i had to venture a guess, i'd blame their premium pricing. this game was never meant to be a 60 dollar title. call of duty can get away with that shit, not no-name IP. i can only call on my own experience, and at 40 or 50 this game was weird looking enough that i would have bought into it on release, but 60? no way, and then the word of mouth caught on.

got it during steam sale for 5 bucks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2012, 11:28 Nucas

now i want barbeque.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions
6. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 11:15 Nucas

is bioware a business, or isn't it? since when is giving your customer what they want bad business?

they clearly had a business-mentality when they required every other plot element in the game be vetted by the writing team as a whole. why now this baseless auteur attitude, especially with such a colossal fuckup?

at least we can always count on gaming "journalism" to side with the publishers.

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
169. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 6, 2012, 23:05 Nucas

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 21:56:
I used to think it was an idiot fan theory like any other, but there's so much to use for it that it really is like they accidentally made something better and more interesting than what was intended.
ok, so the illusive man represents the indoctrinated part of your mind, up until you kill him. and then rather than that representing your victory in keeping with his theory, he changes the rules: now it's become a trick to make you think you've overcome the indoctrination.. which you aren't even consciously aware of anyway.. he also expertly handles the established fact that prothean VI's can detect indoctrination with "sure, but maybe they're just wrong a lot when you're around." he even digs for meaning in art asset re-use.

that whole video is bizarre cyclical self-justificaiton. he formulated a theory (no doubt because he was looking for it the whole time) and is now wrapping the reality of what happens around it to make it fit, spontaneously changing his own statements on the fly to keep it working. tedious.

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
167. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 6, 2012, 21:37 Nucas

i'm suprised they gave in, but gratified.

the endgame was the most important ten minutes of anything they've done in the past 5 years, and they choked.

they failed so utterly that the only way a large subset of fans can reconcile what they saw is with an idiotic and convoluted "theory" that turns the endgame into an unreliable-narrator-driven metaphore.

i hope casey hudson isn't feeling smugly superior about how no one "gets" his vacuous nerdgasm ending. god, what a fucker.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
29. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Feb 1, 2012, 02:14 Nucas

Prez wrote on Jan 30, 2012, 17:57:
Most everyone else here decries pirates. Me, I think used game buyers are far worse.
that's some strong rhetoric. not everyone has the financial capacity to adopt an all or nothing purchasing paradigm for their hobbies.
i only buy used games when necessary (older stuff) but that's because i've been lucky to be able to afford such extravagance. life sucks and sometimes people just want to forget for an hour or two. only the affluent need apply?

News Comments > Steam Group Seeks Communication
7. Re: Steam Group Seeks Communication Jan 11, 2012, 23:57 Nucas

if this gained enough mass, i think valve could be passing up a good opportunity for some positive pr by ignoring them. i don't think it will reach that point though.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans
9. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 03:15 Nucas

i really need to stop dicking around and make a character for this game. got it as a gift a little after release (but it was really more like a gift from my friend to himself, since he wants me to play it). i just can't get excited about it.

of course the last mmo i played regularly was the matrix online so what do i know

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Dec 28, 2011, 18:23 Nucas

that gsm exploit is old news, so old it borders on the archaeological.

it's funny to watch the cycle of big mainstream news sites rediscovering tech news and being shocked by it anew.

News Comments > EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward
26. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 25, 2011, 00:51 Nucas

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 04:56:
If you even believe in such distinctions such as good and evil.
the only times i ever see this "i am above such considerations" thing trotted out is when morally bankrupt actions are being defended. seriously. at least it's consistent.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 25, 2011, 00:22 Nucas

the american government likes to court future corporate sponsors by drafting a really repugnant piece of anti-citizen, anti-progress legislation every decade or so, to remind them who's looking out for them.  

News Comments > EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward
5. Re: EA/Activision Lawsuit Moves Forward Dec 22, 2011, 23:44 Nucas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 22, 2011, 21:04:
Normally I like to pick sides when spectating this sort of thing but here I couldn't care less; it's one shitty company suing another shitty company. I suppose I consider EA to be the slightly more shitty company, so I hope it ends up with massive legal bills and huge damages awarded against it.
i've kind of slipped the other way, i hate what i've read of bobby kotick's actions sufficiently to want to see his awful fucking decisions hurt activision. it honestly kind of pisses me off how good MW3 did (how could it not?) and the back patting kotick must have given himself for trying to fuck west/zampella out of their royalties.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 10M; "Fastest Selling Title in Steam's History"
46. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; Dec 17, 2011, 14:38 Nucas

DrEvil wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 14:34:
Cutter wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 01:04:
And PHJF is correct. Compound adverbs and adjectives before a noun are always hyphenated. I always find it funny when I look at a person's resume who claims they're "detail oriented". Deatil oriented, huh?

Actually, PHJF is [url=http://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/hyphens_alternatives_in_compound_adjectives.htm
]not necessarily correct[/url].

If you "google" around, you'll find other websites talking about this as well.

The short version is that usage is determined by editorial or stylistic principles. It's just like "solid state" used to be hyphenated, but is no longer commonly seen that way. The hyphen primarily serves as a way to disambiguate the words in this context, not as a hard and fast requirement.

Another example of changing usage would be that Herman Melville originally published his book titled "Moby-Dick" (note the hyphen), but most individuals would no longer consider that correct.

it was seeing this comment at the top that assured me i was missing no conversation of consequence here.

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
47. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 13, 2011, 00:36 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Dec 12, 2011, 21:38:
So let's see...fans of these sorts of games are clowns like CJ_Parker and some other guy who can't even master basic grammatical capitalization. I think that pretty much tells you all you need to know.
i generally find your "thoughts" unimportant, and this has proven to be no exception. run along, now. i was hoping a grown up would speak up so i could have a conversation.

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
38. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 19:29 Nucas

i own every modern warfare game, on pc. amazing campaigns. loved how modern warfare 3 tied it up with makarov, first rate ending to a story i found engagingly presented. hem and haw all you want, the sheer scripted spectacle of modern warfare changed how games are made. "no russian" is one of the first things that comes to my mind when the tired "games as art" argument comes up; it never fails to provoke an emotional response from people.

never played any of them online, though.

so in which camp do i fall now? the ones who hate modern warfare 3 because it became so popular that it is now a popular thing to hate, or the guys who hate battlefield 3 even though it's basically the same thing.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 12, 2011, 01:08 Nucas

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 12:06:
The THQ executives have been trying a bunch of new stuff the last couple of years but almost none of it has worked out. If they want to have a pray of saving themselves, especially when costs go up more in the next console generation, I think Farrell, Bilson et al. need to be replaced. They're clearly not up to maintaining consistent growth.
i thought it was funny how they announced red faction would no long be developed because the last retarded game in the series wasn't as huge a seller as the others. just.. the phrasing of the press release. "after consistent profits, this IP has finally somewhat disappointed our astronomical expectations and thus we will naturally be shelving it forever."

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: SOPA Dec 11, 2011, 22:35 Nucas

fyi, this is what you're voting for when you vote republican. taking our country back!  

News Comments > Oil Rush In January
6. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 03:03 Nucas

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 02:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 22:25:
Love how on their homepage they say that indy games usually have great ideas and bad graphics... and their solution to that is making Tower Defense clone 312 with great graphics.

Its like complaining that roads are ugly and their solution to that is to make roads from diamonds... while they then may not be ugly, they'd still just be boring roads.....

So yeah....

And your complaining about or insulting a game that you've obviously never seen in action is like running naked down that diamond road with a pair of scissors in each hand snipping at the air... Let me help you out:

http://oilrush-game.com/media/videos/

"snipping at the air" really brought this one together for me personally

332 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo