Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 334 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Mesa Source This Month
40. Re: Black Mesa Source This Month Sep 2, 2012, 18:50 Nucas

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 14:05:
The fact is they couldn't keep any of their promises. I hold people to their word, and when someone can't live up to it multiple times that doesn't bode well.

THAT'S RIGHT PARDNERS, THIS SHERIFF RUNS A TIGHT SHIP

A MAN'S WORD USED TO MEAN SOMETHING IN THIS TOWN AND BY GOLLY I'LL BE SURE THESE VARMINTS PAY FOR..

FOR....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 29, 2012, 00:41 Nucas

beyond rampant waste compounded by the planned annual obsolescence of their products, accelerating resource exhaustion to a not-so-distant inevitability; beyond working conditions so poor their slaves are literally driven to suicide as a means to provide for their families; apple proves they deserve to retain the crown of World's Most Evil Corporation by perfecting the science of litigating your most dangerous competition out of the market.

and now, back to innovating!

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Aug 24, 2012, 02:47 Nucas

i'm aware of no other virus or malware that actually infects a virtual machine. this has been a very interesting year for infosec.  

5. Re: Three days after suing Apple, Google says patent wars hurt consumers Aug 22, 2012, 00:35 Nucas

Beamer wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 12:55:
I agree. Which is why I don't condemn Mitt Romney for whatever taxes he paid and don't see a point to proving his tax rate.

You can hate rules yet still play by them. It's about whether you manage to change those rules.
i'm not sure i understand the correlation. "the rules" being "the tax rate" and mitt romeny's hatred being his rich person's prerogative to game the system with his wealth? wouldn't that make him the apple in this analogy? i'm lost.

1. Re: Three days after suing Apple, Google says patent wars hurt consumers Aug 21, 2012, 12:50 Nucas

i don't see anything wrong with disdaining the game you've been forced to play.

these patent lawsuits are so ridiculous and literally out of control i don't see how the current system can be allowed to stand. but knowing america, i'm sure we'll instead simply find a way to make it workable and let the industry stagnate as a result.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 20, 2012, 02:04 Nucas

90% (80%?) of "leaks" are just things that are embarassing, usually politically, to a political party or administration or individual.
but wholesale release of unchecked documents that they don't know what they're looking at anyway... it's chaos, it's folly, and while Assange isn't an American anyway i'm sure our actual enemies LOVED to get their hands on it all. Assange is a piece of shit self serving narcissist.
Manning is someone i can feel more pity for, but when he just decided "fuck it, i'm going to get EVERYTHING i can!" and went crazy downloading everything his clearance let him access and just shipped it all to a douchebag foreign national, he went from "whistle blower" to "dangerous dumbfuck".
throw them all into a volcano.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
15. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 15, 2012, 07:27 Nucas

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 05:41:
Nucas wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 01:50:
netnerd85 wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 01:45:
RAGE is a piece of art - literally. Some people just don't get it or like the style. Which is fine but to act like a bunch of retard monkeys whenever someone says RAGE... why?

i read an interview with a couple of id artists maybe a year or two ago talking about their work on rage.

the interviewer was asking questions assuming they'd done some world-building and forethought, like taking note of how bandit camps often have graffiti and sculptures around them and asked "in the mythology of the game is there a reason the bandits in this world are so art inclined?" and the reply came "because i thought it looked cool" and i found it hilarious that the interviewer had put more thought into their shitty world then their art team.

but that's id for you.
Cool source bro, oh wait... link?

And more things in games are done because they are COOL, because games are meant to be cool and FUN.

but no bro, rage was more than just trying to be cool and fun, it's a piece of art. i mean, that's what you said before but U DIDNT SORCE IT, WHERE UR SORCE? I EXECPT SORCUED COMMENT HERES ON BLEUS NEWS

if you really wanted to know so bad, i'm sure you could figure it out but i imagine you just want to be a whiny, argumentative dipshit instead. you can hang up the mission accomplished banner.

News Comments > Remember Me Announced
16. Re: Remember Me Announced Aug 15, 2012, 07:15 Nucas

Zoom wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 05:05:
Yeah this one reminds me of Omikron as well... let's see if it lives up to the standards. As usual console first means compromise on something, usually map size, interaction, character models...
at least it's the ps3 and not the lowest common denominator that is the 360.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
5. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 14, 2012, 02:21 Nucas

rist3903 wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 08:33:
It is so difficult to prepare for unforeseen consequences.
i should have aborted that test but i didn't.

the whole world went to hell that day.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2012, 02:08 Nucas

jdreyer wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 00:55:
Yeah, the resource issue is definitely a concern. I agree. Global warming, peak oil (and peak other resources), and overpopulation are huge factors there.

I wouldn't worry too much about China. They have major structural issues, resource issues, and rampant corruption to boot.

So I agree with your larger point for sure.

you guys are fucking depressing.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 01:50 Nucas

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 01:45:
RAGE is a piece of art - literally. Some people just don't get it or like the style. Which is fine but to act like a bunch of retard monkeys whenever someone says RAGE... why?

i read an interview with a couple of id artists maybe a year or two ago talking about their work on rage.

the interviewer was asking questions assuming they'd done some world-building and forethought, like taking note of how bandit camps often have graffiti and sculptures around them and asked "in the mythology of the game is there a reason the bandits in this world are so art inclined?" and the reply came "because i thought it looked cool" and i found it hilarious that the interviewer had put more thought into their shitty world then their art team.

but that's id for you.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Aug 12, 2012, 02:44 Nucas

there will always be unforeseen consequences and new attacks to mitigate.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 2, 2012, 14:51 Nucas

i've only ever met one person who used linux in my day to day work, and he got into an argument with me about the wonders of dvorak keyboards and stormed off when i started talking about how there was no conclusive proof about their supposed superiority, or how it didn't even make intuitive sense for one string of letters to be more "learnable" then another..

i think that has since colored my views of linux.

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
38. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 4, 2012, 16:14 Nucas

Zadig wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 09:26:
The stories and writing are very good. This makes the voice acting much better since the actors are speaking naturally rather than trying to read comic book dialogue for 14 year olds (a la Bioware). I was very happy to see they've removed leveling like EVE, and adopted the Guild Wars deck system. The tactical choices of 7 active & 7 passive skills is much more interesting than the drudgery of managing 82 skill bars.

that's actually what surprised me the most, i wasn't expecting the quality of writing to be so high, and there are quests everywhere.

as it turns out they've been holding Ragnar Tornquist hostage as a lead writer for a few years. maybe now he can start working on a new Dreamfall game.

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
4. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 12:11 Nucas

i've been playing this on arcadia (the RP server which everyone just acts normal on anyway) i've been having a lot of fun. all the quests are fully voiced with cinematics. environments are extremely detailed and expansive, lot of fun so far.
combat is just normal mmo combat so no real innovations there, but the ability tree is like almost inaccessible large (500+ "unique" abilities is the number i hear bandied around) and it does feel more interactive than usual i will say.

News Comments > Activision and Infinity Ward Settle
14. Re: Activision and Infinity Ward Settle Jun 1, 2012, 02:34 Nucas

Tumbler wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 00:19:
I'm guessing stock holders are not going to turn a blind eye to this stupidity. Ah man, was worth a try, I mean we almost screwed those guys and got to keep all this money right? And now we don't have a talented studio in IW anymore...so that kind of sucks....but this is how you get shit down. This is video games. Let's go try and fire those lazy fucks at blizzard now!

i would honestly like to know how well informed the stockholders in a video game publisher actually are.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
89. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 23, 2012, 20:41 Nucas

i've liked TOR strictly as a co-op version of knights of the old republic that i play with a couple friends. i've played the consular and trooper plots so far, and i admit that's all that keeps me playing. when i've exhausted the storylines that interest me, i'm going to cancel it. i'll confess i never played WoW, but from what i recall seeing when i saw unfortunates subjecting themselves to it, TOR looks like basically the same game with the same mechanics.

i think it'll be good for the genre that the mighty bioware with god's own budget are still going to fail, and it's because of sticking to the staid old formula.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Monitor Troubles May 23, 2012, 01:43 Nucas

Tom wrote on May 21, 2012, 20:02:
PropheT wrote on May 21, 2012, 17:30:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1225919/yamakasi-catleap-monitor-club

After my friend bought one of those they're talking about in that thread, I picked up a Catleap myself; 2560x1440 27" IPS monitor for less than half of what a similar one costs here. It's a risk to buy it, since they're coming directly from Korea and warranty work would probably be too expensive to be worth it, but the monitors are beautiful and the price is great. IPS color quality on a decent gaming monitor at extremely high res.

You do need a pretty hefty video card to make it worthwhile, though.

I bought one of these recently and then a friend of mine did after I told him about my experience. It's definitely a risk, but 2560x1440 is really great. There are some downsides. I got one stuck pixel (green, only visible against dark backgrounds), though my friend got a perfect panel. The stand sucks and you have to disassemble the monitor a bit to remove it, but it's plenty doable. There is some backlight bleed, but only noticeable when viewing dark content.

Anyway, I'd buy one of these over again in a heartbeat. 2560x1440 is just that good. And the price is amazing. $345 shipped. You're looking at $850+ for a non-Korean monitor that does 2560x1440 and $1200+ for 2560x1600. And those expensive monitors aren't perfect by any means, judging by the reviews anyway.

Btw the thing that makes IPS worthwhile is the vertical viewing angle. Lesser panels like TN have relatively poor vertical viewing angle which makes the brightness look different from very slightly different angles. It's annoying to have to always sit up straight in order to see things properly. Maybe good if you're trying to improve your posture though.

oh man, that's spectacular. all the bullet points i was looking for. i'm using a 24" samsung 244t from 2006 or so. laggy, poor contrast ratio, all the other downsides of an early adoption monitor. thanks for this heads up.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts
69. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Cuts May 22, 2012, 23:22 Nucas

deqer wrote on May 22, 2012, 21:32:
Wolfen wrote on May 22, 2012, 21:21:
It's his site, and
ya ya...

"my site, my rules" blah blah.

if the original poster really wants to know
it's not so much about that, but rather it's the fact that you'd save a bunch of speculated discussion by just saying the reason rather keeping it silent and thus everyone wasting time wondering or criticizing the choice that Blue made to delete it.

i've observed that blue is so mild in applying the hammer that i think only new people must bother with speculating when they see his intervention. myself, i just think "that guy must have really been a fuck up."

News Comments > 38 Studios Makes Payment; Copernicus in June 2013?
11. Re: 38 Studios Makes Payment; Copernicus in June 2013? May 19, 2012, 14:20 Nucas

kingdoms of amalur wasn't that bad. what happened to these guys? not enough sales to offset an enormous budget? not enough experienced developers behind the wheel at the studio?  

334 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo