Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Apr 24, 2009, 06:21 Nucas

it makes me feel old to think back to when the planet network of sites were relevant.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > L4D PC Survival Pack
8. Re: L4D PC Survival Pack Apr 21, 2009, 20:43 Nucas

it unlocked the two closed campaigns for use in versus, which is ten "new" maps, and there's one lighthouse map which actually is new, so where is the 16 figure coming from?

i really wish valve was more proactive in their release of mod tools or at least fresh campaigns of their own, my friends and i got completely burned out on l4d about two months after it came out and havn't touched it since.

News Comments > Jack Thompson Warned
14. Re: Jack Thompson Warned Apr 15, 2009, 20:41 Nucas

i think it's awesome that the loudest anti-game mouthpiece from that time when that crap was still relevant just turned out to be totally fucking crazy all along.  

News Comments > id the "Multiplatform Developer"
35. Re: id the Apr 12, 2009, 19:56 Nucas

The sad thing is, you continue to argue against id like you've got some vendetta against them. I mentioned id once and only once, and that was mocking the original post.

You've mentioned them... how many times now? I haven't even stated my opinion on id themselves, but you continue to ramble on and on with no direction, like I'm somehow disagreeing.
your own self-insertion into some 'argument' that does not exist beyond your own delusions is puzzling. of course he's mentioning id, in this thread about id discussing a news story about id.

how would you quantify relevance? doom 3 is id's only game in the last decade and it has hardly thrived. it's community is marginal and id tech 4's licensing has been abysmal. ue3 is more versatile, more developer friendly, and ultimately more prolific. id's last arguable success was ten years ago.

your news commentator comparison is apt, but only for yourself. you're bringing nothing to a previously interesting and somewhat informative discussion but trite, pithy displays of your self-perceived logical syperiority, and hot air.

News Comments > PC Braid Ships, Demo
2. Re: PC Braid Ships, Demo Apr 10, 2009, 15:48 Nucas

this self-important game's release just made me remember soulja boy's eloquent thoughts on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXofLK5hFQ

News Comments > Assault on Dark Athena DRM Backlash
66. Re: On Dark Athena DRM Apr 9, 2009, 17:47 Nucas

there goes another probable purchase into the bowels of isohunt for me.
it's telling to me as commentary on this drm thing that i went from a lifelong collector to.. well, i'm still a collector, just that the only longevity comes from scene releases.

A good number did,period. You guys shoot the very thing that makes the games you like. No different than Obama, taxing the so called rich, guess what...the so called rich pays your checks!:)
the proleteriat disgust me as well, they should know their place and offer up profits without question as is their lot. you're a fucking walking cliche, i don't know where to start

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2009, 17:49.

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Still Broken
30. Re: Far Cry 2 Still Broken Apr 8, 2009, 20:53 Nucas

i really wish ubisoft didn't hate their own userbase and allowed editing tools to be released. this game could be amazing with community support.

it's worked for valve and bethesda.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Backlash
33. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Backlash Apr 8, 2009, 20:45 Nucas

How about thinking of the other side for once. For every allied soldier there are literally hundreds of civilian casualties on the Muslim side.
unless you can quote some specific statistics i'll have to contest that you are literally full of shit.

i think the iraq war was nothing but bullshit war-profiteering (and the majority of americans complaining about it now didn't give a fuck until it finally triggered a crippling recession that actually effected them personally) but this ridiculous hyperbole doesn't benefit the anti-war sentiment at all.

i honestly think the idea of this game is about on par with the war itself: bullshit profiteering.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Status
3. Re: Stargate Worlds Status Apr 7, 2009, 20:47 Nucas

who is calling the shots on this license? is this being financed in-house? where is the goddamn quality control for people making (and failing at it) stargate games?

it seems the hope of a game actually worth playing goes out the window when the imperative isn't "let's make the best game we can with the time/money available" and is instead "let's just survive until we can shove this thing out the door and maybe stay employed".

i can sympathize with that sentiment but i doubt it'll produce a game worth buying.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Revealed
35. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Revealed Apr 6, 2009, 18:38 Nucas

Fallujah wasn't just a bunch of guys in robes with AK-47s, and that you couldn't always drop someone with a few bullets to the chest.

BOSS FIGHT!!

I'm sure that everyone around the globe has the same "evolved" opinion that you do, and are ready to just lay down their weapons and live in peace forever...

my evolved opinion amounts to a dim view of human nature. humans are primitive and feral. we've been killing each other for ultimately unimportant reasons for all of our history. sometimes there are good reasons. who wanted hitler in charge, after all? can anyone honestly say iraq was a good reason?

what insight does your own enlightened scoffing at the notion of world peace bear out?

i'm not sure what perceived opinion of mine you manifested to argue with but it's pretty far from the reality.

26. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Revealed Apr 6, 2009, 16:44 Nucas

perhaps that while fallujah was just another low-stakes human conflict that thousands died meaninglessly in, it.. actually, i think that was it.  

23. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Revealed Apr 6, 2009, 16:15 Nucas

this game just sounds like a mix of "tasteless carpetbagging" and "uninteresting realism".

and letting my gamer callousness assert itself, is fighting people wearing robes shooting 40 year old ak-47s for individual street control in what is widely viewed as a pointless expensive conflict really that interesting from a gameplay point of view?

News Comments > Raven: Wolfenstein "Not a WWII Game"
5. Re: Raven: Wolfenstein Apr 6, 2009, 16:04 Nucas

raven software is seriously stuck designing games like it's still 10 years ago.
ham-fisted overlong cinematics, level design that still has stuff like "a big hallway with no doors and an open vent at the end", etc. i think the last game of their's i enjoyed was soldier of fortune in 2000, when you could still do that.
why they're id software's chosen lackeys i'll never know; though it's not as though id has ever known what a good singleplayer game is either.

News Comments > Della Rocca Rants
4. Re: Della Rocca Rants Apr 2, 2009, 15:36 Nucas

Who?

seriously.

News Comments > FileFront Lives?
10. Re: FileFront Lives? Apr 1, 2009, 22:18 Nucas

While you can't login to them and you can't browse files on them, their search feature still works to locate files, and the download links found work.
that was the case for me yesterday, but the file browsing features are now fully functional again. try clearing your browser cache maybe?

News Comments > FileFront Lives?
6. Re: FileFront Lives? Apr 1, 2009, 21:29 Nucas

i've always had the best luck with both speed and consistency in downloads from fileshack, but filefront is like the internet's grand archives of modifications. the speed and ease of submitting mods to a filefront site is unparelleled. it going under would really be a disaster for a lot of more obscure mods and games that don't have any other singular communities.

hard to say what's going on, a couple days ago they killed their main file listings and forums (though you could still access downloads using the sites search functions) and now both are back up.

i've been reading accounts of people who were laid off from their jobs administrating filefront (in the most graceful fashions, just changing their swipe card access codes) and they are still very much without jobs, apparently.

News Comments > EA DRM Tools
31. Re: EA DRM Tools Mar 31, 2009, 20:21 Nucas

i still can't claim to understand how limited activations in anyway deters pirates. the only feasible application i can see is killing second hand sales, which the industry has been salivating over for years, of course.  

News Comments > Jack Thompson Writes Obama
21. Re: Jack Thompson Writes Obama Mar 23, 2009, 15:14 Nucas

that's unfortunate, zest, it's the only stuff worth reading in all this banal shit.  

News Comments > Wanted Trailer
10. Re: Wanted Trailer Mar 22, 2009, 05:02 Nucas

it was a lame pun on the bullet typo. and that aside: of course it's bullshit, are you fucking serious? did you even see the movie? the story is completely self aware of how prepostrous it is. are you going to go rage on the sw: the old republic because laser swords are pure fiction?

i personally have some hope for this game, since it seems they actually worked on it rather than rushing it out for a simultaneous movie release last summer. ..though as far as i know they started it on release and it's going to be shit anyway.

News Comments > Nameless Mod for DX
8. Re: Nameless Mod for DX Mar 19, 2009, 04:35 Nucas

the mod looks really well made but the whole concept is just too stupid for words.  

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo