Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 334 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie?
25. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie? May 10, 2009, 05:14 Nucas

All that stopping and going and really ruined the experience.

that's a complaint i hear a lot but i thought the game's pacing was flawless, personally. i liked that parts demonstrated how an unequipped but capable person could navigate a seemingly impossible environment, like the atrium that required you to climb five stories straight up an incomplete building without stairs or ladders.

i really hope they make a second one and actually incorporate a good story this time. the first game's only real flaw for me was how seriously it took it's shitty fucking plot. instead of focusing on the illegal information network, runners, the elements of their fucking game world, they had to do the godawful 1984 thing. at least they remembered to name their characters even if they didn't get to personalities.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Goodbye from 3D Realms
80. Re: John Romero May 10, 2009, 04:32 Nucas

I actually felt sorry for Romero after Diakatana was released.. ..but he still got it done - to his credit...

i honestly still had some respect for romero after daikatana. he obviously wasn't ready to run a company on any scale but he seemed like he genuinely loved games and gaming. i revised my assessment when i read this fucking diarrhea he spouted a few years ago wherein he declares that modders were "screwing up the industry they're supposed to be helping".

it just drips with contempt for the apparent talentless amateurs who comprise the modding community. he's been taking potshots from the sidelines of an industry he left as a fucking failure for years. he has no business shitting on any game's modding community considering how many teams and projects have clearly outdone his own accomplishments.

The game was gonna suck anyway - we all knew it would and we were all waiting to slag it off. I'm not meaning to be rude to the developers but I can't think of anything I've waiting for 10+ years which was actually worth it.

i don't really feel that way, myself. granted it's been 8 years but the trailer they released at e3 in 2001 still looks like a game i'd want to play. i don't see any reason to be glad the project is dead since it could have been fun but it doesn't break my heart. i'm sure someone else can develop a ridiculous shooter with dialog from evil dead.

but no matter how good it could have been people would just ask themsevles "it took them 12 YEARS to make THIS?"

This comment was edited on May 10, 2009, 06:37.

6. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie? May 8, 2009, 20:01 Nucas

it seems in keeping with the original's style of cinematic gameplay sequences.

i don't find the execution of complex moves like that too unbelievable. using a context sensitive control system like assassin's creed where acrobatics are largely automated would make it pretty easy, and it's kind of a necessity for the simplistic nature of console controls.

if anything i would question the level design, having so many populated accessible areas is still a rarity in games.

3. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie? May 8, 2009, 19:32 Nucas

that was pretty goddamn awesome.

even more than usual, i guess, because i was expecting another bizarre random movie like their "announcement trailer" last year, just jade sitting under an umbrella while her gruff pig uncle fixes a car and stares off into the distance.

it would actually be hilarious if more companies adopted such a fucking weird non-sequitur way of announcing their games.

alex vance exits the lunar lander without a space suit and looks around. she calmly unwraps and begins to eat a cheeseburger. screen flashes HALF LIFE: EPISODE 3

This comment was edited on May 8, 2009, 19:34.

News Comments > Wheelman Film Plans
5. Re: Wheelman Film Plans May 8, 2009, 19:15 Nucas

Could the plot be any more generic?

things become even more complicated when diesel discovers the daughter he never knew he had is mixed up in the plot. can he get to her and her pet dog in time?

also, the dog can play basketball.

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
107. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 8, 2009, 08:04 Nucas

i still recall that e3 2001 trailer for duke nukem forever. while i guess it's impossible to judge the state of a game from a two minute trailer, i recall it looking really, really impressive.

at one point at least 3drealms had a great looking game that i would have definitely paid money for based on that media alone. but for whatever reason, they felt they had to play ion storm's game of technology catch up for 8 fucking years.

they need not worry, their title of industry laughing stock is secure.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2009, 06:54 Nucas

i never liked star trek (besides thinking first contact was awesome) and kind of thought the new one looked a little too superhip douchebaggy but the reactions so far seem positive. my girlfriend wants to go see it this weekend so i guess they acheived the impossible in wanting to make normal people watch a star trek movie.

that mirror's edge photoset made me laugh a couple times if nothing else. mirror's edge was all about the city and the skyline, having your model stand on the wire fence of a parking garage for hilariously dopey "action stills" doesn't quite evince the same mood.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2009, 05:32 Nucas

introversion software discovers xbox live/the lowest common denominator.  

News Comments > No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins
30. Re: No SecuROM in Dragon Age: Origins May 5, 2009, 07:01 Nucas

i'm still not sure about this game, to have been in development for over five years with three other multiplatform projects passing it by suggests some amount of development tumult to me. i don't doubt that the extra time is doing it much needed good.

bioware has a proven record for fun games, though their projects have gotten progressively more shallow. mass effect maintained a pleasant ankle depth ("oh sir! please tell us what i should do about my unborn child!" "do this." "ok, thank you!"). hopefully now that they know what they're doing with ue3 mass effect 2 will have some real content.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 2, 2009, 21:18 Nucas

isps have just started getting a taste of the increase of profit from instituting bandwidth caps, they're not going to stop just because we don't like it. what are we going to do? switch back to dialup in self-righteous protest? these claims that physical publishing's days are numbered are delusional even if isps suddenly decide they aren't in business to make money.

these arguments are always falsely polarized, anyway. developers keep more money. splendid. what about we consumers? steam charges just as much as a brick and mortar - often more - for it's releases. i can get boxed copies of games cheaper from any online distributor. one of the primary arguments i recall when steam was being launched was "without those evil, greedy publishers we can pass the savings on to you!"

taking any sides in this bullshit argument if you're not on somebody's payroll is kind of stupid.

News Comments > Metaverse
2. Re: Metaverse May 2, 2009, 21:03 Nucas

for a year or two now i've been thinking there's either going to be enough protest to stop the institution of bandwidth caps or online streaming/distribution is going to die and brick and mortar reasserts itself.  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Interview
4. Re: Peter Molyneux Interview May 2, 2009, 18:59 Nucas

HEY GUYS, IT'S ME, DON'T FORGET ABOUT ME I'M STILL IMPORTANT RIGHT GUYS  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Apple May 1, 2009, 04:42 Nucas

isn't that essentially what killed 3dfx?  

News Comments > The Old Republic & Word Filters
11. Re: The Old Republic & Word Filters Apr 29, 2009, 00:12 Nucas

As said below, the only purpose those words have in an MMO or on a gaming forum is insults and improper discussion. My sexuality has no place being broadcast on there, gay or straight.
that's nonsense. thinking that discourse in an mmo is limited to it's fictional subject matter is ludicrous. the nature of conversation doesn't change just because you're playing a video game, discussion can and does go in any direction. i'm probably going to be playing this game with my friends at launch and don't expect our ingame discourse to be limited to "dude who would win mace windu or darth malak". i'm of the opinion that less limitations is generally better than more.

people here are giving ridiculous extreme examples to try and justify banning benign terms like every homo on earth is going to join and act like the grand marshal of a gay pride parade. have you ever logged into an mmo and read "sup, i'm gay btw"?

let's also make sure no one says "black" or "african-american". you shouldn't be broadcasting your race in a game. bringing it up at all means you're just asking for trouble/insulting someone. if you think this scenario is different, please ask yourself why.

News Comments > New PhysX Games
13. Re: New PhysX Games Apr 28, 2009, 21:26 Nucas

i guess most of you kids are too young to remember the whole 3dFX bullshit and the era of original 3D accelerators - people said the same garbage you currently spout.. did that stop 3D GPUs from becoming completely ubiquitous? not by a long shot
i was thinking of 3dfx too, but more of how they kept trying to foist glide on an industry that no longer cared.

there are a lot of future trends i could see taking hold well before physics processing, like dedicated ray-tracing units. the current state of the market, with the biggest player now a subsidiary of nvidia with their tech proprietary, phyics processing is just going to stay a novelty.

i'd really like to hear it from a developer what they'd most like to incorporate into their tech.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2009, 21:28.

News Comments > The Old Republic & Word Filters
7. Re: The Old Republic & Word Filters Apr 28, 2009, 21:08 Nucas

it's called being overly sensitive and politically correct, and it does no one any good
that's kind of how i view word censorship in the first place. i would rather just be called a fuckhead than have to read global chatlogs filled with "u @$$h0l3. f|_|kc u"

also, i have to assume gay people take issue with the words being censored in the first place because it futher marginalizes them, placing the lables for their lifestyle in the same "FORBIDDEN TERMS" catagory as "shit fuck balls" which doesn't make any sense. gay people exist. it really is ridiculous that someone thought censoring those words out was at all appropriate.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Dropped
46. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Dropped Apr 28, 2009, 00:07 Nucas

there's no infringement of freedom to speech here, unless being a giant pussy now falls under that catagory.

fuck, i love shpongle.. i think i'll listen to some right now.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2009, 00:08.

News Comments > Six Days in Fallujah Dropped
40. Re: Six Days in Fallujah Dropped Apr 27, 2009, 17:46 Nucas

and after riding high on all that free publicity? rockstar should start hosting PR seminars.

not that i'm especially heartbroken, everything about this game just seemed like fucking carpetbagging.

News Comments > Metaverse
1. Re: Metaverse Apr 26, 2009, 18:29 Nucas

color me shocked.

i resent that employers snoop around in employees lives like this, but it really isn't snooping i guess when so many morons leave their profiles public or just friend anyone who asks.

i'm pretty selective about who i let view any of my crap, but then i don't really feel any imperative to apprise people of the minutia of my insignifigant fucking life either. DOUBLE WRAPPED!

News Comments > BioShock Film on Hold
11. Re: BioShock Film on Hold Apr 25, 2009, 20:22 Nucas

6 years ago i'm sure people were saying "130 million dollars for a movie about a DISNEY RIDE? give me a break!"

it does have a proven director and writer, i won't be surprised if it's good.

334 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo