Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Wheel of Time Rolls to Obsidian
9. Re: Wheel of Time Rolls to Obsidian Feb 12, 2010, 14:55 Nucas

thank god, i was afraid "red eagle games" was going to develop it in-house and fuck it up like "cheyenne mountain" is doing with the stargate games.

i would lay nations to waste for a game set in the age of legends/trolloc wars/conquest of artur hawkwing. just don't fucking follow the main characters. please. no more path of neo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 5, 2010, 11:03 Nucas

i'm surprised there's no turok on that list of franchises that should have stayed dead, it was the first thing to pop into my mind.  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 5, 2010, 10:58 Nucas

bill gates himself always maintained that microsoft are enablers, not first hand producers of hardware. of course, that was back before the x-box.  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 30, 2010, 23:12 Nucas

i never really cared about this issue (still really don't) until i played the andrew ryan part of bioshock or the "no russian" level in modern warfare 2 (yeah, i never gave a shit about it until it came out, never heard any of the "controversy").

those two parts, being forced to do something i found kind of repugnant, made me react in a visceral, considering way that i can't recall any movie ever really evoking. that was when i decided that yes, for me, videogames reached the next level.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jan 26, 2010, 06:42 Nucas

violence in games has become a total non-issue. the incredible mainstream acceptance of the xbox and playstation have really brought gaming out of the shadows. too many people play video games for the moral panic of oldheads to matter anymore. does anyone even remember who jack thompson is?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Interview
7. Re: Mass Effect 2 Interview Jan 26, 2010, 06:08 Nucas

i was really conflicted about who to pre-order from, but ultimately the fact that gamestop somehow allowed themselves to fucking run out of collector's edition pre-orders online decided for me. they got them back in stock but it was too late.

i rather dislike this fad anyway. the collector's edition items i got for dragon age were so good i never used anything else my whole game, and that's kind of retarded.

News Comments > ZeniMax Buys id Software
56. Re: ZeniMax Buys id Software! Jun 24, 2009, 17:48 Nucas

i will merely transcribe my genuine verbal reaction: "holy shit."  

News Comments > James Cameron Interview
2. Re: James Cameron Interview Jun 3, 2009, 11:31 Nucas

a lot of his ideas about sharing concepts and tying in game elements with the movie and vice versa are cool, and were first adopted by the wachowski brothers with "enter the matrix". it really took tying gameplay directly into movie scenes to an incredible level, and exclusive footage in the game was awesome too.

enter the matrix is still pretty fun, if rough around the edges.

News Comments > Glove Controller
10. Re: Glove Controller Jun 2, 2009, 21:56 Nucas

i love the powerglove. it's so bad.  

News Comments > Matrix Online to End
28. Re: Matrix Online to End May 29, 2009, 13:35 Nucas

i really liked the matrix online, at least during it's warner brothers run. i really liked the branched levelling system, and the fact that you could mix abilities from various branches added a real depth to the combat. it also kept you from being locked into any one path since you could switch over to any branch and level it up any time you wanted. once you started getting unique abilities the combat really became excellent.

unfortunately the game just didn't have enough unique content at launch, and never really developed any. it relied very heavily on the live events content which was generally very well done and very frequent early in the game's run. player interactivity was quite high and each server's version of the running story branched in different directions.

when warner sold the game to sony, live events ended. new missions (usually released during the once a week live events) were released maybe once every couple of months. it was a game that required a lot put into it and sony just seemed to want to expend the absolute minimum amount of resources on running the game. i can only assume sony executives also never change the oil in their cars. what a waste of resources!

a "combat upgrade" patch was released around the same time that made some very stupid alterations to game mechanics, cripling ranged classes (there was always a lot of outcry from the melee class players who couldn't figure out how to fight about the other 2 branches that sony chose to indulge)

my friends and i stuck around for a few months but all ended up dropping out of it. i think now the game has totally degenerated into a weird RP/interactive chat room thing. killing it off now is probably for the best but it never should have happened.

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2009, 17:11 Nucas

it seemed to me like it would only happen when the page was trying to load particular ads. could be some peculiarity of opera, though, it's weird about having all objects loaded one at a time.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Damnation
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Damnation May 24, 2009, 03:27 Nucas

from what i've heard so far this is a game that joins gunman chronicles in the annals of "should have stayed a mod".  

News Comments > Metaverse
4. Re: Metaverse May 17, 2009, 06:09 Nucas

i'm sure the top of his list of evils the internet has spawned would be the erosion of the exclusive, vicelike grip his corporation (among others) maintained on the public's access to various media.

oh no! the serfs aren't paying fees!

too many stupid assholes like this are afforded a say in the course technology takes, and it's often the path of a fucking caveman. fucking die already, old guard cocksuckers. you don't comprehend what's going on around you and you don't deserve an opinion.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed May 14, 2009, 12:08 Nucas

Gaming is centered on vulgar crass behavior. Killing, blowing things up, greed. Duke was the pinnacle. Are you a gamer?

i'm down with killing and blowing things up but i'll pass on the pauly shore fratboy bullshit humor.

i can pop my evil dead dvd in anytime i want a dose of duke's highly unique personality.

This comment was edited on May 14, 2009, 12:10.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Details
5. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 11:56 Nucas

i kind of liked the enemy respawns, honestly. it added a frenetic nature to combat since it deterred holing up in a single location to deplete enemies and encouraged always advancing past obvious respawn locations. kept the action level high. they'll have to spiff up the ai to compensate.

no co-op isn't really a surprise to me, i'd have been more surprised if they put it in. the world does need more co-op shooters, though.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed May 14, 2009, 09:04 Nucas

i think popular culture just cycles between style and grit. claiming one side of the coin is "dead" is asinine.

never really was a duke nukem fan, though. it's kind of the extreme (moronic) end of one spectrum.

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 In Production
48. Re: Call of Duty 7 In Production May 14, 2009, 04:30 Nucas

i just realized the curse of odd iterations sucking transferred from star trek to call of duty.  

News Comments > More DNF Media?
24. Re: More DNF Media? May 12, 2009, 04:26 Nucas

hellbinder scores another win.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2009, 13:33 Nucas

i saw star trek last night and found it to be average in all respects. i'm not a trek fan, really, so i can only really judge it as a sci fi movie. it was very jj abrams - feed the criteria for scifi movie into a fucking computer and film the necessary elements it supplies (another stupid fucking time travel story? do we have to?)

it did have likable characters and performances though chris pine's kirk doesn't make my own list. what a stupid douchebag.

i found it enjoyable enough to catch on hbo and guess i'm being harsher than i might otherwise be based on the ridiculous glowing praise.

News Comments > Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie?
25. Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2 Movie? May 10, 2009, 05:14 Nucas

All that stopping and going and really ruined the experience.

that's a complaint i hear a lot but i thought the game's pacing was flawless, personally. i liked that parts demonstrated how an unequipped but capable person could navigate a seemingly impossible environment, like the atrium that required you to climb five stories straight up an incomplete building without stairs or ladders.

i really hope they make a second one and actually incorporate a good story this time. the first game's only real flaw for me was how seriously it took it's shitty fucking plot. instead of focusing on the illegal information network, runners, the elements of their fucking game world, they had to do the godawful 1984 thing. at least they remembered to name their characters even if they didn't get to personalities.

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo