Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2010, 13:29 Nucas

i wa hoping this was going to be a new google earth feature like the flight simulator.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 This Fall
37. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 This Fall Apr 9, 2010, 17:31 Nucas

this sounds so awful it can't be real, but it's not april 1st.  

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Apr 9, 2010, 17:04 Nucas

OH MY GOD IT'S TOTALLY GOING TO RUIN THIS GAME I'VE NEVER PLAYED AND DON'T REALLY HAVE ANYTHING BUT CONJECTURE ABOUT  

News Comments > Fired Editor Alleges Rockstar Review Pressure
1. Re: Fired Editor Alleges Rockstar Review Pressure Apr 7, 2010, 10:34 Nucas

ground floor:
game journalism.

it's like 1960s las vegas. everybody knows what's going on.

News Comments > April Fooling 2010, Part 5
4. Re: File Info: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Apr 5, 2010, 01:04 Nucas

banddirector wrote on Apr 4, 2010, 16:52:
So what's in the actual file? I don't want to take the time to dl it ....
handily, from the planet half life april fools roundup:

"FilePlanet tweeted that the Duke Nukem Forever demo had been released. The zip in the linked download contained some old .wav files of classic Duke voices."

News Comments > Joe Kucan on C&C's Improv
1. Re: Joe Kucan on C&C's Improv Mar 27, 2010, 02:33 Nucas

i don't think anybody is surprised by that.  

News Comments > Half-Life Pulse Detected
8. Re: Half-Life Pulse Detected Mar 27, 2010, 01:44 Nucas

Pigeon wrote on Mar 27, 2010, 00:26:
Come HL2 you're Gordon Freeman fucking force of nature, so bad ass some crazy alien had to keep you in suspended animation until he decides to unleash you on his enemies. And then mow through countless monsters, super-troops and giant bug mechas until you end up blowing up an entire city in a massive explosion. Things felt tense as Gordon in HL2 but never scary because you're Gordon Freeman Destroyer of Worlds.

on monday i single handedly repelled an extensive military incursion, invaded an alternate dimension and slew an alien race's supreme commander. the on tuesday...

News Comments > On Mouse DPI
18. Re: On Mouse DPI Mar 25, 2010, 06:29 Nucas

Rigs wrote on Mar 25, 2010, 03:51:
I swear by my 6-year-old Logitech MX518...there have been nicer looking and fancier mice out there, but none can beat it in my opinion, and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg either. Goes up to 1600dpi (which I almost never use) and DPI is switchable with two buttons on the top and bottom of the mousewheel and configured in the Logi mouse app (but you don't need the app to use the mouse)...really, what more do you need?

complete agreement. i've been using the 518 since it's release and am still satisfied with it. five buttons, three adjustable sensitivity settings at the hardware level (don't need to install any software to do it). mouse technology really hasn't progressed enough for me to want anything else.

all i can comment on razer about is that i use a razer lycosa keyboard (what can i say, i like shit that lights up but is cheap/light enough to sling around) and have been satisfied with the service they provide. the keyboard's backlighting started to dim and the buttons got finnicky, so i contacted razer and (three years after it's warranty expired) they sent me a new one, without demanding i ship the old one back. how often does that happen anymore?

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide
42. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 25, 2010, 06:23 Nucas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 25, 2010, 05:16:
The problem is that DRM mostly affects the users least likely to pirate games. And pirates just download a crack that bypasses it all anyway. I've never understood why publishers like to piss off the few people still buying their games.

executive meddling, the same thing that ruins every other media. detached corporate "management" bureaucrats act on the behalf of completely clueless investors who don't know shit about what they've sunk money into, aside from demanding "do whatever it takes to keep the cattle from stealing!!"

it's not like one or even a handful of people make this decision. corporate bureaucracy has resulted in a long chain of highly paid known-nothings trying to pass responsibility to someone else. nothing gets done and horrible decisions are made.

christ, i don't miss that world.

News Comments > F.3.A.R. Revealed?
28. Re: F.3.A.R. Revealed? Mar 25, 2010, 05:45 Nucas

fear 2's combat really paled next to the first one, namely because the fucking god they had coding ai got another job in the interim between games. otherwise i thought it was pretty decent, definitely worth the 20 bucks i paid for it. fantastic atmosphere, they really honed their craft between fear and condemned. the ending made me feel dirty. rather looking forward to round 3.  

News Comments > Violent Game Talk
11. Re: Violent Game Talk Mar 22, 2010, 18:29 Nucas

do they still pay lip service to this in europe? seems like this is an ambulance chaser about eight years late to the accident.

the last instance i can even recall in america was the shocking coverage of MASS EFFECT - ALIEN SEX SIMULATOR three years ago and even that was a blip. i imagine too many people own x-boxes now to risk calling gamers disgusting monsters anymore.

News Comments > Indie Fund Launches
1. Re: Indie Fund Launches Mar 2, 2010, 21:23 Nucas

i've never heard of Off-Road Velociraptor Safari but i must have it.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch
3. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 15:58 Nucas

did they ever fix their ridiculous "widescreen" implementation?  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates
6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Updates Feb 26, 2010, 20:38 Nucas

isn't the projected release for this like fucking 2011? it feels like fucking carpetbombing, the amount of media they're releasing for something so far down the pipes.  

News Comments > Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment in Chapter 11
1. Re: Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment in Chapter 11 Feb 20, 2010, 14:46 Nucas

surprise!  

News Comments > Richard Garriott Returns to Gaming
19. Re: Richard Garriott Returns to Gaming Feb 17, 2010, 17:28 Nucas

maybe he and john romero can put something together.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Feb 17, 2010, 12:05 Nucas

i'm getting mavav flashbacks.  

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Free This Weekend
3. Re: Shattered Horizon Free This Weekend Feb 17, 2010, 11:48 Nucas

it does require windows vista/7, which turned me off back during that holiday sale. been meaning to upgrade, have the disk right behind me, but it's still a matter of "eh."  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 16, 2010, 16:28 Nucas

n0slet wrote on Feb 15, 2010, 23:46:
Maybe with the success of Stargate Universe we'll get to see some more enthusiasm from developers into making some good solid SG games.

i hate to be the one to say it, but what success? it was one of the worst rated shows on the syfy channel when it aired. i loved sg-1, liked atlantis, but universe is just.. i don't even know where to start. i had to apologize to the people i watched the premiere with, it was so awful.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Stargate Resistance Feb 15, 2010, 19:58 Nucas

i recall reading they only even produced this to fund their continued development of their doomed mmo. this license really deserves better treatment. rescind it from these douchebags and hire a real company already.  

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo