Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 332 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 23, 2010, 23:34 Nucas

paypal is "confidant they can retain their competitive edge", are they? how's that, by adopting ethical fucking practices for the first time in their history?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed May 23, 2010, 23:30 Nucas

hitman has honestly been my favorite movie translation to date. i thought it was very true to the character, the plot was suitably hitman (some nonsensical crap in eastern europe) and the action was very servicable. and olga kurylenko is unbelievably hot.

max payne's trailer looked incredible and i had high hopes for it but it's pacing was all over the place. it had a lot of great ideas though (i loved how they handled valkyr and it's effects). too bad there was no vlad. and olga kurylenko is unbelievably hot.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
1. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 22, 2010, 21:20 Nucas

people sure are talking up this "diaspora" thing, especially since it's nothing but vapor right now.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 "Point Man" Trailer
23. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 May 20, 2010, 05:34 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on May 20, 2010, 04:00:
I think the series has been milked quite enough. One game is fine. We didn't need two expansion packs, a sequel, DLC for that sequel and now another sequel.

the only monolith (and, to me anyway, that means the only ones that actually matter) fear games we got were 1 and 2. i feel like 2 is a pretty natural extension of the plot, and the dlc was intriguing. the core monolith property is pretty tight and self contained, i think.

it all feels very much like a trilogy to me, unless you're going to try to convince yourself the end of the first game was somehow not left open. but unfortunately we'll never know what was supposed to happen since we're getting another third party perseus mandate shitfest (day 1 just does not have the pedigree to produce fear 3. oh, they're getting john carpenter to help them. that's great.

i'd love to know what's going on at monolith that allowed this to happen. are they really working on something better, or did their corporate masters pull the rug out on a good property yet again?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Flash creator wades into Apple debate May 19, 2010, 19:52 Nucas

zirik wrote on May 19, 2010, 17:40:
a guy who no longer gets involved with the technology he co-authored rings in on the debate? nice.

i rolled my eyes at that too but he does make good points about apple's attempts to bend the internet to their proprietary designs. they apparently changed their developer terms of service to specifically prevent flash apps from being developed on the iphone.

though he probably has his own agenda, i'm sure, i find myself agreeing with his points. proprietary doesn't do anyone any good. anyone not wearing a suit and attending apple shareholder meetings, anyway.

News Comments > John Romero Interview
16. Re: John Romero Interview May 19, 2010, 19:32 Nucas

There are far more fucked up and unhealthy relationships in this world than railing on Romero's marriage.
hey, if you say so.

anyway, romero takes the view that modders should pursue a course that soley constitutes free value-adds to strengthen developers, that they're "supposed to be helping" them. says who? fuck that. modding a game is an efficient course to pursue your own creativity and agenda. his comments are incredibly condescending.

the ESRB as an organization is either too incompetent to understand that games can't be judged for third party content that must be actively sought out, or are too spineless to refuse reclassification in the face of ill-informed controversy. in either event, bethesda can blame the ESRB for being incapable of properly exercising it's responsibilities. while i would agree that "nude mods" are rather pathetic i feel it's entirely secondary, just a smokescreen to the actual aforementioned issue.

romero has been taking shots from the sidelines of an industry he left in disgrace for years. he has no right to criticize the work of others. he may have been a great support designer at id but he's capably demonstrated he doesn't have what it takes to carry a team, manage a company or design a game by himself.

In the end his life has been 10x more interesting and successful than the ass-hats that just talk trash about someone they don't even know.
right, right.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 19, 2010, 18:56 Nucas

not for the first time. zuckerberg has stumbled in various directions over the years in his desperate bid to monetize facebook. i still recall a few years ago when they attempted to stealthily change the terms of service to claim ownership of all photos and updates users posted. that didn't last long either when people caught on.  

1. Re: Morning Metaverse May 18, 2010, 16:54 Nucas

UPDATE: Brixx has posted a statement about the incident on their official Facebook page. Scroll down to read it.

what strange times we live in.

14. Re: John Romero Interview May 18, 2010, 16:32 Nucas

played it, did you? are.. you sure? in my experience, people who say "LOL FROGS" never did, since they were a rarely encountered enemy in the first episode (of 4, but.. i'm sure you knew that. right?) only, but it was a popular point for THE INTERNET!! to parrot.

i bought it at release and enjoyed it. also bought copies for my friends when it quickly plummeted to 5 dollars, since it has a competent co-op implementation (though we still havn't actually finished a full game)

i like daikatana and used to respect romero until his behavior became outlandish and offensive.

that last one, his railing against modders as "screwups" was when i realized "hey, maybe this guy is an asshole after all".

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization May 18, 2010, 10:19 Nucas

i wonder if their ceo's are sufficiently sequestered from reality to actually believe that, or if it's just the agenda they're touting in their legal bid to destroy that guy's life.

probably both.

12. Re: John Romero Interview May 18, 2010, 10:02 Nucas

john romero reminisces about the glory days, news at 11.

i wonder if he's still married to that 18 year old romanian girl that is younger than his own daughter.

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
122. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 18, 2010, 09:58 Nucas

wow, they've chanted their excuse to their stockholders (who demand consistent quarterly profit increases like every bubble economy fuckhead) so much they've actually started to believe their own bullshit.  

News Comments > ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Interview
14. Re: ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Interview May 16, 2010, 06:15 Nucas

i just finished gothic 4, except piranha bytes named it Risen. really enjoyed it, can't wait for risen 2.

i'd be surprised if it wasn't just their adapted design doc for gothic 4. it even takes place after "a dark wizard cast the gods out of the world", i thought it was pretty blatant.

i recall reading several years ago, like back when gothic 2 was coming out, that they had planned out 8 games in the series. and nothings going to stop them, it seems, not even a publisher claiming the rights to the name of their environment.

also, from the interview:
"North American gamers (and not specifically RPG gamers) would tend to look for the short term reward to spark engagement. European gamers are more methodical in how they appreciate a new experience."

i guess we're just too fat and stupid! what an asshole.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2010, 11:44.

2. Re: Morning Mobilization May 12, 2010, 07:13 Nucas

the nexus one doesn't impress anymore. the htc incredible on verizon has already surpassed it.  

News Comments > Stargate Resistance Patched
1. Re: Stargate Resistance Patched May 12, 2010, 07:05 Nucas

i find it admirable that they're still patching this game with their company dissolving around them.  

News Comments > Safety Dance
1. Re: Safety Dance Apr 21, 2010, 08:39 Nucas

i'm on my third palm pre since i bought my first one.. two weeks ago. what a piece of garbage.  

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 21, 2010, 06:03 Nucas

Hump wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 19:27:
people are still believing that the phone in question was "lost"?
considering apple has never in their history stooped to something this retarded for marketing? let alone just for a fourth generation of an existing device. of course it was lost. it's apple. they don't need to resort to this for any reason. everyone wants to know everything about their latest crap right now. or do you think they were just going to drop their newest device in bars until it finally fell into the right hands? accidents happen every day. sometimes we hear about them.

though apparently every time we hear about them is because it's all an elaborate conspiracy.

people are far too willing to assume every corporation or government is hyper-competent and incapable of mistakes. give me a break. 'lol.'

i'm sure other apple employees will be pissed at this moron for fucking it up for all of them since i imagine field tests for the select few are now canceled in perpetuity.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Downfall Meme DMCA'd Apr 21, 2010, 05:22 Nucas

Will ‘cloud music’ finally kill the CD?
just like radio did.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Trailers
3. Re: Alpha Protocol Trailers Apr 21, 2010, 05:05 Nucas

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Apr 20, 2010, 17:19:
Damn, this game seems to become uglier by the video :\
it always was, and the ridiculous art doesn't help at all.

i really don't know about this game. the way it presents itself is dead-serious, but it has goofy ass character designs like the tank top wearing chick holding a belt fed machine gun in the above video. i've liked obsidian's games in the past but i don't know what they're trying to do here; and it's graphics were only average a year and a half ago, when they first delayed it. now, they're a liability.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2010, 13:29 Nucas

i wa hoping this was going to be a new google earth feature like the flight simulator.  

332 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo