Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 334 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 26, 2010, 04:00 Nucas

Mark wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 22:59:
So much effort and time goes in to manufacturing these things, but there's the mindset that you can destroy it because it's your money and you own it. (Which seems reasonable I suppose.)
i think the suicides at the foxconn factory that makes iphones peaked in the 20s so far this year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2010, 05:44 Nucas

ah, quake.. wind howling beneath a purple sky, the rise of internet deathmatch..

sometimes i feel weird that what i look back on fondly as "the good old days" chiefly concern my exploits in virtual worlds, killing thousands.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
7. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 23, 2010, 02:38 Nucas

Xoxotl wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 09:41:
“American Hero”? “Poor Kid”? Pffft.

Dirtbag’s a criminal and no better then a spy. Through his actions (which weren’t just a one-time-thing or something on a lark, this was a long-term plan on his part) he may have put the safety and lives of his fellow servicemen and women at risk.

If you’re political opposed to the conflict in Afghanistan or Iraq, don’t join the Armed Forces in the first place. He wasn’t drafted. He chose his own fate. His wasn’t manipulated into anything.

He deserves a fair trial. And if he’s guilty, he should spend the rest of his life breaking big rocks into smaller rocks in a military prison for a very, very long time.

you don't exist.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status
29. Re: Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status Jun 23, 2010, 02:36 Nucas

Verno wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 15:49:
Unlike either of those games, this games flawed parts never combine to make a decent title. The shitty voice acting, embarrassingly bad combat system and caveman stealth never come together and become enjoyable. This game is a design disaster that deserved to be better and it's a shame it never will be.
i felt this way at first and was ready to put it down for good, but once you get past the intro levels of saudi arabia i think the game really comes into it's own. i feel it's a combo of the "raw" gameplay without skills or abilities fucking sucks mixed with saudia arabia being really poorly designed and not the best showcase for the game's strengths.

i also thought the voice acting was very good, the cast has several industry vets. thorton himself annoys me sometimes with his utter blandness but he fucking aces some fantastic lines. no different than shepard from mass effect, really.

it does make me wonder what the FUCK obsidian was doing with the 10 month delay. were they working on it that whole time, or just sitting on it to avoid competition? and if they were really working on it, how big a mess was it before? this could have been your mainstream fucking breakout, you stupid bastards.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Legal Briefs Jun 21, 2010, 17:36 Nucas

that's not too surprising since once you're in, the military owns you body and soul.

i don't know how i feel about the alleged "260,000" diplomatic cables but this guy was doing a public service and adrian lamo is a fucking disgrace. this 22 year old kid now potentially faces life imprisonment or execution for treason (OHH HOW TERRIBLE I GUESS I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT IT fucking blithering retard, god he's just so fucking clueless it makes my head spin).

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?
7. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 21, 2010, 17:23 Nucas

HAY GUYS SORRY WE KILLED OUR OWN PLATFORM BY BUYING ALL THE GAMES FOR THE XBOX HERES A CONSOLE PORT!!! WERE SAVING THE DAY DONT WORRY GUYS!!!!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 21, 2010, 17:19 Nucas

Quboid wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 15:55:
Imagine a company not wanting its employees telling customers how to pay less. As far as I can tell, employees aren't to suggest a customer cuts an extra that they're paying for but don't use. I would sooner call the customers idiots for needing to be told before calling the company any more greedy than companies big and small throughout the world.
did you even read the article? verizon doesn't even want their csr's to tell the customer they can get credits for services they discontinue, they have to be implicitly requested. they are also to never suggest discontinuing a service, even if they know it's superfluous.

you suggest we blame customers because they're "too stupid" to avoid being lied to and deliberately misled, by a company they're paying to provide them with service?

News Comments > Safety Dance
3. Re: Safety Dance Jun 21, 2010, 17:07 Nucas

i'd always disliked lieberman but could never really remember why. having read the article from 2000 blue posted i recall that was the reason, his and gore's promising a bandwagon moral panic crusade against bad stuff as a campaign issue.

"We need this capacity in a time of war. We need the capacity for the president to say, 'Internet service provider, we've got to disconnect the American Internet from all traffic coming in from another foreign country, or we have to put a patch on this part of it'."
why, exactly? miss the good old days where the military complex controlled the flow of propaganda news from the front? it's not like america at large even cares about the videos on wikileaks demonstrating american soldiers perpetrating frequent murder of civilians, don't sweat it so much joe.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status
2. Re: Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status Jun 21, 2010, 16:55 Nucas

i could be off base but it sounds like sega's strategy is to just get one patch out the door and be done with it.  

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
36. Re: Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD Jun 20, 2010, 17:37 Nucas

bobby kotick literally epitomizes why the economy went in the shitter: the expectation-- no, the demand of profit increases every quarter, no matter the cost.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jun 19, 2010, 23:47 Nucas

Even though Apple has confirmed its five-year iPhone-exclusivity deal with AT&T (which doesn't expire until 2012), rumors of the iPhone coming to Verizon Wireless later this year have resurfaced.
thus did they render their whole article pointless with their opening sentence.

News Comments > Arcania: Gothic 4 Trailer
3. Re: Arcania: Gothic 4 Trailer Jun 17, 2010, 22:55 Nucas

tuddies wrote on Jun 17, 2010, 22:07:
Risen 2 will actually be Gothic 4. This is just Gothic 3.5 and has nothing to do with Piranha Bytes.
risen 2 will be gothic 5. risen was gothic 4. the story even picks right up after "a dark wizard cast the gods out of the world", it's hilariously blatant.
this isn't gothic 3.5, this is deceit and lies.

News Comments > Fallout Online Beta Signups
8. Re: Fallout Online Beta Signups Jun 16, 2010, 13:36 Nucas

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 16, 2010, 12:23:
I think that they are rushing it so that they can keep the rights to make it. For some reason the judge decided against Bethesda. (Copious bribes?)

they've been "rushing it" since literally 2004.

News Comments > FreeJack Announced
10. Re: FreeJack Announced Jun 11, 2010, 01:24 Nucas

space captain wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 21:39:
dont do it furlong, you'll never make it!
i don't want another body, vacendek.. i want this one.

News Comments > FreeJack Announced
4. Re: FreeJack Announced Jun 10, 2010, 20:56 Nucas

Hump wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 20:27:
Obviously this has nothing to do with the cheesey-yet-entertaining Emilio Estevez vehicle from the '80's
and then i stopped caring.

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 10, 2010, 18:05 Nucas

Alamar wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 16:12:
I have a choice as a customer? Crazy thought...
if you're still using your moto razr, sure. i don't know of any current major carrier that lets you activate a smart phone without a data plan.

your imminent "choice" as a customer is to be extorted, or not use a smart phone.

i've been thinking for two years that this belief that "cloud computing" is the future is fairy tale shit at best. tiered pricing is the future and at the moment the rates are price gouging. 200 megs a month? i've gone over that with my droid just running software and app updates for fucks sake.

News Comments > FPS Manifesto
20. Re: FPS Manifesto Jun 10, 2010, 16:43 Nucas

oh, good to know these crusading children are making the world a better place.

"anti-cheat out of the box" is an especially horrible idea, the implementations are always half assed or invasive. and if you're valve, there's always the chance you get banned and never know why because it's no questions asked, thanks for your money, feel free to register a new steam account. i think that's something better left to third parties.

games don't get made for pc users anymore. that sucks, but it means the shit on this list is a thing of the past. which is too bad, because i fucking hate matchmaking.

News Comments > Portal 2 Delayed
35. Re: Portal 2 Delayed Jun 9, 2010, 19:10 Nucas

oh no, look out verno! he said it's only a game and you need to get a life! he can't be beaten!

I'm fairly certain that their use of "an historic" just triggered my violent vomiting a few minutes ago. I now have broken blood vessels in my cheeks.
good to know i'm know the only one. recently people have started adopting this wholesale because the english do it and therefore it must be proper! in america, we actually pronounce our H's.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2010, 19:15.

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 7, 2010, 13:11 Nucas

add that to the list of conferences gizmodo is banned from. they were banned for life from CES for walking through the conference in 08 and shutting off presenter's tv with a tv-b-gone while video taping it. and yet they still insist they're "journalists" and should be protected by shield laws after buying a stolen iphone.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jun 3, 2010, 22:18 Nucas

i'm really liking alpha protocol so far but if i had to choose, it would be mass effect 2 purely for fit and finish, so to speak. me2 is a very high quality production.
it's too early for me to say for sure but i'd say alpha protocol fits the bill for obsidian. ambitious design and substandard mechanics.

334 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo