Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2012, 22:56 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:49:
He's a pinball wizard there has to be a twist!
what makes him so good?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2012, 12:36 Nucas

Bhruic wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 12:02:
Creston wrote on Dec 13, 2012, 11:20:
Since it's got a link here, how on earth did so many people like the Dark Knight Rises? It was probably the most boring movie I watched in the last five years or so.

I somewhat universally heard the movie described as a great ending for the trilogy, but a mediocre movie in general. I'm not even sure I'd agree with the former, but certainly with the latter. Too many gaping plot holes (you only listed a few, there are many more as I'm sure you're aware) to like the story.

i thought the movie was too long by 30 minutes at least, but it paid off in the last 15 or so. the actual ending was great.

towards the beginning when the big plot device seemed to be a fusion device i found myself thinking "yeah right, that's impossible" and then had to remind myself i was watching a movie about a billionaire vigilante asskicker and maybe i should think less. this attitude served me well in staying awake for the next 3 hours.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
15. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 00:12 Nucas

Dades wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 22:12:
Stolk wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 21:43:
A lot of people like it, including me. I usually leave it on the desktop and rarely see the new Windows 8 interface, but it is indeed a fast and surprisingly problem free OS, for me. This is just elitist tech geeks trying their best to give it a bad name.

You're using Windows 7 with an annoying tablet interface bolted onto it that you manage to ignore and very minor under the hood changes. Stop trying to deceive yourself that you're somehow blazing a new path that "tech elitist geeks" somehow don't understand. Of course it's problem free, its based almost entirely on Windows 7 which has years of stability testing. This is not an accomplishment! It has nothing to do with "hating", it's an operating system, not a band. Instead of people being elitist tech geeks maybe others just have really low standards.

just as 7 was built on a foundation of vista before, and xp was the evolution of win2k, itself the evolution of NT.. these are weird arguments and deliberately attempt to marginalize what are nothing but positive additions present in windows 8.

storage spaces, tickless kernel, rewritten memory heap, security obviously a priority in just looking at memory management alone - all this for 40 dollars, and somehow the ones with the blinders off are the people who obstinately refuse to consider an upgrade, because...?

News Comments > Dishonored DLC Next Month
16. Re: Dishonored DLC Next Month Nov 27, 2012, 14:56 Nucas

i'll hold off until the DLC focusing on Daud. MORE UPDATES AS EVENTS WARRANT  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 23:49 Nucas

Ant wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 19:45:
I don't. My grandparents don't.
hahahaha don't take this the wrong way buddy, but there's just something funny about grouping yourself with your grandparents to justify a technology decision, maybe it's just me

News Comments > Op Ed
81. Re: Op Ed Nov 25, 2012, 17:48 Nucas

Axis wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:29:
IRS data proves the rich pay 4 times the percentage rate compared to middle class earners.
you keep saying this like you're making a devastating point but i must ask, "so?" it's very difficult to trudge through your barely concealed superiority and i am engaging you just because i feel someone should, lest you think you "won" and not that everyone else here is just tired of your conceited bullshit.

ps. CELEBRATE JOB CREATORS

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 25, 2012, 17:36 Nucas

that's fucking creeeepy.

raising kids to accept that their movements and activities are monitored at all times has no positive endgame.

well, not for the kids. i imagine the prospect of a controllable citizenry excites more than one power broker.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Nov 24, 2012, 23:32 Nucas

i use comodo cleaning essentials for this task, bascially the same thing. on the fly scanner that downloads definitions on demand. running this, TDSSKiller, etc periodically i think of as a good supplement to real-time anti-virus solutions. nothing is foolproof.  

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
8. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 14:03 Nucas

Draugr wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 14:01:
Vulkan wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:55:
why exactly? tv's and monitors have (generally) the same aspect ratio. i'm assuming it's "correct" because console hardware is incapable of handling a normal FOV.

It's because you're generally sitting farther away from the screen.

Actually it's because they want console games to run at a decent frame rate, so they give the screen less to draw through a lower fov.

this was my assumption.

News Comments > Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs
26. Re: Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs Nov 22, 2012, 13:57 Nucas

Trainwreck wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 11:46:
Completely agreed; BadIronTree is correct. You can't take photos of sensitive military hardware, period. This isn't hypocrisy; it's about lives and military effectiveness. You SO NOT have the right to photograph military bases because it can provide adversaries, enemies, or terrorists with information about current operations as well as potential vulnerabilities. If you don't like that, boo fucking hoo. Cry me a river and tell me how you're being oppressed because you can't help others to assault the military.

you are assuming a high amount of common sense on the part of the greek military and government in terms of the supposed severity of these photos. you're also assuming that the developers have somehow completely brought this upon themselves, "because the government wouldn't do anything to them if they didn't deserve it!". does the greek government deserve this benefit of the doubt? no.

i also think it's funny that you've made the jump to these czech video game makers assisting in an assault on the military, that's some ridiculous hyperbole, particularly as the area they were in is a demilitarized zone.

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2012, 14:02.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
4. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 13:52 Nucas

coldcut wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:50:
deqer wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:28:
lol. fuck these newer generation games.

back in the day, in the 90s, quake 1 was released and had a console and gave you all the commands you could ever want to configure it. guess what one of those commands was? yup. fov.

people used fov 90, 100, 110, and 120. whatever they wanted.

go fuck yourselves, next-gen developers.
I generally agree with you, but the problem is not in all "newer generation games", it's solely (shitty) caused by Consoles to PC ports, because for consoles, a lower FOV is correct.

why exactly? tv's and monitors have (generally) the same aspect ratio. i'm assuming it's "correct" because console hardware is incapable of handling a normal FOV.

News Comments > Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs
11. Re: Czech President Pleads for Jailed BiS Devs Nov 22, 2012, 00:50 Nucas

damn decent of him. well crafted letter, as well.  

News Comments > Black Ops II's $500MM Launch
38. Re: Black Ops II's $500MM Launch Nov 16, 2012, 19:05 Nucas

Umbragen wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 18:31:
Oliver North can go fuck himself.

That is all.

is this guy in the game at all beyond 30 seconds in the first non-interactive cinematic you watch, wherein he is introduced as "colonel north"?

i heard all this uproar about it and was expecting some egregious appearance with someone who is unmistakably "oliver north" but didn't notice it until i decided to replay the campaign half way through.

unfortunately i still hate the campaign just as much the second attempt through it.. first call of duty i've bought i haven't been able to finish. pure bullshit.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
21. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 14, 2012, 19:40 Nucas

RollinThundr wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 17:35:
Like I said, you live in a fantasy world where...

so stupid and stubborn. i can't even muster pity because you don't want to learn, you want to hate. does it feel good? is it fulfilling?

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
58. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 21:10 Nucas

Overon wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 20:37:
I am still waiting for those dx 10 using games to come out and they are talking about dx 11.1?

more or less what i was thinking.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
13. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 12, 2012, 00:26 Nucas

mag wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 00:21:
Narf2029 wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 23:28:
I decided Win 8 was a failure once I started seeing the upgrade packs at a lower price than student editions of Win 7. I think the local Micro Center is selling Win 8 upgrade packs for like $40. If they get any cheaper they might as well give them away.

That was the launch price, not a price cut due to poor sales. Preemptively priced, expecting poor sales, maybe. But, not indicative of actual sales.

i think MS appreciates they need to get as many people onboard as possible or they're fucked.

among our demographic uptake isn't exactly skyrocketing, but 2% is honestly a lot more than i expected for october considering it was only available for 5 days.

News Comments > THQ in Default on Credit Line
19. Re: THQ in Defaults on Credit Line Nov 12, 2012, 00:20 Nucas

ViRGE wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 22:31:
Nucas wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 21:28:
i'd heard rumors that THQ had ended up with the freespace license.. wonder if it's true? maybe volition can finally sneak it back and.. and..
The last time I checked it was still Interplay's. In fact it's one of the few things Interplay holds that is of any value.
that is disappointing.

News Comments > One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux
38. Re: One More Nov 11, 2012, 21:39 Nucas

Smellfinger wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 10:34:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 05:49:
Carmack is an "irreverent one hit wonder"... what?

A more accurate description of Carmack and Romero would be 'talented developers who defined a genre but haven't produced anything of relevance since the 1990s'. Molyneux falls under the same description, more or less.

i wish carmack surrounded himself with more creative people.

News Comments > THQ in Default on Credit Line
15. Re: THQ in Defaults on Credit Line Nov 11, 2012, 21:28 Nucas

i'd heard rumors that THQ had ended up with the freespace license.. wonder if it's true? maybe volition can finally sneak it back and.. and..  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Nov 11, 2012, 21:25 Nucas

the "apps" he mentions are weather, travel, news and finance, which are just portal apps to web content, which is ad supported. you see ads if you go to bbc.co.uk or weather.com, too.  

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo