Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 5, 2010, 12:27 Nucas

that's got to be great marketing, really. our phones are so secure that oppressive governments the world over ban them for lack of ability to spy on their communications.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: News- THQ dismisses Modern Warfare's 'steroided-out flag waving' Aug 2, 2010, 22:48 Nucas

what empty attacks. yeah, i feel so very rah rah rah playing modern warfare 2's campaign considering the principal villain is a fucking american general.
Bilson told us that, in his view, parts of Modern Warfare 2 played like "being on a movie lot" and promised that Homefront would offer two things that Infinity Ward's shooter failed to - "emotion" and "violence with consequence".
i can agree with the "movie lot" assessment because it did go very cinematic in the sequel but, strangely, i considered that a strength and not a weakness. i bought call of duty, not operation flashpoint.

i don't know why i took such exception to that empty posturing. i guess that's all they really have considering the studio making it is the rasied-up mod team that produced fuel of war. all star pedigree sure to topple infinity ward, you heard it here first folks.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 30, 2010, 02:35 Nucas

palm's webos is absolutely the king of phones right now. too bad they packaged it in such abysmal hardware. i went through three in one month and got a droid incredible.

in other news, anything can be hacked and amazon still wishes the kindle was a sony ereader.

News Comments > Shogun 2 Trailer
4. Re: Shogun 2 Trailer Jul 30, 2010, 02:20 Nucas

space captain wrote on Jul 29, 2010, 23:45:
btw jade empire was garbage
..and set in chinese mythology. but it's all the same lol rite

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 12:49 Nucas

hard to say. it's not something i'd ever consider buying but espn has an all 3d channel now, the x-games are being broadcast in 3d, and now it doesn't cost theaters anything extra to play a 3d movie opposed to a normal one. if they ever deign to pass that saving on to moviegoers it may stick around for a while, though it's definitely something i'd consider pure novelty and kind of annoying.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 29, 2010, 01:19 Nucas

that was always the same shit i heard from vinyl douches when i ran a music store, "it sounds so warm maannnnnn." i now parse this as "i don't know shit about audio quality mannnn but teenage chicks love it when i put on hey monday on vinyl."

because mono sounds killer.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Jul 27, 2010, 21:54 Nucas

have people seriously convinced themselves splitscreen gaming is an asset? jesus.  

News Comments > BioWare: Console is "the Past"
4. Re: BioWare: Console is Jul 15, 2010, 01:18 Nucas

Razumen wrote on Jul 15, 2010, 01:09:
And well, lets face it, if you buy a console, you kind of are stuck in the past, because there is no serious way to upgrade its performance.
irrelevant, since major pc titles are co-developed with consoles in mind anyway (if they aren't just ports themselves). the limitations of consoles have ensured my gtx 260 has had more than enough muscle to run anything maxed out for like 2 years.

the pc hardware cycle is now indelibly tied to the console life cycle. we won't see any real jumps in graphics until the next console generation. this is fact, not conjecture.

News Comments > Raven Would "Love" a Singularity Sequel
8. Re: Raven Would Jul 8, 2010, 01:43 Nucas

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2010, 22:18:
That's an understatement. I'd go so far as to say they borrowed so much from Half Life and Bioshock that they should have called the game "Similarity".
what i find most ironic about this article is that raven even has a "creative director" since they've been making the same game over and over again since soldier of fortune.

it only took ten fucking years but i'm glad the internet finally caught on and took ravensoft's collective penis out of it's mouth.

News Comments > Irrational Guessing Game
9. Re: Irrational Guessing Game Jul 7, 2010, 19:33 Nucas

eXtreme paintbrawl 2.  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
2. Re: Iraq helicopter video Jul 7, 2010, 12:25 Nucas

just one reason why mcchrystal's "long term counter insurgency" plan was absolute horse shit from the start. professional soldiers are not professional police. the lack of precision being demonstrated in their attacks on "insurgents" has resulted in thousands of civilian casualties (what was it, 140 in garani alone when they bombed it?)

all our military has done is sow new hates that will last for decades more. obama should have listened to his vastly more experienced vice president when he told him "counter insurgency" was going to go this way.

brad manning was doing a public fucking service, showing the world what an utter cluster fuck american presence in iraq is, and now he's looking at 70 years. i hope people don't forget the one responsible for turning him in is adrian lamo because he needs to be remembered as a traitor.

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released
8. Re: Mass Effect 2 Aegis Pack Released Jul 7, 2010, 01:38 Nucas

Creston wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 18:27:
Avoid this like the plague, because the Incisor sniper rifle is a GARGANTUAN piece of shit in-game.

Creston

if it's the same as the preorder incisor that's just not true. it doesn't scale down it's damage when you put it on your squad like other guns do, which turns you into a death dealing wolf pack.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 6, 2010, 23:51 Nucas

it would never happen, anyway. how often is a star franchise entrusted to some filthy gaijin like us?

i'm not sure if i'd want it to happen regardless. chris avellone is one of the few people alive who i think would write a stellar fucking plot for it but the rest of obsidian needs to get their shit together and release a coherent game for once.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 5, 2010, 23:33 Nucas

last i heard, it was being directed by gore verbinski which sounds good to me. people thought his last movies would be a flop, too: the ones based on a disney ride about pirates, perhaps you've heard of them.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 25
5. Re: Fallujah Honor Jun 29, 2010, 07:35 Nucas

Charlie_Six wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 01:30:
People like the Afghanistan war. It's not very controversial. All the major Presidential candidates said they were fine with that war, for example.

Not so much with the Iraq war...

i'm not so sure. for instance, modern warfare takes place in unspecifiedistan, they were smart.

it's all about presentation. as long as medal of honor remains vaguely non-specific with it's battle, all is well. average folks know afghanistan is a current global hotspot in a general way.

"six days in fallujah" came right out swinging, even with it's name, claiming to be an accurate representation. when it comes to action shooters i feel like a certain amount of vaguery is necessary. when you're naming specific locations, battles and casualties it kind of feels exploitative. it's all especially weird when i can still hide to regenerate my health.

News Comments > Safety Dance
6. Re: Safety Dance Jun 29, 2010, 07:14 Nucas

my gmail is linked to my youtube account and i do not see any such panel, only one for youtube's message system.

the article is inflammatory and empty anyway; it basically says "if you let someone use your computer while you're logged into services, they can access them too! whomg"

everyone trying to cash in on the current facebook-fueled privacy hysteria.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2010, Part 25
2. Re: It Came from E3 2010, Part 25 Jun 28, 2010, 17:50 Nucas

i'd like to hear how pc gaming "won" when all of those titles are ports or cross-developed except the 2 rts games.

i love gaming on my pc but these articles always come across as so desperate and pathetic.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jun 28, 2010, 04:00 Nucas

jesus christ, now that is some detail. i've never even been to the adventurer's club.  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 28, 2010, 03:56 Nucas

the only people i personally know anymore who use icq are from eastern europe.

i havn't used it since probably 2003 but i still remember my number.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 26, 2010, 04:00 Nucas

Mark wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 22:59:
So much effort and time goes in to manufacturing these things, but there's the mindset that you can destroy it because it's your money and you own it. (Which seems reasonable I suppose.)
i think the suicides at the foxconn factory that makes iphones peaked in the 20s so far this year.

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo