Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Nov 18, 2010, 16:18 Nucas

PHJF wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 15:49:
OK, most games don't have "good" writing. The only game I've ever completed for story's sake alone was Dreamfall.
and then it ends with a fucking terrible cliffhanger. excellent writing 101.

i did love that game, but that was infuriating.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Plague of Heroes: Point of Orifice Announced
2. Re: Plague of Heroes: Point of Orifice Announced Nov 18, 2010, 13:01 Nucas

it's stephen colbert's next book title.  

News Comments > PC Fable 3 Not Dead
7. Re: PC Fable 3 Not Dead Nov 17, 2010, 22:23 Nucas

time for microsoft to announce another "recommitment to pc gaming", it's been a few months since the last one.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 17, 2010, 01:18 Nucas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 16, 2010, 21:05:
Please can you use quotation marks around "analyst" if it refers to Pachter. Sadly enough I predicted it would be him when I heard such a ridiculous claim.
clearly, you should be a wedbush morgan analyst! your skills place you in austere company.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 17, 2010, 01:13 Nucas

was michael pachter actually right about something big at some point in the past? i'm just curious why anyone gives a shit about someone who is so consistently wrong.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 13, 2010, 17:45 Nucas

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Nov 12, 2010, 23:08:
I still think it's funny we're bitching about sixty dollar games when they'd be $150 by now if they actually followed the inflation curve like everything else.

just like everything else, including the average hourly wage, right? that's tripled in the last 20 years, right?

News Comments > Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne
2. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 16:39 Nucas

nearly 13 years on and still no one has managed to release a single good goddamn game based on this property?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 11, 2010, 21:06 Nucas

i havn't seen anything about charges or fines for langdell. as of now it just seems he has to stop extorting. what about the profits he's already gained?  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 8, 2010, 11:39 Nucas

then hopefully charged and fined for fraud. i'd hate to see him keep the ill-gotten gains of his years long extortion.  

News Comments > Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com
25. Re: Icewind Dale Complete on GOG.com Oct 7, 2010, 21:49 Nucas

Hyatus wrote on Oct 6, 2010, 16:45:
Icewind Dale was alright, but Baldur's Gate was 10x better. Icewind Dale was more combat-oriented and had less story elements. At least the combat was hella-fun.
what i liked about icewind dale was how it did in fact have a variety of subplots all tied together by an overarching plot, but that it wasn't the focus of the game. that is, if you weren't paying attention, you could miss it. all the areas were very well fleshed out and intelligently tied together if you were interested enough in the story to look around.
(the elven archmage's daughter goes to dorn's deep to help the dwarves despite the sudden break in their relations despite being mutually beseiged by an orc horde, they build a hasty tomb honoring her.. and later you meet the dark elf responsible for selling dwarven weapons to the horde causing the schism between the two groups if you're attentive and ask intelligent questions.. and all of it engineered by the demon in the shadows pulling the strings, whose archnemesis you dispatch earlier in the game, and..)

that said, icewind dale was definitely about the combat. if you enjoy infinity engine combat, icewind dale is a must have, but don't say it doesn't have a story because you missed it. icewind dale was one of avellone's projects.

News Comments > FreeJack Demo
4. Re: FreeJack Demo Sep 11, 2010, 11:43 Nucas

The Magician wrote on Sep 11, 2010, 07:34:
I am SO glad there's at least one other person on earth that remembers, and possibly even enjoys that movie.
every time news for this game pops up, i'm excited, then disappointed when i realize it's not the real freejack. every single time.

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor
48. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 9, 2010, 00:46 Nucas

NKD wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 22:07:
Well he trolled Blue, that's for sure. LOL.
i don't really think the fact that blue deigned to respond to it constitutes him "being trolled".

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor
45. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 8, 2010, 21:21 Nucas

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 20:44:
Ever notice you never see Hellbinder and Jack Thompson at the same time?
hellbinder is the most exquisite troll on bluesnews in my opinion, even better since people always take his bait. just view it's posts for the precisely worded instigation they are (right down to the pseudo-ignorant misspelling, it really is masterful) and relax.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2010, 13:03 Nucas

this is the first labor day i've had off in like 8 years.  

News Comments > Interplay Returns to Publishing
10. Re: Interplay Returns to Publishing Sep 1, 2010, 15:34 Nucas

heroin wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 15:04:
If this company didn't totally suck already they'd be working on the next Planescape.
i doubt they have any d&d licenses anymore. it would suck without avellone writing it, anyway, and he works at obsidian now.

Doma wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 15:23:
Someone call Chris Avellone and tell him to stop working on turdburgers for Obsidian and make PST 2 already.

Wasting his awesomeness on crap like alpha protocol and new vegas :(
new vegas isn't even out yet. good to know in advance that it's not worth playing, though, thanks.
alpha protocol was also above average and worth getting but you probably didn't play that either.

News Comments > Legal Briefs
1. Re: Feds: No Charges In Pa. School Laptop-Spying Case. Aug 18, 2010, 11:54 Nucas

that's ridiculous, i still remember reading about recovered district employee emails literally saying "this is great, it's like our own little soap opera", sick fucks.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 11, 2010, 00:27 Nucas

Sepharo wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 23:54:
The game was to try to get you to think that.

Epic publicity stunt.

you're suggesting these governments put forth this ban at the behest of RIM, with language like "Today’s decision is based on the fact that, in their current form, certain BlackBerry services allow users to act without any legal accountability, causing judicial, social and national-security concerns"? i see little room for or need of "spin" in such a statement; in the case of the UAE, they didn't want blackberrys around because they couldn't spy on their communications.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 10, 2010, 23:52 Nucas

blackberry still rules the business world, and they're trying not to jeopardize that. recall that the blackberry was recently banned in the UAE and saudi arabia because it was literally too secure and it made those governments uncomfortable. that's quite a pedigree, especially for serious business.

they are however playing it too safe, i think. i don't think it's going to appeal to many new customers, though i've been surprised before.

News Comments > Did MW2 Crib From Homefront?
1. Re: Did MW2 Crib From Homefront? Aug 9, 2010, 11:19 Nucas

the only marketing about this game i've seen for weeks has been their attacks on modern warfare 2, all of which have struck me as incredibly petty. last week here they were whining about "modern warfare 2's steroided out flag waving".

i guess they rightly assumed that would get them more attention than "from the mod team that brought you 'fuel of war'..."

News Comments > More Irrational Teasing
1. Re: More Irrational Teasing Aug 9, 2010, 11:15 Nucas

i'll be sure to take the day off.  

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo