Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 342 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 30, 2011, 23:50 Nucas

PropheT wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 22:41:
Nothing they said was wrong, though I think the price point where it's at is high enough to make the rest of it not really matter. If they can bring the price down to really be a direct competitor to Apple's laptops, it's pretty impressive.
i think the point they were trying to make that console games look almost as good as pc games because of the hardware was retarded and approached backwards because they were trying to draw a specific conclusion. they're identical in appearance because they're designed for the console first and the pc second, after the code is in place and optimized for weaker hardware. that's the current MO. when that's not done, you get crysis.
another big weakness is DX9 still being the platform du jour because so many gamers still run XP, and i'm guilty of that too. the pc space is getting too fragmented. i agree with the sentiment that pc gaming literally is dying. it saddens me. i'd own a console myself if i could use a mouse and keyboard, contollers are bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
30. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:58 Nucas

MrBone wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 16:52:
To think people are getting gitty over this special message makes me question just what the heck you guys are doing with your lives. Come on man.
i know rite these fucken losers should be reading messages on the internet and ridiculing them lol

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
25. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 00:04 Nucas

commonperson wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 23:19:
And at this point either way that's hearsay. I know it's easy to point fingers at the "Evil big company" but right now it's all he said she said. One of the other need to pony up proof, actual proof to validate their case.
why? are we owed some explanation?

this is an internal matter; but internal or not, the intent is obvious: EA wants to make more money. just like when publishers switched to smaller boxes or when digital distribution took hold, the motivation has nothing to do with customer satisfaction. don't delude yourself.

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 00:01:
So why has Bioware turned into a giant pile of shit?
oh, that's good to know. i mean, it's news to me since all their games are still fantastic but i'll admit i've been out of the loop, replaying mass effect lately.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
8. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 17, 2011, 22:28 Nucas

lucifer thinks himself greater than god.  

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
32. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 14, 2011, 00:43 Nucas

Parias wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 17:07:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:15:
PL wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:04:
Interplay...haven't heard from them in a decade or so. Maybe a Free Space HD remake is next...
Already done:
http://scp.indiegames.us/

And still being updated to this day - very much worth playing.

Now, Freespace 3, on the other hand....

arguably, that's the Blue Planet modification.

also, parias, you bum! i should have known the only thing to draw you out of hiding would be a fucking freespace reference. i haven't seen you since planethalflife was a popular website.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 14, 2011, 00:30 Nucas

time to start watching RIM stock, i see it plummeting and surging in the face of a buyout like palm before it.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Anderson confirms he'll direct next Resident Evil movie… Aug 11, 2011, 05:12 Nucas

that sucks, the only one i liked so far was the one in the desert he didn't direct.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Epic: What's the point of next-gen consoles Aug 10, 2011, 17:42 Nucas

"I think the real challenge for us now is about how do we deal with iPhone 8,” he told IndustryGamers. “If you watch where the gamers are going that's where they are. Your iPhone 8 will probably plug into your TV, or better yet, wirelessly connect to your television set to give you that big screen gaming experience with good sound.

is this, like, a joke? or what? i just don't get it. or is he saying that the current customer base is unimportant to him because he's living off in his fucking fantasy world (it can't even be called 'the future')

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future
6. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 10, 2011, 00:02 Nucas

Icewind wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 22:50:
They lost me after DA2 and ME2 turned out to be console kiddie crap.
that's too bad for you. not playing ME2 is like some sort of gaming self-flagellation. does your god hear you? is he pleased? yet, mysteriously, you think NWN was one of their masterworks?

i also hope it's just developer claptrap when he says "we're listening to our core fans" because those people on the bio forums are absolutely fucking psychotic, like literally frightening people. i read a thread with a bunch of wikipedia chemists speculating what the character tali's sweat would taste like.

News Comments > Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
67. Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 7, 2011, 14:21 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 06:53:
Tim Langdell tried to do that with anything that had "Edge" in the title and he got laughed out of court.

Courts will acknowledge cases that involve blatant copyright infringement but they aren't going to defend frivolous copyright lawsuits for commonly used words.

to be fair that only just happened, after at least a decade of langdell making a decent living as a trademark troll. edge magazine had to pay him a "licensing fee" for their name, for example.

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
9. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 12:58 Nucas

voted number 4, but everyone seems to be voting for the blonde.  

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
57. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 24, 2011, 00:01 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 22:43:
I think you need to look up the definition of "identical." There are no models in Bulletstorm that are exactly the same as the ones in GoW. As I mentioned earlier, the armor styles are similar but similar != identical.

no neck dudes with bulky power armor are the epic trademark.

comparing this game to gears of war of all things does seem like a head scratcher, they should be comparing this to the original epic game with this visual style: unreal. that has the added benefit of actually being a first person shooter.

it makes me think the trolls in this thread aren't even putting forth the effort. in any case, i'm surprised you deign to respond to this bullshit.

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
7. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 23, 2011, 13:22 Nucas

they shot themselves in the foot on this one as far as i'm concerned. i would have bought it release day for 50 bucks, but not 60. then my interest in it waned the more i heard. i see it's plummeted to 25 bucks on amazon, but i'll still be waiting i think.  

News Comments > Black Prophecy NA Launches
6. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 19:16 Nucas

The Advocate wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:16:
I had the beta, launched it this morning to hopefully update it to the NA release, and it connected but it still appears to connect to the beta site.

Nucas, did you get the download as part of registering for it or from a direct link?

you get the download link in from the confirmation email from registration. the download came in several 1.5 gig chunks.

News Comments > Black Prophecy NA Launches
1. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 11:32 Nucas

i actually felt like giving this game a try, i'm surprised by how fucking huge it is, 7.5 gigs in download files.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2011, 20:27 Nucas

i haven't seen one of these in years, and i work for sony. i didn't know we still made these.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Jun 17, 2011, 04:13 Nucas

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 15:46:
The funny thing is, all that engine needed is a slight shader upgrade to DX9 and DX10 levels, and it'd look better than the crap they put out now.

Yeah polycounts were low, but in turn you could have had hundreds of active npcs, huge scale battles, massive carnage and stuff like that. Its really befuddling why they scrapped that version.

Or for that matter, why didn't gearbox not simply grab the Frostbite engine or the Geomod 2 engine ? At least then you'd have proper destruction and physics... argh, the madness

this comment is brilliant commentary on the state of the game's development, hopefully deliberate.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 17, 2011, 04:09 Nucas

zirik wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 17:44:
InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 10:19:
because the school system has gone to shit and because only the richest can afford the best schools (In Europe and the USA at least)

ignorance. you have no idea how many foreign students come from asia to study science and engineering in the united states. and they dont necessarily go to the expensive schools. state universities are full of chinese students in california. even thailand has a program to send their brightest to learn from american institutions and then intern at large corporations in return for their services as teachers and professors back in their homeland. i see this happening a lot at the firm i work for. so dont give me the bullshit that american schools have gone to shit.

i did not get the impression he was impugning the quality of the education, just the accessibility to the best institutions to anyone but the super rich.

Dades wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 19:39:
zirik wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 17:39:

agreed. companies who use loopholes have been lobying the obama administration to allow them to bring home the profits made by their overseas operations without having to pay penalty in taxes. but creative accounting practices are slowly taking away the bite of taxes. the incentives placed to keep jobs in america is not enough. there should be extra tariff on products made by american firms who use overseas factories. designed in america while made in china should be discouraged.

Corporations have infected politics like a virus unfortunately and they are so ingrained now that even trying to upend the element they use to curry favor in the form of lobbying is met with such resistance that you would think we were trying to re-introduce slavery.
[stunned silence] W-WHAT ARE YOU, A COMMIE??

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Jun 14, 2011, 01:42 Nucas

it's actually kind of heartbreaking wondering what could have been if they'd released what looked like a great game ten fucking years ago before the world rushed past them.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Origin Exclusive, Intro Trailer Released [Updated]
28. Re: The Old Republic Origin Exclusive, Intro Trailer Released Jun 7, 2011, 02:40 Nucas

big reveal of e3 2011: i can dress like mat cauthon in space.

342 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo