Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 334 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future
6. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 10, 2011, 00:02 Nucas

Icewind wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 22:50:
They lost me after DA2 and ME2 turned out to be console kiddie crap.
that's too bad for you. not playing ME2 is like some sort of gaming self-flagellation. does your god hear you? is he pleased? yet, mysteriously, you think NWN was one of their masterworks?

i also hope it's just developer claptrap when he says "we're listening to our core fans" because those people on the bio forums are absolutely fucking psychotic, like literally frightening people. i read a thread with a bunch of wikipedia chemists speculating what the character tali's sweat would taste like.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM
67. Re: Bethesda Sues Mojang Over Scrolls TM Aug 7, 2011, 14:21 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 06:53:
Tim Langdell tried to do that with anything that had "Edge" in the title and he got laughed out of court.

Courts will acknowledge cases that involve blatant copyright infringement but they aren't going to defend frivolous copyright lawsuits for commonly used words.

to be fair that only just happened, after at least a decade of langdell making a decent living as a trademark troll. edge magazine had to pay him a "licensing fee" for their name, for example.

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
9. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 12:58 Nucas

voted number 4, but everyone seems to be voting for the blonde.  

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
57. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 24, 2011, 00:01 Nucas

Jerykk wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 22:43:
I think you need to look up the definition of "identical." There are no models in Bulletstorm that are exactly the same as the ones in GoW. As I mentioned earlier, the armor styles are similar but similar != identical.

no neck dudes with bulky power armor are the epic trademark.

comparing this game to gears of war of all things does seem like a head scratcher, they should be comparing this to the original epic game with this visual style: unreal. that has the added benefit of actually being a first person shooter.

it makes me think the trolls in this thread aren't even putting forth the effort. in any case, i'm surprised you deign to respond to this bullshit.

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
7. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 23, 2011, 13:22 Nucas

they shot themselves in the foot on this one as far as i'm concerned. i would have bought it release day for 50 bucks, but not 60. then my interest in it waned the more i heard. i see it's plummeted to 25 bucks on amazon, but i'll still be waiting i think.  

News Comments > Black Prophecy NA Launches
6. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 19:16 Nucas

The Advocate wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:16:
I had the beta, launched it this morning to hopefully update it to the NA release, and it connected but it still appears to connect to the beta site.

Nucas, did you get the download as part of registering for it or from a direct link?

you get the download link in from the confirmation email from registration. the download came in several 1.5 gig chunks.

News Comments > Black Prophecy NA Launches
1. Re: Black Prophecy NA Launches Jul 13, 2011, 11:32 Nucas

i actually felt like giving this game a try, i'm surprised by how fucking huge it is, 7.5 gigs in download files.  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 9, 2011, 20:27 Nucas

i haven't seen one of these in years, and i work for sony. i didn't know we still made these.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
17. Re: Game Reviews Jun 17, 2011, 04:13 Nucas

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 15:46:
The funny thing is, all that engine needed is a slight shader upgrade to DX9 and DX10 levels, and it'd look better than the crap they put out now.

Yeah polycounts were low, but in turn you could have had hundreds of active npcs, huge scale battles, massive carnage and stuff like that. Its really befuddling why they scrapped that version.

Or for that matter, why didn't gearbox not simply grab the Frostbite engine or the Geomod 2 engine ? At least then you'd have proper destruction and physics... argh, the madness

this comment is brilliant commentary on the state of the game's development, hopefully deliberate.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
12. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 17, 2011, 04:09 Nucas

zirik wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 17:44:
InBlack wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 10:19:
because the school system has gone to shit and because only the richest can afford the best schools (In Europe and the USA at least)

ignorance. you have no idea how many foreign students come from asia to study science and engineering in the united states. and they dont necessarily go to the expensive schools. state universities are full of chinese students in california. even thailand has a program to send their brightest to learn from american institutions and then intern at large corporations in return for their services as teachers and professors back in their homeland. i see this happening a lot at the firm i work for. so dont give me the bullshit that american schools have gone to shit.

i did not get the impression he was impugning the quality of the education, just the accessibility to the best institutions to anyone but the super rich.

Dades wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 19:39:
zirik wrote on Jun 16, 2011, 17:39:

agreed. companies who use loopholes have been lobying the obama administration to allow them to bring home the profits made by their overseas operations without having to pay penalty in taxes. but creative accounting practices are slowly taking away the bite of taxes. the incentives placed to keep jobs in america is not enough. there should be extra tariff on products made by american firms who use overseas factories. designed in america while made in china should be discouraged.

Corporations have infected politics like a virus unfortunately and they are so ingrained now that even trying to upend the element they use to curry favor in the form of lobbying is met with such resistance that you would think we were trying to re-introduce slavery.
[stunned silence] W-WHAT ARE YOU, A COMMIE??

News Comments > Game Reviews
14. Re: Game Reviews Jun 14, 2011, 01:42 Nucas

it's actually kind of heartbreaking wondering what could have been if they'd released what looked like a great game ten fucking years ago before the world rushed past them.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Origin Exclusive, Intro Trailer Released [Updated]
28. Re: The Old Republic Origin Exclusive, Intro Trailer Released Jun 7, 2011, 02:40 Nucas

big reveal of e3 2011: i can dress like mat cauthon in space.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Sen. Ron Wyden places a May 27, 2011, 01:14 Nucas

a senator not voting against the interests of the average citizen, in favor of corporate profits? what mistake put him in office?

i note with some dismay he's apparently the only protester to this revolting bill.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers
17. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers May 15, 2011, 21:28 Nucas

eRe4s3r wrote on May 15, 2011, 16:03:
Whack a mole dysfunctional and self-confused SP campaign is top notch, .. somehow i welcome the end of the world suddenly.

maybe you could cite something in modern warfare's stead you consider top notch. it would help me learn why exactly you're so confused.

13. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers May 15, 2011, 15:32 Nucas

Drezden wrote on May 15, 2011, 13:52:
Nucas wrote on May 15, 2011, 11:48:
onboard for the campaign, just like all the modern warfares. i actually never played any of them online, except at a friend's house on ps3 or something.

It's people like you who help perpetuate this franchises bullshit.

the bullshit of top notch single player campaigns, sure.

11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Audio Teasers May 15, 2011, 11:48 Nucas

onboard for the campaign, just like all the modern warfares. i actually never played any of them online, except at a friend's house on ps3 or something.  

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 12, 2011, 22:00 Nucas

Acleacius wrote on May 12, 2011, 13:40:
What a bunch of douche bags, haven't seen any plans to protect consumers from corporation or the government. Well at Sen Franken seems to be at least trying to stop the corporations. I'm not really sure where he stands on protection from the government.

that's the role the government should be taking on itself, protecting it's citizens from corporations running this country, and this world, into the fucking ground on the backs of the uneducated.

but i live in a dream world. it's so pleasant here, asleep..

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 11, 2011, 13:17 Nucas

i often feel the us government doesn't have enough authority to fuck up other people's lives, i'm glad for another step in the right direction.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 8, 2011, 02:56 Nucas

winnetou wrote on May 8, 2011, 02:48:
Fantastic, even during the downtime, the console still works just fine for everything except online gaming. Kinda like an intact 360 without a subscription.
hahahah seriously

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Delayed
24. Re: Mass Effect 3 Delayed May 5, 2011, 00:24 Nucas

Fion wrote on May 4, 2011, 20:07:
Yea, Bioware got scared when the professional and gaming community as a whole considered Dragon Age 2 a complete failure. They probably scraped and begged EA for a little more development time for ME3.

we did? that's funny, i remember enjoying it both times i played it. didn't they also announce it selling one million copies? just because all the nerds on whatever message board you like to read cry about how it's a terrible game or whatever the fuck doesn't make it public consensus. i'm getting sick of all this hyperbole.

if anything i think it's complimentary that bioware's titles are always so good that there's this much bawling and whining. that said, i wonder what's going on at bioware.. even as someone who enjoyed DA2, that it was rushed out the door is apparent. since when does bioware need to rush anything?

i must assume it's EA's corrosive influence as there are no other major changes at their studio i can think of to account for it. that is unfortunate. bioware knows what they're doing and need to be left to it without fucking brainless corporate suits meddling in it.

with such a short dev cycle one million copies must surely be enough to financially justify a sequel, hopefully. and hopefully that means this time EA keeps their fucking hands off since i imagine a lot of that one million was pre-orders and they may very well have burned that bridge with their greed.

334 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo