Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 333 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Oil Rush In January
6. Re: Oil Rush In January Nov 23, 2011, 03:03 Nucas

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 02:55:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 22:25:
Love how on their homepage they say that indy games usually have great ideas and bad graphics... and their solution to that is making Tower Defense clone 312 with great graphics.

Its like complaining that roads are ugly and their solution to that is to make roads from diamonds... while they then may not be ugly, they'd still just be boring roads.....

So yeah....

And your complaining about or insulting a game that you've obviously never seen in action is like running naked down that diamond road with a pair of scissors in each hand snipping at the air... Let me help you out:

http://oilrush-game.com/media/videos/

"snipping at the air" really brought this one together for me personally

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2011, 23:48 Nucas

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 20:44:
And images for signatures! I've got a really good flashing .gif that I'm sure people would really dig. Flash would be even better, as then I can embed audio as well. /Sarcasm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5zGmshIT8&t=0m2s

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Sets Sales Record
11. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Sets Sales Record Nov 12, 2011, 11:53 Nucas

RogNog wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 08:05:
It would be interesting to know what the split is across the platforms. Im particularly interested in seeing if PC sales have broken records or whether they have cooled off and its Console sales that have soared.
i read recently it was 56% xbox, 42% ps3 and the remaining 2% were pc and wii sales.

edit: i'm trying to find this article again but i think it was one of my pulse news feeds.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2011, 12:05.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Sets Sales Record
2. Re: Modern Warfare 3 Sets Sales Record Nov 11, 2011, 22:53 Nucas

phenomenal campaign, tied up the series perfectly.

err, i mean, EWWW IT'S SUPER POPULAR I HATE IT, YUCKY

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Nov 9, 2011, 01:30 Nucas

Charlie_Six wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 00:08:
SEE YOU AT THE PARTY RICHTER!!

also... why are they remaking Total Recall??? The original still holds up really well!

agreed, and i went to look it up to condemn whoever was at the helm as unable to stack up to paul verhoeven, but it's len wiseman (the two first underworlds and die hard 4). i like his style of camera manipulation and preference for wirework and conventional stunts whenever possible over cgi. i think he's a good candidate if it HAS to be redone.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced
35. Re: World of Warcraft Mists of Pandaria Announced Oct 22, 2011, 04:56 Nucas

nin wrote on Oct 21, 2011, 23:53:
I agree. Mimiron hard mode (Firefighter) was my favorite raid boss ever, and listening to it get explained to a new person and then their shock/dead silence on vent afterwards was priceless.

i had to read about what that boss fight entailed specifically to get this. that's awesome

News Comments > Mojang Wins Scrolls Injunction
15. Re: Mojang Wins Scrolls Injunction Oct 18, 2011, 17:00 Nucas

WaltC wrote on Oct 18, 2011, 14:36:
The graphics in Minecraft look basically like they were drawn by a 6-year old playing with Lego blocks and crayons. So, there are much better things this would-be entrepreneur could be spending his money on.
it's my understanding minecraft has sold 3 million copies. there's no "would-be"; he's an entrapaneur.

i'm generally loathe to use this term, but if you're whining about the graphics in minecraft you really don't get it.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 18, 2011, 01:49 Nucas

it could just be a reflection on my own ignorance I suppose but I can't read these daily patent battles without thinking our system is pretty fucking broken.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: How video games blur real life boundaries... Sep 21, 2011, 21:36 Nucas

Prez wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 17:48:
Violent: A still from a version of the Grand Theft Auto game. It has been linked to a number of murders in the U.S.

Huh? Linked how? By whom? Because some dumbass said, "Hey, I think this guy killed this other guy because he played Grand Theft Auto!!"?

What a a shameful, baseless propaganda piece. Utter crap.

it's the daily mail. the author probably made everything in the article up as he went along.

News Comments > Find Makarov MW3 Movie Follow-up
2. Re: Find Makarov MW3 Movie Follow-up Sep 6, 2011, 17:58 Nucas

modern warfare is a standalone trademark. infinity ward wanted it to just be modern warfare 2 but activision vetoed it.

as long as we're being silly.

News Comments > 2K Czech Layoffs
2. Re: 2K Czech Layoffs Sep 1, 2011, 12:05 Nucas

reducing staff is the surest way to maximize studio performance.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 30, 2011, 23:50 Nucas

PropheT wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 22:41:
Nothing they said was wrong, though I think the price point where it's at is high enough to make the rest of it not really matter. If they can bring the price down to really be a direct competitor to Apple's laptops, it's pretty impressive.
i think the point they were trying to make that console games look almost as good as pc games because of the hardware was retarded and approached backwards because they were trying to draw a specific conclusion. they're identical in appearance because they're designed for the console first and the pc second, after the code is in place and optimized for weaker hardware. that's the current MO. when that's not done, you get crysis.
another big weakness is DX9 still being the platform du jour because so many gamers still run XP, and i'm guilty of that too. the pc space is getting too fragmented. i agree with the sentiment that pc gaming literally is dying. it saddens me. i'd own a console myself if i could use a mouse and keyboard, contollers are bullshit.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
30. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:58 Nucas

MrBone wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 16:52:
To think people are getting gitty over this special message makes me question just what the heck you guys are doing with your lives. Come on man.
i know rite these fucken losers should be reading messages on the internet and ridiculing them lol

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
25. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 18, 2011, 00:04 Nucas

commonperson wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 23:19:
And at this point either way that's hearsay. I know it's easy to point fingers at the "Evil big company" but right now it's all he said she said. One of the other need to pony up proof, actual proof to validate their case.
why? are we owed some explanation?

this is an internal matter; but internal or not, the intent is obvious: EA wants to make more money. just like when publishers switched to smaller boxes or when digital distribution took hold, the motivation has nothing to do with customer satisfaction. don't delude yourself.

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 00:01:
So why has Bioware turned into a giant pile of shit?
oh, that's good to know. i mean, it's news to me since all their games are still fantastic but i'll admit i've been out of the loop, replaying mass effect lately.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
8. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 17, 2011, 22:28 Nucas

lucifer thinks himself greater than god.  

News Comments > MDK 2 HD Next Month
32. Re: MDK 2 HD Next Month Aug 14, 2011, 00:43 Nucas

Parias wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 17:07:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:15:
PL wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 16:04:
Interplay...haven't heard from them in a decade or so. Maybe a Free Space HD remake is next...
Already done:
http://scp.indiegames.us/

And still being updated to this day - very much worth playing.

Now, Freespace 3, on the other hand....

arguably, that's the Blue Planet modification.

also, parias, you bum! i should have known the only thing to draw you out of hiding would be a fucking freespace reference. i haven't seen you since planethalflife was a popular website.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Aug 14, 2011, 00:30 Nucas

time to start watching RIM stock, i see it plummeting and surging in the face of a buyout like palm before it.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Anderson confirms he'll direct next Resident Evil movie… Aug 11, 2011, 05:12 Nucas

that sucks, the only one i liked so far was the one in the desert he didn't direct.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Epic: What's the point of next-gen consoles Aug 10, 2011, 17:42 Nucas

"I think the real challenge for us now is about how do we deal with iPhone 8,” he told IndustryGamers. “If you watch where the gamers are going that's where they are. Your iPhone 8 will probably plug into your TV, or better yet, wirelessly connect to your television set to give you that big screen gaming experience with good sound.

is this, like, a joke? or what? i just don't get it. or is he saying that the current customer base is unimportant to him because he's living off in his fucking fantasy world (it can't even be called 'the future')

News Comments > BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future
6. Re: BioWare on Dragon Age Changes, Past and Future Aug 10, 2011, 00:02 Nucas

Icewind wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 22:50:
They lost me after DA2 and ME2 turned out to be console kiddie crap.
that's too bad for you. not playing ME2 is like some sort of gaming self-flagellation. does your god hear you? is he pleased? yet, mysteriously, you think NWN was one of their masterworks?

i also hope it's just developer claptrap when he says "we're listening to our core fans" because those people on the bio forums are absolutely fucking psychotic, like literally frightening people. i read a thread with a bunch of wikipedia chemists speculating what the character tali's sweat would taste like.

333 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo