Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 433 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Open Beta Next Week
7. Re: The Division Open Beta Next Week Feb 9, 2016, 18:32 Nucas

Slick wrote on Feb 9, 2016, 15:13:
Well, I think that entirely as a response to your videos that they need another beta to regain the trust necessary for a good launch.

It sucks, but some PC games are just dead on arrival, and fade after 1-2 weeks. Kinda makes me wish I was alright with playing on a console, they have the numbers to keep games alive.

i can't think of any games that bombed on PC but flourished on consoles.

also, ubisoft's sales are currently 20% pc, making it their second most significant platform with xbone rounding out the bottom of the next gen pack at 12% and ps4 at 27%. i don't think the difference is as big as people think.

though certain kinds of games certainly have their pet platforms. if i wanted to play call of duty multi for the rest of my days i'd buy an xbox one.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
25. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2016, 18:16 Nucas

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 8, 2016, 11:20:
Consoles are where the money is at. Sorry, but it's the truth.

if you break it down as "pc versus all the consoles", sure. but PCs account for 20% of ubisoft's sales, their second most important platform. it's pushing almost double the numbers of the xbox one, ps4 is at 27% and the rest distributed among old systems.

the division being a next gen only title we can extrapolate that pc will account for about 1/3 of the sales with xbone rounding out the bottom of the pack. same thing that's happened for other major titles like the witcher 3.

brushing off the pc as irrelevant is misinformed.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 8, 2016, 12:33 Nucas

man can't wait home and drink a lot of budweiser! going to drink so much budweiser beer!

drink budweiser

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
13. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 7, 2016, 23:42 Nucas

TheEmissary wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 18:27:
Nucas wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 16:09:
i always bought IW's games for the campaign first and multiplayer second. the guys at respawn probably have the pedigree to put together something really solid.

halo: nightfall was produced by ridley scott and defiance had a 100 million dollar show budget and fizzled. keep chasing that transmedia empire dream boyos.

I don't buy for a second that Halo Nightfall had a 100 Million dollar budget.

i don't know, defiance is what had the 100 million dollar budget. they were different examples.

Spaceherpes wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 18:23:
I'll say that I'm interested in a single player campaign for this game. That said, I can't help but feel they are adding it because they (executives) didn't understand why it wasn't the success they were hoping it would be. I have no problem with devs dropping single player (or multiplayer for that matter) so they can focus on one aspect of the game. The problem with Titan Fall (imo) is it still felt like the multiplayer that gets tacked on to a single player game.

i agree with this in theory but look at the practice: you've got a developer with experience saying the campaign is 75% of the budget (granted, probably just to justify shitting out the f2p game he's working on), so sure, cut it out of the picture.. but then we end up with relatively empty online experiences like star wars battlefront (or to an extent the original titanfall), and they're still charging 60 dollars for the title and 40 for the "season pass".

News Comments > Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed
5. Re: Titanfall 2 Solo Campaign & TV Ambitions Revealed Feb 7, 2016, 16:09 Nucas

i always bought IW's games for the campaign first and multiplayer second. the guys at respawn probably have the pedigree to put together something really solid.

halo: nightfall was produced by ridley scott and defiance had a 100 million dollar show budget and fizzled. keep chasing that transmedia empire dream boyos.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
20. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 2, 2016, 21:14 Nucas

Devinoch wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 14:07:
Talk about shoddy journalism. At the BOTTOM of the article, there's a thing that says "Update:" and lists out that the GAME isn't cancelled, the YouTube video tutorial "Ultimate Game Dev" thing is. The story has (half-heartedly) been updated to reflect this, but the headline is still sloppy, and the clarification work is slipshod, at best, because, hey, click bait!

And people wonder why I no longer want to do anything with my Bachelor's of Journalism.

"UPDATE: Develop has been informed that the Kickstarter money referenced by Tereshinski in the above video refers to his crowdfunding campaign for the Ultimate Game Dev video series, which raised $4,459 rather than a Kickstarter campaign for Ant Simulator specifically. The game was instead funded by pre-orders offered directly throught the Ant Simulator website. The body of the text has been changed to clarify this."

their mistake was saying all the money wasted was entirely from kickstarter. the money wasted was from both kickstarter and pre-orders. ant simulator is still certainly canceled. the title of the resignation video eteeski posted is literally "Ant Simulator is canceled".

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
11. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 1, 2016, 23:05 Nucas

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 20:22:
Something doesn't add up there. They blow all the money, but HE is not allowed to talk about anything or HE will get sued, and HE is offering refunds (from what money?)

Seems fishy all around.

he posts on some gamedev forums and from what i've gathered, he is a colossal fucking retard and signed a contract that rescinds control of the IP and made his two friends (seen here on the website splash page playing dress-up like adults)"consultants" which gave them carte blanche to spend money as "business meetings", etc. he can't release the project without them due to the contract so he's fucked.

classic mistake. newbie developers and programmers never seem to know how to spot "ideas guys" (aka fucking useless parasites) when they're starting out and do dumb shit like this all the time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 27, 2016, 21:52 Nucas

"Your status updates, your uploaded photos, your videos, all of it is going to be inaccessible sometime in the future. Not just by you, but by your descendants as well."

hahahahhhahahahahah

oh man, a society so shielded from the horror of the world that we truly think our works are immortal. thanks for the "wakeup call" asshole.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 20, 2016, 01:02 Nucas

"the 25 most popular crackable passwords of 2015".  

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed
12. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 16:58 Nucas

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 15:52:
Barring (again) the ridiculous idea that North Korea could invade the US, it really doesn't look half bad. I got kind of a Watch Dogs vibe from it, though this is just a straight up shooter, right?

Might be interesting.

apparently it was going to be china originally but they ended up hiring a CIA analyst/field officer who explained that economic interdependence made that retarded.

i remember thinking it was really stupid until i played it, but the game does like a 2 minute what-if intro that made sense.

i actually really liked the game but i played it through three full times and according to steam only racked up 10 hours.. not a lot of meat on those bones.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 9, 2016, 10:00 Nucas

stories like that ISP one make me think "libertarians" live in some fantasy world. no government! privatize! think how great it will be! corporations can just increase profits by charging more year over year without wasting money on infrastructure!
it's capitalism! someone else will surely rise up to challenge them! look, it happens with ISPs and telecoms all the time! right?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2016, 16:29 Nucas

descender wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 12:17:
Verno wrote on Jan 8, 2016, 12:10:
Deadwood was fantastic and I'm about due for a rewatch, glad to hear the movie is going ahead.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.

Come on Carnivale movie.... come onnnnnnn!

oh man thought i was the only one that remembered carnivale! what an awesome show. one of only a handful i own on dvd.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month
6. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 17:25 Nucas

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:32:
I never finished it, found about 40 hours in that I really wasn't enjoying the story because it was still a big mystery. I liked the idea of souls being recycled and stored and split personalities being two souls trapped into a body but other than that.. no explanation why you SHOULD care that you're a "watcher" and why you should go after that guy at the device.

that was the biggest problem. the game's writing is so overwrought, so dense. i had the same problem, i literally had to go read somewhere about why i was doing anything online at one point during the game because i forgot.

it just feels unfocused and meandering. the writing is just too much self-important fantastic metaphysical bullshit.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M?
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Sells 12M? Jan 4, 2016, 11:24 Nucas

oh man, michael pachter! forgot all about him.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jan 3, 2016, 18:59 Nucas

black mesa tutorial level released, but only if you didn't actually buy the game.  

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
2. Re: Sunday Interviews Jan 3, 2016, 18:56 Nucas

nin wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 14:42:
Well that's interesting!

that jumped out at me also, but more because i'm not sure i understand what he's implying. that he found out after leaving that the powers that be considered another old republic title but wrote off obsidian for it?

it could just be me but i'm getting a lot of subtext from that interview that he's sick of obsidian's bullshit and failure.

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2016, 19:17.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2016, 14:56 Nucas

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 10:00:
words

it seems you and i ultimately agree then. the "tough on drunk driving" zero tolerance bullshit has led to a lot of people getting DUIs who shouldn't be, which ultimately dilutes the significance of the charge. drunk driving resulting in accidents or fatalities should result in felony jail time. there are just few crimes i'm willing to write off a person's entire life for, at the burden of tax payers.

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 3, 2016, 14:54 Nucas

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 2, 2016, 22:27:
Oh you, with your pedestrian personal attacks. I yawn. And yes, clearly I meant for them to actually be beaten as we all know that people will ACTUALLY physically vomit up their genitals if you strike them hard enough.

where are the personal attacks you imagine yourself beating away? you said those things. you randomly brought up obama and gun control of all things; you advocated for police brutality. you are mediocre.

News Comments > Op Ed
50. Re: Op Ed Jan 3, 2016, 14:47 Nucas

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 14:07:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 3, 2016, 13:15:
Games are better and cheaper today,

You're delusional if you believe this, graphics are better no doubt, but that is technologically inevitable. There are plenty of things that were better from that era. When's the last time a modern AAA game released its source code? When's the last time we got dedicated servers that weren't walled garden/steam controlled?

I'm sorry to tell you but things have gone in a much more locked down direction, anyone who denies it is just incapable of accepting that truth.

i don't really see how source code availability and dedicated servers equated to better games.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 2, 2016, 12:08 Nucas

a bunch of personal shit that i will now remove from the internet

This comment was edited on Jan 3, 2016, 14:59.

433 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo