Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 345 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs
5. Re: Activision Blizzard Financials; WoW at 5.6M Subs Aug 4, 2015, 18:29 Nucas

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:27:
Mmo's too many are like LSD. After a while all that is left is a bad trip so people get out.
this may be my favorite gaming analogy ever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jul 24, 2015, 12:14 Nucas

hhaahha "e-gaming". and then the article has the old coverart from half life 1 counter-strike with the sub "a screenshot of Counter-Strike".

really though, trying to create an 'anti-doping' policy? no one is going to take 'e-sports' seriously no matter how much you want it to look like a real sport. this article, with clearly no research done, shows it.

that kid was retarded as fuck though. "yeah i don't even care. we were all using adderall, because we're tough guys. someone, please like me. anyone."

News Comments > Minecraft: Story Mode Trailer
3. Re: Minecraft: Story Mode Trailer Jul 4, 2015, 16:21 Nucas

a one trick pony is born.  

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
46. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 17:13 Nucas

Zor wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:04:
Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:06:
Yes, but SQ42 is episodic now, so if and when it ever gets delivered it'll be a decade before it's done at this rate. All the real time and money is going into the P2W online game.

Let's just ignore the most recent information from CIG that the first "episode" of Squadron 42 is going to be what most studios release as a full retail title in playable content. *eyeroll*

And, um, what P2W are you referring to? It's a skill based game, not an RPG loot/gear/stats based game. Nor is there anything like a War Thunder/World of Tanks ammo shop.

it's my understanding they have done continuous fundraising by selling capital ships for thousands of dollars at various junctions. do the purchasers not have an advantage by doing this? is that not paying to win?

News Comments > RONIN Next Week
5. Re: RONIN Next Week Jun 24, 2015, 05:59 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 18:24:
"What's in the case?"

i don't remember.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 19, 2015, 04:17 Nucas

Julio wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 19:37:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 18, 2015, 14:56:
Not sure why she's inspiring so much hate.

Nobody likes people who make false discrimination accusations. They're about as popular as false rape accusers.
christ, here we go..

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 13, 2015, 02:56 Nucas

blackberry still betting their business on people wanting to push hardware buttons.  

News Comments > Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt
10. Re: Desura & Indie Royale Parent Bankrupt Jun 6, 2015, 01:31 Nucas

NamecaF wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 22:13:
Kythlyn wrote on Jun 5, 2015, 19:29:
I wonder what's going to happen to Desura. If the digital distribution platform is taken offline, and everyone loses their libraries, it won't be pretty. This might turn into a small preview of the Steampocalypse.

I've been saying this for years. People prefer ignorance and "convenience" though

some latent part of me still feels this way but, really, this is like not using gmail because you're just anticipating google goes under and takes all your email with it. how likely do we think this is going to be after 11 years of the platform being the center of the pc universe?

just as soon worry about the inevitability of resource depletion and electricity failure preventing you from playing games, too.

News Comments > POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released
10. Re: POSTAL 2: Paradise Lost DLC Released Apr 18, 2015, 07:57 Nucas

i've noticed before that postal 2 seems to be popular in india, russia, etc, i'm assuming due to it's playability on older hardware.
i always thought it was funny

News Comments > Shadow Realms Reboot Rumor
2. Re: Shadow Realms Reboot Rumor Jan 7, 2015, 08:29 Nucas

the thing i disbelieve most about this story is that ea offers the "option" to integrate origin more tightly, rather than just telling you to get fucked and do it. and also please release on a 14 month schedule so we can predict quarterly revenue for the shareholders. thx  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 4, 2015, 06:15 Nucas

someday, i will learn how football works.  

News Comments > Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion
23. Re: Notch Buys $70M Beverly Hills Mansion Dec 19, 2014, 03:20 Nucas

i will assume he's already spent money on the essentials, such as forward thinking investments, cloning himself to build a private army, etc. and is now just pissing away the surplus.

hopefully.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 27, 2014, 20:29 Nucas

i'm surprised watch dogs has been hanging tough in the top 10 for so long being a preorder, with no discount at that.  

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Apr 16, 2014, 01:17 Nucas

i really hope this gets funded.  

News Comments > Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved
3. Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved Dec 12, 2013, 21:47 Nucas

every other industry has weird sexual drama, i guess games need a good scandal every now and then  

News Comments > Thief Dropping QTEs
60. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 18:35 Nucas

Fletch wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 18:23:
Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 17:22:
So in your opinion it would have been better had Bethesda never made Fallout 3? Leaving Fallout dead and buried with FO and FO2? And never giving Obsidian the chance to make FO:NV?

What about Deus Ex? Should Deus Ex have died with the execrable Invisible War, rather than giving us the rather excellent Human Revolution?

There are good IPs that are being ruined by horseshit publishers. Syndicate comes to mind rather starkly. But it doesn't happen to all of them. I'd rather someone take a chance at resurrecting a dead IP and giving us the chance of a good game coming out of it as opposed to it just staying dead and buried.

-No, but I wouldn't have cared if they hadn't, and would have much-preferred it be more like FO2.
-No, but who said it was "dead and buried", and wouldn't have been picked up by a different developer with more "classic" gameplay and interface intentions?
-I never played NV. I hear a lot of people liked it, but when I get a hankering to play a Fallout game, I still install Fallout2. NV isn't Fallout to me, whether I would dig it or not.
-Deus Ex? IW sucked. I said so then. HR was great. Who said anything about wishing IPs would die? I am saying exactly the opposite. I'm not bitching that Thief4 is being made. I'm bitching that it is going to suck as a PC game.

I want Thief4 to be a great game. Are YOU saying it's OK for developers to make shit PC games? That you'll just hope the next one is better? I'm speaking up. Unfortunately, Eidos has completely ignored the Thief fan base, and anything they have to say about the game and where it's going, even dissing them in interviews. Fuck 'em. We want a good Thief PC game. This game is going to be ass. Play if you want.

that's because much of the vocal "fan base" is a bunch arrogant motards like you, mouthing off about what is and isn't valid use of the ip and self-importantly vomiting out commentary. you wish you were still playing games on your sega genesis, we get it - the rest of the world has moved on and embraced new ways of building worlds and telling stories.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2013, 01:58 Nucas

mag wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 21:41:
She's 57???

no kidding. some people are lucky and some ain't.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 31, 2013, 01:55 Nucas

WHAT DO YOU MEAN INFINITE GROWTH ECONOMICS ARE IMPOSSIBLE? WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT HERE, COMMIE LIBERAL

jesus, the world has changed. only nerds like us buy PCs anymore.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 28, 2013, 03:07 Nucas

i thought about giving opera 15 a try after switching to chrome two years ago, but was surprised to find it's just a half-rate chrome knock off, without the google ecosystem syncing. it doesn't even support themes.

in short, what the christ? they went from opera unite, integrated mail, guys who invented tabs and speed dial, to follow the leader.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 26, 2013, 00:23 Nucas

50 large so some guys can make a ten minute half life movie. jesus christ.  

345 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo