Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Nucas

Real Name Nucas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Nucas
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description mayor of FUNKVILLE, BABY!!!
Homepage http://
Signed On May 10, 2008, 04:00
Total Comments 332 (Amateur)
User ID 49584

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Apr 16, 2014, 01:17 Nucas

i really hope this gets funded.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved
3. Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved Dec 12, 2013, 21:47 Nucas

every other industry has weird sexual drama, i guess games need a good scandal every now and then  

News Comments > Thief Dropping QTEs
60. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 18:35 Nucas

Fletch wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 18:23:
Creston wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 17:22:
So in your opinion it would have been better had Bethesda never made Fallout 3? Leaving Fallout dead and buried with FO and FO2? And never giving Obsidian the chance to make FO:NV?

What about Deus Ex? Should Deus Ex have died with the execrable Invisible War, rather than giving us the rather excellent Human Revolution?

There are good IPs that are being ruined by horseshit publishers. Syndicate comes to mind rather starkly. But it doesn't happen to all of them. I'd rather someone take a chance at resurrecting a dead IP and giving us the chance of a good game coming out of it as opposed to it just staying dead and buried.

-No, but I wouldn't have cared if they hadn't, and would have much-preferred it be more like FO2.
-No, but who said it was "dead and buried", and wouldn't have been picked up by a different developer with more "classic" gameplay and interface intentions?
-I never played NV. I hear a lot of people liked it, but when I get a hankering to play a Fallout game, I still install Fallout2. NV isn't Fallout to me, whether I would dig it or not.
-Deus Ex? IW sucked. I said so then. HR was great. Who said anything about wishing IPs would die? I am saying exactly the opposite. I'm not bitching that Thief4 is being made. I'm bitching that it is going to suck as a PC game.

I want Thief4 to be a great game. Are YOU saying it's OK for developers to make shit PC games? That you'll just hope the next one is better? I'm speaking up. Unfortunately, Eidos has completely ignored the Thief fan base, and anything they have to say about the game and where it's going, even dissing them in interviews. Fuck 'em. We want a good Thief PC game. This game is going to be ass. Play if you want.

that's because much of the vocal "fan base" is a bunch arrogant motards like you, mouthing off about what is and isn't valid use of the ip and self-importantly vomiting out commentary. you wish you were still playing games on your sega genesis, we get it - the rest of the world has moved on and embraced new ways of building worlds and telling stories.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2013, 01:58 Nucas

mag wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 21:41:
She's 57???

no kidding. some people are lucky and some ain't.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 31, 2013, 01:55 Nucas

WHAT DO YOU MEAN INFINITE GROWTH ECONOMICS ARE IMPOSSIBLE? WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT HERE, COMMIE LIBERAL

jesus, the world has changed. only nerds like us buy PCs anymore.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 28, 2013, 03:07 Nucas

i thought about giving opera 15 a try after switching to chrome two years ago, but was surprised to find it's just a half-rate chrome knock off, without the google ecosystem syncing. it doesn't even support themes.

in short, what the christ? they went from opera unite, integrated mail, guys who invented tabs and speed dial, to follow the leader.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Aug 26, 2013, 00:23 Nucas

50 large so some guys can make a ten minute half life movie. jesus christ.  

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
32. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 03:32 Nucas

InBlack wrote on May 8, 2013, 03:23:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 8, 2013, 02:53:
The Half Elf wrote on May 8, 2013, 02:35:
What if I have OTHER games besides 'murder simulators'. Like for example Kerbal Space Program, does that qualify me to work for NASA? ...
Now STFU.
According to the anti-gun nuts, yes those qualify you to work for NASA and be a quarterback. Not to mention to be a professional truck driver across Europe, among other things.

Erm what? Is this analogy like the ones where people blame Obama for world hunger and George W. Bush for hairy vaginas?

there seems to be a lot of this going around all of a sudden.

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
14. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 7, 2013, 23:59 Nucas

ledhead1969 wrote on May 7, 2013, 22:24:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 7, 2013, 20:55:
It was disgusting that EA was funding the gun industry anyway.

Checking your Steam games you are chock full of murder simulation playing, or criminal simulation if I include your GTA games. Stop thinking you are any better than the rest of us, NRA included. The gun industry protects your pathetic existence and makes it possible for you to live in your mom's basement spouting off about how bad guns are.

i see no evidence of disdain for guns in this very simple sentence, merely well deserved disdain for the gun industry. perhaps you are too distracted too read and think by your endless dreams of guns and helicopters or whatever, you fucking psycho.

News Comments > Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes
4. Re: Death Inc. Developer Ambient Studios Closes Apr 25, 2013, 22:19 Nucas

classy of them to budget that they should close before they hit X dollars in the coffers to still be able to issue refunds. i can't think of any other shutdowns where they seemed to give a shit like that.  

News Comments > EA Layoffs
7. Re: EA Layoffs Apr 12, 2013, 04:48 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 03:26:
Firing people to ensure the best games for players eh? Yeah. Sure.
merely sharpening their focus!

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 8, 2013, 00:12 Nucas

the calvin and hobbes video was fucking next level.  

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Getting Rebranded?
15. Re: XCOM Shooter Getting Rebranded? Mar 28, 2013, 19:40 Nucas

i thought the concept of setting it in the 60s and pitting an inexperienced, unprepared world against alien invasion with conventional means was pretty cool. kind of reminded me of the show Threshold.
100% of the bitching really seemed to just be about the branding. as long as they don't throw the work away and it still comes out, i don't give a shit.
people calling it "yet another shooter" have evidentally not seen it in action, this isn't exactly "army of two" guys.

News Comments > The Journeyman Project Trilogy Remake
7. Re: The Journeyman Project Trilogy Remake Mar 28, 2013, 19:22 Nucas

i played the shit out of legacy of time back in 98. i always wondered how the series got it's start, scored a copy of the journeyman project trilogy years later but the original's disks were jacked up. i really need to rebuy 2 and 3 on gog.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 28, 2013, 19:13 Nucas

b-but skype told me my chat was encrypted and safe!!!  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
2. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 11, 2013, 00:50 Nucas

"The global PC industry is steadily shrinking despite the launch of Windows 8. I think the Windows 8 system is no better than the previous Windows Vista platform."

corporate executives live in their own fucking world where every industry expects and demands infinite growth and quarterly profit increases.

i don't even know why the insatiable greed and completely unrealistic demand for more wealth demonstrated by corporate executives still shocks and irritates me anymore.

News Comments > Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter
14. Re: Homeworld IP & Games Kickstarter Mar 11, 2013, 00:37 Nucas

fuck these guys.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 21, 2013, 21:33 Nucas

i know i'm not the target demographic since i find the concept of a chromebook to be kind of pie-in-the-sky but a 1300 dollar chromebook with an i5 is just patently fucking ludicrous.  

News Comments > Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year
9. Re: Murdered: Soul Suspect Next Year Feb 20, 2013, 15:52 Nucas

Jivaro wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 14:17:
PHJF wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 14:15:
It was a Lindsay Lohan movie.

Nuff said.

Oh. Damn. :/
hahahahha

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 19, 2012, 22:56 Nucas

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:49:
He's a pinball wizard there has to be a twist!
what makes him so good?

332 Comments. 17 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo