Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Oliver

Real Name Oliver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname coldcut
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 7, 2008, 20:34
Total Comments 157 (Novice)
User ID 49536

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > IGF Finalists on Steam
2. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 17:44 coldcut

DangerDog wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 17:13:
it's all about gunpoint!

http://www.gunpointgame.com/
Looks amazing, the trailer is really nice! Instant buy when it's available

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Primordia
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Primordia Dec 6, 2012, 03:58 coldcut

Jerykk wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 23:11:
Anyone play this yet? How does it compare to the Blackwell series, Gemini Rue or Resonance?
Preordered it some weeks ago, but haven't been able to play it yesterday. I hope and assume it's in the spirit of these games, which I all played through and loved

News Comments > Second Antharion Kickstarter
3. Re: Second Antharion Kickstarter Dec 1, 2012, 15:21 coldcut

It's kind of funny, I don't know if they added some money from the previous Kickstarter, or the ~250 people really backed about 25$ in average. This seems quite a lot to me, for this kind of game. From looking at the screenshots, I can immediately tell that I don't like the over-cartoony art style of the game. If they want to recapture the feel of the games the are aiming at (Wizardry, Ultima, Pool of Radiance - one of my favorite 'old-school' RPGs), those were not cartoony at all, this just does not fit in my opinion.  

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
9. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 14:04 coldcut

Correct FOV has nothing to do with screen size, but depends on viewer's distance to the screen roughly because of peripheral vision (in addition, some people perceive this differently and might need slight adjustments to not get dizzy).

A good explanation is in this great tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZUao2jTGA

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
3. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 13:50 coldcut

deqer wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 13:28:
lol. fuck these newer generation games.

back in the day, in the 90s, quake 1 was released and had a console and gave you all the commands you could ever want to configure it. guess what one of those commands was? yup. fov.

people used fov 90, 100, 110, and 120. whatever they wanted.

go fuck yourselves, next-gen developers.
I generally agree with you, but the problem is not in all "newer generation games", it's solely caused by (shitty) Console to PC ports, because for consoles, a lower FOV is correct.

News Comments > Legend of Dungeon Kickstarter & Demo
4. Re: Legend of Dungeon Kickstarter & Demo Nov 21, 2012, 05:25 coldcut

I hate "trailers" showing exactly one second "gameplay" and then fading to black/changing the scene. That's just annoying and gives me the feel that they are hiding something. Yes, I know, it's a teaser trailer, but that's just the impression I get from it, nothing I can do about that.

Also, I'm kind of cautious when it comes to "pixelated roguelike" as I was very disappointed by "Hack, slash, loot", whose graphics style (or rather, how the 3d "effect" was achieved), always had me confused as to where my guy is standing right now and where I can go to / interact with. That game was an instant buy for me, but I never played it for more than a few minutes.

But this looks kind of different (from what I can tell of this "trailer").

News Comments > Two for One FORGE Next Month
3. Re: Two for One FORGE Next Month Nov 15, 2012, 00:19 coldcut

This looks a lot like World of Warcraft arena PVP ... or probably any other MMO too which has such style of PVP.  

News Comments > Descent Fan Remake
27. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 12, 2012, 04:44 coldcut

On a semi-related note, Descent 1-3 are still 50% off on GoG: http://www.gog.com/en/promo/interplay_price_change_promo_09_11_12  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Chaos on Deponia
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Chaos on Deponia Nov 7, 2012, 03:30 coldcut

Also available on GOG for a ridiculously low price
http://www.gog.com/en/promo/deponia_2_launch_promo_06_11_12/

News Comments > Valve on Linux Plans
24. Re: Valve on Linux Plans Oct 30, 2012, 04:49 coldcut

TheVocalMinority wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 23:52:
And I'm still calling HL3 as a Linux exclusive. The fanboy tears will be glorious.
I would have absolutely no problems installing Linux on my pc -- JUST GIMME HALF-LIFE 3 already darnit!

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
32. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 25, 2012, 07:25 coldcut

So they're hoping for the community to fix their game with mods? Rage was one of the very few exceptions where I bought pre-release at full price. And the game was just mediocre. That is, not until you fix their graphics crap by modifying the ini files. I never even finished the game.

Due to the launch of Borderlands 2, I replayed Borderlands 1 with a friend again before. And it was shocking how good it actually was, Borderlands (1!) is really the better RAGE.

Let's see what the community brings out if the tools are finally being released.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
14. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 23, 2012, 04:48 coldcut

nin wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 20:12:
I see marketing is in full swing...
Yeah, no news for ages, and after word got out of some of the crew leaving, there instantly were an awful lot of "preorder now, it's the best game ever" announcements... but probably, we're just being paranoid and this is just coincidence

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 22, 2012, 10:25 coldcut

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 22, 2012, 10:13:
Makes me sad that Dishonored isn't on this list. It's a really great and fun game.
Add to that Mark of the Ninja, which is one of my games of the year. Sadly, this game severely lacks advertising, at least on the PC front. Steam community contributions are also very rare. I'm not really sure if I read anything about it on Blues. This game deserves a lot more attention, as almost everything is perfectly crafted. Plus, it's cheap

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Beta Tomorrow
8. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta Tomorrow Oct 4, 2012, 01:58 coldcut

ASeven wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 17:44:
Ooh, an EotB remake already in the works with 2 levels playable. Well, there goes my free time.
Unfortunately, we are still a good distance away from "proper" mods. The biggest problem is that you can't use own 3D models for your custom content. Which means that you'll have to deal with the same monsters over and over again. For me, that's a real immersion killer, it just won't "feel" like I'm in a different dungeon.

I checked the beta about two weeks ago, there were only a handful of mods available and two already had ratings in the workshop. These mods all used the same graphics and tileset as in the original game, thus making every dungeon look the same. Don't get me wrong, I loved Grimrock to death and would love to play awesome user content, but I just think that everything needs to mature a good bit.

News Comments > Non-Gaming Apps on Steam
5. Re: Non-Gaming Apps on Steam Oct 2, 2012, 16:59 coldcut

Panickd wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 15:53:
lol. GameMaker: Studio has Steam Achievements! WTF?
That's not so uncommon for developer apps There are achievement plugins / extensions for Visual Studio and Eclipse (that I know of). We developers want to have some fun during coding too

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
4. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 10:11 coldcut

nin wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 10:02:
It's resting.
There! It moved!

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. Re: Evening Previews Jul 15, 2012, 12:29 coldcut

ShootMania looks like it's set sail for fail. Blacklight: Retribution is a really good FPS, and it's free to play (but not pay to win).

I don't know how it can be played "competitively", but the game as is really rocks the joint right now.

News Comments > Hard Reset Free DLC
3. Re: Hard Reset Free DLC Jul 12, 2012, 08:27 coldcut

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 23:01:
new DLC that is free for owners of Hard Reset Extended Edition

If I'm understanding it right, the DLC is for the original steam version, and bumps the game up to the Extended Edition version.
Are you sure? I got the game on Steam, but has it automatically been upgraded to the extended edition? I don't think so, at least I didn't notice anything like that.

Got to try it out when I come home, but I doubt I got the extended edition.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
5. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 12:16 coldcut

So, what is actually "remade" here? Seems more like "made to run on modern machines". HD would be really cool, but it doesn't seem like it.  

News Comments > Sam Suede in Undercover Exposure Kickstarter Cancelled
3. Re: Sam Suede in Undercover Exposure Kickstarter Cancelled Jun 29, 2012, 03:46 coldcut

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 03:18:
So what about the people that already contributed? Are they out the funds or do they get their money back?

The money is only transferred if the goal is reached. Until then, you keep your money. So you don't get it back, no because you still got it

157 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo