Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Oliver

Real Name Oliver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname coldcut
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 7, 2008, 20:34
Total Comments 157 (Novice)
User ID 49536

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 21, 2013, 02:12 coldcut

In this direct comparison, it looks rather washed out. But the PC version seems to run at 15 FPS, which is god damn awful, but this might as well be a FRAPS/recording issue. Also, the PC version has so much motion blur, it makes me want to puke. Whoever decided for motion blur in video games should be hanged high on his balls.

Well, seeing as this is an extended tech demo, I'm not interested at all either, so I don't really care too much

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Impire
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Impire Feb 15, 2013, 04:27 coldcut

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 00:03:
Demo or bargain bin are the options here.
So if you get no demo, you'll buy it in any case from the bargain bin? You must buy a lot of games

News Comments > Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army Revealed
7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 14, 2013, 05:00 coldcut

Rigs wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 00:44:
For real, enough with the fucking zombies already! Geezus...
...but it's Nazi Zombies! That's kind of a rarely seen species. So it should be a fresh experience!

News Comments > New Arkham Game Revealed
9. Re: New Arkham Game Revealed Feb 12, 2013, 11:49 coldcut

Great news, I just finished both Asylum and City. Maybe it's just me, but I found Asylum to be a bit more polished. After finishing City, I went back to Asylum and played some challenge maps, and my immediate thoughts were "wow, the combat seems much more fluid than in City". Not that the combat is bad in City, but for whatever reason I found it a tad better overall in Asylum.
Some other (minor) issues I had with City:
- Steam overlay doesn't work at all (popular discussion without an actual solution in the forums)
- loading times of City are horrible compared to Asylum (despite having -if at all- only slightly improved graphics). I even moved the game to the SSD, and the loading times are still insanely long.

I hope that the fact that the announcement was so subtle and that Rocksteady isn't the developer doesn't turn out to be what I fear it could be.

News Comments > On Sale - Steam Adds Weekly Deals
10. Re: On Sale - Steam Adds Weekly Deals Feb 12, 2013, 06:09 coldcut

Gas Bandit wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 00:44:
Oh Batman Arkham Asylum!

Oh, it still needs GFWL. Pass.

(Hate that shit.)
It's very unlikely that they will drop GFWL at any time. You really shouldn't skip any of the Batman games because of GFWL, these games are absolutely amazing and worth of "overlooking" the GFWL crap.
Besides, it seems to work better in Asylum than in Arkham City, for whatever reason. That said, I didn't have any problems with GFWL playing through Asylum & City, it signs you in automatically and then doesn't bother you again.
I'm more annoyed with the way Darksiders II handles similar stuff, where it wants me to sign up for a useless account at the beginning of the game every time which I happily cancel every time, but I get re-asked again and again. This is annoying as it takes a lot of time to get rid of the dialog again (and the dialog to show up in the first place), for whatever reason. GFWL on the other hand operates mainly in the background and won't bother you again if you don't invoke it (if everything goes right).

News Comments > Legacy of Kain Returning?
8. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 19:46 coldcut

Trevellian wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 10:52:
I loved Darksiders. It was one of my favorite games the year it came out, was a much needed niche filler. I didn't bother with Darksiders 2 though.
Darksiders II is actually pretty great, you should definitely give it a try! I started the game with mixed feelings based on ... what exactly, I can't tell for sure, mediocre reviews? But the game really dragged me in right from the start. Both Darksiders I and II are very good games. Don't let someone tell you otherwise and go play DS2

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 03:51 coldcut

Funny how (for me) games not appearing on Steam always come as a surprise. This game is a pass for me for many reasons:
- Origin
- I still didn't finish the first Dead Space, although I liked it, but the horribly fixed FOV made me nauseous after a relatively short time of playing. Even worse than in Warhammer: Space Marines.
- Microtransactions ... although probably not needed to play and finish the game, I don't support the concept behind this

But that doesn't really matter as I got too many games to play in my backlog. Recently enjoyed Arkham Asylum a hell lot, and currently having a blast in Darksiders II. Looking forward to playing Arkham City soon and would love for a Darksiders III, but that is not really likely at this point, unfortunately.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Antichamber
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Antichamber Feb 1, 2013, 05:23 coldcut

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 21:43:
Or as the French call it...Antichambre!
Le Antichambre!

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 11:09 coldcut

Techie714 wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 11:03:
Forgot to mention this game with the HD texture pack added= O...M...G! The game looks amazing!
Additionally, the sound is superb. Warp radio and especially Ninjatune radio (hence my name ) blew me away. Top notch.

6. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 10:37 coldcut

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 10:05:
Ya, i'm in germania myself. Couldnt even install the HD texture pack....so i did what i always do....VPN'd to america, unlocked and bought what i wanted (i have an american cc and also american address so maybe you can only grab the texture pack).
Yes, I got a similar method to circumvent German "low violence" versions, I let a "good friend" from UK gift me the games. The HD pack was no problem as I could just install it via Steam.
Unfortunately, this doesn't work for DLC as these cannot be gifted

4. Re: Sleeping Dogs DLC Revealed Jan 30, 2013, 09:49 coldcut

Unfortunately, none of the DLC is available for purchase in Germany via Steam only the two latest "Skin/Model packs" are available

Would love to play more of this, I think this game was really amazing, and the story got pretty intense later in the game.

News Comments > Crytek Opens Austin Studio With Vigil Staff
10. Re: Crytek Opens Austin Studio With Vigil Staff Jan 29, 2013, 05:46 coldcut

It's even more funny if you think about the fact that their first successful game was created with pirated software  

News Comments > On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4
4. Re: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 Jan 28, 2013, 03:51 coldcut

Great news. I also thought I wouldn't like the third one, and I didn't touch it at all until recently. But then I played through the whole game in about two sessions, and I liked it a great deal. The only downside was that it was too short and too linear, even the monsters are fixed, there are no random encounters.

These guys also released free DLC I think for christmas, adding a new mini-episode, which was quite cool, but kind of short too.

I think they could have done a lot more with the game. Many enemy types only appeared a handful of times, then the next set of enemies appeared. With this announcement, here's hoping that the fourth installment will be just as good as I hope it will be

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
6. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 03:33 coldcut

It's definitely worth checking out the Steam Workshop content for this game. Some levels offer quite an improvement in the graphics as well as some gameplay mechanics. Just check out the highest ranked maps, you won't be disappointed.

One of my favorite campaigns is The Tomb of Zarthos.

News Comments > Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle
5. Re: Indie Royale Snow Storm Bundle Jan 17, 2013, 04:39 coldcut

I bought a lot of Indie bundles in the past, but recently, not a single one. Reason being - I am only speaking for myself of course - the packs have one outstanding title and a lot of fillers. Those outstanding games are generally a bit older, so by the time the Indie pack comes out, I already own those (or at least those I was interested in) and bought them shortly after release for full price. So, no need to purchase the bundle just for the sake of owning games I never gonna touch (too many of those in my Steam library already)

Sadly, there wasn't that much stuff which appealed to me in recent bundles.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Jan 16, 2013, 06:59 coldcut

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 20:32:
10000000 is on steam, and I've heard good things about it. I guess for $4, I'll give it a shot...
You might want to check the steam community forums, there are discussions about it being originally a mobile game. I also considered buying it, being a sucker for "match 3" myself, but these discussions made me hesitate. I'll wait for some more reviews.

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta
3. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Open Beta Jan 9, 2013, 11:07 coldcut

Additionally, the name "Akaneiro" invokes some resemblence to "Daikatana" for whatever reason - but this time, it seems that American McGee is (trying to) make us his b*tch with the 100% "complete" nonsense. Will carefully watch this release.  

News Comments > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Trailer
3. Re: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Trailer Jan 2, 2013, 10:42 coldcut

The Walking Z?  

News Comments > Goodbye Deponia Announced
5. Re: Goodbye Deponia Announced Dec 11, 2012, 03:33 coldcut

Sepharo wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 21:41:
Thought the first one was pretty great. Still haven't loaded up the second yet though.
The second one should be even better (and longer, for that matter). Unfortunately I haven't come to start the first game yet, as the queue of games to play is just too big for me. Right now I'm having a blast playing through The Book of Unwritten Tales, which is for me one of the best adventures in recent times (if you are into that kind of jokes), and the second one is already waiting for me in my GoG library.

Daedalic Entertainment is really an amazing developer, they are so close to their fans, they make a lot of stuff with and about them. The boss of Daedalic, Poki (the one who sings the opening song) made a duet of that song with a famous German Let's Player (Gronkh), and they even included the full Let's Play through two of their previous games (Edna breaks out and Harveys new eyes) of Gronkh on the newly released special edition game DVDs. That's hilarious and amazing too, in my opinion, I've never seen a developer so close to their fans.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned
7. Re: Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned Dec 8, 2012, 04:21 coldcut

Comments remind me of If Quake was done today, this video is quite accurate, unfortunately...  

157 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo