Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Oliver

Real Name Oliver   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname coldcut
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On May 7, 2008, 20:34
Total Comments 155 (Novice)
User ID 49536

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 20, 2013, 09:51 coldcut

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 09:44:
I've swapped over to Feedly, ...
That is exactly what I was going to suggest also I am using Feedly myself now too. Google Reader import works quite well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Game Sharing Planned?
3. Re: Steam Game Sharing Planned? Jun 19, 2013, 09:43 coldcut

NeOCidE wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 09:42:
Maybe it's just me and I can't seem to think outside the box, but what do Valve gain from this? Besides the potential for lost sales?
Customer satisfaction?

News Comments > GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight
7. Re: GOG.com No DRM Sale Includes Free Torchlight Jun 18, 2013, 14:20 coldcut

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 13:42:
"And none of our games ever will*.

* Except on Xbone."
What exactly does GOG have to do with Xbox or any other Console?

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jun 18, 2013, 06:07 coldcut

Anodyne is very good - get it NOW if you don't have it already  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
9. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 15:20 coldcut

Cutter wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 14:32:
Sigh, they just don't get it. Style over substance is not what Thief is about. And no, that isn't Garret. Stephen Russell is Garret, you jerks!
Exactly. Though I must admit (much to my shame) that I didn't know the name of the "real" Garret's voice. But THIS definitely is NOT Garrett.

News Comments > Tower of Guns
6. Re: Tower of Guns Jun 6, 2013, 08:25 coldcut

So it's another Paranautical Activity?  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock - Master Quest
8. Re: Legend of Grimrock - Master Quest Apr 25, 2013, 03:46 coldcut

Great news, I'll be sure to check this out. There are already a lot of very high quality "mods"/dungeons out there in the Workshop. This sounds like it could be one of the top 3 best mods so far. Definitely going to check this out tonight.  

News Comments > Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million
4. Re: Binding of Isaac Sells 2 Million Apr 21, 2013, 15:35 coldcut

I just hit 300 hours today. I got my platinum god since something before 200 hours, I don't remember exactly. But even now, the game is still extremely fun, because no two games will be the same.

I had an amazing run just right now, I was on the brink of death early on in the game, died and respawned as blue baby (Ankh), was down to 1/2 blue heart, but found the Mitre and later the Relic. I managed to snag some powerful items (last D6 roll gave me Quad Shot, and in the Chest I found Polyphemous...), so in the end I beat the game quite easily.

I already own several digital copies (Steam, Indie Bundle) and I just ordered the physical box edition, the Unholy Edition. This game is just that good, and Ed McMillen is an awesome guy, he has my full respect. Can't wait for the Rebirth edition !!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
12. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 15, 2013, 07:10 coldcut

Dev wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 22:13:
Beelzebud wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 14:03:
Project Unity seems like an awful lot of effort to get the same results as a modded Xbox 1 with emulators on it.
Some people want actual hardware. Usually the same kinda ppl that go and find an old CRT for a MAME cabinet instead of using a flat panel LCD. There's a variety of reasons people want the original hardware, one of them could be legitness.
There is quite an active speed running scene around those old consoles (http://speeddemosarchive.com/). Most of these speedruns require the actual, original console to be possible, because those runs require glitches and "bugs" that exist in the console, but not in the emulators. When watching some speed runners commentate their runs, they sometimes explain those glitches in detail. That's really freaked up stuff, but that's the main reason especially speed runners want/need the original console.

News Comments > Evening Previews
5. Re: Evening Previews Apr 5, 2013, 05:39 coldcut

I assume it will be a "reboot" in the likes of Tomb Raider, so that would mean it will be different, but good.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ms. Splosion Man
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Ms. Splosion Man Apr 4, 2013, 08:10 coldcut

According to the Steam community forum, apparently it does:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/105420/discussions/0/810920962509640742/

News Comments > No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions
3. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 08:42 coldcut

The last thing I would ever link to a Tomb Raider game is Multiplayer. I can't imagine how this even should work... I assume it's a stupid 3rd person shootfest. Just what we wanted...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 4, 2013, 01:57 coldcut

On a completely unrelated note (at least regarding the Tomb Raider discussion), it's nice to see Mark of the Ninja on the list. This game is highly underrated (well, not really underrated as it is 91/100 on metacritic), but unfortunately it did get only a tiny fraction of the attention it deserves. It's an absolutely fantastic game.  

News Comments > Wrath of Heroes Closing
1. Re: Wrath of Heroes Closing Feb 28, 2013, 08:36 coldcut

But I thought customers embrace micro-transactions and free-to-play games? How can it be?  

News Comments > More Games Get the Steam Greenlight
10. Re: More Games Get the Steam Greenlight Feb 26, 2013, 18:06 coldcut

Dang, no Super Amazing Wagon Adventure yet?
And yay for Anodyne! Will get it at the first opportunity!

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
1. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 22, 2013, 09:50 coldcut

Nice! I enjoyed 3 a great deal, unfortunately it was too short (and too easy). So here's hoping it will be much longer and better balanced  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock 2 Announced
13. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 21, 2013, 13:17 coldcut

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 12:51:
Well I guess not really. Perhaps they actually mean what they say. That they are gamers that if they answer to anyone it's their gaming customers. They love that old school DM feel. They made what they wanted to, not what they were limited to.
When they released the dungeon editor, they already extended the possibilities of the game engine by a good degree. Some of the levels in the workshop offer much more than the original game did, in terms of gameplay mechanics and graphics.

I'm really looking forward to this. Already, you can get lots and lots of hours of quality gameplay (for free) on the Steam workshop. Legend of Grimrock is one of the few games I felt the need to get all the Steam achievements (okay except the one speed running achievement). Others are Deus Ex Human Revolution (incl. DLC) and my Binding of Isaac Platinum God.

So yeah, can't wait for the new Legend of Grimrock!

News Comments > DayZ Mod on Steam
1. Re: DayZ Mod on Steam Feb 21, 2013, 09:00 coldcut

And it's (still) free!  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 21, 2013, 02:12 coldcut

In this direct comparison, it looks rather washed out. But the PC version seems to run at 15 FPS, which is god damn awful, but this might as well be a FRAPS/recording issue. Also, the PC version has so much motion blur, it makes me want to puke. Whoever decided for motion blur in video games should be hanged high on his balls.

Well, seeing as this is an extended tech demo, I'm not interested at all either, so I don't really care too much

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Impire
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Impire Feb 15, 2013, 04:27 coldcut

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 00:03:
Demo or bargain bin are the options here.
So if you get no demo, you'll buy it in any case from the bargain bin? You must buy a lot of games

155 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo